GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT6 is getting support from PD. All they need is time...
The problem with time however is possibly that with GT7 having been suggested to be not that far away and the missing features not yet implemented it leads me to wonder if said features might eventually be put in the too hard for PS3/GT6 basket and get put off for PS4/GT7.

The problem with time however is possibly that with GT7 having been suggested to be not that far away and the missing features not yet implemented it leads me to wonder if said features might eventually be put in the too hard for PS3/GT6 basket and get put off for PS4/GT7.

True.

PD needs something to hold us off for while; GT6 as it is at the moment is not cutting it. They need something to grab us in.

Last edited:
If this is the case, PD needs to give anyone who bought GT6 a $20-$30 off coupon for GT7. Seriously. It's not that the game is bad, but if they promised features for a game through DLC, and they never show up, it's false advertising. And it simply isn't fair to the tons of people who have been loyal to the series since the PS2/PS1 era, who gave their trust to this company, to not get what was directly stated from their own press releases.

If this is the case, PD needs to give anyone who bought GT6 a $20-$30 off coupon for GT7. Seriously. It's not that the game is bad, but if they promised features for a game through DLC, and they never show up, it's false advertising. And it simply isn't fair to the tons of people who have been loyal to the series since the PS2/PS1 era, who gave their trust to this company, to not get what was directly stated from their own press releases.
GT6 ain't selling too good. They has no moneyz to give us.

Anybody saw any footage of the fukuoka motor show with the triple screens and all that?

Yeah I saw that. But I thought it was at thought at other game show. The more places GT is the better I guess.

It's become clear that GT fans have been spoiled too much in the past. Half of them are now inflicted with entitlement syndrome.

GT6 ain't selling too good. They has no moneyz to give us.
I don't think people realize how devastating to the whole franchise this sales drop is. Virtual sales would have to exceed disk sales at this point to come anywhere close to GT5 sales figures which I believe topped 5 million in the first 8 weeks. GT6 hasn't passed 2 million yet and even with a liberal estimate of 1 million virtual units sales are still off 40% and discounted already as well.

Something has to give. You can't support an $80Million budget on these lower sales figures. It's quite possible they are feeling the effects already and it has something to do with promised features not being released, no promised track DLC yet and only 1 Vision GT car so far.

I don't think people realize how devastating to the whole franchise this sales drop is. Virtual sales would have to exceed disk sales at this point to come anywhere close to GT5 sales figures which I believe topped 5 million in the first 8 weeks. GT6 hasn't passed 2 million yet and even with a liberal estimate of 1 million virtual units sales are still off 40% and discounted already as well.

Something has to give. You can't support an $80Million budget on these lower sales figures. It's quite possible they are feeling the effects already and it has something to do with promised features not being released, no promised track DLC yet and only 1 Vision GT car so far.

It's become clear that GT fans have been spoiled too much in the past. Half of them are now inflicted with entitlement syndrome.
It's not entitlement when you expect to get what you paid for. There is major stuff on my box I wanted and don't have. There are major features PD advertised for months on their site as part of the game that are not part of the game. Nowhere did it say, "Here's a bunch of cool features that will be in the game at some point, just not at launch". It said, "Here's a bunch of cool features in the game".

2 million copies sold at 60 a pop and ya got 120 million. I thought they said the budget was around 60...so that would leave 60 million left and even if Sony took half that's 30 million made. I'm sure they aren't having trouble keeping the lights on.

It's not entitlement when you expect to get what you paid for. There is major stuff on my box I wanted and don't have. There are major features PD advertised for months on their site as part of the game that are not part of the game. Nowhere did it say, "Here's a bunch of cool features that will be in the game at some point, just not at launch".

They mention features available in future updates, it's all over their web site and has been since before release.

2 million copies sold at 60 a pop and ya got 120 million. I thought they said the budget was around 60...so that would leave 60 million left and even if Sony took half that's 30 million made. I'm sure they aren't having trouble keeping the lights on.

Yeah, because it's that simple..:lol:

I have no idea what PD's annual operating expenses are, but that tap runs year to year, if they have a game bringing in revenue or not.

If they sell 1-2 million copies in the first year I'd consider that incredibly successful.

So a multi platform game selling 1 - 2 million is considered successful, but an exclusive PS3 title selling the same is not successful?

So this is a handicapped sales race you are commentating on?

So a multi platform game selling 1 - 2 million is considered successful, but an exclusive PS3 title selling the same is not successful?

So this is a handicapped sales race you are commentating on?
Yes, the same as the Toronto Maple Leafs having 30 sell outs in a year would be a major cause of concern after selling out 50 years in a row, whereas in Columbus 10 sellouts a year might be an incredibly successful year. Not all games have the same development/advertising/distribution etc. budgets nor the same corporate expectations, nor the same legacy to continue, nor the same expectations from the fanbase. If you sell 70 million units in the first 5 versions of your game then drop to 2 million, that's not unsuccesful, that's a disaster.

Last edited:
You are my favorite kind of customer...

But unfortunately in this business there is much less of you than me.

not at all, a communities tone is set by the expectation of the product supported by the marketing messaging.

Communities for based on like minded interests and when those interests aren't served, or worse, based on grossly miss leading PR, communities tend to complain.

And when a group of very different people complain about the same thing, throw in some false advertising, and you have a mob...

The majority always rules, even if they aren't in control. To say the majority is wrong? Well, you would fit into the US senate quite well...

Consumers, as groups, decide with their wallets. Those wallets open from advertising. I think most here just want what was promised... Not just random requests...

And to really hammer my point? I've been a game developer for longer than Kaz, with massive successes that all gamers have experienced through my products... And with as much as I know, I sound exactly like a typical customer...

GT 6 is simply unacceptable in its current form.

So let's please bring on those updates promised, at least the ones due last month...
Aye, i'm not going to place a retort.

But I say :cheers:, Lawndart.

Yes, the same as the Toronto Maple Leafs having 30 sell outs in a year would be a major cause of concern after selling out 50 years in a row, whereas in Columbus 10 sellouts a year might be an incredibly successful year. Not all games have the same development/advertising/distribution etc. budgets nor the same corporate expectations, nor the same legacy to continue, nor the same expectations from the fanbase. If you sell 70 million units in the first 5 versions of your game then drop to 2 million, that's a not unsuccesful, that's a disaster.

On the flip side, 72 million units over the first 6 versions of the game sounds like a very successful series.

GT6 is also a networking exercise between PD and many manufacturers. An investment for future titles.

Last edited:
On the flip side, 72 million units over the first 6 versions of the game sounds like a very successful series.

GT6 is also a networking exercise between PD and many manufacturers. An investment for future titles.

72 Million units is great history...that and $4.00 will get you a cup of latte at Starbucks. It means nothing in 2014.

GT6 has enough cars for now. We need things to do with those cars.

YES! exactly stop giving us cars and give us features already (unless the cars are BMW E30 M3 & the Lotus Cortina)

I'm itching so bad for even a crappy version of the GPS course editor that I suggest you all buy shares in Gold Bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back