GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT5 XL's price dropping to $20 tells me #6 is closer then many may think
When, where?? When did this happen?:drool:
All the stores around here are still hawking it at $39.95.
Obviously if there is a 'Final' GT5, it would make all the other discs redundant. (In fact an unopened copy of the Original GT5 could turn out to be a collector's item.)
I am still waiting for news of a Final (as in 'compleat game') Disc. Only then will I peer out at the horizon for whatever they are going to call whatever is coming out - the one we call GT6.
TBH - I still haven't seen cover Art or any type of logo or slogan that actually says GT6.
Has anybody else?

When, where?? When did this happen?:drool:
All the stores around here are still hawking it at $39.95.
Obviously if there is a 'Final' GT5, it would make all the other discs redundant. (In fact an unopened copy of the Original GT5 could turn out to be a collector's item.)
I am still waiting for news of a Final (as in 'compleat game') Disc. Only then will I peer out at the horizon for whatever they are going to call whatever is coming out - the one we call GT6.
TBH - I still haven't seen cover Art or any type of logo or slogan that actually says GT6.
Has anybody else?

United States only it appears

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-xl-edition-gets-price-reduction-now-19-99/

GT5 XL's price dropping to $20 tells me #6 is closer then many may think
You did follow GT5's development cycle, right? Remember the constant delays?

I think it's more likely Sony will push PD to make GT6 a launch title for the PS4.

bzking23
only if pd has the dev kits for the ps4 which i highly doubt

I'm sure they had released dev kits thought I read it somewhere I could be wrong

bzking23
only if pd has the dev kits for the ps4 which i highly doubt

No it isn't. Someone at EA said he already seen the consoles. And if a Third party developer already seen the console or the devKits it is 96% sure that the First Party work with devkits already. I don't know if PD have them, but i think some First Party developer already work on PS4 games.

I think Sony already said that they work on next gen games.

No it isn't. Someone at EA said he already seen the consoles. And if a Third party developer already seen the console or the devKits it is 96% sure that the First Party work with devkits already. I don't know if PD have them, but i think some First Party developer already work on PS4 games.

I think Sony already said that they work on next gen games.

That may be true, but GT6 was rumored, hinted and flat out confirmed by Yamauchi-san himself that it's already being worked on. And that was looong before the Dev kits and specs of the PS4 were finalized. Around 2010 to be exact.

Snaeper
That may be true, but GT6 was rumored, hinted and flat out confirmed by Yamauchi-san himself that it's already being worked on. And that was looong before the Dev kits and specs of the PS4 were finalized. Around 2010 to be exact.

You may notice that you don't need a devkit to do
research,
talk with manufacture,
scan and create cars
test and create + discuss some feature,
Record and work on sound
License cars
And so on.

But you would still say you work on GT6.

Yamauchi said a few weeks ago that the reason for less GT5 updates is because they focus on GT6.

Well in 2010 they start working on GT6, bur we had big updates and so on. This means they really work on GT6 since 2012 or holiday 2011.

Fact is:
We don't know on which plattform GT6 will be released. Both is possible.

Last edited:
You may notice that you don't need a devkit to do
research,
talk with manufacture,
scan and create cars
test and create + discuss some feature,
Record and work on sound
License cars
And so on.

Research is pretty general term, and there's a number of facets for researching that might be restricted to needing the dev kit. Since there'd be no point in looking into something without knowing it's implemented limitations.

The same could be said for testing, creating and discussing your feature sets. I would think that a system's hardware specs would have to be present to see where the limitations lie. The same goes for working on sound, you could make a whole model on how sound is implemented (assuming they even want to change it, we all hope they do, but their hands might be tied), and it might be rendered obsolete or ineffective on the new platform. Again, best to have a dev kit around for doing something like this.

Then there's the simple fact that a plan and road map for GT6 could've been laid out several years ago to ensure that they made the most of the physics model they spent all that time creating for the PS3 to ensure that it doesn't only get used on one main title.

Also, I'm not so much arguing with you.. more along the lines of me just saying that we don't know what they do or do not need a dev kit for. 'Cause that would also require us to know what features they want to do, not to mention the possibility of a GT6 product plan existing long before the PS4's debut was ever finalized.

Yamauchi said a few weeks ago that the reason for less GT5 updates is because they focus on GT6.

Well in 2010 they start working on GT6, bur we had big updates and so on. This means they really work on GT6 since 2012 or holiday 2011.

Fact is:
We don't know on which plattform GT6 will be released. Both is possible.

I do agree to an extent. I was merely stating my case for the possibility of a release on PS3. Most of this comes from research I did over a year and a half a go while arguing this very same topic in the GT5 section.

A number of sites I visited provided insightful quotes that, at the time, suggested that a PS3 release far over a PS4 release, because the PS4 was still a twinkle in Sony's eye at that point. One of the quotes specifically was Hirai-san saying that he expected the PS3 to have a similar 10-year cycle to PS2, which would mean the PS4 would pop up around 2015-16.

Now we don't know how well PD is in the loop around Sony HQ (I'd imagine they'd be quite a bit given Yamauchi-san's position within the company and the sales success that the GT franchise has been for all playstation systems it's been released on.) But if you're hearing the boss essentially say "PS4=2016" and you're telling your players "You won't have to wait as long for GT6"... then you'd better be start developing a game for the PS3!

Obviously with all the hot rumors of the PS4 dev kits circling around, things have changed a bit, so we'll see. Hopefully TGS can enlighten us.

Returning to the Kia/Korean cars from a few pages back, Kia Soul with RM would be a laugh :lol:

Other than that, I would also agree that dev kits have been released to PD, though I wouldn't rule out a PS3 release until we are sure of which platform it will be released on.

Heck, it could be on PS3 and PS4. Who knows?

Most developers reported getting PS4 devkits by Match of this year. We don't know how long PD has had a PS4 devkit but I'm pretty sure Sony owned studios got first dibs on them.

I highly doubt PD is making one game for two consoles.

GTPorsche
Most developers reported getting PS4 devkits by Match of this year. We don't know how long PD has had a PS4 devkit but I'm pretty sure Sony owned studios got first dibs on them.

I highly doubt PD is making one game for two consoles.

As much as I would like to have GT6 on my PS3 to save money you make good since.

This is amazing news, and the fact that Stowe's also going to be included means the next iteration of GT's most probably going to have GT Academy mini-games like what we did...

and the challenges in this year's US GTA were very very interesting and I can imagine them being a hell of a lot of fun if they were recreated in the game.

What's also cool is that we couldn't find Stowe in any sim or mod to practice on, so this will be the first time the track's available to drive in any title really.

This is amazing news, and the fact that Stowe's also going to be included means the next iteration of GT's most probably going to have GT Academy mini-games like what we did...

and the challenges in this year's US GTA were very very interesting and I can imagine them being a hell of a lot of fun if they were recreated in the game.

What's also cool is that we couldn't find Stowe in any sim or mod to practice on, so this will be the first time the track's available to drive in any title really.

There are multiple versions of silverstone on various PC sims (i don't mean games like shift or F1) that you could have used

I have a sneaking suspicion that GT6 will have Silverstone and NOT GT5.

Purely because I think GT6 is closer than we think.

Who Knows! All speculation for now!

Bathurst + Silverstone = worth purchasing GT6 for already.

There are multiple versions of silverstone on various PC sims (i don't mean games like shift or F1) that you could have used

He's talking about Stowe, the smaller circuit.

Silverstone_Stowe_Circuit.gif

Nice to hear, hopefully Stowe will be feature as well.

Stowe circuit isn't readily available in any sim, and trust me, I have them all. A guy whipped one up on BTB a long time ago but it was lost in the great Megaupload purge.

Of course we all practiced on Silverstone circuit itself. I personally went around National and South circuit a lot in iRacing, then the FCMG version of the new GP circuit in rFactor as well. But it didn't help all that much because, as the GTP news article said, we did most of our benchmarking and certain challenges on Stowe.

It won't be GT5 DLC, i'm pretty sure of it. It's far too late in the day to be adding huge licenses to the game.

Classic
I have a sneaking suspicion that GT6 will have Silverstone and NOT GT5.

Purely because I think GT6 is closer than we think.

Who Knows! All speculation for now!

One can only hope you are right. I hate to say it but, I think it's a bit closer than some are have been saying on here as well. Fingers crossed

I'm glad I know what Stowe is now. The pictures and video from GT Academy racing on what I assume is Stowe had me worried, as I thought that was Silverstone and I began asking myself, "Why are we requesting this track? Isn't this a Formula 1 track??? Why does it look so awful?"

Thank goodness I know the difference now. Hopefully we'll see it in GT6 upon release.

Does GT now cater to professional race car drivers rather to than gamers?

I'm glad new tracks are on the way, but I feel some of these new features are made just for professional racers instead of gamers. As Jordan wrote: "most players will obviously never have a chance to record their own laps..." This data logger feature's been in the works for 2 whole years....my God. Precious time.

Still waiting for features we've been requesting since 2000: Livery editor (no more silly paint chips), /number plates, team building, etc. Still waiting for GT to be the ultimate car enthusiast's game and not just the game that professional drivers use to practice in between races.

Anyone have similar feelings?

Does GT now cater to professional race car drivers rather to than gamers?

I'm glad new tracks are on the way, but I feel some of these new features are made just for professional racers instead of gamers. As Jordan wrote: "most players will obviously never have a chance to record their own laps..." This data logger feature's been in the works for 2 whole years....my God. Precious time.

Still waiting for features we've been requesting since 2000: Livery editor (no more silly paint chips), /number plates, team building, etc. Still waiting for GT to be the ultimate car enthusiast's game and not just the game that professional drivers use to practice in between races.

Anyone have similar feelings?

+1. Now that you mention that, I do feel the same as you @CorvetteConquer about the professionals getting more attention than us. What's up with that I ask? Have Kaz talked about his fans and GT6 lately?

If Kaz brings Gran Turismo goes down that path.....

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d18649.html
Translated
After a period of about five years of development, this project, which began in the autumn of 2007, we reached the stage of commercial mounted to the vehicle. This technology was used to form a system "CAN-Gateway ECU ※" real-time transmission of data traveling jointly developed by Toyota and Denso.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6589.html
After roughly 5 years of development, the project has now become available on a commercial equipped vehicle. The technology utilizes the "CAN-Gateway ECU*", a real time driving data transmission system developed by Toyota and Denso.

How does this take time away from the game's development? Really, explain. Do you know anything we don't know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back