GT6 Official Car List Impressions/Thoughts

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 987 comments

Prototyp3

(Banned)
United States
Oregon
Just combed through the official cat list via the front page and I have to say I'm unimpressed.

Where is the McLaren P1?

Where is the Ferrari LaFerrari (F-150)?

Where is the Koenigsegg Agera R? Or Koenigsegg in general for that matter?

Where is the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento? Or the Veneno?

I love GT, been playing since GT2 waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy back in the day but man... So many of the cars that I really wanted aren't in the game. I'm guessing this means DLC? Which I think is pretty weak sauce. More so, since games like Forza 5, NFS:Rivals, DriveClub, ect, will be including some, or all of these cars.

The omission of the P1 and F-150 alone is pretty worrying imo. McLaren and Ferrari, going at it again after all these years.. and what? GT is going to miss out on it? smh.

Anyway, please post your thoughts on the official car list. Happy? Sad? Angry? Would love to hear what some of you guys think of the list. Any of your favorites missing? Any cars you think should be on there that aren't? glaring omissions?

Last edited:
Why don't we have every single one you like? Because Kaz apparently doesn't like you, must be.

Last edited:
Why don't we have every single you like? Because Kaz apparently doesn't like you, must be.
it's not about the cars I like, there's no 2 ways about it --- these cars are the new line of Hyper Cars, this new generation of the best tech, the fastest and most expensive and influential designs. To omit these cars isn't about my personal preference, it's about missing out on what;s happening in this field of car manufacture and the culture that comes with it.

I really think that PD will earn a lot of money through DLC updates. (E.g: Hypercar DLC (5-10€) with LaFerrari, P1, Agera R, Sesto Elemento, Ariel Atom, Veyron SuperSport...) I would pay for it as I'm stupid and live for cars haha

Also realise that they erased the Ferrari F1s. Maybe to bring them with updated Ferraris or Senna's F1s? Who knows, I really hope so to be honest. Never mind if it costs 5 or 10 euros, it's a shame that they aren't there from day 1 but...

I'm actually pleased. Sure, some are missing but we still got a lot of new additions that are lovely and very welcome. 250GTO? Yes, please! Ferrari FXX? Yup, my Zonda R needs something to have a duel with. The pikes-peak specials of Monster Tajima? Yup, all lovely.

At least they're trying. Most of those cars have been specifically requested by the community. And by community I actually mean us, GTPlanet, and our prettym humongous wishlists.

it's not about the cars I like, there's no 2 ways about it --- these cars are the new line of Hyper Cars, this new generation of the best tech, the fastest and most expensive and influential designs. To omit these cars isn't about my personal preference, it's about missing out on what;s happening in this field of car manufacture and the culture that comes with it.
Isn't that happening on all levels?

Your bias is clearly on supercars, but GT has a much wider range to cover. We're "missing out" on such a high number of areas, listing 4 cars of one sort looks like a joke.

I'm actually pleased. Sure, some are missing but we still got a lot of new additions that are lovely and very welcome. 250GTO? Yes, please! Ferrari FXX? Yup, my Zonda R needs something to have a duel with. The pikes-peak specials of Monster Tajima? Yup, all lovely.

At least they're trying. Most of those cars have been specifically requested by the community. And by community I actually mean us, GTPlanet, and our prettym humongous wishlists.

You said it yourself the wishlist is humongous, they're bound to hit a few by coincidence. But where is the most requested car, BMW M3 E30? Nowhere to be found, again. Supra, the most requested standard > premium upgrade, not done.

I'm excited about quite a few of the cars, but I think the list is still lacking big time. Sure, the "Base Models" along with a good livery editor could make up for that, but I'd like to see more race cars from the past and present. For example, some BTCC Super Tourers, or Class 1 DTM cars from the mid 90's wouldn't hurt! :drool:

At first I was excited at some of the inclusions; Diablo, Boss 302, Trans Am, FXX etc.

But once I calmed down and thoroughly looked through what was there I was slightly disappointed at some popular cars that had been missed. P1, laferrari, TS030 etc

But I then looked again and the new additions only go up to 124. If PD are counting the anniversary cars as part of their new 200 then we still have some more to come. Plus with the Toyota 2000GT in premium in the trailer but not in the list I have some cause for optimism. Some more Euro Fords please PD!!!!

Why PD refuses to acknowledge the existence of the E30 is beyond me. BMW has been around since GT2 and it's still not in. Hopefully, it will be DLC.

On the other hand, I am very excited about some of the cars. I can't wait to get my hands on the two Diablos and the "Base Model" cars intrigue me.

As somebody who plays both Forza and GT, I am pretty impressed with the GT car list, can't wait to drive FXX in GT, also the GTO among others. They are giving quite a lot of new stuff in this release, although they still insist on putting in a higher percentage of Nissan/Toyota/Hondas etc, oh well.

Hmmm I am very concerned about the lack of open wheelers, looks like the FGT (standard, might I add) is all us F1 fans will get :(

Kind of remind people like you or me who love open wheeler cars, that PD signed a collaboration with Ayrton Senna Institute from Brazil...so maybe in the future they will add through a DLC some cars (old glorious F1 cars) that Senna drove in the past.
Who knows...but if PD signed and put its name, is because of something. I give you something, you let me do something to me too. ;)

Isn't that happening on all levels?

Your bias is clearly on supercars, but GT has a much wider range to cover. We're "missing out" on such a high number of areas, listing 4 cars of one sort looks like a joke.
I think you have a good point.

It is happening on all levels. But the difference is degree. I feel like the range of Hyper cars has expanded so much recently, combined with the fate that it's such an exciting field, makes the problem more poignant then in other classes.

These are the most powerful street legal cars on the planet, these are the cars we hang up as posters as kids. Cars that are the best, most cutting edge machines and that these companies (that we love) can create. It's exciting to see the build up to a release of a Hyper car. The entire process is beautiful.

so ya, I'm a little biased but ^^ but I think the argument I'm making is sound.

You said it yourself the wishlist is humongous, they're bound to hit a few by coincidence. But where is the most requested car, BMW M3 E30? Nowhere to be found, again. Supra, the most requested standard > premium upgrade, not done.

I didn't deny that nor did I say I was completely satisfied by the wishlist, your points are true but I insist my main point holds: They're trying. Is it enough? No. Will GT survive with "Trying"? Not on the next gen consoles. Will it do for now? I think so, it could be worse.

I'm excited about quite a few of the cars, but I think the list is still lacking big time. Sure, the "Base Models" along with a good livery editor could make up for that, but I'd like to see more race cars from the past and present. For example, some BTCC Super Tourers, or Class 1 DTM cars from the mid 90's wouldn't hurt! :drool:

As usual, a Strittan is a better wording of what I tried to say 👍

1. Hoorayy!!! Gen 6 cars, wish they made them paintable base models but y'know, hey
2. stealth/Chromelines are back, YESSSSSS!!
3. What are these cars "
Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10" and "
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Race Car '69". I'm very intrigued by the possibilities of these "base models"

Where is the piaggio ape 50 then.
_ape50.gif

Seriously, we always see this kind of rant, ''why not this, why not that'', it's impossible to have everything, it's a never ending loop.
I'm actually happy with the new cars, sometimes i think ''too bad we don't have that'' too, but i don't see THAT big deal like ''why pd didn't put that in the games? reptilians are blackmailing kaz with xxx photos of his gtr doing it with a porsche?''.
Don't get me wrong, i don't want to be offensive, just saying.
Anyway, i want to see what is this base model thing, i'm really interested.

I still want an ape (bee) 50 though. LOL

Last edited:
I was actually quite pleased with the selection. Not that it's perfect by any means, but I think they did rather well, at least better than I expected them to. The only thing that really annoyed me was the lack of new RUFs. I swear, he's doing it on purpose.

I think PD are really trying to include less Japanese cars and focus more on European and American cars. It's a good sign. I'm a bit confused by two things though. Firstly, why are there two Huayras? Secondly, why is there a new Ford GT? Anyway, I'm good with the new car list. Personally, there are too many race cars. Could be worse.

I was actually quite pleased with the selection. Not that it's perfect by any means, but I think they did rather well, at least better than I expected them to. The only thing that really annoyed me was the lack of RUFs. I swear, he's doing it on purpose.

we set the bar so low

I am disappointed because they pump up (I don't know what other term to use, I hope to be understood) the number of vehicles with chrome line, stealth line and base models.

In any case, be sure that it's not the final list?

Back