GT6 Official Car List Impressions/Thoughts

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 987 comments
Why am I not surprised everyone on here is only talking about the millions cars that "should've" been included :lol:.Despite the fact the list isn't even final I am more than pleased with an additional 100+ cars to the game.Also more tracks got weather and time change !!
Does these "Base Models" mean that the livery for the race car will be in the color selections instead a completely different car?

Last edited:
I don't think it took nearly as long to make 2 of the exact same Huayra as it would to make one of them and a totally different car. They probably could have only made the Ruf badge in the time it took them to model the second Huayra. Sure it's a annoying car count pad but losing that wouldn't have helped increase the car count in another area in any way
That is no excuse at all, this should be thought before saying they'd deliver a certain amount of cars. Time goes by and they realize they can't deliver all in new cars so they start duplicating stuff only to make out for the number.

IMO I'd prefer they to give us less but different cars rather than lots but duplicated cars.
But what is done is done, let's just hope there will be DLC's including new cars, and for a reasonable price.

I didnt see an indication of which cars are standard and which are premium. Can you guys show me where you are seeing this.

TBH I was expecting them to cull a heap of the standards and duplicates, and kind of wish they did.

The new cars are great and can't wait to drive them as well as the new race cars.

Surely the cars we are all lamenting as missing (as in the new round of Hypercars) will come as DLC.
Hopefully we get a couple of Aussie cars in there too this time.

I didnt see an indication of which cars are standard and which are premium. Can you guys show me where you are seeing this.

If it's new for GT6, it's Premium (though can you imagine if some weren't? Would be funny as hell). If it's not new for GT6 and it was Standard in GT5, it's still Standard.

I hope so. I'd like to see a `13 dart, a Cherokee SRT, and a Chrysler SRT. Maybe a magnum too.
I also was hoping for a 1gen neon, and a premium SRT neon.

You know what's bugging me a lot?

1.What's the difference between the 2011 and the 2013 Huayra?

2.Didn't Bugatti stop making normal Veyron models before 2013 to build the Supersport/Grand Vitesse? Or am I wrong?

3.Odd lack of Ferraris from '92 to '02?

Other than those nitpicks, i am loving this.

If it's new for GT6, it's Premium (though can you imagine if some weren't? Would be funny as hell). If it's not new for GT6 and it was Standard in GT5, it's still Standard.

Thanks man. Was really looking forward to driving premium mk4 supra, ae86, and v35 g35 sedan :(

Why does there always have to be imperfections when the "perfectionist" Kazunori has been in the works. Look it this Nova. The trim on the c-pillar suggests that it's a vinyl roof car, but it isn't.

i1tWTqp6SVyCO.jpg

It's not the end of the world, but still annoying.

Why does there always have to be imperfections when the "perfectionist" Kazunori has been in the works. Look it this Nova. The trim on the c-pillar suggests that it's a vinyl roof car, but it isn't.

i1tWTqp6SVyCO.jpg

In the world of classic american cars, certain cars don't technically exist, for example the tempest GTO.. there was no such car produced.. but it came with a gto option.. now the following year there was a GTO

In the world of classic american cars, certain cars don't technically exist, for example the tempest GTO.. there was no such car produced.. but it came with a gto option.. now the following year there was a GTO
I'm sorry, but what the hell does that have to do with what I just addressed?

The final LaFerrari and P1 production versions were revealed less than 6 months ago. Even if they had the models before then, it is unlikely they would have been able to model them. PD takes longer than that other company that makes that other game. That has its pros and cons.

The toyota 2000GT and Sauber C9 were both premiums in the trailer they aren't on the new to GT6 category.So fingers still crossed that some of those cars ( SUPRA !) are indeed converted to premium.

I thought the car list was ok but still needs some improvement maybe through DLC i have been playing this game since GT2 and still i think GT2 was the best by far for cars, gameplay and tracks. GT5 in my opinion was awful to be honest and nothing was really memorable the music was a mess the gameplay did change slightly but not much and loading times where diabolical and most the cars where standard. The worst thing was 1/4 of the car list where made up of skylines/GTR's and it only got worse when they kept bringing dlc's with more GTR'r instead of focusing on what people want. I want to see the return of Vector and a few others that haven't been in the GT series such as the alfa romeo 33 stradale but of course they wont. They haven't moved on much from car controls there should be cruise control and the ability to use turn signals. Atleast they introduced the ability to use headlights horn and window wipers though in the rain window wipers turn on automatically which makes no sense you just feel like you have no control over the car that way. I have my doubts about GT6 already when they use words like 'maybe' or 'could make an appearance' and they lied about the size of the course maker about 3 times so GT6 is really just GT5 the way it was supposed to be.

Last edited:
P1 is xbox one exclusive from what I know but I understand it to be a limited time frame so P1 will probably come as DLC down the line as Forza is working with McLaren like PD is Nissan. Man I want that car it's simply amazing and bad ass!

Damn, I knew there were backroom deals going on. Oh well. I just hope I'm at least offered to buy the cars individually from DLC. I don't want to buy packs with cars I don't care about.

Personal highlights:

Audi Sport quattro S1 Pikes Peak ’87 - This thing is a monster, and I love that PD is giving us the choice between the slightly tamer Group B variant and the Pikes Peak version. Very cool.

Chevrolet Corvette StingRay Racer Concept ’59 - Interesting choice and not a car you're used to seeing in a game. On the whole, it's nice to see these more experimental one-offs like the Alfa BAT and the Plymouth XNR get some attention.

Ferrari GTO ’84 - The late '70s-'80s is my favorite period of Ferrari, so it's nice to see this join the F40 and 512BB.

Lamborghini Diablo GT2 ’98 - The '90s, on the other hand, is my favorite period in automotive history and the Diablo was always a childhood favorite of mine. The GT2 version is a rarity, just icing on the cake.

Mazda RX500 ’70 - Wasn't expecting this at all. It's inclusions like this that make GT second-to-none for car nerds, as you wouldn't see this in a racing game. Would have liked to see some more concepts from the time period though, like the Mercedes C111.

McLaren F1 GTR – BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) ’95 - My all time favorite car, the F1 GTR short tail, and the very same car that won Le Mans in '95.

Subaru SUBARU BRZ R&D SPORT ’12 - All modern racing cars should look this good. Can't say I'm surprised, as Super GT has always been a part of Gran Turismo, but I'm pleased none the less.

Overall it's a good mix of many different types of cars, from historic racers to supercars to crazy concepts. Compared to GT5, I think PD did a much better job in terms of hitting every corner of automotive history. Of course there's cars I would have liked to see, like the Toyota TS030, LaFerrari, MP4-12C GT3, and so on, but the same could be said for any game's roster.

Last edited:

i1tWTqp6SVyCO.jpg

A small few Novas were actually built with a white top.
004.jpg

He's wrong though, it's not exclusive.

I addressed this before and replied to your comment as I said it's not fact and something I had read that carried weight at the time. Any way I can tell from your posts today so far you woke up on the wrong side of the bed

The new car are unimpressive, half of the list is standards that made it premium, and a lot of choices are questionable. Half [of what remains] are duplicates of the same car (Nascar per example). There is basically around 50 new models and it is pretty much bland. No pre-2000 Civics or Integras, 97 Supra???, no 80s 90s rally, DTM old and new, same with open wheels, Indys and F1s, no V8 Supercar ?Bathurst?, not a single small manufacturer supercar like Noble. Also, they need to find a way to speed up the development time on those cars and tracks, because if they keep that pace Forza will eat them up for breakfast and PD won't survive the next generation.

I addressed this before and replied to your comment as I said it's not fact and something I had read that carried weight at the time. Any way I can tell from your posts today so far you woke up on the wrong side of the bed

I was simply clarifying as he posted after the correction and seemingly didn't see it.

Latest Posts

Back