GT6 Q/A

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 1,535 comments
I'd be surprised if they included the sound patch in the day 1 update. I think you're better off waiting a few months.
It was only a speculation. I don't expect it either, but we if you've seen any of the videos from TGS or similar places with "full builds" of the game, the tires definitely have a different squeal to them, so maybe OP typoed and they do sound different?

Sorry if it's been asked already, but all I want to know is how good the frame rate is in 1080. I remember the GT Academy being pretty bad.

Thanks for taking the time to answer everyone's questions.

I think it had the option for gallery mode or whatever it's called and as such it's a premium model.
Which goes against what Kaz said about getting rid of the STANDARD monicker in GT6. The cars were being treated equally according to him, and yet here is the very first example of that not being the case.

It was only a speculation. I don't expect it either, but we if you've seen any of the videos from TGS or similar places with "full builds" of the game, the tires definitely have a different squeal to them, so maybe OP typoed and they do sound different?

Yes he mentioned the tire sounds do sound different and more realistic. I was referring to the engine sounds.

Updated OP. Pics part II are here.

2013_11_29_1_52_23_zpscebdd0cd.png~original

2013_11_29_1_52_18_zps85c7d626.png~original

Even though my question wasn't answered directly, I want to thank you for posting these particular screenshots. They tell me most of what I wanted to know. Unfortunately it seems my favorite game mode has been quite neglected once more. Not only does it function in very much the same way as it did the previous title of the franchise, its variety of choice regarding cars has been reduced by more than half, from 55 to 20. Not very appealing, I must admit.

However, it may still be possible to work around this shortcoming. I would like to ask about the paint system instead.
How does it work in GT6?

I
Which goes against what Kaz said about getting rid of the STANDARD monicker in GT6. The cars were being treated equally according to him, and yet here is the very first example of that not being the case.
I think the term used was "no functional differences" which I believe still holds up. Being able to see the car in a mode which would make it look bad hardly counts.

Even though my question wasn't answered directly, I want to thank you for posting these particular screenshots. They tell me most of what I wanted to know. Unfortunately it seems my favorite game mode has been quite neglected once more. Not only does it function in very much the same way as it did the previous title of the franchise, its variety of choice regarding cars has been reduced by more than half, from 55 to 20. Not very appealing, I must admit.

However, I may still be possible to work around this shortcoming. I would like to ask about the paint system instead.
How does it work in GT6?

It would Be nice, once choosing the car in Arcade, if we can choose AI cars to race against.

Not all the cars YOU want to see, all the cars everyone wants. Into one post. If you can.

Paint system in GT6 is identical to GT5. You buy a car, you get its paint chip. Then you can use it on other cars.

NOTE: Keeping a minimum speed through a corner seems to be harder in this game. The tyres are constantly screaming and losing speed.

Youtube
This is taking longer than expected. Your video has been queued and will be processed as soon as possible.
I hope Sony didn't ask youtube to filter any videos tagged with GT6. ****.

Credits in races are they individual payouts for place finished? Or does first place net you bronze and silver credits as well?

Guys, can one of you make a list of the cars you wanna see? Gather up a dozen cars or something and put them all in a new post.

Within the hour, I hope.

Not sure I can afford it.

Could you at least share a pic of it? And now that I remembered, can you tell if the lights spin inside the lightbar domes? They spin in GT5 when in garage/GTauto view.

Not all the cars YOU want to see, all the cars everyone wants. Into one post. If you can.

Paint system in GT6 is identical to GT5. You buy a car, you get its paint chip. Then you can use it on other cars.

NOTE: Keeping a minimum speed through a corner seems to be harder in this game. The tyres are constantly screaming and losing speed.

I hope Sony didn't ask youtube to filter any videos tagged with GT6. ****.

I uploaded I higher quality version of the 17 min. video released last week from that German gaming site, and it gave me the same message about it taking a while to upload. I don't recall it taking to long, the video could possibly be up now, and the higher quality might take a little while. It only took about 20 or so minutes after seeing the message you just saw.

Edit: Did it give you the link to where it would be uploaded?

WTF?

In Gran Turismo 2 the cars were unlocked as you progress in GT Mode...

Of course, at the beginning you had a few cars in each class. But in GT5 (for example) you had a lot of cars, of every class. I think this is just good for people who didn't even play the GT mode in GT5 (maybe these kinds of people exist).

Back