GT6 Q/A

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 1,535 comments
When air goes underneath the car and there are gaps it creates turbulence from the air getting trapped in those gaps which affects top speed and cornering (in road cars fuel economy). When the floor is flat the air gets pushed straight to the rear eliminating that turbulence.

Also when air gets pushed underneath the car it gets pressurized; the lower the front the more pressure created, more downforce generated. So in racing terms a flat floor is more valuable than a huge rear wing.

I cant wait to drive a car at 180 on HSR to see if it pulls... hmm whats an M3 look like underneath. O.o :D

When air goes underneath the car and there are gaps it creates turbulence from the air getting trapped in those gaps which affects top speed and cornering (in road cars fuel economy). When the floor is flat the air gets pushed straight to the rear eliminating that turbulence.

Also when air gets pushed underneath the car it gets pressurized; the lower the front the more pressure created, more downforce generated. So in racing terms a flat floor is more valuable than a huge rear wing.

Well, based on the reading I've been doing on the subject, all of this is theoretical. It really depends on a number of factors. The reason this works with a true race car is that the suspension is setup to not pitch around too much, giving a stable aerodynamic surface at high speeds. However, to enable this, a race car typically has to move the exhaust and other components. And you do this knowing that you lose some degree of cooling without proper ventilation. On a street car, this would be silly. It pitches too far forward during braking and leans too much during cornering. You'd just add a ton of extra weight. Will be interesting to see how this tradeoff is implemented in the game, if at all. Edit: ahh, it appears they just don't let you do something stupid, ok.

More Info:

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2455/article.html

We’ll will concentrate strictly on road cars, and the majority of technical resources that we’ll use are sourced from road car literature. The modifications that we’ll do are also on road cars. However, a word of warning. Without completely redesigning the underside of your car – and that includes potentially re-routing the exhaust, changing the suspension stiffness and developing custom all-enveloping underside panels – you are very unlikely to generate a large amount of downforce. It’s just not possible to achieve that with only tweaks.

However, you are likely to be able to either reduce lift or decrease drag. We choose to reduce drag sufficiently to give a real and measurable decrease in open road fuel consumption without noticeably affecting cross-wind or high-speed stability. The fact that we did it on a car that is already highly aero-optimised from the factory shows what is possible.

Last edited:
If you guys ever went to a Nissan showroom and got a GTR brochure, there's a page about how the GTR has flat floors which came from auto racing.

Hello! Thanks for your contributions. I have checked your Photobucket and BoabduIrahman's Flickr accounts, but haven't seen a photo of the Ruf 3400S. If you happen to have a moment, could you post a shot of that car, please? Thanks! 👍

Filled my playing quota today. My internet's been going on and off so the video upload will take the whole night. I'll post them tomorrow, if they're uploaded.

YES you can save free run replays.
NO you can't delete individual time trial entries
Aero package and rear wings do not increase PP, but flat floor does. Pics at the end.

@play3man Spa has a full 24 hour range from 0000 to 2359
@JTB10000 arcade set to 10 + professional race coming within 12 hours. Slow upload.
@deadbob777 your Delorean pics
@boomee your Z pics are here
@ImmalovemaGTR RUF and M3 pics are here
@alucard0712 720p is fine. I'll check again tomorrow when I'm not half asleep.
@FastTech your focus st170 pics are here
@SomePlayaDude your gt40 mk1 pics are here
@Lawndart @Nielsen @audi5C uploading Le sarthe and Nordeschliefe from AI's cockpit. Too tired to play now.
@looping2batir Your clio RS pics are here

2013_12_3_0_19_16_zps82c2f161.png~original

2013_12_3_0_19_32_zps095a3549.png~original

2013_12_3_0_21_12_zps36612feb.png~original

2013_12_3_0_21_32_zps975573a8.png~original

2013_12_3_0_21_54_zps4deb7a11.png~original

2013_12_3_0_22_14_zpsa6e54ddd.png~original

2013_12_3_0_23_32_zpsf265d264.png~original

2013_12_3_0_23_56_zpsf78053ba.png~original

2013_12_3_0_24_55_zps58c8873b.png~original

2013_12_3_0_25_54_zpse5c1ecd3.png~original

2013_12_3_0_26_11_zps1d86c76b.png~original

2013_12_3_0_27_0_zpsc98d3bba.png~original

2013_12_3_0_27_15_zpsf22d4f86.png~original

2013_12_3_0_27_49_zpsf14dbd39.png~original

2013_12_3_0_28_1_zps13bfe261.png~original

2013_12_3_0_28_10_zpsee5344e3.png~original

2013_12_3_0_31_6_zps98a49335.png~original

2013_12_3_0_31_27_zpsc52c6ec8.png~original

2013_12_3_0_32_32_zpse8791d7f.png~original

2013_12_3_0_32_44_zps3651fa69.png~original

2013_12_3_0_32_50_zpse2a3acdb.png~original

2013_12_3_0_33_0_zps709e7417.png~original

PP before flat floor
2013_12_2_23_2_47_zps88a1d382.png~original

After
2013_12_2_23_3_40_zps0368d607.png~original
Fantastic! Your a real pro being able to organize and fulfill all these specific request! I really appreciate the effort!

A wing weighs like 3 KG, not 0 KG...

But, how much does the part they are replacing weigh? The weight difference may be negligible in most cases, therefore, when taking a part off to then replace it with another, an actual difference may not be recorded!

PD care about many of us. I certainly feel it, and have felt it through 5 GT games. 6 if you include GTpsp, that gives me the occasional tickle.

GT6 feels similar to bringing home a new puppy, and the neighbours are complaining because they prefer cats.
GT used to be a cat.

@BHRxRacer Thank you for your time and input.
I do have a couple of questions for you if you have the time or inclination...
If you could do photos or video, either would be appreciated, but just typed answers will suffice!

1) What colours does the Pontiac Firebird Trans Am come in?
2) What engine modifications can be done to the Trans Am?
3) Do GT6 replays have the same interior views as GT5?
4) What body modifications can be done to an Abarth 500?

Disappointed to see that the Delorean is untouched. Hopefully it'll be smartened up through updates.

Also seeing as though GT now recognises that some cars are supercharged, does the Shelby's supercharger gauge work? Or GT's own gauge?

Might the sickness inside of me talking but when I read that all I thought of was flat flooring a Fiat 500 :lol:
Yeah the kubelwagen for me, those soldiers aint gonna catch me :gtpflag:

@BHRxRacer, can you post how the bodykit mods look like for R32 GTR premium ? Did PD add some more or is it just the same as GT5 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @BHRxRacer. I gotta say, the sense of speed is greatly improved in GT6 over GT5. These videos really show it well.

@BHRxRacer, I've asked this question in a couple of different threads and haven't gotten a clear answer. I was wondering if you could test this for us. Are you able to put racing numbers on the standard street cars? I'm guessing no. But I was wondering if you could confirm.

Thanks,

MX

Don't get your hopes up - this bridge was actually at Le Mans in 2013. Thanks @BHRxRacer for the video!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-03 at 15.42.07.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-03 at 15.42.07.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 5
Thanks @BHRxRacer. I gotta say, the sense of speed is greatly improved in GT6 over GT5. These videos really show it well.

@BHRxRacer, I've asked this question in a couple of different threads and haven't gotten a clear answer. I was wondering if you could test this for us. Are you able to put racing numbers on the standard street cars? I'm guessing no. But I was wondering if you could confirm.

Thanks,

MX

The sense of Speed is the same as in GT5 since they didnt Change the FOV. What you are experience is the advanced Motion blur they use now in the replays also for the gameplay cams.

Wish they put it to the gameplay. Or at least an Option to turn it on/off.

Thanks,

MX
I don't know what kind of car, but there is an option grey'd out for changing the number. I think I can do it with a base model. I'll try once I can afford one.

I don't know what kind of car, but there is an option grey'd out for changing the number. I think I can do it with a base model. I'll try once I can afford one.

I think you answered my question. We know that you can put numbers on the base models. I was hoping it wasn't greyed out on the standard street cars. Bummer. But thanks.

Back