GT6 Q/A

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 1,535 comments
As seen in the video showing all the cars, the 2013 model has slightly more horsepower and is a little lower. It's also probably lighter. So, unlike the two Bugattis there is a marketable difference between them. The Bugattis is just, one's a standard car from 2009 and the other's a premium car from 2013.

the issue with that is Pagani in all respectable motoring magazines and their website do not talk about every upgrading the car with more power or less weight.

No, they're not. They're race cars that are already in the game, but with blank liveries. I don't see anyone describing GT500 cars as RM models.

Not every "Base Model" is a GT500! But even I did not describe them as RM models, I said they're the equivalent of the RM models...

Not every "Base Model" is a GT500! But even I did not describe them as RM models, I said they're the equivalent of the RM models...

You certainly did. And they're not. Some of them may be, but certainly not all of them. So the statement "these Base Models are the equivalent of an RM car" is not correct.

Ones that might be:
Garaiya GT300
IS350 GT300
F1 GTR
Amemiya RX7 GT300
BRZ GT300
Impreza GT300

You get the idea. GT300 cars are about the only ones that aren't purpose built racers. And we've had all those GT300 cars since GT5, except that they had liveries on them.

I don't think taking a livery off makes it an RM car. If anything, the original RM cars had liveries ON them so you should be counting all the GT300 cars as RMs of their respective foundation cars.

You certainly did. And they're not. Some of them may be, but certainly not all of them. So the statement "these Base Models are the equivalent of an RM car" is not correct.

Ones that might be:
Garaiya GT300
IS350 GT300
F1 GTR
Amemiya RX7 GT300
BRZ GT300
Impreza GT300

You get the idea. GT300 cars are about the only ones that aren't purpose built racers. And we've had all those GT300 cars since GT5, except that they had liveries on them.

I don't think taking a livery off makes it an RM car. If anything, the original RM cars had liveries ON them so you should be counting all the GT300 cars as RMs of their respective foundation cars.

In the eyes of PD, for the purposes of the game, they are! Just because PD gave them a particular name, they are not necessarily that particular car (as in how they've been modified)!

In the eyes of PD, for the purposes of the game, they are! Just because PD gave them a particular name, they are not necessarily that particular car (as in how they've been modified)!

So your explanation is that a GT500 car isn't actually a real GT500 car, but it is somehow still a real NSX or whatever else is in it's name?

And all this in a game that purports to accurately simulate the cars? They've decided to go way out into left field and model a race prepped NSX instead of an actual GT500 model, and then call it a GT500?

Why would they even do that? You know, other than to prop up your poorly conceived and otherwise illogical theory.

They're nice like that, they do it for me all the time. I had a theory about how all the tyres weren't actually tyres even though they're called tyres, look like tyres and quack like tyres. My theory is that they are actually a highly accurate simulation of a three part blend of marshmallow, bitumen and pig snot. PD had been working on a real tyre simulation, but they kindly changed to researching my marshmallow/bitumen/pig snot tyres just so that my theory could be right.

That's how much PD cares about their customers.

PD care about many of us. I certainly feel it, and have felt it through 5 GT games. 6 if you include GTpsp, that gives me the occasional tickle.

GT6 feels similar to bringing home a new puppy, and the neighbours are complaining because they prefer cats.

1. How does the auto union v16 feels like under the new engine? And is it nurburgring only like in gt4?

2. Are advantaged GT5 cars like 2j and gsxr advantaged in gt6?

3.What type of license tests and coffee breaks are there? I mean like slalom test, follow the pace car, knock the cone test, etc.

Have we figured out whether the new front aero components also add front aero points and how much? Do the rear wings add different levels of aero or just the standard 20?

So your explanation is that a GT500 car isn't actually a real GT500 car, but it is somehow still a real NSX or whatever else is in it's name?

And all this in a game that purports to accurately simulate the cars? They've decided to go way out into left field and model a race prepped NSX instead of an actual GT500 model, and then call it a GT500?

Why would they even do that? You know, other than to prop up your poorly conceived and otherwise illogical theory.

They're nice like that, they do it for me all the time. I had a theory about how all the tyres weren't actually tyres even though they're called tyres, look like tyres and quack like tyres. My theory is that they are actually a highly accurate simulation of a three part blend of marshmallow, bitumen and pig snot. PD had been working on a real tyre simulation, but they kindly changed to researching my marshmallow/bitumen/pig snot tyres just so that my theory could be right.

Not all the "Base Models" are GT500's! That is what I was saying! Not every car is modded as a GT500!

I never mentioned anything about the GT300 cars (or any of the cars individually), only that the RM cars have been REPLACED by the pre-modified cars!!! Learn to f:censored:g read!

Updated OP. Sorry guys but I've been incredibly busy with real life and I only played that GTR mission race in the past 48 hours. I really want to play. However I'll answer/post these things by tonight:

1) Arcade AI set to 10 and professional difficulty video
2) Cockpit view gameplay
3) maximum Spa night time
4) Whether or not bodykits inrease PP
5) Whether or not I can save free run's replay
6) Whether or not I can delete individual times from TT leaderboards

EDIT
Question: What are the stars exactly?

Question 2: How many Career Races are there approx? (GT5 Had around 100 for A-Spec)
I'll tell you if I finish career. Star system is just like angry birds. I haven't missed any so far, all you have to do is win/gold.

Last edited:
Have we figured out whether the new front aero components also add front aero points and how much? Do the rear wings add different levels of aero or just the standard 20?

There's a video on YouTube showing a fully tuned Aventador with 50/120 downforce. I'm on my phone, so I can't post it right now.

50/120??:dopey:

I'd say that qualifies as aero!!👍👍

I have a feeling that 50 downforce in GT6 may not be the same value as it was in GT5. I want to hear about some of the other race cars and see if they have huge aero numbers too; A GT500 car might have 400/650 or something.

EDIT: @Johnnypenso skip to 0:50

Last edited:
(Re: Gillet Vertigo) According to the full dealership video ... yes, it does. (897hp w/o oil change)

*Sigh* It competed in the FIA GT in the mid-2000's, competing in the G2 Class for nationally homologated cars such as the Mosler MT900R. It went at roughly the same pace as the GT2's of the time, it clearly didn't have 900HP. :(

Last edited:
Not all the "Base Models" are GT500's! That is what I was saying! Not every car is modded as a GT500!

I never mentioned anything about the GT300 cars (or any of the cars individually), only that the RM cars have been REPLACED by the pre-modified cars!!! Learn to f:censored:g read!

Ah, so you put a label on a group of cars that at best applied only to some of them, a minority even, and now you're annoyed that I'm pointing that out? Cool.

**** me that was frustrating. My left wrist is sprained but I decided to use the wheel anyway. 8 attempts at Spa. Half them were my fault not the AI's. My last 2 attempts were frustrated and in my last one I cheated sort of. Do I upload all 8 attempts so you guys could get a full picture of how the AI behaves or a compilation or what?

**** me that was frustrating. My left wrist is sprained but I decided to use the wheel anyway. 8 attempts at Spa. Half them were my fault not the AI's. My last 2 attempts were frustrated and in my last one I cheated sort of. Do I upload all 8 attempts so you guys could get a full picture of how the AI behaves or a compilation or what?
Upload all 8 please.

Back