GT6 Review Thread

Butthurt? no, yourself?
You seem to be upset over someone's opinion about a game.
A sub-par review is a sub par review.
Beacuse you simply disagree with him? I would for instance never call EG's review subpar. I just can't follow their train of thought, which I honestly find rather strange and somewhat amusing.
I have the same one posted twice and both times and both times it was like "He goes to the track, he must know what he is talking about".
He knows his stuff well and I assure you that he doesn't talk out of his arse. The fact that he does track days in his white piggie were a mere FYI note.
Like you said, if they gave GT5 a 7, this would be a 7.1 at the worst.
I honestly don't think anyone should read into these numbers way too much. At the end of the day, it's all subjective opinion and only serves a purpose for Metacritic-whoring. They're questionable but that's about it.

Some reviewers will find it dissapointing and mediocre while others think it's the best thing since sliced bread. And if you happen to belong to the latter group, the more power to you I say.

Oh, wait...
Is there a known price tag for a 8/10 review?

Last edited:
Like you said, if they gave GT5 a 7, this would be a 7.1 at the worst.
Again giving GT5-6 a 9/10 is too much but a 5 is too low.
You also have to take into account that if a reviewer summed up all the flaws 3 years ago, and sees they are all still there 3 years later in what is basically the same game bar some minor improvements; they will always score it lower (look at the WRC game reviews for example).

5/10 is also a bit harsh to me, but i can understand that some people will rate it that low (depending on their level of disappointment).

Both ways and cross sides too. LOL
You know the phrase: "Easy come, easy go"!?
If cars are given too easy, we won't appreciate them too much for too long.
I found that out in Forza 3, when someone gifted me a bunch of cars and millions of credits, and then the game became boring, at least, that's how I felt, since I then stopped racing and just made liveries.
PD, get that livery editor in place ASAP! Pleeeeeeeease!:banghead:

I do agree, there's a fine balance to be had between just flinging cars at the player and thus removing all value from them, and making them frustratingly difficult to own and removing the opportunity to experience the wide range of cars that is GT6's greatest strength.

I think with 1200 cars in game, I'd err on the side of giving cars too easily if anything. But mostly I think I was making the point that it's possible for it to be too hard as well as too easy, it's not as simple as "harder is better" like the poster I was originally replying to seemed to think.

I don't think that ultimately keeping cars away from people is a good way of extending the gameplay in a game like GT. It's a very blunt method, and gamers today are smart enough to see it for what it is. Making the racing fun and engaging is a far better way.

LOL wut?

Anyway, Pros:
- Added cars are great
- New system is pretty nice
- You now have to get the A licence to play online
- Goodwood challenge
- THE FRICKING MOON.
- No more loading

Cons:
- Still jaggies everywhere
- Still 50 million Skylines
- Duplicates of updated standards
- Takes a while to start a race after pressing the start button (unless you wait in the menu for a few secs.)
- Still no E30 M3

I could think of more, but I just woke up.

He knows his stuff well and I assure you that he doesn't talk out of his arse. The fact that he does track days in his white piggie were a mere FYI note.
GamesReactor
But... somewhere along the way, in the midst of all those marketing tricks designed to fraudulently and all these talks about how it behaves a true racing car, the game has been forgotten.

GamesReactor
Even if I turn off all aid in Gran Turismo 6 and under the function of "0" traction control, it can be almost impossible to turn from a stop with a Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 662 horsepower, which obviously is as realistic as an episode of the Power Rangers. Polyphony also fails in dynamics and grip, that therefore the excitement of all races that contains this game loads. The vital rule of racing, not forcing the wheels to do two things at the same time, does not apply here, except when my Honda Jazz slips straight down the track regardless of how much to turn the steering wheel. In the real world, moving the Centre of gravity very suddenly in a Nissan GT - R GT3 may end in the loss of grip in the front or rear axle. In this game, never seems dangerous or risky to pull the cars as if they were bowling, being almost impossible to lose traction completely.

GamesReactor
Polyphony, for the sixth time, goes completely from this topic and on the other hand tries to balance how believe it is to sit behind the wheel of a racing car with a dry weight of 1,200 kg and more than 600 horses under the hood. The result is as you said a driving experience bland and barren that little reminds me really what feels running within the racing car on a circuit in real life.My Nissan GT - R (R35) is of course included in the game, and much that can capture the look inside and outside with obsessive detail, the feeling when driving it has nothing to do.

The author:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...gamereactor.es/analisis/79324/Gran+Turismo+6/

How anyone can defend this non sense is beyond me. :lol:

How anyone can defend this non sense is beyond me. :lol:
Looking at what nonsense Kaz and his team is bringing and has brought us to the table, your lol-ing should be the other way around.

Kazunori Yamauchi; a ''visionary'', a ''perfectionist'', a race driver, a game developer but most importantly the creator of Gran Turismo; ''The real driving simulator'', yet few things about his latest games are as marketed or up to an acceptable standard. 15 years in the business and how people still defend his and the team's nonsense is beyond me.

But knowing you're among one his and the series' most loyal fans and also judging by the FM vs GT threads (hilarious read by the way, which I thank you for), I don't expect you to do otherwise.

Edit : As for the quotes and the videos; for one he isn't talknig about not being able to do certain things at all, and secondly; he talks purely about the sense of actually sitting behind a race car; an experience that he finds bland and barren in GT6 - not that he has ever driven one.

Last edited:
Looking at what nonsense Kaz and his team is bringing and has brought us to the table, your lol-ing should be the other way around.

Kazunori Yamauchi; a ''visionary'', a ''perfectionist'', a race driver, a game developer but most importantly the creator of Gran Turismo; ''The real driving simulator'', yet few things about his latest games are as marketed or up to an acceptable standard. 15 years in the business and how people still defend his and the team's nonsense is beyond me.

But knowing you're among one his and the series' most loyal fans and also judging by the FM vs GT threads (hilarious read by the way, which I thank you for), I don't expect you to do otherwise.

Edit : As for the quotes and the videos; for one he isn't talknig about not being able to do certain things at all, and secondly; he talks purely about the sense of actually sitting behind a race car; an experience that he finds bland and barren in GT6 - not that he has ever driven one.
And still...

And that is because the quote of "He knows his stuff well and I assure you that he doesn't talk out of his arse" makes less sense. The whole review is an smart-ass and ego-driven of its "experience" real or virtual towards every aspect of the series and I doubt that he even touched GT5 more than this GT6 or he should know that some of its physic-claims would be possible even in the previous game! backing his references with its real life experience is even comical when you see his totally amateurish experience in the video.

Let me understand, you were one of those overly negative posters in the GT6 section that hated Polyphony/Kaz and had no hope in GT6? ;)

Where did this entitlement come from? The game is on 7 year old hardware, and people came in expecting 1200 premium cars and a free pony or whatever.

The racing game community truly act spoilt, wether it be f5 for 'not enough content' or GT6 for being GT pretty much.

Poor show.

Where did this entitlement come from? The game is on 7 year old hardware, and people came in expecting 1200 premium cars and a free pony or whatever.

The racing game community truly act spoilt, wether it be f5 for 'not enough content' or GT6 for being GT pretty much.

Poor show.
These posts are getting rediculous, where did anyone claim to expect 1200 free cars and a free pony? How about you stop ignoring the problems with GT that we are discussing? Just tell us how great the cars sound, how super fast the AI is and how you enjoy super boring grinding in A-spec.

I never claimed to wan't 1200 cars. PD told us there would be 1200 cars in the game.

And still...

And that is because the quote of "He knows his stuff well and I assure you that he doesn't talk out of his arse" makes less sense. The whole review is an smart-ass and ego-driven of its "experience" real or virtual towards every aspect of the series and I doubt that he even touched GT5 more than this GT6 or he should know that some of its physic-claims would be possible even in the previous game!
I really don't understand why some of you take the low scoring reviews so personally. Anyhow, I maintain my statement. Having read his reviews of the last couple of years at GR, he's reliable guy, even when I at times disagree with him.

backing his references with its real life experience is even comical when you see his totally amateurish experience in the video.
Whether it's amatuerish (I assume you're vastly better and more experienced yourself, right?) or not, at least he has some sort of real-life experience unlike a good number of reviewers out there. But I guess ''I am a lifetime GT fan'' is far more trustworthy than someone actually comparing real-life expereince with what's in the game.

With that said, I don't doubt for a second that a lot of people, regardless of their expereince, find the game realistic and believable enough while others find it being mediocre or just simply okay. Frankly, you too should come to terms with this fact.

''Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.''

Let me understand, you were one of those overly negative posters in the GT6 section that hated Polyphony/Kaz and had no hope in GT6? ;)
I actually had hope for the game - at one point. Unfortunately, much of it got killed by the news, announcements and interviews with Kaz leading up to the release of the game. Also, I hate neither Kaz or PD. I'm just baffled by their last two games when the talent is clearly there. These guys can oviously do so much better than this.

These posts are getting rediculous, where did anyone claim to expect 1200 free cars and a free pony? How about you stop ignoring the problems with GT that we are discussing? Just tell us how great the cars sound, how super fast the AI is and how you enjoy super boring grinding in A-spec.

I never claimed to wan't 1200 cars. PD told us there would be 1200 cars in the game.
Car sound: I really don't care. Honestly
AI: I have had a few fun experiences with the AI. Why would I want to explain 'how super fast' they are. The AI arent fantastic.
Gridning: I havent grinded once and I have driven 70 cars so far. Not got a clue what you are on about.

GT6 isn't perfect but isnt the sheer crap that some people are making out. You call 'these posts' ridiculous and dont notice how spoilt it sounds. Im not standing up for PD, I am purely saying that gamer entitlement is a major problem these days. Not everybody has the same wants from a game. to be honest - the biggest crime PD may have commited for me is the lack of Enduros and it almost stopped me buying the game. So stop with the 'PD Apologist' patter before checking who you are talking to. Every member is different. Regardless of how people with legit complaints want to view people with legit enjoyment as.

I stopped reading right there. You don't care so we are not alowed to critisize it. Got it.
At what point did I say that? and it really makes you look silly cause I said your complaints are legit at the very end. 👍

Come on guys, stop complaining and arguing with eachother. We are all entitled to our own opinion about any frikkin game, aren't we?
These forums are for discussing game content, not for arguing someone's opinion.
Play the game or .... don't!
It's the same Bowl of soup in the Forza forums. Games will never ever please everyone, nor disappoint everyone!
Stop expecting and be content with .... the content!
Keep in mind that to play any game Online, we must accept their Terms, therefore, we don't really own the Online portion of the game, we are simply being allowed to participate within, whether it's an amazing experience or a complete fiasco, and for the Offline content, we buy whatever content is contented (LOL) within that game package. The only warranty we get, is in the event that the game is defective in a Physical matter, not in a Playable Content matter.
If we can't play the game because it freezes, it's a Physical matter that can also be Console problem related, but if we can't play it because the content does not pleases our eyes or mind, then ...., our only option is to return that game and exchange it or come here and complain! ?
I haven't bought the game yet, but I know I will.
Lately, I've been wasting time with Forza 5, with the Livery/Vynils feature, cause that's what attracted me to Forza. Had I've know that the Design/Livery'Vynil & Car Auction was no longer available (as it was in previous Forza's), I wouldn't've spent all that money on a console and game.
Still lots of bugs in the game that need fixing and plenty of complaints.
The fact remains: Even though it's a bug filled game, it's still playable, just like GT6 is.(from what I read).
Perhaps I might sell console & game in the near future, but till then, I will do what I will also be doing with GT6 (planning to), and that is: Play the game! Whatever content there is, good or bad!
When we buy any game, we are paying for whatever content there is, including the bugs/glitches etc..., then we just hope that their respective developers, will fix any or all of those bugs/glitches etc.., but we must understand: It takes time and money to develop, and nothing on this planet is or will ever be developed to perfection, ever!
So, have a glass of water, then take a deep breath and ..... play the game! Or return it for exchange for something else that might fulfill your ... content meter!
No one is forced to buy a game. We all have the option to even rent it first, then we can decide whether to buy it or not. Time wasted arguing/complaining comments, is time wasted from: Playing the game!
Log off now and go: Play the game!
Happy gaming! :banghead: :mad: :scared::nervous: 🤬 :sly: (whatever mood you're in).

Last edited:
You call 'these posts' ridiculous and dont notice how spoilt it sounds. Im not standing up for PD, I am purely saying that gamer entitlement is a major problem these days.
The problem being that you're making up that entitlement to prove a point that doesn't exist, which is why it was ridiculous. No one. Not one person, expected 1200 Premium cars. Period. Even the people who repeatedly (and I was starting to assume purposely) misinterpreted "No functional differences" as if that meant "everything is F40 quality" had that view corrected dozens of times. As far as examples go to prove your point, that's damn near the worst one you could have used. And it's still not "entitlement" to come into the game where oh so much ado was made about from the developers about how much feedback they took in, and how many changes they made to make everyone happy; and then play the game for a day and not actually see particularly many things really improved. Oh, the interface is certainly better (or at least faster, since it's now regressed in terms of when you want to do detailed functionality), and there's a lot more to do in the game.

But the experience itself is largely built off of a game that needed a major rethink to rid it of the arbitrary changes it made to a formula that had been working for 4 games prior, with some cursory additions added on to distract you from the fact that they didn't fix it's problems. Very impressive additions to be sure (even though most of them aren't actually included yet), but I'm not going to six months from now and say "Man, those procedurally generated atmospheric conditions are a big step up" or "Wow, that K&W 7-post suspension model is really awesome." I'm even less likely to go "Wow, this game looks really impressive" even with all the things PD have done to make it prettier than GT5, because by that point I'll know it won't look really impressive anymore. But, since I refuse to fall into the "they'll fix everything so long as we give them time" trap a second time, and many of the issues are so fundamental in their making I can't imagine they would change when for whatever reason they purposely did them that way, I'm not seeing how this game is supposed to hold my interest any more than a month or two after the track editor is released; whenever that will be.

Last edited:
The problem being that you're making up that entitlement to prove a point that doesn't exist, which is why it was ridiculous. No one. Not one person, expected 1200 Premium cars. Period. Even the people who repeatedly (and I was starting to assume purposely) misinterpreted "No functional differences" as if that meant "everything is F40 quality" had that view corrected dozens of times. As far as examples go to prove your point, that's damn near the worst one you could have used. And it's still not "entitlement" to come into the game where oh so much ado was made about from the developers about how much feedback they took in, and how many changes they made to make everyone happy; and then play the game for a day and not actually see particularly many things really improved. Oh, the interface is certainly better (or at least faster, since it's now regressed in terms of when you want to do detailed functionality), and there's a lot more to do in the game.

But the experience itself is largely built off of a game that needed a major rethink to rid it of the arbitrary changes it made to a formula that had been working for 4 games prior, with some cursory additions added on to distract you from the fact that they didn't fix it's problems. Very impressive additions to be sure (even though most of them aren't actually included yet), but I'm not going to six months from now and say "Man, those procedurally generated atmospheric conditions are a big step up" or "Wow, that K&W 7-post suspension model is really awesome." I'm even less likely to go "Wow, this game looks really impressive" even with all the things PD have done to make it prettier than GT5, because by that point I'll know it won't look really impressive anymore. But, since I refuse to fall into the "they'll fix everything so long as we give them time" trap a second time, and many of the issues are so fundamental in their making I can't imagine they would change when for whatever reason they purposely did them that way, I'm not seeing how this game is supposed to hold my interest any more than a month or two after the track editor is released; whenever that will be.
A well rounded post, I can see where your qualls are. We can only hope we get another 'GT3' but i just dont see it getting to that phase.

eEU5mW9.jpg

1k8ft9h.jpg

Almost 48 reviews left until we get a final verdict about what GT6 means for most of reviewers :D

It's clear that a 50 or 60 isn't a fair score, but the world is full of morons, right?

Great, this seems the trend in many reviews:

THE GOOD: "The best driving physics on consoles"

There is nothing more that I need to know. :D
The biggest plus point of GT6 indeed. Hope it's still as good as the GTA demo tough as i heard people saying it feels numbed down a bit.

Back