GT6 Review Thread

None of IGN's reviews I've read so far mention anything about the Vision GT Project, though they complain about an outdated car roster.

Fair point I guess but on the flip side - they are concept cars that aren't going to reach mass production, I'd say they are merely "snapshots" of concept vehicles from the era that we live in now. Up to date, maybe, yes - but one off''s nonetheless. To be honest they are just another 20 or so concepts, not everyday "halo" cars that people might aspire to own e.g. Ferrari 458, McLaren MP4, Huayra *insert generic supercar*.

Then again I just want a premium Mk4 Supra and an E30 M3 in the game.

Physics ? Yes Car and tracks ? well, they have less of them but they are all done with next-gen. That included laser scan track. All done from the ground up. That kinda explain the lower number of them. Is there feature missing ? Sure is and you can read all about it on the Forza section.

Its not that we don't have our complaint about Forza. There is plenty of critique to be had but as far as gameplay is concern, the physic is really a huge improvement. You can really feel the difference between cars.

Well, if that's how you put it, it doesn't seem like Forza 5 is that much groundbreaking in comparison to Forza 4 (imo), but if it is to you then all I can do is respect your opinion. I can say the same thing that GT6 has improved physics as well and that differences can be felt between cars or that the tracks are accurate to a single cm, but I see much more than that in the game so I'm buying for that reason.

I think Drivatar is groundbreaking though.

I know about Forza 5 btw because I actually own it lol. I just don't know about Forza 4. FM5 is the first of the series for me. To be honest, the tracks don't look that great for next gen and laser scanning doesn't do anything if the tracks aren't any more accurate than GT. There are still 2D trees and crowds on the side. I blame it on it being a launch title, and I hope GT doesn't come close to it, and look more like Driveclub, which the latest videos show that it's absolutely gorgeous. Glad that game is delayed.

I think Drivatar is groundbreaking though.

I know about Forza 5 btw because I actually own it lol. I just don't know about Forza 4. FM5 is the first of the series for me. To be honest, the tracks don't look that great for next gen and laser scanning doesn't do anything if the tracks aren't any more accurate than GT. There are still 2D trees and crowds on the side. I blame it on it being a launch title, and I hope GT doesn't come close to it, and look more like Driveclub, which the latest videos show that it's absolutely gorgeous. Glad that game is delayed.

Drivatar is a game changer for sure. Have you seen real life vs forza 5 video ? Even the tree line is very similar. Its amazing. Even Laguna Seca on Forza 5 looks better than the real thing. No one has ever played Driveclub so no one knows. I will give it a try. I a car guy after all.

My biggest complaint with Xbox and Forza 5 is wheel support. GT series was always compatible with more products. I will not play GT6 as I sold my Ps3 to get the PS4. So hopefully, Driveclub supports fanatec wheels

Am I the only one that is totally disappointed and annoyed at gt6? All of the standard cars are still standard, you save up for a ford gt and accidentally buy the standard one next to it, ridiculous. it doesnt even tell you which is premium or standard. i have been an avid fan of gran turismo for the whole 15 years and I don't know why they are evolving so slowly. It just feels like there is less to this game than gt5, less options, less buttons, less everything. you can't even look at your friends profiles, you don't even have a display picture this time, going backwards? free roam? no standard cars? They should have waited until ps4, still racing the same track with the same marks on the road passing the same premium bmw M3 E92 and being overtaken by the same standard bmw M3 CSL. What have they been doing since 2010?

Well, bought the game today...i really like the new handling/tire system. The car is very driveable even with normal tires!
Besides that, sometimes I've had the feeling that I was playing GT5 :P

Let's hope for some bigger changes...

"let's hope for some bigger changes" -sigh. the interface and menus feel so under-refined, the cars available and new are so poor, the new range of bmw's and mercedes' are nowhere to be seen, standard cars need to get out of here

OP of the NeoGAF thread and huge fan of Gran Turismo here.

I have played the all of the first five Gran Turismo games here and I am looking forward to picking up GT6 once my college semester ends next Friday. I have posted thirty-one scored reviews (which according to my math, totals to 80.4%) and three non-scored reviews on my NeoGAF site. I haven't had time to give my thoughts on these reviews (as I have not been able to read them), but I will do so when the time allows for it.

OP of the NeoGAF thread and huge fan of Gran Turismo here.

I have played the all of the first five Gran Turismo games here and I am looking forward to picking up GT6 once my college semester ends next Friday. I have posted thirty-one scored reviews (which according to my math, totals to 80.4%) and three non-scored reviews on my NeoGAF site. I haven't had time to give my thoughts on these reviews (as I have not been able to read them), but I will do so when the time allows for it.

I wouldn't advertise as being a NeoGAF. It rarely the best place for an unbiased opinion.

I wouldn't advertise as being a NeoGAF. It rarely the best place for an unbiased opinion.
I mentioned it mainly because I had made the GAF thread posted earlier on this thread and wanted to make sure that people knew that it was me. Not that being on NeoGAF makes me superior by any means (it doesn't).

been playing for a bit. off and on while cleaning my room.
it's solid. real solid. however, when you looks closely, you can really see some of the downfalls.
Some of the textures, lighting, shadow are straight up jagged messes. however, those aspects are messing with my immersion. i see the cars going, lights, track whatever. those do not have my complete attention. not a game breaker, but i can see where the negativity is coming from.

what is catching my attention are my hands on the wheel and my right toe.

driving the 15th anni focus is an example of this. all assists off, on my g35. It feels as is the ffb and the game are giving more of an idea on what the defined performance limits are. i just feel like the controller and the game are giving me much more info and thus letting my brain know how much i can really push the car in the corners and such. i could feel such sensations in gt5, however with 6 i'm getting much more of an idea regarding control.
the reviews are really falling into line to what i thought they would be. the curse with these games is that you really are missing out if you don't have a wheel that will give you the force feed back.

here's hoping they refine the engine more and really work on the wow/shiny/pizaz factor for the next one on ps4.
here's to a great few months on the tracks.

Am I the only one that is totally disappointed and annoyed at gt6? All of the standard cars are still standard, you save up for a ford gt and accidentally buy the standard one next to it, ridiculous. it doesnt even tell you which is premium or standard. i have been an avid fan of gran turismo for the whole 15 years and I don't know why they are evolving so slowly. It just feels like there is less to this game than gt5, less options, less buttons, less everything. you can't even look at your friends profiles, you don't even have a display picture this time, going backwards? free roam? no standard cars? They should have waited until ps4, still racing the same track with the same marks on the road passing the same premium bmw M3 E92 and being overtaken by the same standard bmw M3 CSL. What have they been doing since 2010?
You expected to see more than 900 standars become in premium?

Now, what you have to do for not buying standard cars instead of premiums, is looking the windshield of the car, and if it is dark, then that car is standard. If you are not sure, you can go into it and see that that car doesn't have "gallery view".

I highly suspect that these reviewers are aknowledged the upcoming feature through update.

Unlike GT5 where they're still ignorant like must enter the code to play online, etc.

After the disappointment (for me) that was GT5, I am quite pleased with GT6 so far. My two biggest GT5 pet peeves were the physics that reminded nothing of my experiences on real race tracks, and the lack of good, loud tire sounds which are key in exploring the boundaries of a real car. These two things have been massively improved for GT6. I'm loving it so far. Yes, I'd like a livery editor, and there will be other irritants, but definitely an improvement. Worth the money and time.

I don't get the "Outdated car" criticism.......GT has always featured a variety of cars from different era's. I get the sense the real criticism of gt games are that they are not accessible to the Average gamer like Forza or NFS.

This is the gamereactor review; it's one of the most negative around so out of curiosity i went and read it.
The guy actually knows his cars and physics and i have to say i agree even more with him than with IGN's review (which was already pretty negative):

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/101974/Gran Turismo 6: One Game, Two Verdicts/?sid=51c1492de3c81e9c25547b9a8fdecc4d

For pessimists and fanboys alike it makes for an interesting (and funny) read. :cheers:

I stopped reading the game reactor idiotic review when he complained about having to press buttons to navigate the menu. Then he also talks about not being able to spin out a 447 HP car when I can spin out my 205 HP RX-7. Lastly what version was he playing? I got only 1 car choice at the beginning of the game....He got 3?

I've been a loyal fan of the GT series. Absolutely loved GT5. With the talk of the new features, my expectations were set pretty high but I was always skeptical of how amazing the game would be on the PS3.

5 hours of gameplay and here is what I have to say so far.

-Opening movie: love it as always.
-Graphics: disappointed. I still see jagged edges and choppiness. Objects load in when you're driving at times. (maybe I'm spoiled after playing Forza 5 for a few weeks)
-Gameplay: It feels like the previous GT series. Car handing is a bit more refined and takes maybe 30 minutes to get used to.
-UI: The new UI is fast and beautiful. Atleast when you're browsing the dashboard. Shortcuts and well placed buttons for different options.
-Loading times: Some tracks froze up for me and loaded atleast 3-4 minutes later. Average loading time was about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
-Rating out of 10: 6.5 (so far)

Finally played the game last night... AI is still rubbish around the corners and the sounds.... Same old same old

Was so dissapointed when I heard what the new pagani sounded like. An insult to the car and it's maker.

Played this through to 12% today, my PS3 is set to 1080p & my newish LG TV is 55".

- intro is incredible
- menu music is incredible, so glad I have $900 headphones.
- the home menu loading times into & out of different areas are GONE. GT5 was frustratingly slow on this front.
- the load times everywhere are incredible, they've made it feel like no wait at all.
- the menu structure is way better than any previous GT game.
- a glance at the standard cars and they look improved.
- GT5 mods were crap, more wheels are back in & you can actually chose 1 or 2" larger diameter wheels.
- the graphics are an improvement over GT5 but they still aren't perfect, which is pretty good considering its on the same console. still a bit inconsistent compared to other racing games.
- cars in general look less reflective/glossy/shiny. Both in the menus and on the track. During night racing all cars look like they have near matt paint.
- the starry night sky during night racing is way over done, to the point where some stars are giant spots & some are even coloured pink. I've never seen this in real life.
- The sound effects are slightly improved but as soon as I do an engine tune mod to my RX7 the exhaust sound becomes too vaccuum cleaner like.
- Alot of the race music has grungy sounding mids that clash with the engine note and it sometimes sounds like a big mess of noise, I could probably remove those songs though.
- The level system is completely gone! yes!!
- The career structure is the best of any GT game so far, you can unlock more sooner and go back to the light weight events once you've had a taste of the faster races.
- Rally still sucks like it has since GT4 in terms of handling and tracks.
- so many tracks to choose from but no way to favorite the ones i like.
- its missing a lot of brand new cars like the R35 nismo GTR and the la ferarri.
- I can drift just the same as GT5 and the tyre sounds actually sound gritty and real.

This game is incredible. So far it's one of the best video games ive ever played. It's a traditional GT game and its improved in all the ways I wanted. You guys fussing over the graphics when its on the same platform as the previous game, expecting it to be perfect, what a joke. If I built an affordable gaming PC 7 years ago and it ran this game like it does today I'd be ****ing happy about it.

Last edited:
This is the gamereactor review; it's one of the most negative around so out of curiosity i went and read it.
The guy actually knows his cars and physics and i have to say i agree even more with him than with IGN's review (which was already pretty negative):

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/101974/Gran Turismo 6: One Game, Two Verdicts/?sid=51c1492de3c81e9c25547b9a8fdecc4d

For pessimists and fanboys alike it makes for an interesting (and funny) read. :cheers:
The first review is basically a translation of the swedish Gamereactor article I mentioned earlier. Petter Hegevall (GR Sweden) is my go-to reviewer when it comes to racing games. He knows his stuff very well and definitely among one of the most trustworthy game reviewers as far as I'm concerned. He gave GT5 a 7 out of 10 at the time, but he's clearly no longer able to put up with PD's mediocrity - hence the low score.

I stopped reading the game reactor idiotic review when he complained about having to press buttons to navigate the menu. Then he also talks about not being able to spin out a 447 HP car when I can spin out my 205 HP RX-7. Lastly what version was he playing? I got only 1 car choice at the beginning of the game....He got 3?
I think it's a valid complaint. Although the UI got a much welcomed improvement, there's still way too much button pressing that has to be made in order to get you from ''A to B''. It should be a much more seamless, for a lack of a better word.

game is pure garbage.you dont even win a free car at the end of the segment. apparently PDI has taken a page from EA sports in thinking people will buy credits to in turn get more cars. you will be here forever trying to grind to get any decent high end cars. what a joke, havent been this disappointed with a game in a long time. i will be returning this garbage in the morning

The first review is basically a translation of the swedish Gamereactor article I mentioned earlier. Petter Hegevall (GR Sweden) is my go-to reviewer when it comes to racing games. He knows his stuff very well and definitely among one of the most trustworthy game reviewers as far as I'm concerned. He gave GT5 a 7 out of 10 at the time, but he's clearly no longer able to put up with PD's mediocrity - hence the low score.
I'll be checking in more on gamereactor also from now on because of this; if you see sites like eurogamer and polygon give GT6 a 9 (check out the comments below the eurogamer review by the way), they really can't be credible anymore seeing that they just look over all the huge flaws and last generation assets, and give a half **sed game a great score like that... :eek:

That's gonna trick a lot of people into buying it, and if they are not GT fanboys already i find it hard to believe they won't end up being disappointed if they were looking for a good racing game.

The auction house destroy the game economy in Forza 4. Maybe it will come back in form of oatch soon but it has to work differently.
It was the Credits Hackers that destroyed the game, not the Auction House.
I know that Turn 10 mentioned the game's economy, but really, a game with an Economy?
As long as games have Glitches/Exploits, there will always be players who will take advantage of it, because there are way too many players who have no self pride and or patience as to acheive everything in a clean/legal/allowed manner, and the game developers are as much to blame as those exploiters/glitchers. It's unfortunate that many of us "clean" players get also punished, from accepting (often unknowingly) the fruits of those exploits from the exploitees!
I hope that all exploitees of the world will soon explode, then they will be: Explodees! LOL
Play Clean! (shower included).

Play Clean! (shower included).
You should have told me that yesterday!

truestory1.jpg

Honestly what did you all expect? lol
That's the thing, we all always expect something. (all expecteurs, please read my post reply up there ^^ )
What I expect is an amazing GT7 (for PS4), with 1000+ cars and 69 Tracks, and design/livery/vynils/auction option! It rhymes. LOL
And I expect that, not later than Dec/06/2014! Capisc? LOL
It's nice to daydream, isn't it?

@ Polyphony: Please get more people to contribute in developing the next game by such date. I'm upsolutely positively sure, that there are thousands of intelligent and very capable developers wannabe, who will gladly work on it for free!
Just to get their developing skills exposed. Just make sure they don't expose anything else.
Trust me on this one! Please. :bowdown:

I don't get the "Outdated car" criticism.
A large portion of the car list are Japanese cars from between 1990 and 2000. In fact, they are by and large the same cars that GT2 had, but now there is less variety and more duplicates. That is the only era/region that gets any sort of meaningful variety. And those cars are increasingly irrelevant; neither important enough to be called classics in most cases even if they were old enough, nor new enough to draw a direct connection to the increasingly divergent path modern cars are taking. And the longer PD holds on to mid 90's used Imprezas rather than covering cars from other areas of similar vintage (nevermind cars from other decades) or new cars, the more dated the car list will be.

Not really. Have you seen the Laguna Seca comparisons? It's really improved.
Laguna Seca was one of the worst tracks in GT5. So it's good they at least did something to it.

Monaco was the worst. And it is untouched.

Last edited:
game is pure garbage.you dont even win a free car at the end of the segment. apparently PDI has taken a page from EA sports in thinking people will buy credits to in turn get more cars. you will be here forever trying to grind to get any decent high end cars. what a joke, havent been this disappointed with a game in a long time. i will be returning this garbage in the morning
"Pure garbage"? Because you can't have a garage full of cars after a few hours of play? You do understand the concept of video "games", right? Or are you one more F*rza troller who came in here to generalize?

Back