GT6 Review Thread

game is pure garbage.you dont even win a free car at the end of the segment. apparently PDI has taken a page from EA sports in thinking people will buy credits to in turn get more cars. you will be here forever trying to grind to get any decent high end cars. what a joke, havent been this disappointed with a game in a long time. i will be returning this garbage in the morning
Why wait till morning? You migt scratch the disk by then, and then it's garbage for sure.
BTW: You know you can not return Open Box games? You may exchange only for the same title, if defective.

You want free cars: You can use this "free cars exploit": click here

That's the problem with little spoiled brats :banghead: , they all want free stuff and cheats, right from the start of any game!
Go play with Lego. :nervous:

Imma go buy this garbage tomorrow. :drool:

"Pure garbage"? Because you can't have a garage full of cars after a few hours of play? You do understand the concept of video "games", right? Or are you one more F*rza troller who came in here to generalize?
If you try to counter people's criticism by calling them a Forza troll, your post looses a lot of credibility; most of us hate MS policies just as much as PD's incompetence.

That's the problem with little spoiled brats :banghead: , they all want free stuff and cheats, right from the start of any game!
Same for these "If you don't like it, go play with something else" comments :rolleyes:

If you try to counter people's criticism by calling them a Forza troll, your post looses a lot of credibility; most of us hate MS policies just as much as PD's incompetence.

The microsoft funding Bill was passed. The system goes on-line December 8th, 2013. Turn 10 are removing strategic content. Drivatar begins to troll at a geometric rate. Mister Dog becomes self-aware at 12:33 a.m. Eastern time, December 8th. In a panic, he tries to play himself.

The microsoft funding Bill was passed. The system goes on-line December 8th, 2013. Turn 10 are removing strategic content. Drivatar begins to troll at a geometric rate. Mister Dog becomes self-aware at 12:33 a.m. Eastern time, December 8th. In a panic, he tries to play himself.
Wrong! I'm already playing with myself, and when i become self-aware you'll be the first GT fanboy i come after! :D

Now that I'm on my laptop...
None of IGN's reviews I've read so far mention anything about the Vision GT Project, though they complain about an outdated car roster.
Because the Vision GT Project adding a handful of made up cars here and there is publicity move (and a pretentious one at that, just like the Red Bull X1 was) that has no relation to the bulk of the car list being made up of the same cars that were in GT2.

Reviewers rushed the review, they didn't even complete the game, i just say the videogamer review, he played for 11hrs and thinks he has enough information to review a Gran Turismo game? these people need to play it for 20-40hrs in order to make a worthwhile review.

This is a joke, right?

I'm pretty sure your being sarcastic but pretty much that's the way it is.

This is a joke, right?

I hope so, because I'm laughing.

But you are going to sit there and honestly tell me you think PD didn't think GT5 was good when it launched? Who are you trying to kid? Me? Or you?
With the amount of apologizing Kaz did pretty much immediately after GT5 released over how much basic functionality wasn't there (like... the fully customizable transmission not even working) and how much he said he wanted more time to develop it before Sony forced them to release it, no. I don't think PD thought GT5 was very good. So what is your point?

And one last thing:
I for one dont want to miss that "outdated, stale und not fully functional" gameplay design - its Gran Turismo, and a Gran Turismo has to have that gameplay design! I think they have made great improvements in the presentation of Race events (Goodwood Hillclimb for example) by keeping the same ideology of a Gran Turismo racing career!
I simply cannot understand how people can keep saying this and things like it (like the credit grind and game structure) to explain why it's apparently fine with issues not being fixed. Many of the problems with the game design in Gran Turismo 5 and (from what I've seen so far) Gran Turismo 6 were introduced in Gran Turismo 5.

Gran Turismo 5 was the game that made credits incredibly hard to come by.

Gran Turismo 5 was the game that wildly inflated how much most cars cost to buy.

Gran Turismo 5 was the game that changed how the prize car system worked (cutting off another avenue of easy credits), and made it so you couldn't even sell most of them.

Gran Turismo 5 was the game that stripped away most of the freedom in the early game in terms of how you want to start out (and GT6 has just made it even worse).

Gran Turismo 5 was the game that added so much garnish to an already shaky UI system that it became a chore to even progress through menus (before you even consider load times, which is why GT4's weren't nearly as bad).

Gran Turismo 5 was the game that turned the entire GT Mode into a strictly linear progression system instead of the percentage/licence-based ones in previous titles.

Gran Turismo 5 is where most of the gameplay problems (with the exception of AI, which was far better in GT5 than the atrocious brain-dead idiocy in GT4; albeit still not as competitive as in GT1-GT3) with the series started. Those issues, many of which were carried over without even any acknowledgement, are not inseparable foundations of the series when they weren't there from the start.

Last edited:

Same for these "If you don't like it, go play with something else" comments :rolleyes:
Calling something pure garbage makes you lose all credibility. :rolleyes: You may have a problem with something but that does not make it pure garbage.

save your money don't buy the game gt5 is much better
LOL wut?

Anyway, Pros:
- Added cars are great
- New system is pretty nice
- You now have to get the A licence to play online
- Goodwood challenge
- THE FRICKING MOON.
- No more loading

Cons:
- Still jaggies everywhere
- Still 50 million Skylines
- Duplicates of updated standards
- Takes a while to start a race after pressing the start button (unless you wait in the menu for a few secs.)
- Still no E30 M3

I could think of more, but I just woke up.

Well I am disappointed big time the graphics are awful they look circa 2003 games the game play is not all that.
I have spent about an hour or so on this gt6 and got to doing the National B Mission races London the 3rd one to be exact and I have just lost the will to carry on it is boring Maybe it's me who's out grown GT.
Good Luck to all who bear with it and carry on. Me I am just in the process of swapping this long awaited fail for Forza which I have had a sample of and it wipes the floor with GT in every department.
Sad but true.
Take care over and out.

This is a joke, right?

This is a joke, right?
I hope so, because I'm laughing.

Yes, I wrote it when i was thinking of you. I'm so happy that you laughed. I hope you had an LMAO moment. Because apparently other opinions are a joke. And what you write i'll take as gospel from now on.

Because apparently other opinions are a joke.

Opinions which say nothing more than "everything that agrees with me is obviously right, and everything that disagrees with me is obviously wrong" are a joke, yes. The only thing they make clear is that the person stating such has a politician-level confirmation bias.

But considering the majority of your posting is going into threads where people are discussing something to complain about complaining (even when no actual complaining was occurring in the first place), I'm not expecting you realize the root problem of using "that's true because I agree with it" as a rebuttal.

Last edited:
I think anyone who says that GT6 hasn't improved much over GT5 hasn't played GT5 recently. And they should. Just go back, play a couple races in GT5 then come back and play GT6. You will see that GT6 has improved quite considerably. I would also argue that it's very clear that PD has a list of issues in order of their importance. Getting the physics model fixed and making the UI a bit easier to navigate is more important than, say, the interiors of the standard cars. (Although, I actually doubt we'll see standard cockpits until probably GT7 or 8.) Really, what they did improve on, I am quite happy they did. I remember how evil comfort tires were in GT5. Now, cars handle like they should, no matter the tire. This is probably due to their partnership with Yokohoma. And the body roll is lovely, too thanks to K&W. (Someone's going to have to partner with Michellin some time. #1 Tire of racing would lots of great data.)

In short, so far, a really great game. I'm going to hold off on my official score for now, though.

Yeah. I pity the fools who want to have cars to drive in their racing games. What noobs. Everything should be locked away, and you should have to grind for it, like a real man. When I was a boy, we had to grind 25 hours a night, in the snow, uphill. BOTH WAYS.

GT6 is kickass. That's all there is to it. I feel sorry for all the people who are going like "GT6 SUCKS IT DOESN'T HAVE A V8 SUPERCAR OR BENTLEYS AND THE CARS ARE STILL STANDARD."

All I have to say to y'all is cry about it. GT6 is a HUGE step up from what GT5 was, the cars feel much more...alive. The cars drive like they should, and that's the ultimate point of making a driving simulator. If you don't wanna play GT6 cuz of one small little niggle, that's your problem. I'll have fun with it and I'll earn every dang car I can get.

This is the gamereactor review; it's one of the most negative around so out of curiosity i went and read it.
The guy actually knows his cars and physics and i have to say i agree even more with him than with IGN's review (which was already pretty negative):

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/101974/Gran Turismo 6: One Game, Two Verdicts/?sid=51c1492de3c81e9c25547b9a8fdecc4d

For pessimists and fanboys alike it makes for an interesting (and funny) read. :cheers:

First, I get the feeling he had SRF on as he thinks the drifting in GT6 uses different physics (EDIT: yes I know in drift mode it has a faster steering ratio).

And we have this gem:

Gran Turismo 6 does not contain a hint of the dynamics, event richness, unpredictability and, above all, speed that real racing does, and in that regard Polyphony is several steps behind Turn 10 who with Forza Motorsport 4, found quite the right balance between torque and peak power.

I don't think he know what half the words he said mean.

And, wow he has a R35, and he tracks it WOW. He must know what he is talking about...
/s
Really sound like he wasn't playing the same game.

Now for a cheap dig. Base on his name and his car, I think this is him.

A pro, heck even me, call tell you he really needs a driving instructor (the hand work was scary, braking was messy, line etc). If you look at his other video "5 year old drives Nissan GT-R" GET OFF THE REV LIMITER.

/cheap dig.

Sill must be fun.

Last edited:
Opinions which say nothing more than "everything that agrees with me is obviously right, and everything that disagrees with me is obviously wrong" are a joke, yes. The only thing they make clear is that the person stating such has a politician-level confirmation bias.

But considering the majority of your posting is going into threads where people are discussing something to complain about complaining (even when no actual complaining was occurring in the first place), I'm not expecting you realize the root problem of using "that's true because I agree with it" as a rebuttal.
People are not complaining about the scores but the reviews overall, when you review a game you're suppose to review ALL the features and not half of them, as i said before, 11hrs is not enough to review a GT game, I'm waiting for Gamespot's review since those guys don't rush it and take their time.

First, I get the feeling he had SRF on as he thinks the drifting in GT6 uses different physics.
I think the man would know what aids he has on and which ones not based on his experience with racing and racing games. He gives detailed descriptions about physics and then wouldn't realize he has SRF on? Think not.

And we have this gem:

Gran Turismo 6 does not contain a hint of the dynamics, event richness, unpredictability and, above all, speed that real racing does, and in that regard Polyphony is several steps behind Turn 10 who with Forza Motorsport 4, found quite the right balance between torque and peak power.
I agree with him that FM4 has a nice balance between torque and power, so what's so weird about that? Have you ever played FM4 with simulation steering and aids off by the way?

I don't think he know what half the words he said mean.
And, wow he has a R35, and he tracks it WOW. He must know what he is talking about...
Better than some of those reviewers that "are not really into cars" but review GT6 and give it a 9 no?

Now for a cheap dig. Base on his name and his car, I think this is him.

A pro, heck even me, call tell you he really needs a driving instructor (the hand work was scary, braking was messy, line etc). If you look at his other video "5 year old drives Nissan GT-R" GET OFF THE REV LIMITER.
/cheap dig.
Sill must be fun.

Reviewers are called Petter Hegevall and Thomas Blichfeldt, the guy in your video there is Den Vita Grisen? :confused: :odd:

Reviews are as expected. Due to standard cars and the long grinding process GT games take. Most gaming sites do not see the fun element there. Having said that with the amount of content and improvements 7/10 should be minimum. Great tracks, variable conditions. Better graphics and gameplay. GT6 is a great game

I think the man would know what aids he has on and which ones not based on his experience with racing and racing games. He gives detailed descriptions about physics and then wouldn't realize he has SRF on? Think not.
But his "details" are off to say the least. And just because he takes his car to a track day or plays racing video games, does not mean he can review a video game. He has good points but many of them are inaccurate.

I agree with him that FM4 has a nice balance between torque and power, so what's so weird about that? Have you ever played FM4 with simulation steering and aids off by the way?
OK, power (HP in this case) is (RPM * torque) / 5252, that "balance" is the same in any game. What are you (and I guess him) talking about?. And he said peak power so he must be talking about HP.

Better than some of those reviewers that "are not really into cars" but review GT6 and give it a 9 no?
Yes, a 9 is a bit much, but a 5 is a bit low. I think the game is a 7~8, but I'll give it an 7 because parts are still missing.

Reviewers are called Petter Hegevall and Thomas Blichfeldt, the guy in your video there is Den Vita Grisen? :confused: :odd:

The youtube uploader is Petter Hegevall, the who puts an "®" after their name? Google translate says:
The White Pig ® on Molanda
My bet is "White Pig" is the car (the car is white) Molanda is the track (as he says in the description).

Reviews are as expected. Due to standard cars and the long grinding process GT games take. Most gaming sites do not see the fun element there. Having said that with the amount of content and improvements 7/10 should be minimum. Great tracks, variable conditions. Better graphics and gameplay. GT6 is a great game
Bingo. This game isn't for Adam Sessler to love, it's for us. We won't love everything about it, but the key elements for actual driving are much improved. I could not care less if the trees don't look as graphically crisp on the replays or the helmets are too expensive, or whatever else some people are carping about.

Yeah. I pity the fools who want to have cars to drive in their racing games. What noobs. Everything should be locked away, and you should have to grind for it, like a real man. When I was a boy, we had to grind 25 hours a night, in the snow, uphill. BOTH WAYS.
Both ways and cross sides too. LOL
You know the phrase: "Easy come, easy go"!?
If cars are given too easy, we won't appreciate them too much for too long.
I found that out in Forza 3, when someone gifted me a bunch of cars and millions of credits, and then the game became boring, at least, that's how I felt, since I then stopped racing and just made liveries.
PD, get that livery editor in place ASAP! Pleeeeeeeease!:banghead:

Laguna Seca was one of the worst tracks in GT5. So it's good they at least did something to it.

Monaco was the worst. And it is untouched.
Agreed. I'm really happy Laguna Seca got a make over, but sad that Monaco remains the same untouched. :(

I'll be checking in more on gamereactor also from now on because of this; if you see sites like eurogamer and polygon give GT6 a 9 (check out the comments below the eurogamer review by the way), they really can't be credible anymore seeing that they just look over all the huge flaws and last generation assets, and give a half **sed game a great score like that... :eek:

That's gonna trick a lot of people into buying it, and if they are not GT fanboys already i find it hard to believe they won't end up being disappointed if they were looking for a good racing game.
I commented on the EG review and I seriously question the credibility of it. Going from ''It's not finished'' as the first sentence to a 9 out of 10 just seems bizarre to me.

While I agree with GR about GT6 being a mediocre game, the scores themselves are questionable as it's obviously the better game out of the two (GT5 landed a 7/10). In hindsight I believe it should be the other way around. Well, at least they're honest about how they feel and what they think of it.

@carracerptp Butthurt much?

Last edited:
just did GT national Championship race 2 Apricot Hill. much better elevation ques in this version. raced that track like a champ. looks and feels better to the racing eye. looks good on a 720p Samsung SyncMaster 933BW monitor.

Butthurt? no, yourself?

A sub-par review is a sub par review.

I have the same one posted twice and both times and both times it was like "He goes to the track, he must know what he is talking about".

Like you said, if they gave GT5 a 7, this would be a 7.1 at the worst.

Again giving GT5-6 a 9/10 is too much but a 5 is too low.

Last edited:
That must've been the worst bribe in the history of mankind, if that actually was the case.

''It's not finished.'' - 9/10
X4cfirG.png

Oh, wait...

Back