GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
Agreed, excellent find @CoolColJ. 👍 I'm so dying to see the standard cars edges hopefully smoothed down, but the GPS Visualizer was great. :)

Also, did they get a graphics update? Can't really tell. lol

Well looking at the S4 video on the previous page. (At Matterhorn)

One very good bit of news coming from that video is speed loss when you're burning rubber. In the video the guy enters a corner way too fast (Well every corner he does this...) and he slides, dropping his speed from around 80-90 to about 60. Hopefully this means that drifting isn't the fastest way around a corner anymore!

Well looking at the S4 video on the previous page. (At Matterhorn)

One very good bit of news coming from that video is speed loss when you're burning rubber. In the video the guy enters a corner way too fast (Well every corner he does this...) and he slides, dropping his speed from around 80-90 to about 60. Hopefully this means that drifting isn't the fastest way around a corner anymore!

It wasn't in the GT Academy demo anyway

Using handbrake in Beckets? did that really help? ^^ Know that the fast laps involved a lot of sliding while braking though. Was a bit crazy.

Using handbrake in Beckets? did that really help? ^^ Know that the fast laps involved a lot of sliding while braking though. Was a bit crazy.

Earlier this year, me and whoever else was in the discussion, decided that, maybe sliding into entry and accelerating early really was the faster way around a corner, but in real life, people don't do that, because there is tire wear, and a higher chance of making a mistake.

Just people cheating the games flaws to get ahead instead of by pure skill. Half the guys at the top wouldn't make it a day in a race car. They get weeded out anyway!

Earlier this year, me and whoever else was in the discussion, decided that, maybe sliding into entry and accelerating early really was the faster way around a corner, but in real life, people don't do that, because there is tire wear, and a higher chance of making a mistake.
This is definitely my stance, and it works in real life in relatively low-grip situations. I could be wrong in thinking it translates to modern, high-grip tyres, though. It's not really testable, either, because of the fineness of control required to ride that knife-edge and the reactivity of the tyre's surface vs. temperature rises.

This is definitely my stance, and it works in real life in relatively low-grip situations. I could be wrong in thinking it translates to modern, high-grip tyres, though. It's not really testable, either, because of the fineness of control required to ride that knife-edge and the reactivity of the tyre's surface vs. temperature rises.

and that's why GT academy winners do hundreds of laps, because its not easy getting the "knife-edge" to work on 10-20 corners of the track, and if you barely mess up, you've just lost .2 seconds instead of gained .1. lol

Just people cheating the games flaws to get ahead instead of by pure skill. Half the guys at the top wouldn't make it a day in a race car. They get weeded out anyway!
That's not really true.. they did what they needed to be in the top but I have no doubt in my mind that they are very good drivers, Probably the best. You need car control to do those moves still.

Some of those "people" could put most of the forum a lap down on a real track.

And it's not cheating, it just how you play the game. If you have the skill, use it.

and that's why GT academy winners do hundreds of laps, because its not easy getting the "knife-edge" to work on 10-20 corners of the track, and if you barely mess up, you've just lost .2 seconds instead of gained .1. lol

Not really, I had set a time that would have put me through to GTA without doing hundreds of laps.

I said cheating the flaws in the game. I didnt say thet were cheaters. And I doubt they would lap most with some on-track experience. Fast way around a track isnt drifting into a turn.

I said cheating the flaws in the game. I didnt say thet were cheaters. And I doubt they would lap most with some on-track experience. Fast way around a track isnt drifting into a turn.
The ones I was referring to had track experience (last year and this year).

There's something called physics as well haha You have to be a mega driver to control a slide at 120mph as if it was a GoKart... ;)

Back