GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we should burn a Honda Fit in front of Sony's Tokyo headquarters.
BRILLIANT_.jpg

No offense but I guess I'll be boycotting this forum for a couple of weeks. Every time I log in here I get depressed by all this whining. I have fun with GT6, I really do. I never take it too seriously, it's only a video game! And besides I have a life too. But reading stuff like this makes me sick and takes all the fun away, and I don't want that vibe.

Good idea but the GT6 servers are already pretty barren to begin with. You might be more effective if you went from room to room and spammed them with your message.

Not really barren, I have Asian Limited Edition GT6, the Asian region servers are often packed with lobbies hosted by Japanese, Taiwan, HK, Malaysia, Indonesia, and other Asian countries. Depend on the time as well.

If someone came up with a well produced image, a couple of hundred pixels tall and wide, that respectfully acknowledged how good the GT series has been maybe via some nostalgic screen grabs or something, showed a picture of Kaz, and just the words, all we ask for is better communication.... and then people keep reposting it on any relevant PD/Sony/GT/Gaming social media pages.... NOT, GIMMIE GIMMIE - I WANT - GT SUX etc.

That's what I do. Not saying it would be effective, but that's what I'd do.... not that I'm going to do it.

Hmm... Not even to have T10 got communication for fix features, adjust economy, and many things add to Forza 5 from angry players. We should want PD to communication with us for release almost all features little later if possible.

If someone came up with a well produced image, a couple of hundred pixels tall and wide, that respectfully acknowledged how good the GT series has been maybe via some nostalgic screen grabs or something, showed a picture of Kaz, and just the words, all we ask for is better communication.... and then people keep reposting it on any relevant PD/Sony/GT/Gaming social media pages.... NOT, GIMMIE GIMMIE - I WANT - GT SUX etc.

That's what I do. Not saying it would be effective, but that's what I'd do.... not that I'm going to do it.
So, in other words, positive re-enforcment vs negative re-enforcement? If I were in public relations I'd spin both of these or bury them with a distraction story as neither bodes well for PD's current image. However, I do think there is always room for improvement.

I haven't played GT6 for a weeks now, i will continue doing this, until PD fixes the game. Or maybe everyone abandon GT6, and play GT5 instead.

So, in other words, positive re-enforcment vs negative re-enforcement? If I were in public relations I'd spin both of these or bury them with a distraction story as neither bodes well for PD's current image. However, I do think there is always room for improvement.

Possibly that's how they would react, but the goal shouldn't be to stick the boot in to PD and try and harm their image - that will always meet with a reactionary cold shoulder from the PR people... It should simply be about getting them to respect our reasonable expectation of better communication.

If you ask for something tangible "ZzzOMG!!11 Give US e30 M3!!", or even if you do it politely, in proper Japanese, to meet that request takes, licenses, resources, coders, designers etc.. it's futile. To ask for better communication, is just to ask that one person at Sony/PD, lets the community know what PD already will have a schedule for. If PD have no work schedule, or are unable to stick to their schedules, then they have bigger problems than whiney kids on the internet.

No offense but I guess I'll be boycotting this forum for a couple of weeks. Every time I log in here I get depressed by all this whining. I have fun with GT6, I really do. I never take it too seriously, it's only a video game! And besides I have a life too. But reading stuff like this makes me sick and takes all the fun away, and I don't want that vibe.
So why do you come here?

This is a daft and childish idea. How naive you are to think that a boycott would even be noticed let alone effective. I'll continue to be patient and wait for more content and bug fixes in due course thanks whilst enjoying the parts of the game that work just fine.

Plus, as someone has already said, if this was successful and PD saw people were stopping from playing GT6 they may well see it as a lack of interest in the game rather than a protest, cut their losses and concentrate more on 7.

I hardly play online in the first place.

But, anyway, I'm not even remotely disappointed with the game in the first place. I haven't even finished career mode (due to classes and work, before any of you who claim to have beat it in a week say anything), and actually, I'm just now finishing the IA license. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I mean, I guess some new features and fixes would be nice, more DLC is always good, but otherwise I find that the game is really good in the first place.

This is a daft and childish idea. How naive you are to think that a boycott would even be noticed let alone effective. I'll continue to be patient and wait for more content and bug fixes in due course thanks whilst enjoying the parts of the game that work just fine.

Plus, as someone has already said, if this was successful and PD saw people were stopping from playing GT6 they may well see it as a lack of interest in the game rather than a protest, cut their losses and concentrate more on 7.
Have you ever run a business? Let's take an extreme example and say this boycott actually worked and no one showed up on the servers for a week? Yes I know it's unrealistic, but if it happened, you don't think PD would be in full panic mode that the entire community could get together for this? You don't think it would make the gaming press? The general press? I guarantee you it would make headlines of some sort in North America.

Such a thing would work, the problem is, you can never get enough people to agree to it to make it effective. Some people think the game is fine and will continue to play. Some don't get the message. Some don't care. The real issue is getting it big enough in scope to make it count, not whether it'll work or not.

Considering PD does not make any actual profit from operating the online servers, wouldn't boycotting just help them save some maintenance cost since the servers are not under stress any more? So... they can spend more to develop the updates???

Not really barren, I have Asian Limited Edition GT6, the Asian region servers are often packed with lobbies hosted by Japanese, Taiwan, HK, Malaysia, Indonesia, and other Asian countries. Depend on the time as well.

I'm from Indonesia and I rarely find Indonesian rooms.. it's really barren :(.
So, I usually enter Japanese hosted rooms and kinda feel awkward inside.. they're all japanese and I couldn't understand a bit what they're talking.. Luckily I use a japanese nickname so they would think that I'm one of them... LOL.

How sad..

I hereby propose a 1 week boycott of all Gran Turismo 6 (GT6) online server activities.

Starting on March 1st and concluding on March 8th at midnight local time, we the people of GTPlanet (GTP) will have our voices heard.

As server activity is monitored by both PD and Sony, this is our chance to let it be known our dissatisfaction with: 1) GT6 as an unfinished product; and 2) PD's poor communication with its customers.

Please keep this thread clean and void of any negativity or hostility toward Kaz and PD, to ensure our message can spread.

Together, our voices will be heard. We come in peace to remind those at the top, that we, the paying customers, are the ones that truly have the power.

Please show your support for the cause by liking this post!

-gs

Edit: Don't forget, even logging in just for the bonus counts as "server activity".

Two issues.
1. You think GTPlanet has a high enough population that they'll notice? Unfortunately not likely.
2. Show support by liking this post? When did GTPlanet become Facebook? :rolleyes:

Good luck though, sincerely, just don't hold your breath.

I know, bloody awful, isn't it? God forbid what would happen if there truly was something to moan about.....

Have you ever run a business? Let's take an extreme example and say this boycott actually worked and no one showed up on the servers for a week? Yes I know it's unrealistic, but if it happened, you don't think PD would be in full panic mode that the entire community could get together for this? You don't think it would make the gaming press? The general press? I guarantee you it would make headlines of some sort in North America.

Such a thing would work, the problem is, you can never get enough people to agree to it to make it effective. Some people think the game is fine and will continue to play. Some don't get the message. Some don't care. The real issue is getting it big enough in scope to make it count, not whether it'll work or not.
No i haven't and i suppose you're right. I should have said "a boycott of this size".

I rented and just started playing GT6 last weekend and have been truly enjoying this game. Way better than GT5 IMO by a longshot. I have spent most of my time in the campaign.

I have only played a couple races online but what I played online seemed to run quite well. I will try the online again over the weekend to see if I have any more problems.

What are some of the problems I should be looking for?

Considering PD does not make any actual profit from operating the online servers, wouldn't boycotting just help them save some maintenance cost since the servers are not under stress any more? So... they can spend more to develop the updates???
So you think the conclusion they'd draw from no one playing their game online for a week is "cool, no one is playing our game, less stress on the servers"? And the headline in the North American virtual press is,

"What if they made a videogame and no one showed up - how angry consumers can bring about a revolution"

Pure fantasy of course because you can never get this many people to agree on anything, but it's fun to dream:lol:

I'm from Indonesia and I rarely find Indonesian rooms.. it's really barren :(.
So, I usually enter Japanese hosted rooms and kinda feel awkward inside.. they're all japanese and I couldn't understand a bit what they're talking.. Luckily I use a japanese nickname so they would think that I'm one of them... LOL.

How sad..

I did found some room hosted by GTIC tagged PSN, there are 2 or 3 of them at one time, but you are right, most of them are Japanese, HK or Malaysia, sometimes China and Taiwan too.

The only thing that will happen is that you don't get to play the game for a week. How many people will join the boycott? 50? How many copies of GT6 are sold every week? 10 000? Unless PD comes here and reads this thread, they won't notice anything. The server activity probably dropped a lot more during the winter olympics.

Here's a suggestion. Don't read it if it bothers you that much. Fact remains, PD have disappointed alot of people and they are going to vent. Having a bunch of people come into the threads to complain that others are complaining serves even less purpose than the complaining you say you hate so much, yet read and respond to.

However, I don't think this particular boycott plan will serve any purpose. GTP is a small little section of GT players. I doubt they'd notice even if every active member of GTP joins in. Some kind of twitter boycott or protest would stand a bigger chance of getting a message through.

I swear I wanted to make this same thread a few days ago. Then I remembered there was a Jarl in Dawnstar that needed me to slay a giant.

Btw TC, your OP was much better than what I had planed. I'm already on week two with my sub account and week one with my primary account. I will not login until we get another track or VGT car, period!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back