GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugs and Glitches should be a priority, and I don't doubt PD are working to prevent hackers from doing their thing too. These are things we have the right to expect they fix as soon as they can.

Then we need an approximate timescale for the features that we were told would be in a future update.

It would also help to alleviate some fears if they were transparent with regards to VGT also. Nearly 3 months in, and only one collaboration has been launched.

Beyond that, we've no right to expect anything. I don't see that a boycott style protest, or (un-coordinated) social media spamming will deliver these points to PD. There is no point in making a statement, unless is also contains a clear message.

Maybe because it's a gt6 forum where some people actually play the game, share their experiences, have fun and don't complain about every little aspect of the game :dunce:.

I know it might be a bit difficult to understand for you :rolleyes:.

sorry for my bad english
Read your post, your supposed to be boycotting.

Here's a suggestion. Don't read it if it bothers you that much. Fact remains, PD have disappointed alot of people and they are going to vent. Having a bunch of people come into the threads to complain that others are complaining serves even less purpose than the complaining you say you hate so much, yet read and respond to.

However, I don't think this particular boycott plan will serve any purpose. GTP is a small little section of GT players. I doubt they'd notice even if every active member of GTP joins in. Some kind of twitter boycott or protest would stand a bigger chance of getting a message through.
Well, you'd have to READ it to begin with to notice that it's a pessimistic post/thread... and most of the people who enjoy the game don't have the patience to sit here and argue with you guys all day and night (I'd rather race,to be honest)
I view that "dont read it" response in the same light that the "critics" look at the "just go play something else" response (that always gets you guys fired up :lol:)

On Topic, I have too much fun to let it go for a week. Sure, I want the updates, & sure I'd LIKE for PD to be more informant, but I'm not ready to rage over an update that is surely coming. I enjoy the content that we have, and when the new stuff comes, the merrier i"ll be 👍

I'm in for the cause. Although Boycotting in modern day society, serves zero purpose. It doesn't work anymore. It's like who's line is it anyway - where the points don't matter. It's like all of your friends that hate everything about what Wallmart represents, but you still walk in there with your spouse, don't you! or you get killed by the angry illegal aliens that swarm in and trample over you to keep the CEO's of this world happy, year over year.

Let's not forget, Sony the Dynasty, has deep pockets, and more than one.

what they will not get as lint pocket change from GT franchise, they are getting candy from PS4 games to come this year, in the Trillions of dollars.

Now what if there is a surprise update Friday, Feb 28th, that contains only 30% of desired fixes, are you still going to boycott?

I am going to continue to play GT6...

But if you already bought the game, how can boycotting online do anything? They already have your money. :lol:

Please keep the thread clean.

If you don't want to participate in the boycott, you are free not too.

There are many of us that are unhappy with GT6, and this thread is to bring them together to strengthen their voice.

Please do not detract from this thread if you disagree.

Then please dont detract from the positive threads with sour comments. Shouldnt it work both ways?

Never expected to get that many chuckles from this thread.

Good Luck with your endeavor - expressing the consciousness of your disappointment, and recruiting others to feel the same have been the hallmarks of revolution, and maybe your Movement will grow worldwide.

Sadly the facts as they exist right now may be far different from what you imagine, and the enemy whose attention you plan to snare with such a comparatively small effort, may be bigger than you could conceive. You will have to get many, many, many, many people to dislike Gran Turismo.

I play Online a lot - the servers are always busy - both North American, and also Worldwide when I check - and I'm not on 24/7. I have to assume they are as busy when I'm not on as when I'm on. And that's busy. Go check right now. There'll be a room you can enter - Free Run, Track Day, Cops and Robbers, Bond chases, Chill and Show, Drags, Marque shootouts, JDM only, Drifting Rooms, 420 Rooms, Tuner Workshops, One Make Races, NASCAR (galore), Classics Rooms, Variously Filtered Races . . . .

Or maybe I have some very strange Internet.

If all of GTPlanet stopped going for a week there might be some missing activity - GTP WRS Rooms, McLarenDesign's CotW and such like, (that I notice - because I'm connected) but the lobbies would still be active and continuing to grow, as more and more of the millions of people who bought this game continue to log in at all times of the night and day worldwide.

Any good fan-site will always have some critics - which as I said in the beginning could be a positive thing. Maybe as you link your Movement with other similar affirmative-action critics of a Product that is actually a luxury item, and work together you may make a dent. And even benefit the product.

Maybe even prove Steve Jobs wrong - and tell the producer what to give you instead of the other way around.

:cheers:

“Never underestimate the power of a small group of committed people to change the world. In fact, it is the only thing that ever has.” ~ Margaret Mead

Sounds just about right for what PD has done for us all in the videogame world and other real world aspects...

I've only gone online twice. Second time I didn't even get into a room. So it shouldn't be difficult. However, I doubt this would do anything. We already bought the game, so PD/Sony already won. We would have to do something more serious like not buying future DLC until they fix the game, but let's be honest; as soon as the first pack goes out we all are going to be bitc:censored: about how we want fixes before content, while we spread our wallets open at PD.

So we really have two options: Keep waiting as we've been for years, or just forget about the game and move on to others.

He also said: "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." ;)

Since we are being doing famOus quotes, here's one given by Emmet Lathorp Brown, and it applies very well about this boycott:

"Do you know what this means? , It means THAT THIS DAMN THING DOESN'T WORK AT ALL"

url.jpg

Since we are being doing famOus quotes, here's one given by Emmet Lathorp Brown, and it applies very well about this boycott:

"Do you know what this means? , It means THAT THIS DAMN THING DOESN'T WORK AT ALL"

Not a word now!
Quiet.
Donations.
You want me to make a donation...
to the Coast Guard Youth Auxiliary.
I'm from the future.
I came here in a time machine that you invented.
Now, I need your help to get back to the year 1985.
My God!
Do you know what this means?
It means that this damn thing doesn't work at all!

fixed. HaHa. I loved those movies.

Back on topic. I haven't played in weeks. I'm waiting for some new content and won't till they implement some.

I don't understand what all the hubbub about GT6 is or exactly what a boycott is going to prove.

First off, I have not had any problem with the game. I play it online and off almost everyday. This game to me is an improvement over GT5 and with further additions and improvements (which happen gradually for GT5) it will become great.

Second, boycotting GT6 online is only punishing yourself. Support the game don't punish it. Don't stop speaking out about what you want but don't stop playing. Stopping mean no interest and why support a game no one is playing.

I have faith that PD will continue to add new content and improve various feature like that did with GT5. There is no reason to believe otherwise.

And lastly it's just a game. PD has not made any indications otherwise. Be thankful that thing can be fix as opposed to the past where when you buy a game, that's it, no more. If there are problems you are stuck.

are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-149.gif

A boycott!? From a small community on an online service ran my a multi billion dollar company?

None of you will bother, nor will it work, go outside.

I know you can express you're opinion but saying something like would suit that gif even more to you.

Ok the Guy's fake, but who tells us there isn't a bit a truth in what he just said? about this not being working at all...

I, for one been looking at things, and boycotts are completely useless, whatsoever the reason why and which cause we want to support with this. Afterall, they did all the necessary modification on GT6 so far that we do not have to buy their micro transactions credits anymore. That is one thing.

Boycotting is a unfortuate and childish way to manifest. I imagine myself just grumping back at my parents when asked to clean my room.

Relax a little, have a little faith in them and the game will start blooming and be a bigger flower than GT5.

and yes, There is also something else called the outside world. that new thing has been implemented we do not know when, but we become aware of it from the day we're born. It helps spending time out there because time in game goes faster. Try it, I suppose you won't dislike what you'll see.

I play Online a lot - the servers are always busy - both North American, and also Worldwide when I check - and I'm not on 24/7. I have to assume they are as busy when I'm not on as when I'm on. And that's busy. Go check right now. There'll be a room you can enter - Free Run, Track Day, Cops and Robbers, Bond chases, Chill and Show, Drags, Marque shootouts, JDM only, Drifting Rooms, 420 Rooms, Tuner Workshops, One Make Races, NASCAR (galore), Classics Rooms, Variously Filtered Races . . . .

:cheers:

I was going to ask you to define "busy" but I took your suggestion and as I ate lunch, I scrolled through all the North American lobbies and counted 69. Average attendance about 5 for a total of 350 on the entire continent (not sure if it includes Mexico actually). Wide variety of rooms and from what I can discern with PD's poor lobby labelling system and lack of search features about 15 were for circuit racing and 10/15 were on RS tires. Outside of that an assortment of test lobbies, drifting, drag, cruise, Nascar, and names with no discernable direction like the popular "eat my [insert expletive here]" and "you suck".

I don't consider 350 to be busy, and I especially don't consider 90 people circuit racing, 60 of which are on RS tires, as busy. When you consider this is designed to be a game about driving realistic cars with realistic physics around realistic tracks, it looks like a virtual wasteland. Maybe we have different definitions of busy. :lol:

We should just lock the thread because there are so many people here that dont believe such a thing is going to hurt PD. Additionally, this thread is just a small portion of all GT6 players, so we'd be making a dent in a semi so to speak.

While I like the attempt, and trust me if do it because I haven't played GT6 since January, the community here doesn't seem too keen on it working and it's rather too small to be effective.

Man we should just lock the thread because there are so many people here that dot believe such a thing is going to hurt PD. While I like the attempt, the community here doesn't seem too keen on it working.

actually, this is going to hurt other parties than Sony/PD. PD probably looks at this and says I know we got somethin' cookin' but it,s like a regular day at the office for us. Thanks.

It. Won't. Work.

Cutting your own veins and burning GT-Rs would be more effective but I've got better things to do, such as taking pictures, buying stuff and finishing the National A events at some point.

It. Won't. Work.

Cutting your own veins and burning GT-Rs would be more effective but I've got better things to do, such as taking pictures, buying stuff and finishing the National A events at some point.

Let me rephrase that for you.

It. Won't. Work.

Cutting your own veins and burning GT-Rs would be more effective but I've got better things to do, such as [lists a whole bunch of offline activities that have nothing to do with online]

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back