GT6 Standard Cars Comparison Photos Thread

What do you think of Standard Models being re-done for GT6?

• I'm happy, I can see myself driving these cars more now.

Votes: 221 74.4%
  • I'm disappointed. I won't be driving these cars any more.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • I'm mixed on this decision.

Votes: 47 15.8%
  • Other

Votes: 21 7.1%

• Total voters
I was going to mention that the 300C and Talon were done in photomode in GT6, but on track in GT5, but it doesn't look like it makes a difference, aside from the fact that they aren't exactly lined up properly since they aren't in the same place, at the same spot, at the same angle like the other comparisons have been.

They don't look better at all.

I was going to mention that the 300C and Talon were done in photomode in GT6, but on track in GT5, but it doesn't look like it makes a difference, aside from the fact that they aren't exactly lined up properly since they aren't in the same place, at the same spot, at the same angle like the other comparisons have been.

They don't look better at all.
Yeah, I'm not the best with lining them up. I will try to do them on the same track in the same place from now on since it makes such a big difference.

I can't tell much difference between the 300C but I can the Talon. Wow these standards have really been upgraded. I noticed myself as I was checking out the dealerships for the Superbird and Camaro. Way better than GT5 and while not up to par with premiums I'd say it's on par with most racing games on the PS3, just not GT quality.

Well, from what I can see in the dealership, the Opel Speedster/Vauxhall VX220 seem to be much better quality. The problem is I don't have money to buy them and the money I do have needs to go towards a <550PP FWD car.

EDIT: A few others that look much better in the dealership - Jaguar XJ220, Aston Martin DB7, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, '98 Audi S4.
Hint - to find cars that have been upgraded, see if the door jams are 3d.

Citroen 2CV - GT5 vs. GT6

citroen_2cv_s021-jpg.86297

Credit: @Mikhail K

Also, Gran Turismo 6 is only hours away from launch! I'll be picking up my copy by around 10 AM EST tomorrow, so I'll try as best as I can to make comparisons if the requests are there. Remember that since I'd be starting from the beginning, there's only so much I can do.

Has the handling, especially the body roll of the 2CV change much? Hopefully it's as realistic as it should, with its door handles scraping the road when going into a corner.

Can you try a comparison with the Citroen C3 or especially the Citroen Xantia? Others like the Renault Avantime didn't fair so well either. They were butchered in GT5, and were better finished and polished in GT4!

After seing some of these upgraded standards I get even more sad about the fact that the M3s got left in the dust :(

While it looks like most of the standards I personally care about have gotten some tlc there are some that still look so bad I almost want to vomit :scared:

Those two comparisons aren't good. The GT5 pictures were from photo mode. In photo mode, all cars are at their peak of beauty. While in GT6, you parked the car on the track. When its a replay, they make it pretty enough so that it passes, so you can have more than one pretty cars on the track with a lot of other things.

Wow, some of these upgrades are hugely surprising. I always loved the Nissan R390 GT1, both road and race versions, and to see such a huge improvement in them is great.

I would love to see the Audi A4 DTM Red Bull, Jay Leno's Tank Car and Toyota GT-one race car. The GT-one in particular had some very poor surfacing which had a detrimental impact on it's lighting.

Back