GT6 to be available on PSN for digital download

1:29AM EST and 37% now... hope patch download is fast after installation. I have upgraded WD Black 72000rpm drive so hopefully install won't take forever like for some people.

download complete, and installing. 12% then I gotta patch. Getting slammed by an ice storm here in North Texas I hope I don't lose power!

I wasnt able to download until after 50 mins past launch time. Im sitting at about 45% now... Dont think ill be up to install it. If its anything like the d3 digital install/load times than having an ssd will be worth it! My body is ready...
20131206_003224.jpg

download complete, and installing. 12% then I gotta patch. Getting slammed by an ice storm here in North Texas I hope I don't lose power!

-26 here, had a blizzard here two days ago... At least you wouldnt have to start barrels on fire to live if you did! Lol

I'm really jealous of you guys, I still have 9 hours and 4 minutes till Gamestop opens. :(

I had a gamestop pre-order and went up there and got my money back just incase the city is shut down tomorrow. I wanted a box and the 25 cars, but I think everyone including myself and gamestop workers are not going anywhere tomorrow.

Two hours to download in U.S. An hour into the install, and it's 44% done. I might have to go to sleep soon.

Nah.

I had a gamestop pre-order and went up there and got my money back just incase the city is shut down tomorrow. I wanted a box and the 25 cars, but I think everyone including myself and gamestop workers are not going anywhere tomorrow.

You aren't the only one... Pretty nasty weather...

map-dec-6-13.jpg

Edit

4:07AM and installation finally over. Turned it on, and 1.2gb 9min update..

Then.. then I can drive... but all I want to do now is sleep. I'll probably sleep till noon. Either that or play till noon and then sleep till 8pm. Great my sleep is all screwed up now. Thanks PD, for a ridiculous and extremely long download and install process. :-/

Last edited:
I have downloaded and installed the pre order game by about 2:00 in the morning before I went to bed but keeps saying not available before release date even when trying it after 10:00 when I got up dose anyone no the time they will release it

I have downloaded and installed the pre order game by about 2:00 in the morning before I went to bed but keeps saying not available before release date even when trying it after 10:00 when I got up dose anyone no the time they will release it

What are you telling us? GT6 is still not available to play on PSN? What the hell.

Release time in UK was 11hours 40mins ago

Well after all that nonsense.. Just played a while with controller. Gotta say it was worth it. I'm fairly impressed with the game in general. Now hooking up CSR wheel/ CSR Elite pedals.. Should be fun!

Point is I think it's worth the hassle.. and game seems fast and I am thinking maybe it would be faster than if I bought it retail disk. Can't say yet without head to head comparison, but it is faster than GT5 ever was, that's for sure. Everything is snappy with my 500GB WD Black 7200 rpm internal drive. Glad I went with download version.

Oh great. The game is downloaded and patched and I have to get ready for work... Lol. Still, it means no waiting when I get home and no disc for my kids to break/lose :)

I downloaded it and installed it last night and it's still telling me it's unplayable before the start date!!! What's the deal with that?!!

FYI my experience with download and install speeds with the standard 250gb hdd that came with my PS3 slim 2 was a little better than I expected so don't let the SSD guys scare you into thinking you should buy the disc version unless you pony up for solid state ;) I'm sure SSD is faster, but GT6 loads and plays sooooooo much faster than GT5 so far that I can't imagine it would be THAT much better with an SSD. To quantify, I was able to download and install 1.01 and play the opening movie, intro race, buy the Fit and win the first two novice races in less than 30 mins before work this morning. At no point did I have to stress about loading times.

Last edited:
Download to my ssd took like 90 minutes and the install about 30. Then the 1.01 update took another 10 minutes. Anyone else get up at 4am just to get the download and install done so it's ready to play when you get home from work?

Jerome

About 1h54m to download; 2h26m to install; 11m to download the patch; 19m to install the patch.

Then the game starts, and it downloads another "update" in-game (as opposed to a patch to the game itself). That took another 2.5m to download and install.

Start to finish: about 4h55m.

FYI my experience with download and install speeds with the standard 250gb hdd that came with my PS3 slim 2 was a little better than I expected so don't let the SSD guys scare you into thinking you should buy the disc version unless you pony up for solid state ;) I'm sure SSD is faster, but GT6 loads and plays sooooooo much faster than GT5 so far that I can't imagine it would be THAT much better with an SSD. To quantify, I was able to download and install 1.01 and play the opening movie, intro race, buy the Fit and win the first two novice races in less than 30 mins before work this morning. At no point did I have to stress about loading times.

Absolutely correct. Even though i love the ssd, my huge gripe with gt5s load times are gone. Its a much better interface, and is seamless (especially compared to gt5) ! Im sure without the ssd it would be completely fine... :)

The entire process took me 11hrs, yes 11hrs. I held my breath the whole time and now I can't decide what colour to paint my Honda Fit.

I feel rather ripped off from Game.

I stupidly presumed having bought the special edition of GT5 with the Apex booklet that buying the Anniversary Edition of GT6 with "• Apex II, a brand new updated version of the Apex game guide." would mean another book.

There is no book.

EDIT - sorry wrong place to moan.

Last edited:
Yeah, I could not wait either. So, I did the psn dl lastnight and was playing at 3 am. But, I still got the gamestop copy for the other 20 cars.

I feel rather ripped off from Game.

I stupidly presumed having bought the special edition of GT5 with the Apex booklet that buying the Anniversary Edition of GT6 with "• Apex II, a brand new updated version of the Apex game guide." would mean another book.

There is no book.

They did announce that it was an app.

They did announce that it was an app.

Thanks for the info, an app would be pretty cool, my original Apex book got seriously thumbed.

Still, on the page where I placed my order at 'GAME' there was no mention of no physical book copy.

Now, where do I find that app! ;)

Back