GT6 to be available on PSN for digital download

I wonder we were not given the chance to download it way before it became unlocked, like the rest of the world was. Seems like they could have just let everyone download at the time of purchase in the PSN store since it didnn't unlock till now anyway.

What a crock of ****. Such huge amounts of BS. 12:05 now and NOTHING. Will not download anything but stupid theme over and over. Download not showing up anywhere. Not in store, not in games list, not in account management. Nothing.

Paid $60 and sitting here 5 minutes after midnight EST.. after waiting all day.. and it acts like it did 12 hours ago.

WTF SONY.. Get your **** straight!

BWX
What a crock of ****. Such huge amounts of BS. 12:05 now and NOTHING. Will not download anything but stupid theme over and over. Download not showing up anywhere. Not in store, not in games list, not in account management. Nothing.

Paid $60 and sitting here 5 minutes after midnight EST.. after waiting all day.. and it acts like it did 12 hours ago.

That always happens, I remember GTAV was horrible and it didn't pop up till like 20 minutes past midnight. Then the servers got swamped and it took 4 hours to download what would normally only take me one. Hopefully that's not gonna happen this time round.

Phone support says wait times are going to be very long, go to link and hit up chat support.. go there and see this..

"Live Chat - Please Wait. Currently Busy.
Sorry, agents are unavailable at this time.
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific
Average Wait Time: Up to 10 Minutes"

And it is grayed out and unusable...

WTF.. completely ridiculous.

Now i see a download button, after it was gone for 5 minutes. Hit it, and PS3 freezes!!

SONY.. what is your problem!? How incompetent can you be?

BWX

Same thing here! Keeps downloading theme which I already received when I ordered the game. I just noticed they have the size of the game at only 2MB! That is the size of the theme! $60.00 for a theme???

Edit: The download button has disappeared. Hopefully they are getting the game ready to download.

Last edited:
Now every time I try to download.. it crashes my PS3 and I have to hold button on front to reboot it!!!!!

This is complete incompetence by sony.

No 15th Anniversary cars, paint chips, suits, Apex digital book, helmets, not PSN avatars from "the source", for 60 bucks forget about it!!!

It's funny how the lot of us angry consumers are showing our frustration on GTPlanet which can't really fix the issue haha. I'm not worried honestly. Sure, I would love to get my download started so I can get some sleep (where I live, it's actually an hour ahead so I waited until 1am+), but issues are preventing that right now and there's nothing I can so about it. I say we all make some hot chocolate and settle down.

+1 on missing download button in the store, seems odd.
What happens when the game is about to go live, the pre-order download goes away. Just a matter of time till it pops up in the stores. In the mean time watching people freak out over what is pretty much standard digital download procedure for PSN is helping pass the time.

I have a question guys. I pre-ordered the 15th Anniversary edition from Game Stop, but couldn't wait until tomorrow night to begin trying out GT6, so I added $60 to my PSN wallet with the assumption that I could get a refund from Game Stop and I could download the game tonight. Now I am in the same situation as you guys where the PSN store is turding out. Is there any chance to get a refund from the PSN store since it's not working? I've never tried this method of purchase before.

Thanks!

Back