GT6 to be available on PSN for digital download

I have the download button but all it downloads is the Pre-order theme.

.... just went back in no download link like everyone else :(

Glad to see I am not in a boat all alone..I too have a hard copy coming tomorrow, but couldn't wait. Planned on staying up all night driving.....it's cool. GT6 is here finally....one way or another.

I also got a download button with the unfortunate "crash-to-desktop" result.

EDIT: Went back in a tried again. Success! Downloaded the bonus car pack first, and now I'm slowly getting my copy of GT6

The whole process went smooth for me. Pre-ordered yesterday, pre-loaded, installed, applied patch after midnight, and played till morning. I hope you all get it sorted out.

I also got a download button with the unfortunate "crash-to-desktop" result.

EDIT: Went back in a tried again. Success! Downloaded the bonus car pack first, and now I'm slowly getting my copy of GT6

Me too, just restarted my PS3 , went back to the store and the correct download button was there. Got the cars first, then Downloading game now, and now I can get some sleep :)

Finally got the download button and the 5 preorder bonus cars got downloaded. Now its showing 1% done and 561 minutes left. lol That's like 9.35hrs. Looks like I can sleep in.

PSN phone support said that I COULD get a refund.. Then it started downloading.. I said it must suck to have to have a job where you have to try to defend an incompetent company all day long. She laughed.

So I can download at about 4.2 MB a second and this is saying 177 minutes for a 15GB file 10 minutes after it started.

Too bad Sony couldn't add more servers temporarily for this known hit on PSN and make it smoother for everyone. No they'd rather just let people have a ridiculously slow download speed.

It'll probably by 4am before it is finished at this rate.. or even later. Sometimes it counts up.. to 178, 179 min., etc.

Oh well. guess I'll be sleeping instead of playing GT6.​

2rmwaqd.jpg

Goodnight (:

We have ignition! I'm getting between 2-4mb/s. Went ahead and turned off wifi on the phone and laptop just in case. I wish it showed remaining time during a background download.

Goodnight (:

If you're on a 14.4k modem, you won't finish until late on the 7th. If you include the required patch, that puts you into Sunday.

I hate to think it, but I don't think Sony made any accommodations for this DLC launch.

Ok, so I think if you set it to download in background it picks up speed significantly.

**EDIT**

Yup, I am at about 4GB and 27% now a few min later..

So do a background download.

Now a few minutes later.........

So yeah... not too bad now I guess.

I think I need a drink. -and don't usually drink.

Last edited:
Back