GT6 to be available on PSN for digital download

It looked like the standard edition to me. I saw it pop up last night on my PS3. It had no mention of any cars in the ps store, so my only option is gamestop at the moment (since I want the extras).

Finally got the Anniversary Edition (yesterday) through PSN. I was about to buy the physical but...after all is the same thing...you never use the box. (I own Signature Edition of GT5 and I love it, the book and all but still collecting dust more than anything)
Tomorrow (well in about 2 hours) the game will start to download and by the 6th at midnight I will be playing!

Trying that Huayra in arcade mode is the first thing I will do after the forced tutorial.

Last edited:
PSN says "downloable 5th Dec", i hope they dont wait until 6th Dec 0.00h, because a 14Gb download it's going to take a while ... I have a very good internet connection (50Mbps), but you depend on the servers download bandwith, and in my experience, they are not quick at all, so would be nice to download it with enough time to have it on 6th.

If anybody starts downloading, please let us know. :)

you need to turn off your ps3 or auto download will not start.

When will my pre-order begin downloading?
If auto-download is enabled, your pre-order will start downloading on the expected download date. If you have disabled auto-download, you will need to manually download your pre-order.

Does auto-download require my system to be switched on (green light)?
No. Auto-download will automatically switch your system on from Standby Mode (red light) and begin downloading your pre-order. So you are not disturbed while using your system, auto-download will not start if your system is already on (green light). Auto-download will commence the next time your system is switched to Standby Mode (red light).

I bit the bullet and ended up purchasing the digitally delivered version from PSN. I found out I had some credit left on the PSN wallet so it was a bit cheaper than I expected.
I wonder when it will start downloading, though.

Is that from the Japan PSN store? I don't even see GT6 listed in the Hong Kong PSN store and I think it should be about 11 in the morning there now.
In our US PSN store, if you add it to your cart it *claims* we can start downloading it at 12:01am (EST) on Dec 6. I see it in the Japan PSN store but can't read the Japanese:)

It says 8:30 am here in Mumbai. Still not downloading. Still says auto download date is 5/12/13. It is 5/12/13, i want to start downloading my GT now

Ordered it on PSN.. $59. Not downloading any DLC this time though, unless career mode makes use of it.

PSN says 5/12/13 I can download the PSN version from the AU PSN shop
US or Aussie time?

Well it's past 1AM 5/12/13 in the US in any case - still no download?!
And it's 5:30PM 5/12/13 local time :(

Im in Australia and suspecting it will start downloading around 10-11pm, its only 4:30pm here and hasnt started downloading yet.

I could download a GT6 theme. That's it. I turned on auto download, set time for current time and shut off PS3. It gave a message at shutdown, and said updating .. something, didn't say what. It shut down, and nothing.

There isn't even a GT6 icon under games or anything. I checked and it is pre-ordered. Not sure when It'll start downloading the game. I guess whenever it officially "releases".

Still cant download. Bloody past noon. this sucks. i been sleepless all night. cant even do any work today. Are you telling me im gonna have to wait till midnight to start downloading it. I thought id be playing by midnight

Back