GT6 Tune Directory (Index of Every Tune!!)

• Thread starter XS
  • 881 comments
XS
No problem!

I couldn't find my thread....... because it had been stickied!! Thank you!

LOL! i just did the same thing but i was on my phone looking for the directory and couldn't find it! i was so mad thought they deleted it!

Awesome work XM. It was great before but it's even better now that you're adding PP and tires. If you're able to keep this going you should add a donation link like some of the tuners have. I'm sure that maintaining this directory will take up a lot of your time, so you should be compensated IMHO.

Thanks again on behalf of all of us who are benefiting from this thread! Cheers mate:cheers:

Thank you! Okay everyone, do you like it with the added info? It kinda jumbles things up which is why I'm wondering.

Yeah its much better with the extra info and not too jumbled. Great now because I don't have to check each link to see if it meets a pp requirement for a series I want to run

When you guys update an already posted tune, please let me know. I'm doing my best to check every link, but I'm also running out of time and slowing down to one update per day due to work, life, holidays, etc.

XS
When you guys update an already posted tune, please let me know. I'm doing my best to check every link, but I'm also running out of time and slowing down to one update per day due to work, life, holidays, etc.

I'm guilty of this - so sorry..

Took me hours to re-arrange and sort out the links on my OP, by the time I finished I was brain dead and completely forgot to let you know. Sorry for causing extra work for you.

Keep up the great work you're doing 👍

will the setup for the Pagani Huayra setup be a good setup for the Dream Car Championship? I am planning on using the huayra I also might use the fully tuned Corvette C7 so would each setup help for each of the cars?

@TerryLabonte44
I'd suggest asking your question in the specific garage threads of the tunes your looking at.
The individual tuners will be better able to answer the questions and may not see your post here.

Thanks!
Everything should be up to date. I have a couple broken links to fix. Also, I'm trying to figure out why the links only take you to the page the tune is on when I have the exact post number linked. It's like the link works for a day, then gives up and just takes you to the page and not the post. Sorry about that, I will try and see if there's a fix. I really hope I don't have to re-link every tune :grumpy:.

Good Job XS. I believe the combination of both yours and my thread will be a big help for people trying to find what they need.

3Q24dfn.gif

Suggestion, you may want to rename this thread to "tune database" so as not to cause confusion if someone is looking for tips and tricks to do tuning.

I see where you're coming from, but if they're confused by what a directory is, then they'll probably be confused by what a database is.

XS
I see where you're coming from, but if they're confused by what a directory is, then they'll probably be confused by what a database is.
How about something like...
Full Index of All GT6 Tunes

I had that, but changed it because people kept posting requests, so I removed "every tune" and added "read op". Honestly there's nothing that can be done to avoid people who do not know where they are. I mean, who thought this thread was designated for tune requests? But yet we had plenty of them. I'll come up with something.

It has been brought to my attention that the old school GT5 tuners and testers would like to see some changes in this thread. For starters these tuners do an amazing job of tuning and testing cars to improve lap times and reverse engineer GT6 physics to give their best possible work. It is not fair that their tunes be listed along side "base tunes" or tunes in which little time was spent and much information is missing. From what I've seen there are two types of tunes in the forum, those which come from tuners who implement tune sheets, testing notes, and every piece of info that they have to help the user, and those tunes which are either base tunes or quick reply tunes to requests or questions. My question is, what do the veteran tuners think about this? Johnnypenso had a great idea of having a base tunes category. Is that something you guys would be interested in? My two cents is that in Adrenaline era full tunes where heavily emphasized but I view this thread as a directory, an unbiased listing of every tune, no matter how half-assed they are and it is up to the user whether or not to use a certain tune. But I also see why Adrenaline emphasized full tunes and tuning sheets too. Anyway, let's discuss it some.

Last edited:
XS
It has been brought to my attention that the old school GT5 tuners and testers would like to see some changes in the tuning forum. For starters these tuners do an amazing job of tuning and testing cars to improve lap times and reverse engineer GT6 physics to give their best possible work. It is not fair that their tunes be listed along side "base tunes" or tunes in which little time was spent and much information is missing. From what I've seen there are two types of tunes in the forum, those which come from tuners who implement tune sheets, testing notes, and every piece of info that they have to help the user, and those tunes which are either base tunes or quick reply tunes to requests or questions. My question is, what do the veteran tuners think about this? Johnnypenso had a great idea of having a base tunes category. Is that something you guys would be interested in? My two cents is that in Adrenaline era full tunes where heavily emphasized but I view this thread as a directory, an unbiased listing of every tune, no matter how half-assed they are and it is up to the user whether or not to use a certain tune. But I also see why Adrenaline emphasized full tunes and tuning sheets too. Anyway, let's discuss it some.

Since you mentioned my name...lol...yes I do believe that posted tunes should be complete, with full transmission settings and all parts necessary to get to the target PP or HP/Weight etc. A person interested in a tune should not have to make any decisions regarding what goes on the car or have to make any adjustments or set anything up themselves, otherwise I wouldn't consider it a full tune, but a "partial tune" or "base tune". Nothing wrong with that of course, the GT5 Tuning Forum had many tunes that were just a handful of numbers with missing or incomplete settings but I believe it does a disservice to the Tuners and the Community to have a partial tune alongside a full tune or on the same list as a full tune.

Months down the road when there are hundreds or thousands of tunes, people are not going to be happy wading through incomplete information over and over to find something that's complete.

So where do you stop splitting / dividing the tunes - online/offline, those with ballast/those without etc etc - there are good reasons for setups to be catergorised in many different ways....?

Base tunes allow flexibilty to adapt them to the number of different variables that can impact a setup that are not directly setup related i.e. driving style (passive/aggressive or "planted"/loose), steering settings. Base tunes also allow variables within a setup to be changed like gearbox ratios/top speed and aero to be adjusted to suit each track.

Why not just add "BASE TUNE" to the info you already give on the link for each tune?

Last edited:
Since you mentioned my name...lol...yes I do believe that posted tunes should be complete, with full transmission settings and all parts necessary to get to the target PP or HP/Weight etc. A person interested in a tune should not have to make any decisions regarding what goes on the car or have to make any adjustments or set anything up themselves, otherwise I wouldn't consider it a full tune, but a "partial tune" or "base tune". Nothing wrong with that of course, the GT5 Tuning Forum had many tunes that were just a handful of numbers with missing or incomplete settings but I believe it does a disservice to the Tuners and the Community to have a partial tune alongside a full tune or on the same list as a full tune.

Months down the road when there are hundreds or thousands of tunes, people are not going to be happy wading through incomplete information over and over to find something that's complete.
I wasn't calling you out, sorry, I just thought your idea of a base tune section warranted giving credit to, it's a good idea that I didn't want to take credit for.
So where do you stop / splitting dividing the tunes - online/offline, those with ballast/those without etc etc - there are good reasons for setups to be catergorised in many different ways....?

Base tunes allow flexibilty to adapt them to the number of different variables that can impact a setup that are not directly setup related i.e. driving style (passive/aggressive or "planted"/loose), steering settings. Base tunes also allow variables within a setup to be changed like gearbox ratios/top speed and aero to be adjusted to suit each track.

Why not just add "BASE TUNE" to the info you already give on the link for each tune?
The idea is to bring the tuning forum to a consensus of standard of tuning. The GT5 tuning forum did this on its own over the course of 3 years. We're just speeding it up a little. The idea isn't to exclude anyone!! But some veteran tuners, some testers, among others, would like to see tune sheets, transmission settings, testing notes, and a full parts list, as the standard information contained within a "tune", therefore everything is standardized across the tuning forum. A base tune is certainly not knocking the tuner! But the goal isn't to slice up and categorize this thread, it's to define what a tune is, and what a tune contains. Which is why I'm posting the question to veteran tuners as a whole.
It's important to note that this is MY thread and I'll do whatever I want with it, but I recognize this thread is part of a community I enjoy very much. There isn't one tuner in the tuning forum I don't look up to. So I listen to suggestions, which I get by the dozen everyday, and when I see multiple people bring the same issue up I think it's a community question and I post it to the community 👍.

Back