GT6 Tune Directory (Index of Every Tune!!)

• Thread starter XS
  • 881 comments
Hey guys, I could use you input. So I've been tossing around ideas about how to incorporate tunes which are listed in GTPlanet's own Database into the Directory. Jordan has said that he doesn't mind if there's carry-over, however I would still like to pay tribute to Jordan's work with the GTPlanet Tuning Database. At first I thought about creating an entirely separate page with those tunes, however the more I thought about it the more I thought it would be unfair that those tunes and tuners may not receive as much traffic in the Directory as the tunes/tuners listed in the "Main" page, which is obviously the most used page. So then I toyed around with adding columns, but no matter what I tried on mobile it made the display unusable. So here's what I'm thinking: turning the "Tune Options" column into "Attributes". If the tune is listed in the GTPlanet Tune Database I will simply list it as "GTP Database Tune" in the Attributes. If it is not, I will list any special attributes to the tune (i.e. Rain, Nurburgring, suspension tuning only, etc) should they exist. That way people can use the filter function to filter and select GTPlanet Database tunes only, should they so desire. Plus it will call out tunes in the GTPlanet Tuning Database, which is the original point too. Anyway, feel free to let me know what you think.

Cheers!

XS
Hey guys, I could use you input. So I've been tossing around ideas about how to incorporate tunes which are listed in GTPlanet's own Database into the Directory. Jordan has said that he doesn't mind if there's carry-over, however I would still like to pay tribute to Jordan's work with the GTPlanet Tuning Database. At first I thought about creating an entirely separate page with those tunes, however the more I thought about it the more I thought it would be unfair that those tunes and tuners may not receive as much traffic in the Directory as the tunes/tuners listed in the "Main" page, which is obviously the most used page. So then I toyed around with adding columns, but no matter what I tried on mobile it made the display unusable. So here's what I'm thinking: turning the "Tune Options" column into "Attributes". If the tune is listed in the GTPlanet Tune Database I will simply list it as "GTP Database Tune" in the Attributes. If it is not, I will list any special attributes to the tune (i.e. Rain, Nurburgring, suspension tuning only, etc) should they exist. That way people can use the filter function to filter and select GTPlanet Database tunes only, should they so desire. Plus it will place emphasis on the GTPlanet Tuning Database, which is the original point too. Anyway, feel free to let me know what you think.

Cheers!
I completely support this.

I do have one small comment about your current webpage design. Your drop down menus all say "Pick a value" where a different message would be appropriate such as "Pick a brand" or "Pick a model"

I did this one a little while ago. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR T.C '05.
It's best on RM in my opinion but pretty solid on RS online. I'd be inclined to drop the PP down a bit for the RH tyres. Also I normally tune with minimal downforce to cut down the drag factor, so there's plenty to play around with if you'd like more. Might not be to you're liking, but you could give it a try. :)

XS
Hey guys, I could use you input. So I've been tossing around ideas about how to incorporate tunes which are listed in GTPlanet's own Database into the Directory. Jordan has said that he doesn't mind if there's carry-over, however I would still like to pay tribute to Jordan's work with the GTPlanet Tuning Database. At first I thought about creating an entirely separate page with those tunes, however the more I thought about it the more I thought it would be unfair that those tunes and tuners may not receive as much traffic in the Directory as the tunes/tuners listed in the "Main" page, which is obviously the most used page. So then I toyed around with adding columns, but no matter what I tried on mobile it made the display unusable. So here's what I'm thinking: turning the "Tune Options" column into "Attributes". If the tune is listed in the GTPlanet Tune Database I will simply list it as "GTP Database Tune" in the Attributes. If it is not, I will list any special attributes to the tune (i.e. Rain, Nurburgring, suspension tuning only, etc) should they exist. That way people can use the filter function to filter and select GTPlanet Database tunes only, should they so desire. Plus it will call out tunes in the GTPlanet Tuning Database, which is the original point too. Anyway, feel free to let me know what you think.

Cheers!
Hey XS, been a while. I hope you are well and life it treating you kindly :)

The attributes column sounds like a good idea to me 👍

No sir. I haven't been able to update in the last 7 days. I quit my job and start a new one monday, so much stress and little time as of late. I'm hoping things smooth out soon. I need to revise all the sheets for the atributes column before I continue updating. I anticipate that task taking about 8 hours to complete. Thanks for checking in!

Cheers

XS
No sir. I haven't been able to update in the last 7 days. I quit my job and start a new one monday, so much stress and little time as of late. I'm hoping things smooth out soon. I need to revise all the sheets for the atributes column before I continue updating. I anticipate that task taking about 8 hours to complete. Thanks for checking in!

Cheers
I hope your job transition went well! Have you gotten any spare time to update at all?

Back