GT6 Update 1.08 (Undocumented Changes in OP)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 474 comments
Did everything (seasonal of the new VGT included) and it was kind of fun for the two and a half hours of hot-lapping, watching all pictures and videos.

Sounds are oh well..."PD´s quality". The Kart sounds like the karts we already have, the F3 sounds quite similar to the X2014 Jr, and the Lotus 97T sounds average, is not as boring as I expected but nothing impressive at all as someone said. (nothing like in the trailer of course)
Then as usually when you start the engine it sounds like the real deal (at the garage).

The new Vision GT sounds like a RM and it is a very stable/easy to drive car.

The best thing of this update was the lap in the Lotus 97T at Brands Hatch. A little bit of a challenge but after some minutes once I could do a clean lap I did it. Though I had to say, I did it in a game with a G27, ABS 1 and using the shifters in my wheel...How in hell Ayrton managed to do that lap in real life, with manual shifter and no ABS in a massive turbocharged beast?...

Though I had to say, I did it in a game with a G27, ABS 1 and using the shifters in my wheel...How in hell Ayrton managed to do that lap in real life, with manual shifter and no ABS in a massive turbocharged beast?...

Though it only took a second attempt to beat the time with a DS3 controller, I felt that way too. Doing that in real life alone is crazy, let alone the time you lose with the gear shifting, lack of ABS and many of the factors that affect your time in real life as opposed to a perfect scenario in a game. Massive balls were required.

The update is complete, go !

I will realize challenges without ABS and manual transmission.

I want to beat on an equal footing against Ayrton Senna :cool:

Had a quick look and no new cars or tracks hidden in 1.08, the only change in the car list is the Ralt RT3 being renamed to West Surrey Racing, 1983 Ayrton Senna :(
New Vision GT car. 80s Monza and 80s Brands Hatch. Two variants of the 97T, the WSR R3, and the DAP Kart...... Whatchu talking bout Willis?

21 hours of updating. Thank you PD for one full day without online GT! How will I survive? I'm going to have to do this update over night and a day that I won't be using the Internet, this could take a while lol.

Anyways, I thought that the 981mb would include the Senna content, so why are they so big, is it just because of those HD videos? Or is it something else?

21 hours of updating. Thank you PD for one full day without online GT! How will I survive? I'm going to have to do this update over night and a day that I won't be using the Internet, this could take a while lol.

Anyways, I thought that the 981mb would include the Senna content, so why are they so big, is it just because of those HD videos? Or is it something else?

Its got nothing to do with PD if you are on dialup which is the only possible explanation for what you are saying.

Poop, it froze while updating and now i'm going though a "checking and restoring file system..." thing.

If I'm right you can skip that file system thing if it takes you a long time. When it comes up, just press 'circle' and it's back to normal. Although I'm not sure how bad that is for the playstation :/

Its got nothing to do with PD if you are on dialup which is the only possible explanation for what you are saying.

Oh, I know it's not PD's fault. I'm on vodafone broadband, but that is like really really slow where I live.

Last edited by a moderator:
1476MB...30Mbit/s...:D... equals 8 minutes.
This is the slowest internet connection my provider offers in Holland. :D
everything is very fast now compared to 56k modems of 15 years ago.

Downloading while doing other things, so I dont waste time.

This is totally insignificant but something I noticed; the font for the tires in the tuning sheet has now been bolded/increased, and slightly moved.

c035e151-0cb2-414e-bdd3-a0e078087139_zps97d8e6d3.jpg

13f6b9e0-0ee6-466f-b437-6ed84f5d3239_zps43bbf8d7.jpg

Whats the 80's Brands like guys? Have they re-profiled any corners (specifically Graham Hill and Dingle Dell) or have they just changed the look of buildings etc? Tarmac run-off at Paddock Hill?

Edit: Just seen the lap around Indy. Hmm, Graham Hill has been re-profiled :) but everything else looks the same :boggled:

maybe your government should waste mones on shark hunting and build some infrastructure instead^^

25mbits here in germany, ~12min download and 2 min installation(ssd).

the formel 3 car is a blast and the sound(although bad sampled) quite entertaining.

80s brandshatch looks... wierd with old corner design meeting the new buildings...

Whats the 80's Brands like guys? Have they re-profiled any corners (specifically Graham Hill and Dingle Dell) or have they just changed the look of buildings etc? Tarmac run-off at Paddock Hill?

Edit: Just seen the lap around Indy. Hmm, Graham Hill has been re-profiled :) but everything else looks the same :boggled:

The GP course has a few changes as well.

It's still better than not having it. Personally, I don't tend to spend much time looking at the buildings when racing, I tend to focus on the track and they got that part right so I'm quite happy. Would have been nice to see the period-correct scenery? Sure. Is having modern buildings there going to prevent me from enjoying the hell out of the new track layouts? No f'ing way, I'm mega chuffed that we have new options to enjoy (regardless of what the buildings look like).

Back