GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
First off, I apologise for adding to the clutter in this thread. Now that that's out of the way...

Go in an online lobby and race the 97T, then marvel at all the glitches and slowdown when 13 or more cars are on track.
That also happens with vaccum cleaner cars. More than 10 people in a lobby and weird stuff happens.
Indeed, servers have been really bad since 1.08. 1.09 only added to the trouble.

I see what you're getting at now. The red posts would make sense.

@Jordan
I've got an idea for :gtplanet:. Maybe, the OP creator for a thread would be allowed to edit the posts contained within the thread he created. Could that happen?
as a moderator on another site, I don't think this would be possible without giving you privileges (mod or admin).

Fully on-topic, ghosts are actually screwed up now, they don't start when you pass the finish line.

Indeed, servers have been really bad since 1.08. 1.09 only added to the trouble.

as a moderator on another site, I don't think this would be possible without giving you privileges (mod or admin).

Fully on-topic, ghosts are actually screwed up now, they don't start when you pass the finish line.

That ghost things isn't new, I've been experiencing this for a while now, even before this update. It happens randomly too, you just placed a time and went off track so you restart and when you pass the finish line no ghost and on the OSC map nothing, restart again and there it is all of a sudden. Happened a few times during the GT Academy Spa TT, was a little annoying but I got past it by pressing show ghost button on a lap to actually visibly see the ghost then off then on again. Then restart and it shouldn't plague you for that but not sure if this is a fix for that stint or not.

@SavageEvil
it's a different problem then, my ghost (or my friends') are always there, they just start before the start/finish line, so unless you cross it right at the same time, the intererest of the ghost is lost.

@meek Ok, that is definitely new to 1.09. I was just doing the Nur TT with that Lexus and i noticed that the ghost started almost right at the chicane leading up to the start/finish straight and I haven't passed the start line yet. Not that I find it annoying it's actually interesting and possibly that this was always the case but the ghost isn't visible until you hit the start/finish line.

That second part I'm not certain about, but I thought I was going nuts as I was sure that the ghost line appeared before I got to the start/finish line and that same old missing ghost from 1.08 is still doing the rounds. Can you explain in detail what you mean by "unless you cross it right at the same time the interest of the ghost is lost"? I'm not at the console so I can't check but if you detail it someone else might be able to give it the check to verify.

@SavageEvil I noticed this today. Basically the line is no longer an indication of how much slower/faster your lap time is to your friends because it starts when it says 'go', not when you cross the line, which is obviously where the clock starts. If you stop before the start line for 10 seconds then your friend's line will be 10 seconds ahead of you, and if you then complete the seasonal 1 second faster than your friend, his line will reach the finish line 9 seconds ahead of you if that makes sense. If you sat at the chicane for 10 minutes instead of doing a lap, you'd probably see your friends ghost line come past you. This is definitely a bug and not supposed to happen

Is the OP of undocumented changes ever going to get updated again :confused:.

I mentioned quite a bit back about the Nurb 24 Min race being brighter, but nothing has been updated in the OP about this and also any other undocumented changes that is lost in all the general chit chat.

I think this thread should be locked as it serves no real purpose if it's not going to be updated again.

Is the OP of undocumented changes ever going to get updated again :confused:.

I mentioned quite a bit back about the Nurb 24 Min race being brighter, but nothing has been updated in the OP about this and also any other undocumented changes that is lost in all the general chit chat.

I think this thread should be locked as it serves no real purpose if it's not going to be updated again.

Sorry, I'm on vacation. I'll update the OP in just a few minutes for you.

Last edited:
@meek Ok, that is definitely new to 1.09. I was just doing the Nur TT with that Lexus and i noticed that the ghost started almost right at the chicane leading up to the start/finish straight and I haven't passed the start line yet. Not that I find it annoying it's actually interesting and possibly that this was always the case but the ghost isn't visible until you hit the start/finish line.

That second part I'm not certain about, but I thought I was going nuts as I was sure that the ghost line appeared before I got to the start/finish line and that same old missing ghost from 1.08 is still doing the rounds. Can you explain in detail what you mean by "unless you cross it right at the same time the interest of the ghost is lost"? I'm not at the console so I can't check but if you detail it someone else might be able to give it the check to verify.
It's because of how those events are done.

I've added two more items to the OP. I'm going to add more later.
Edit: Undocumented Changes are now divided into to major and minor sections.

Last edited:
you mean it's just for the two new seasonals (Nurb and Le Mans) ?
it's possible, I haven't compared ghosts anywhere else recently.
It's probably going to be like that for any time trial super lap that's a one lap and done deal.

I find it annoying that it forces you to do one lap like that. I'd rather it be open like the previous time trials had been.

And yet, cars like the Redbull and the Senna's F1 sound great by comparison the other 98%. So what, on those cars, the memory mysteriously increases?

I addressed that twice with two different possible explanations. Do you need three?

Online races have the default view of interior.

Nurbugring 24hr is brighter

Racing Wheels have frequent errors due to the new physics

Hmm... So i can now see a race from the inside of a race? Interesting. Seriously what do you mean? I've raced online since the patch, nothing changed. I certainly was not put into in car view nor was anyone else I raced with.

The ring24 is brighter now? Like does it smile more or is it identical but the whether has changed? I did a 10 lap race there last night and none of us noticed anything different...? Actually it was quite dark towards the end, I thought it was going to rain.

And what kind of error can a racing wheel have? How do you know when they have an error and how can physics cause an error? << really confusing.

Last edited:
I don't know how much trouble it would be but it would be nice to have links to the actual posts that mention the undocumented changes in these threads. Sometimes it's hard to tell just what they mean out of context.
Like what is "Racing Wheels have frequent errors due to the new physics"? Without the post detailing the issue I have no idea what that's referring to.

Edit: kinda funny what I said goes along with the guy above me.

The only bug I've had with my wheel is not being able to look behind me after a race start, until after I cycle through the camera angles.

I addressed that twice with two different possible explanations. Do you need three?

Hmm... So i can now see a race from the inside of a race? Interesting. Seriously what do you mean? I've raced online since the patch, nothing changed. I certainly was not put into in car view nor was anyone else I raced with.

The ring24 is brighter now? Like does it smile more or is it identical but the whether has changed? I did a 10 lap race there last night and none of us noticed anything different...? Actually it was quite dark towards the end, I thought it was going to rain.

And what kind of error can a racing wheel have? How do you know when they have an error and how can physics cause an error? << really confusing.

I'm with you on those, especially the wheel one, mine has been working fine, no errors here. Also, I am not understanding this one:

•Pedal Sensitivity has been adjusted to use nearly 100% pedal travel

My pedals have always worked in this manner, nothing has changed. G27 pedal set. I think if he is going to add these undocumented changes to the OP, there needs to be some kind of explanation and/or proof.

@TheProRacer

Nürburg 24' races:

- Since 1.09 spray finally appeared, was really good and realistic on day 1.
Since day 2 however, it is too bright and you clearly see several parellel horizontal lines from the road to about half the car height up.

- Starting sequence: before 1.09 you would see half of the pack accelerate on the starting line. Now it has been zoomed in a lot and you just see the car in front of you and your own.
Your car now has no headlights on, they light up once you leave the first corner.

- headlights: after the first corner everything is like before the update, but only during lap 1 and 2 and a good part of the final lap. From then on the headlights constantly go on and off, no matter which position you set them. It seems to affect all cars, at least I noticed it on 12 different ones.
Also the Lexus seasonal suffered the same bug.

Almost forgot: some cars produce sparkles when starting to go uphill...👍

Last edited:
Like the guys above me said, you need to be very specific, @TheProRacer.
Another idea (I told you I'm an idea man!): Just link to the post where the undocumented change was brought up. Not only will that clarify any confusion, but it also puts the burden of proof on the original poster of the change. And as you can see by my use of a hyperlink, it is quite easy to do. Just highlight each undocumented change, click the hyperlink button, and copy/paste the URL of the post where it was mentioned.

Did anyone else think the lighting and the sky at the Nurburgring 24h looked completely different? The lights seemed to have a much bigger and smoother 'glow' area around them, the clouds seemed to become more numerous as time passed, and there was an actual sunrise with an orange glow tinging the clouds, not just a sudden transition from dark to grey to daylight.

Last edited:
Haven't read every post but its not in the op..in an online lobby, race countdown timer can be seen from the settings menu...no more missed race starts..lol.. :D

Not sure if this is the right place to bring this up, but did anyone look for or find any hidden content from the last patch? Obviously, aside from the credits for the Aston Martin and Subaru VGTs.

Back