GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
Did anyone else think the lighting and the sky at the Nurburgring 24h looked completely different? The lights seemed to have a much bigger and smoother 'glow' area around them, the clouds looked seemed to become more numerous as time passed, and there was an actual sunrise with an orange glow tinging the clouds, not just a sudden transition from dark to grey to daylight.

I noticed the HUGE screen filling sunrise, but honestly I could not say if it was always like that or not.

Off topic:

butts.png

I was really confused why you were talking about your butt, then I was confused why it was plural. Then I realized I had installed Cloud to Butt Plus.

Hmm... So i can now see a race from the inside of a race? Interesting. Seriously what do you mean? I've raced online since the patch, nothing changed. I certainly was not put into in car view nor was anyone else I raced with.
I've only race at the new track since the update, but every single car out of at least 15 I've tried, defaults to the cockpit view on the starting grid, regardless of what view you were using in practice/qualifying. This is new, before you always started with the same view you used prior to lining up on the grid. It can be adjusted while the countdown progresses using the select button.

Alright everyone. I've added more UDC's to the OP, in a better form. I will do the hyperlinks to posts in a future update!
:lol:, I'll link them soon!

:cheers:

When racing online, you begin the race in interior view.

This is so incredibly annoying! Why on earth did PD think it would be a good idea to force this upon us? Just when you though they can't get any dumber, they surprise you again.

So now everyone who doesn't drive in interior view is having to go through a series of button presses every time they start the race. UNBELIEVABLE!

:banghead:

VBR
This is so incredibly annoying! Why on earth did PD think it would be a good idea to force this upon us? Just when you though they can't get any dumber, they surprise you again.

So now everyone who doesn't drive in interior view is having to go through a series of button presses every time they start the race. UNBELIEVABLE!

:banghead:
Everyone who drives in cockpit has to cycle the views as well because you cannot use the look behind view until you do.

I have noticed this only now, but has the Blinking HUD problem ( https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/blinking-hud-1-06-related.306712/ ) been resolved? I didn't notice any blinking since 1.09, but i'm not sure if this was already fixed in 1.08.

Also:
You can no longer zoom in on replays, unless in career mode.

This is has always been like this: you can zoom only in career and seasonal events.
You can zoom only on the automatic replay, not if you choose to see the replay again (I'm pretty sure of this because i love this feature and i use it all the time for fun).
Don't know about online racing, though,

@SavageEvil I noticed this today. Basically the line is no longer an indication of how much slower/faster your lap time is to your friends because it starts when it says 'go', not when you cross the line, which is obviously where the clock starts. If you stop before the start line for 10 seconds then your friend's line will be 10 seconds ahead of you, and if you then complete the seasonal 1 second faster than your friend, his line will reach the finish line 9 seconds ahead of you if that makes sense. If you sat at the chicane for 10 minutes instead of doing a lap, you'd probably see your friends ghost line come past you. This is definitely a bug and not supposed to happen

It is a bit love hate for me, because with the new lines you can see how fast your friends went into the final corner and/or start - finish straight before the lap starts to see if you are on pace with them at the start. On the other hand it is very annoying for the very reasons you mentioned.

I have noticed this only now, but has the Blinking HUD problem ( https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/blinking-hud-1-06-related.306712/ ) been resolved? I didn't notice any blinking since 1.09, but i'm not sure if this was already fixed in 1.08.

Also:

This is has always been like this: you can zoom only in career and seasonal events.
You can zoom only on the automatic replay, not if you choose to see the replay again (I'm pretty sure of this because i love this feature and i use it all the time for fun).
Don't know about online racing, though,

Definitely not I only really play in free run aka hot laps and the day before this update I was zooming in on the cars

It is a bit love hate for me, because with the new lines you can see how fast your friends went into the final corner and/or start - finish straight before the lap starts to see if you are on pace with them at the start. On the other hand it is very annoying for the very reasons you mentioned.
it's just for the two new seasonals (Nurb and Le Mans), besides these, ghosts work like before.

I use cockpit 99% of the time, don't matter :lol:
have you even paid attention to the thread? even if you use cockpit, you still have to cycle through views to be able to look behind... like someone said it's a lose-lose situation.

it's just for the two new seasonals (Nurb and Le Mans), besides these, ghosts work like before.

have you even paid attention to the thread? even if you use cockpit, you still have to cycle through views to be able to look behind... like someone said it's a lose-lose situation.

I don't have rear view mapped on my controller, only side to side with the right stick, I used the mirrors and the new GT6 position indicator. I have no issues so far.

Back