GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
i don't know whether it was this update or the 1.08 because i haven't had much time to play lately, but something must have changed with the steering wheel/driving physics that gives you much more control or feeling when countersteering.

i'm driving with a g25 and up until now i could absolutely NEVER properly countersteer during drifting.
no matter what car, tyre, setup, weather, track, steering wheel setting, i could not go past a certain amount of drift angle. all my drifting was basically done with almost zero steering input and all throttle control. i actually had to keep the steering wheel mostly straight and could never recover smoothly from a drift or go from left hand drift directly into a right hand drift without lossing it.

but today, all of a sudden, i could just throw the car into corners with unknown precision, do massive drift angles, go full opposite lock, smoothly exit drifts and swing the car from left to right with a delight i have never experienced in gran turismo before. it was such a blast i couldn't stop doing it, while i giggled childishly and cried out in joy.

i just hope they never change that aspect again...

More Vision GT cars incoming.
out748.png

i don't know whether it was this update or the 1.08 because i haven't had much time to play lately, but something must have changed with the steering wheel/driving physics that gives you much more control or feeling when countersteering.

i'm driving with a g25 and up until now i could absolutely NEVER properly countersteer during drifting.
no matter what car, tyre, setup, weather, track, steering wheel setting, i could not go past a certain amount of drift angle. all my drifting was basically done with almost zero steering input and all throttle control. i actually had to keep the steering wheel mostly straight and could never recover smoothly from a drift or go from left hand drift directly into a right hand drift without lossing it.

but today, all of a sudden, i could just throw the car into corners with unknown precision, do massive drift angles, go full opposite lock, smoothly exit drifts and swing the car from left to right with a delight i have never experienced in gran turismo before. it was such a blast i couldn't stop doing it, while i giggled childishly and cried out in joy.

Is this serious?? I must find time with my DFGT tonight. I know the T500 changed, but didn't think it would have changed anything with other wheels. Can a DFGT owner report any changes?
I've never been able to drift with the wheel. Or even make a quick recovery of a car out of control. But I could do that for days with the sticks.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but has anyone else experienced the game freezing online frequently since the update? I just had the game freeze while trying to change some suspension settings. The menu opened fine and the game promptly froze. Also the servers seem to be more unstable since 1.09 was released, I've been noticing lots of lag spikes and disconnects. :(

Edit: Just froze again trying to load a room. Triple beep reset again, this can't be healthy for the PS3. :(

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but has anyone else experienced the game freezing online frequently since the update? I just had the game freeze while trying to change some suspension settings. The menu opened fine and the game promptly froze. Also the servers seem to be more unstable since 1.09 was released, I've been noticing lots of lag spikes and disconnects. :(
This has been reported a few times. There's even a thread about it here.

Nürburgring 24':

Opening sequence:
Zoomed in, crossing the start line you can see only two cars, yours and the one in front of you. Before the update, half the field was shown.

Headlights
:
OFF at the start and they turn on after the first corner. They used to on from the start.
During the third lap, they switch off and on, seemingly every time at the same places (different cars)

Spray:
Pretty weird looking as opposed to yesterday. There are visible horizontal lines now, and it is much brighter.

Force feedback (T500RS):
Has changed (is mentioned in OP), but not completely in the good sense. Before the update you could let go of the steering wheel on the long straight. Better not risk it now. It starts shaking and you loose the car. Happens not every time though.
All cars feel a lot more "loose"

Edit: Just froze again trying to load a room. Triple beep reset again, this can't be healthy for the PS3. :(

I had this problem before 1.09, suddenly the sound mute and the game freeze. This also happens when i am seeing some saved replays of online races.

I don't know where to put this because its not a bug, just a misrepresentation. The measurements for ride height, length, width, and height are all labeled as inches and not millimeters. I have the ntsc-u GT6

I don't know where to put this because its not a bug, just a misrepresentation. The measurements for ride height, length, width, and height are all labeled as inches and not millimeters. I have the ntsc-u GT6
My M5 is huge. It is over 400 feet long and 122 feet tall.

It is has been that way all along.

Nürburgring 24':

Opening sequence:
Zoomed in, crossing the start line you can see only two cars, yours and the one in front of you. Before the update, half the field was shown.
Headlights:
OFF at the start and they turn on after the first corner. They used to on from the start.
During the third lap, they switch off and on, seemingly every time at the same places (different cars)

Spray:
Pretty weird looking as opposed to yesterday. There are visible horizontal lines now, and it is much brighter.

Force feedback (T500RS):
Has changed (is mentioned in OP), but not completely in the good sense. Before the update you could let go of the steering wheel on the long straight. Better not risk it now. It starts shaking and you loose the car. Happens not every time though.
All cars feel a lot more "loose"

Is the tire smoke, sand and grass kicking up now on Nurb 24hr?

My M5 is huge. It is over 400 feet long and 122 feet tall.

It is has been that way all along.

They started fixing these numbers back in 1.08, as I was making fun of the Chrysler 300C in the COTW thread, quoting the 1.07 measurements. And yes they've all been converted to imperial vs. metric... but I just checked the BMW dealership for both M5's, and they're the proper measurements now for length, width and height, but in inches vs. millimeters.

The only thing in metric now is the weight, still measured in kilos... strange that they use both imperial and metric, they must be Canadian! :lol:

Cheers

Last edited:
I just sold one of my VW VGTs. Yep, it's the only VGT you can sell, at 300,000 credits.

I only need one, that's why...

I noticed tonight that it seems the reflections on doors and panels seem a bit better in replay photomode. Little more realistic.

Smoke also rolls off the tires more realistically now and anyone who says it's "thinner" hasn't seen my Trans-Am on track :sly:

i'm not sure about the replay views, i don't use that too much
but was there already two different angle inside view of the pilot ?

i finally found the indicator of the hybrid system of the toyota
it's a car indicator not a hud indicator ...
and as i'm using narrow view in cockpit view .. it was not displayed.
it's visible in normal view of cockpit view

online seems to be weirder
it started like this,
after training, the start was launched and i got the GT loading panel (so stuck in load)
the race started, we decided to launch the start again
nobody was able to exit before a few and maybe me too disconnected

come back into the lobby, doing the same training then start the race
after the countdown, i was still on the track (in training mode)
the other ones was seeing me on the first position of the grid but at that time i was on the opposite of the track continuing my training lap

then it's started to be funny, i exit the track, make a brake bias change
went back to the track and "i was in the race"
not really, i saw the other players in race mode, they saw me but i was still in training mode (no penalties, no race time)

i was pleased by the update but when i see the bad side of it, i wonder
is there an insider from an other company at PD braking it so badly that players will go upset and go away from GT ?
what's the hell with the default settings, it broke so bad all the good handling cars, racing most cars in "no tuning" is soooo ****ed now
and i don't talk about the T500RS, online experience, superlap seasonal, forcing view to cockpit at start, not remember abs, tcs settings ..

PoDi, it's time to look at your staff and drop the "bad guy(s)"
they try to kill GT or are too stupid to continue working for you

Last edited by a moderator:

Seriously?! Can't wait until I get home to try. I've struggled so hard with my g27 when drifting

Seriously?! Can't wait until I get home to try. I've struggled so hard with my g27 when drifting

Is this serious?? I must find time with my DFGT tonight. I know the T500 changed, but didn't think it would have changed anything with other wheels. Can a DFGT owner report any changes?
I've never been able to drift with the wheel. Or even make a quick recovery of a car out of control. But I could do that for days with the sticks.

please post your experiences. i'd like to know whether its true that something changed or its just my mind thats playing tricks or i hit an absolute sweet spot with setups suddenly... you never know in gt6.

Here you go. OP will be updated as needed.

Unknown Changes:

snipped

This is not a criticism of ProRacer. He or she has done a great job.

However, this thread has become very difficult to contribute to or manage as it has allowed general update chat too. This means everyone needs to wade through many more posts than is necessary before they can respond (or else they just contribute duplicates). Future creators of the update threads might like to consider the stricter @Johnnypenso method used for at least updates 1.06 and 1.07. General chat was in a "general" update thread. This kept the thread uncluttered, easier and quicker to manage with less wasted effort from contributors and the thread starter. It also made for a much better ongoing resource.

1.06 version
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-documented-changes-also-listed-in-op.306554/

1.07 version
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...d-sneak-peak-at-gta-final-round-in-op.308847/

Last edited:
Working position indicator lights on side of LMP cars, showing if car is currently running first, second or third.
Changes in real time instead of start/finish line update as in real life.

Been like that since launch, I noticed it on the 15th anniversary R18.

First off, I apologise for adding to the clutter in this thread. Now that that's out of the way...

And yet, cars like the Redbull and the Senna's F1 sound great by comparison the other 98%. So what, on those cars, the memory mysteriously increases?

Go in an online lobby and race the 97T, then marvel at all the glitches and slowdown when 13 or more cars are on track.

First off, I apologise for adding to the clutter in this thread. Now that that's out of the way...

Go in an online lobby and race the 97T, then marvel at all the glitches and slowdown when 13 or more cars are on track.

It's ok. I was saying it's cluttered due to it being a combination of a general chat thread AND a specific discussion about undocumented changes. Cluttered is fine when it's a general chat but makes it very difficult to work efficiently as an undocumented change log thread. I was saying it would be better to operate 2 threads like had been done before v1.08

It's ok. I was saying it's cluttered due to it being a combination of a general chat thread AND a specific discussion about undocumented changes. Cluttered is fine when it's a general chat but makes it very difficult to work efficiently as an undocumented change log thread. I was saying it would be better to operate 2 threads like had been done before v1.08

There was a discussion thread, but for some reason it got shuttered.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-1-09-discussion-thread.311604/

That also happens with vaccum cleaner cars. More than 10 people in a lobby and weird stuff happens.

Latest Posts

Back