GT6 v1.01 - details

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Tintorera, Dec 5, 2013.

1. DeolTheBeast

DeolTheBeast

Sat here laughing at that Willow Springs video - how stupid could PD be, you need some form of invisible barriers (even if they are some way infield) to stop people doing exactly what that dude was doing. Madness.

2. daus26

daus26

It's fine by me to be honest. Unless it's a worldwide competition for real life prizes or something that ruins our personal experience, we shouldn't care how people play the game.

3. gregorius93

gregorius93

anyone have a link to download the patch which working on GT6 us version viaPC? I need help :nervous:

4. 88GTA

88GTA

Nevermind

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  5. Evo10

Evo10

I like that too, I will drive an Toyota RSC and do some off-roads!! I do that at La Sarthe too, with the little track standing around the sands...

6. photonrider

photonrider

GT6 Cover says that required console hard drive space is only 256 MB. (To play the game.)
    Update V1.01 is 1207 MB.

Obviously the game can be played offline, then; but there is heavy encouragement to get online.

7. V12Flames

V12Flames

How much space does a full GT6 install take when installing off the disc?

8. dr_slump

dr_slump Premium

I hope this stuff doesn't work online, does it?

9. 4everdelayed

4everdelayed

Actually, games don't fit that definition. I was referring to cases where, for example, retailers sell things that were specifically not for sale.

I would actually not be so sure about the existing demand. Microtransactions are a way of generating revenue at virtually no cost. You pay them 50€ and in return a value is changed in the game. It's not a car or a track or additional features, it's a number. There's no risk involved for PD/Sony.

You've probably heard of those cases where assholes sell encyclopedias to the elderly. Well, microtransactions aren't really that different. It's high time someone has a good look at what the gaming industry (I include all free games for tablets or on facebook here) is doing. The difference is that they don't target old people but children. But anyway... I personally don't think that even the smallest demand justifies the value given to something so let's agree to disagree :p

10. photonrider

photonrider

Maybe someone who has already installed it can let us know? IIRC, GT5 required 8 GB.

11. khain

khain

I think I can't just make it install completely. From what I've noticed, the game install on demand while you're playing.

12. photonrider

photonrider

Installed Update 1.01 without a problem. Was not asked to install data on hard drive like we were prompted to in GT5.
    Went to Brands Hatch. Drove a Clio. Had a blast. Finally this game is behaving like the way I wanted it to behave when playing GT4.

Now it gave me credits and recommends I buy a Honda Fit. Role playing to the hilt, new stage name and all.

Thanks, Kaz. So far money well spent - though I spent the whole morning just turning the unopened package over and over in my hands, not sure what to expect and hoping to not be disappointed.

And having used up all my time that way . . . I now have to leave the game for about half-an-hour. Can't wait to get back to it. Huge difference in handling, graphical subjectivity, and most of all, so far, not sitting around resting my head on the wheel waiting for a menu to load.

13. Audi_MTM

Audi_MTM

Not during the download but when should start after installing it stucked. After a auto-reboot it worked well.

DCP likes this.
  14. Audi_MTM

Audi_MTM

I'm a disappointed how easy it is to win licens races. And this has absolutely nothing to do with my driving skills. Physics are just great, car behaves just like I expect. But I was gaining a 8 second gap easily in a one lap. I had Vette and the car I was "chasing" was M3 GTR. After I catch it, it easily followed me and almost overtake me before the finish line. Why is this kind of "error" let through? Error as I think it is. I hate that effect that was pretty common at the end of '90s. I haven't a lose single race this far. Way too easy. :|
    Messy writing, I hope you understand me. Please tell me your feelings about this.

15. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I flipped the Civic on the B License mission race a few times. The new physics are great!!

Audi_MTM, Morphisor, sk8er913 and 2 others like this.
  16. moron88

moron88

i hate the PP restrictions, but no were near as much as i hate the tire restrictions.

Evo10 likes this.
  17. sk8er913

sk8er913

With my connection. Im estimating it to take about 2 1/4 hours... :| 200 KBs for the win yay!

18. Morphisor

Morphisor

19. GTP_Yamicarlos

GTP_Yamicarlos

Sadly no interior for the vision gt mercedes car in my copy of the game. #p$4000_brazil

20. CoolColJ

CoolColJ

I just booted up Gt6 and it downloaded another small patch....

No version change

21. shirakawaa

shirakawaa Premium

The manual (from the Start button menu) includes the complete build number. Right now it's Ver. 1.01.69157022
    I wonder if it changed with the latest mini-patch.

22. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Anyone know what they're doing with these patches? They're quite small.

23. ildd

ildd

When I was at Willow Springs and fried cutting across (along with Brands) I got reset back to where I came from

24. Smeagol

Smeagol

I think they've altered dealership prices, I'm pretty sure the 2J was 4 million before this latest patch, now it's 4.5 million

25. opelman

opelman

there was little patch today too.

Audi_MTM likes this.
  26. Boabdulrahman

Boabdulrahman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that small patch added a couple of songs. I just heard "Moon Over The Castle" before entering a race.

27. Flying Scots

Flying Scots

Someone know what this small patch has added on the game?

28. play3man

play3man

Probably now will GT6 download all patches in-game without PS3 XMB?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  29. Flying Scots

Flying Scots

PP are still the same of yesteday?

30. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

No, only the big ones, that change the number will be XMB patches. Like the 1.02 patch or whatever it will be.

These small ones aren't changing the .0x number, but the numbers after that because they're only minor additions/tweaks/removals.

play3man likes this.