GT6 v1.01 - details

• Thread starter Tintorera
  • 368 comments
Sat here laughing at that Willow Springs video - how stupid could PD be, you need some form of invisible barriers (even if they are some way infield) to stop people doing exactly what that dude was doing. Madness.

It's fine by me to be honest. Unless it's a worldwide competition for real life prizes or something that ruins our personal experience, we shouldn't care how people play the game.

1. It's cool how much let us drive off the track
2. How'd someone find out about this?!
3. I hope they don't patch it lol
I like that too, I will drive an Toyota RSC and do some off-roads!! I do that at La Sarthe too, with the little track standing around the sands...

GT6 Cover says that required console hard drive space is only 256 MB. (To play the game.)
Update V1.01 is 1207 MB.

Obviously the game can be played offline, then; but there is heavy encouragement to get online.

truthfully, all games fit this definition. value is set by demand. they can charge $60 because we are willing to pay it. micro transactions were introduced because some people would rather waste their money and PD would like to have it. they wouldnt have bothered if there wasnt demand.
Actually, games don't fit that definition. I was referring to cases where, for example, retailers sell things that were specifically not for sale.

I would actually not be so sure about the existing demand. Microtransactions are a way of generating revenue at virtually no cost. You pay them 50€ and in return a value is changed in the game. It's not a car or a track or additional features, it's a number. There's no risk involved for PD/Sony.

You've probably heard of those cases where assholes sell encyclopedias to the elderly. Well, microtransactions aren't really that different. It's high time someone has a good look at what the gaming industry (I include all free games for tablets or on facebook here) is doing. The difference is that they don't target old people but children. But anyway... I personally don't think that even the smallest demand justifies the value given to something so let's agree to disagree :P

Installed Update 1.01 without a problem. Was not asked to install data on hard drive like we were prompted to in GT5.
Went to Brands Hatch. Drove a Clio. Had a blast. Finally this game is behaving like the way I wanted it to behave when playing GT4.

Now it gave me credits and recommends I buy a Honda Fit. Role playing to the hilt, new stage name and all.

Thanks, Kaz. So far money well spent - though I spent the whole morning just turning the unopened package over and over in my hands, not sure what to expect and hoping to not be disappointed.

And having used up all my time that way . . . I now have to leave the game for about half-an-hour. Can't wait to get back to it. Huge difference in handling, graphical subjectivity, and most of all, so far, not sitting around resting my head on the wheel waiting for a menu to load.

I'm a disappointed how easy it is to win licens races. And this has absolutely nothing to do with my driving skills. Physics are just great, car behaves just like I expect. But I was gaining a 8 second gap easily in a one lap. I had Vette and the car I was "chasing" was M3 GTR. After I catch it, it easily followed me and almost overtake me before the finish line. Why is this kind of "error" let through? Error as I think it is. I hate that effect that was pretty common at the end of '90s. I haven't a lose single race this far. Way too easy. :|
Messy writing, I hope you understand me. Please tell me your feelings about this.

where is the dislike button lol, took me about 1hr 10mins :( my internet is only just good enough to do online races, when its behaving lol

With my connection. Im estimating it to take about 2 1/4 hours... :| 200 KBs for the win yay!

GT6 first day patch v1.01 is live weighing in at 1207 MB

• Vision GT has been added to the home screen.
  • Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo is available as a gift car.
  • Online part has been modified on the home screen. 1.00 had 4 available online modes. Community, Open lobby, Quick Match and Seasonal events. In the 1.01 patch there is only Open lobby and Seasonal events in the online section on the home screen
  • GT game server is now online in Europe.
  • Car tuning menus has been updater to expand/collapse function.
  • Freshman Cup added to National B mode.
  • Gornergrat League added to National A mode.
  • Status screen has an updated layout.
  • Tyre type fitted to car is now displayed in lower left corner of race display when driving.
  • Setting limits for car tuning has been altered.
  • Deltawing added to the dealership
  • Prize cars added to various events. Open the event again to receive your prize if event is golded pre 1.01 patch.
  • Target times for some licence tests and "coffe break" events has been altered.
  • Tyre sound has been altered.
  • Online events are open for participants with International A licence or higher.

No official change log is available at the moment as the GT servers report to be under maintenance.

Sadly no interior for the vision gt mercedes car in my copy of the game. #p$4000_brazil

I just booted up Gt6 and it downloaded another small patch....

No version change
The manual (from the Start button menu) includes the complete build number. Right now it's Ver. 1.01.69157022
I wonder if it changed with the latest mini-patch.

When I was at Willow Springs and fried cutting across (along with Brands) I got reset back to where I came from

I think they've altered dealership prices, I'm pretty sure the 2J was 4 million before this latest patch, now it's 4.5 million

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that small patch added a couple of songs. I just heard "Moon Over The Castle" before entering a race.

Probably now will GT6 download all patches in-game without PS3 XMB?

No, only the big ones, that change the number will be XMB patches. Like the 1.02 patch or whatever it will be.

These small ones aren't changing the .0x number, but the numbers after that because they're only minor additions/tweaks/removals.

Back