GT6 v1.01 - details

• Thread starter Tintorera
  • 368 comments
I knew there was something up, differences between racing and drifting that is. But I also read somewhere that there were different sounds emitting from different tries, comfort, sports, racing. Anyone up for confirming this notion?

I heard somebody say it was specifically like that on comfort tires, it might be to do with differing compounds in the tire model what with the new partnership with Yokohama.

It just needs tweaking, it's headed in a better direction but I think they overdid it a little.

Unless you have a loud exhaust, on standard passenger cars I wouldn't expect to hear lots of engine noise while squealing the tires. If it's a loud tire and stock exhaust, many times the car's sound is completely drowned out.

If you guys want, I can try and peel out on my Yokohama YK580 tires tomorrow. Similar to Comfort Medium probably and tell you how they sound :lol:

I have Yokohama S-drive tires on my car. But I don't remember what they sounded like when I understeered :nervous: lol

I have Yokohama S-drive tires on my car. But I don't remember what they sounded like when I understeered :nervous: lol
The only time I've even heard the tires squeal is when it's a little wet outside ;) . I'll make sure to turn my music completely off this time though.

The only time I've even heard the tires squeal is when it's a little wet outside ;) . I'll make sure to turn my music completely off this time though.
Some tires do squeal on wet roads. ;)
They can also smoke while squealing on wet roads, without using brakes. (or by using the brakes too)

Does anyone know if it's possible to download the update onto my PS3 system before I've got the actual game?

I have read others saying no to that. Like gt5 updates (and all ps3 games), they show up for download when you boot the game.
Ahh right, that's too bad! Was hoping it would allow me to start the game quicker! Only 2 hours until the supermarket opens, gonna see if they have it! So excited!

When I turned on the game this morning it said it has to update. It was a small update but I don't know what it is :)

vb9c9.jpg

I think updates now are regionalized. Yesterday the 1.01 patch was realeased in some regions but here in Brazil not, at least, until today morning (we are -3 GMT), the one thing that got my attention was that under the game's name was a text (LATAM), which means Latin America. I don't know how is the rest of world, but here the servers are under maintenance. Maybe we're going to have regional multiplayer servers.

May be a good thing for latence issues, but can be a ****** thing when comes to updates and DLC as we always are let behind.

Can anybody confirm that now there aren't camera distance limits for photos of [formerly known as] Standard cars?

Good some of those prices for the cars were high.

Adaptive Tessellation the 2.

I noticed something interesting. When you race the XNR Ghia Roadster (you can win it pretty early in the game), you can see how the cockpit gets down sampled right in front of you eyes as soon as you get closer to other cars. Its a pretty smooth process and its mesmerizing to watch. But once seen, it can never be unseen! Once you gain some distance to the other cars, the cockpit gains polygons again. In replay mode on the other hand the cockpit is always smooth as silk. I wish I could make a video.

Back