GT6 v1.01 - details

• Thread starter Tintorera
  • 368 comments
Online leaderboards have been added to the license tests.
If you have already completed the test, the only way to update the time online is to re-enter the test and improv your best time.

Online leaderboards have been added to the license tests.
If you have already completed the test, the only way to update the time online is to re-enter the test and improv your best time.
There is really not any point that leaderboards are only in licence test. They should be also in time trial and free drive. Nice goin again PD.

The best thing that happened to this game (and to us, the players) in this 1.01 update/after this update, is that they´ve added new races/events in career mode!!! This means that throughout the whole 2014. year they´ll be adding races/events with new circuits (as DLC) in career mode and new circuits will be finally playable in career mode and not only in arcade mode & online! They can add 100+ races to career mode in 2014.!!! Great job PD!

How much space did the one car DLCs use in GT5? If they added 4 new cars (Deltawings and NSXs), we'll be able to estimate how much space did others things take up

Guys, do you think it's worth it to download the update if you're just gonna play offline for two weeks?

I'm a college student studying in the US now, and my PS3 is in my home country. I bought GT6 yesterday, and I plan to take it with me back home at December 16, to play it on my PS3. I only have around two weeks to play this game before I have to return to the US for the spring semester.

The problem is, the wireless Internet connection in my house isn't as fast as the one in the US. Combined with the fact that my PS3 does not receive a good wireless signal, (last time I checked, it was less than 50%) it could take up to ten hours to finish downloading the huge update. Getting my PS3 nearer to the modem isn't an option. If it's not gonna enhance the experience so much, then I think I'll not bother about the update. I'm afraid of my PS3 overheating - not to mention that it's also an early 60GB model from 2006. Also, I did not play GT5, so the comments about GT6 not being a huge improvement of the previous title do not bother me so much. I only played Gran Turismo 2, which is still one of my favorite games, and it's the main reason why I joined GTPlanet in the very first place, years ago.

Also, I'm not planning to take my PS3 to the US, or buy another one for me to play here. So, around two weeks of GT6 are just what I'm getting in the near future, before I make another return to my home country at the end of 2014.

Back