GT7/Any next GT expectations

• Thread starter o000o
  • 34 comments
Indonesia
Indonesia
What do you think the game will have? How many contents? How the career will play out? What traits will it have in its race gameplay? What non-racing features will be provided by the game? etc.

I think it'll have more cars than GT Sport. Maybe not that many to include a used car dealership, but more than what Kaz predicted GT Sort would end with.

More tracks as well. Beyond that, could be some of this some of that from past GT games.

I think it'll have more cars than GT Sport. Maybe not that many to include a used car dealership, but more than what Kaz predicted GT Sort would end with.

More tracks as well. Beyond that, could be some of this some of that from past GT games.
That would mean more than 500 cars.

Deep Forest should be in at least, since they've been working on it for a long while now.

That, and new Daiki Kasho music should be a surefire thing this time around, especially since I was the guy who spotted him going to Nightbird Studios last May on Facebook.

Other than that, everything else is up in the air. *shrug*

That would mean more than 500 cars.
Yes, just not with 10-20 duplicates of MX-5s, Skylines, etc., like past GT games(I doubt anywhere close to 1000 cars). So, it might not warrant a UCD.

Yes, just not with 10-20 duplicates of MX-5s, Skylines, etc., like past GT games(I doubt anywhere close to 1000 cars). So, it might not warrant a UCD.
I wouldn't mind some duplicates, as a car encyclopedia to get to know car versions, but GT5 went overboard with adding every regions of the same car. I would rather the Gr cars in GTS to be turned into Racing Modifications.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/duplicates-in-gt7.325202/

I just hope they prioritize tracks over cars. GT games from the past showed that a massive car list doesn't make a racing game great. I also expect them to do a much better job of sorting the cars instead of just trying to balance a bunch of different types of cars into a single category. This mostly applies to GR1 and the N categories.

Last edited:
When I play Assetto Corsa(PS4 & XB1) and PC2(XB1), the amount of tracks is not really important. AC has few tracks, but they have quality circuits(Imola, Catalunya, Magione, Mugello, Silverstone, Nurb layouts, RBR, Zandvoort, Vallelunga). Meanwhile PC2 have the most quality tracks on console(Algarve to Road America and everything inbetween).

It comes down to what options can be utilised, to keep me playing. I keep playing those two games because of the AI challenge, the car list and being able to race the way I want. Assigning cars to the AI(AC), mixing classes(PC2), doing a track day with F1 cars on the track together with Alfa GTVs(AC), re-creating ToD & weather transitions in a proper WEC Multi-class race at Fuji Speedway and a classic 1960s race at classic 1960s Spa(PC2).

If the Next GT only came with the tracks we have now, as long as it has the options like I mentioned above, there is infinite re-playability. Players can play the game however they wish to play. I feel that's paramount.

Ah bit more alive game... More custom cars more new cars race and street more tracks cars getting dirty wheels getting dirty etc more details..... Vetter chasecam that plays Nice for people like me that like that now it deels zo strange when the car breaks out....

It Definitely will have a proper career mode/single player.

Higher/proper difficulty levels for AI

More cars with a proper BOP/PP system

More car customization options but still staying away from the need to tune every car like GT6.

More/Better Online Lobby Settings to make them more competitive when creating Series & League's

Shuffle racing will be back

Used car dealership will be back

Livery editor 2.0

FIA/Sport Mode will continue to grow but I still don't see a penalty system working correctly at this time.

Graphics for GT7 will be something other console games can only dream about. Load times will be far better too.

Ah bit more alive game... More custom cars more new cars race and street more tracks cars getting dirty wheels getting dirty etc more details..... Vetter chasecam that plays Nice for people like me that like that now it deels zo strange when the car breaks out....

The near chase cam option is pretty good with sensitivity adjustment alike GT3 for most cars.

Definitely want to have the custom race options of Project Cars 2 with much stronger AI levels. Would be great to do 24 minute races at Le Mans with 60x time progressions and run through the night and have unexpected rain. May be too much to ask for but it would be incredible :bowdown:

Realistically it'll be GT Sport with fancier visuals, slightly better physics, bigger car and track count. Same boring career mode.

Hard to be disappointed when you expect the same thing. :D

o41nbpvtdrn31.jpg

Realistically it'll be GT Sport with fancier visuals, slightly better physics, bigger car and track count. Same boring career mode.

Hard to be disappointed when you expect the same thing. :D
I can not see a boring Career Mode in GT7 like the GT league in GT Sport, because GT Sport is not a numbered game.

I can not see a boring Career Mode in GT7 like the GT league in GT Sport, because GT Sport is not a numbered game.
The issue for me is the way events are no longer locked behind certain licenses and/or EXP/RP, and the slow AI. It lacks a sense of progression and challenge. If these issues are addressed in GT7 then it won't be boring to me.

Yeah? I don't get why chase cam is such an issue to people if they don't use it. Like the very existence of it ruffles some people's feathers. At the end of the day it's still a video game. Me? I tend to switch between all of them depending on my mood.

Last edited:
I don't know. Every GT career mode since GT5 has been boring to me. I've come to expect it.

The issue for me is the way events are no longer locked behind certain licenses and/or driver ranking/RP, and the slow AI. It lacks a sense of progression and challenge.

Yeah? I don't get why chase cam is such an issue to people if they don't use it. Like the very existence of it ruffles some people's feathers. At the end of the day it's still a video game. Me? I tend to switch between all of them depending on my mood.

When you watch someones replay in chase view it look like the car is anchored to the ground thru its trailer hitch ball. People can use whichever view they choose, I couldnt care less, the question is why though??

I like the GTPSP Cr. multiplier. I think it was when racing at Nurburgring, two or four laps was about 1 million Cr. That would vastly make Custom racing on par with rewards in GT League.

Back