GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

I've run all the license tests and missions since 1.31 and I'd say, on average there's no big difference regarding the difficulty level.
Some trials are a tad harder, some others a bit easier, basically depending on the car / track combo.
Last night I re ran the Alsace CE and again, it might be that specific car / track combo that isn't affected too much by the new physics, but within 40 minutes I was 0.2 short of my previous FL. As this was quite a bit quicker than gold already, I was perfectly ok with it and stopped practicing, however, I'm sure I would have beaten that old record.

I'm going with Pigems here :

😉
I can confirm Rocket Joes speed, I spent a good 2 months trying to beat many of his times (he is at the top on my friends list) I was able to get a few but for the most part I'm usually a couple tenths back, that was before the last physics update, I have looked at any CE times lately. Every one of the times is substantially faster than the example and required time for gold, the gold times could be dropped quite a bit if PD truly wanted to make them difficult.

I haven't added Rocket Joe on my friends list yet, must have an A or a B Driver rating since he's skilled and fast.
I'm skilled and fast ? How can you be so sure ? :lol:

I have a very low A rating. No idea what it could be, but I have stopped racing online a long time ago ( says the biggest Quick Match aficionado ever ) :D ... and I don't really care anymore.

Send a request and I'll gladly add you. :cheers:

The gold times are certainly difficult but not impossible by any means either. The point of the Circuit Experience is to thoroughly master a track and if it wasn’t difficult and required many tries then you haven’t mastered the track or driving in general. Racing is hard and dangerous in real life, I wouldn’t expect the game to be easy if it isn’t easy IRL.

I completed almost all on before the first physic update on DS4, some were hard and needed time and focus, and they should be hard in my opinion, booting up and expect to run gold in 4 runs isn't for the most of us, gold should be a high standard.
Tried a few after the updates but like as been said, for my feeling nothing much has changed for the difficulty level, you still need to put in work to get better simple as that.

Take an example out of the current time trials, i sometimes ( and a whole lot of guys here put insane hours in those aswell ) put hours and hours in to get better, if you then look at your first laps compared to the last once there is a huge difference, you got better, faster, know brakingpoints, where to lift and where not, you got to know the track better and the behaviour of the car.....

why?.......... you did some real practising nothing more nothing less.
And don't get me wrong, some are difficult!, and not everybody will get the gold.
But fact stays, time-efford=getting better.

Plus watching video's of other gold times on youtube should help a lot finding the right lines if you got trouble with them.

I don't mind CE being very difficult (for me), there is nothing unreachable behind those CEs, only credits and the satisfaction of having golded it. It does not unlock anything, not even a trophy. (There are 2 trophies that rely on CE, but you only need bronze to unlock them).

CE is another opportunity to learn a track and to work hard on every corner to imprint how you are supposed to go through it.

In my humble opinion, life is way WAAAY too short to be spending 8hrs a day or whatever trying to Gold these things. Any sort of time trial type of events gets boring and repetitive quick. After spending hours upon days upon weeks achieving a Gold on one or even a handful of CE events, you may feel a sense of reward and achievement for your hard work, but no one in your home, in your neighborhood, at your job, or even on the internet, is gonna care lol.

I'd rather utilize the game for the thing it was meant to do. Race against other cars and have FUN!

After spending hours upon days upon weeks achieving a Gold on one or even a handful of CE events, you may feel a sense of reward and achievement for your hard work, but no one in your home, in your neighborhood, at your job, or even on the internet, is gonna care lol.

I'd rather utilize the game for the thing it was meant to do. Race against other cars and have FUN!
Personal satisfaction is much more important, who care about the rest. If I ever beat my nemesis, the S10 licence, I will be deliriously happy, no one else will know or care, and that is just fine.

As for the last point, what the game is "meant to do" is up to each person. Some people just take photos or make liveries, some weirdos go drifting, some spend all their time tuning. Racing is just a small part, what is fun for you is not universal.

Man the hardest lap attacks for me are at LS, Bathhurst, Watkins Glen, Auto polis, Colorado Springs, Sardegna Windmills, Dragon- Seaside, Barcelona, spa, Sarthe, Grand Valley Highway, and Nürburgring Nord's.

Bathhurst: okay I have gotten 2'07.660, I almost achieved silver, but still there is work to be done. I saved the replay so you guys can look at it later. The downhill section can ruin my hot lap at times. The beginning two sectors is hard for me to grasp too. It's before the part where you slightly go uphill and take a right.

I went back and checked a lot of my gold times, and they're no longer good enough to get gold in the latest update. Tough for people that haven't completed them already. The first Tokyo one was the hardest by far for me, but I still have 3x left

Last edited:
Yeah, it seems like they made the Bathhurst gold times much harder and not fun. I redid Sector 1 and got under the gold time, but the rest I can barely get silver now. I saved a replay of my best lap time which was 2'07.660, so I'm at the cusp of getting silver.

Signed up to make this post!

Have been playing GT7 for roughly 7 weeks now, my first GT game since GT4!

I decided to give the circuit experiences a go after completing all the license tests - as a side note, these were way easier to gold than I remember from GT4, often completing them with just a few goes. This could be because I am using a wheel now instead of the godawful PS2 controller 🤷‍♂️

The CEs are infinately more challenging. Although some of them are pretty straightforward, the majority need some time to get the golds.

2 days ago I started the Tokyo Central CC, the day after getting the clockwise gold, which was my toughest gold up until now. Honestly, the central counter circuit is absolutely brutal. I think they could've easily made the gold time a 1.14.000. It would've still made it one of the most challenging CEs without it taking the hand-hurtingly, frustrating 6 hours it took me to complete. Looking at the top 10 times in the world, only the number 1 driver has beaten the time set by the demo, roughly 1.7 seconds quicker than the gold time.

The unique experience I had with this track was there was never a specific sector or part of the circuit where I thought "This is where I'm losing the time", it was always a hundreth here or maybe a tenth there. There's also the fact that when the TT begins, the 3-2-1 Start is in the way of me seeing the 1st corner, so I always seemed to end up rushing my downshifts. My thought was "Do they even play test these?". Then, every 5th or so time of hitting the wall, I'd get Sarah's patronizing "Well Done!....." message.

In the end I didn't celebrate, just relieved to get it behind me.

This is the 3 minute gameclip of me eventually doing it:

I have been approaching the CEs by completing the full lap first and then the individual sectors. I watched a YouTube tips video (Rory Alexander, I think) who suggested that this was the best way to do it, and I found this mostly to be the case (my exception to this will be the Nord, when I get around to it). Quite often I've found that the individual sectors are not representative of doing the actual lap through that sector as they tend to start you off at a different speed. This changes braking points and sometimes gear choices making some of them virtually useless for the 1 lap attacks. I've also found that some of the sector challenges are set at a different time of day!

With this in mind, this was my first attempt at the final sector at Barcelona :lol:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230820143401.jpg

Anyways, I know this seems like a rant, but it isn't (just getting that Tokyo CE off my chest). I am thoroughly engrossed in GT7 (130 hours in) and is genuinely one of my most enjoyable experiences with a driving game.

Just 2x Tokyo circuits, Bathurst and Nordschleife CEs left to do!

Ral
Signed up to make this post!

Have been playing GT7 for roughly 7 weeks now, my first GT game since GT4!

I decided to give the circuit experiences a go after completing all the license tests - as a side note, these were way easier to gold than I remember from GT4, often completing them with just a few goes. This could be because I am using a wheel now instead of the godawful PS2 controller 🤷‍♂️

The CEs are infinately more challenging. Although some of them are pretty straightforward, the majority need some time to get the golds.

2 days ago I started the Tokyo Central CC, the day after getting the clockwise gold, which was my toughest gold up until now. Honestly, the central counter circuit is absolutely brutal. I think they could've easily made the gold time a 1.14.000. It would've still made it one of the most challenging CEs without it taking the hand-hurtingly, frustrating 6 hours it took me to complete. Looking at the top 10 times in the world, only the number 1 driver has beaten the time set by the demo, roughly 1.7 seconds quicker than the gold time.

The unique experience I had with this track was there was never a specific sector or part of the circuit where I thought "This is where I'm losing the time", it was always a hundreth here or maybe a tenth there. There's also the fact that when the TT begins, the 3-2-1 Start is in the way of me seeing the 1st corner, so I always seemed to end up rushing my downshifts. My thought was "Do they even play test these?". Then, every 5th or so time of hitting the wall, I'd get Sarah's patronizing "Well Done!....." message.

In the end I didn't celebrate, just relieved to get it behind me.

This is the 3 minute gameclip of me eventually doing it:

I have been approaching the CEs by completing the full lap first and then the individual sectors. I watched a YouTube tips video (Rory Alexander, I think) who suggested that this was the best way to do it, and I found this mostly to be the case (my exception to this will be the Nord, when I get around to it). Quite often I've found that the individual sectors are not representative of doing the actual lap through that sector as they tend to start you off at a different speed. This changes braking points and sometimes gear choices making some of them virtually useless for the 1 lap attacks. I've also found that some of the sector challenges are set at a different time of day!

With this in mind, this was my first attempt at the final sector at Barcelona :lol:

View attachment 1284095

Anyways, I know this seems like a rant, but it isn't (just getting that Tokyo CE off my chest). I am thoroughly engrossed in GT7 (130 hours in) and is genuinely one of my most enjoyable experiences with a driving game.

Just 2x Tokyo circuits, Bathurst and Nordschleife CEs left to do!

Hey, can you post any other CE's that you thought were the hardest here, I thought the Tokyo Central for both Central and Counterclockwise was a pain in the rear end. I still have not golded the lap, still at bronze. What makes it harder is the disqualification rules. You have to use caution not to hit the wall there or else the lap is ruined and you're screwed and have to start over. So I definitely need some help here. And Watkins Glen lap attack is a beast too. So is the barcelona one with the Huracan.

Hey, can you post any other CE's that you thought were the hardest here, I thought the Tokyo Central for both Central and Counterclockwise was a pain in the rear end. I still have not golded the lap, still at bronze. What makes it harder is the disqualification rules. You have to use caution not to hit the wall there or else the lap is ruined and you're screwed and have to start over. So I definitely need some help here. And Watkins Glen lap attack is a beast too. So is the barcelona one with the Huracan.
Yep, you're right about the Tokyo Central, both are a pain. Clockwise is slightly easier, I'd say.
Tokya East (the one with the Z4) wasn't too easy either, I found the clockwise circuit the hardest. The other 2 Tokya tracks are very easy, with the counter being slightly more challenging.

As for the other tracks:

Americas

I had tough time with the rally tracks, although I enjoyed them immensly. I would say the Colorado Springs was the hardest of the 2 to gold. Willow Springs with the Mustang was a horrible experience as was Watkins Glen. That took me about 3 hours to gold and I hated every minute of it. Odious circuit
Daytona and Laguna Seca took me a while, but I really enjoyed the experience - I love these 2 circuits.

Europe

Barcelona is another circuit I dislike. It didn't take me a particulalry long time to do, but it wasn't enjoyable. Brands Hatch was tricky to gold the full lap as was Deep Forest, as well as Sector 2 in that R8. Circuit de la Sarthe took the longest time, probably about 3 hours or so, but I love the cicuit so it was enjoyable.
I have just completed the Nordschleife (today) and I didn't find it too difficult, although it's not a track I particularly enjoy and the BMW is horrid. I did the gold sectors and a silver full course time in a 2 hour sitting yesterday, then got the gold full course earlier today.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230902135558.jpg

I only just scraped the 1st sector though:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230901224538.jpg

Asia

As mentioned earlier, Tokyo Central and East are, in my humble opinion, the most difficult circuits to gold, and in particular Central CC. Autopolis took me a while (maybe 2-3 hours) and it's definately a tricky one to piece together. High Speed Ring also took me a while on the full lap. I have always struggled with Fuji's final sector, but I think the gold time there is pretty generous, so not too challenging. I am yet to do Bathurst (my final CE left), so no opinion on that one yet.

Any circuits I haven't mentioned were either pretty straighforward or not particlarly memorable. If you need specific advice on getting golds on particular cicuits, I can maybe help but I am an average driver (DR C). You are probably better off getting advice from one of the more skillful racers on here.

Ral
Yep, you're right about the Tokyo Central, both are a pain. Clockwise is slightly easier, I'd say.
Tokya East (the one with the Z4) wasn't too easy either, I found the clockwise circuit the hardest. The other 2 Tokya tracks are very easy, with the counter being slightly more challenging.

As for the other tracks:

Americas

I had tough time with the rally tracks, although I enjoyed them immensly. I would say the Colorado Springs was the hardest of the 2 to gold. Willow Springs with the Mustang was a horrible experience as was Watkins Glen. That took me about 3 hours to gold and I hated every minute of it. Odious circuit
Daytona and Laguna Seca took me a while, but I really enjoyed the experience - I love these 2 circuits.

Europe

Barcelona is another circuit I dislike. It didn't take me a particulalry long time to do, but it wasn't enjoyable. Brands Hatch was tricky to gold the full lap as was Deep Forest, as well as Sector 2 in that R8. Circuit de la Sarthe took the longest time, probably about 3 hours or so, but I love the cicuit so it was enjoyable.
I have just completed the Nordschleife (today) and I didn't find it too difficult, although it's not a track I particularly enjoy and the BMW is horrid. I did the gold sectors and a silver full course time in a 2 hour sitting yesterday, then got the gold full course earlier today.

View attachment 1284665

I only just scraped the 1st sector though:

View attachment 1284660

Asia

As mentioned earlier, Tokyo Central and East are, in my humble opinion, the most difficult circuits to gold, and in particular Central CC. Autopolis took me a while (maybe 2-3 hours) and it's definately a tricky one to piece together. High Speed Ring also took me a while on the full lap. I have always struggled with Fuji's final sector, but I think the gold time there is pretty generous, so not too challenging. I am yet to do Bathurst (my final CE left), so no opinion on that one yet.

Any circuits I haven't mentioned were either pretty straighforward or not particlarly memorable. If you need specific advice on getting golds on particular cicuits, I can maybe help but I am an average driver (DR C). You are probably better off getting advice from one of the more skillful racers on here.
Wow, congratulations on that 5M lap! I'm hoping to get there one day. I will have to ask a pro who is really skilled there what their best braking points and driving lines are for the track.

Anyone else having trouble getting gold at new snow track?
I'm finding it difficult, with 1:43.561 best time, which is second and half from gold.

I'm finding it difficult, with 1:43.561 best time, which is second and half from gold.
To be honest no. I did it fairly easy with a bit of practice-fails to get used to the track / car. You have to slide there a lot but not to much so you lose speed.

Last edited:
I found that to get gold, for the wider bends e.g the first one, you want to stay quite wide and reduce your slide as you go around and almost start moving in a straighter line to get the exit speed.

For the tighter bends, get closer to the inside as possible but not mashing the throttle as much and trying to get a wider exit - for this one, I find the exit speed is crucial for getting gold.

Perhaps in your case, you are losing too much speed on the sliding.

I tried the first sector 2-3 times Friday, I gave up for now, the way the car runs on the track is really tricky.

I found that to get gold, for the wider bends e.g the first one, you want to stay quite wide and reduce your slide as you go around and almost start moving in a straighter line to get the exit speed.

For the tighter bends, get closer to the inside as possible but not mashing the throttle as much and trying to get a wider exit - for this one, I find the exit speed is crucial for getting gold.

Perhaps in your case, you are losing too much speed on the sliding.
More than the 1 lap attack, I struggled more with Sector 3 test which kind of has the spoon curve of Suzuka. It is tough overall but not impossible. I'm just average so being humble in saying this.

Yeah, I mean time, practice and perseverance is the main key for beating the gold times. That's what I'm having to learn here.

Last edited:
Yeah, I find the circuit experience for the new snow track annoying. I dislike rallying in GT in general, so I find the circuit experiences and licenses that involve rallying more of a chore to do for completion than actually something enjoyable. I don't like the rallying physics, and I've never really gotten to grips with them. One of the new Master S license tests is on that track as well, and it took me about as long to get gold on that single test as it took for me to get gold on all the rest of the Master S license tests combined, including the final exam. I found that it was easier to switch to the Dual Sense rather than using the wheel, like the drifting in this game.

just got in to circuit experinces again now they are worth at least got silver and gold to improve payouts for custom races, they are much harder than the ones in gt sport for sure,

I was surprised to see I haven't completed any layout of the Tokyo Expressway. The first layout (Central Clockwise) is exactly the same layout that was used in the TT recently with the Honda Civic car. The difference being it's day time.

Finding it hard to Gold but will keep trying. It's not impossible but hard for sure.

Back