GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

Now I have gold on all Trial Mountain stages except the full lap! Using a DS5 and still 0.3-0.4 seconds from gold time, I have tried for many hours and hundreds or thousands of attempts. Is it much easier with a steering wheel and which wheel is the best one to achieve the best times?
A wheel is not necessarily easier, it’s just different, maybe a bit more natural feeling. It definitely makes the game more enjoyable, 100%. But there’s a learning curve when coming from a pad for most people.

Golded my last CE yesterday. Never got around to doing the rally ones as not a fan but wanted the money so golded them all yesterday.

Some of them we kinda interesting as I was changing the dif live to help at certain points. Some needed more rear bias to help the slide and some needed more front to help pull the car thru some of the slower corners.

THat being said, still don't like rally and glad they're done.

c6ba5e110dd604a21b3c3c40a112552b_photo.webp

Last edited:
Earned a new PB at the W.G. CE, 1'47.916, I'm less than a second from beating the gold time. I golded the first three sectors so once I gold this lap, the 1 million will be mine! But I may need some assistance if you don't mind.

Anyone else finding Eiger CE full lap difficult?
It's only just over minute track, but it can be tough.

Maybe just new physics, that looks to be more real...

It seems like most all CE's now are difficult to earn a gold level time on, maybe it is the physics of each of the cars, idk. Some target times are ridiculous to beat.

I wonder what the demo driver uses, a wheel or controller, because his lines are always perfect, smooth and tight for each turn/corner.

I wonder what the demo driver uses, a wheel or controller, because his lines are always perfect, smooth and tight for each turn/corner.
I suspect the CE demos are AI. Observe the throttle and brake modulation. Unnatural.

The lap attack at Eiger is gonna take time for me to gold it, I'm at 1'09.918 so far, so I'm not too far away but Sectors 2 and 3 are giving me trouble.

Two tries and I’m nothing special
so you golded the lap in 2 tries, and you're nothing special?

I think maybe you and I have a different definition of "special." lol. I'm curious, do you take part in the online TTs? If so, what would you say is your general level? Do you usually gold them?

For myself, I just did about 20 attempts at the full lap and got into silver twice.

I actually do think a number of the CE's are too difficult. I'd feel a little differently if there was some reward for getting silver, but there isn't. It's bronze and then gold or nothing.

Last edited:
Anyone else finding Eiger CE full lap difficult?
It's only just over minute track, but it can be tough.

Maybe just new physics, that looks to be more real...
I didn't find it very hard. I am a B level driver on controller. It took me about half an hour. Trick is to control your entry speed into the corners and focus on a good exit.

And to nail those 2-3 last corners before the finish, you must stay close to each side of the curbing so you can trace a good line and clip each apex/corner. It is going to be rough trying to gold it, my goal is to get a sub 1'08.100 before the year ends.

The third sector is a bit tricky (took me about 10 restarts to get the gold time there) but once you nail it, the laptime should follow. If anyone's having issues, I suggest turning on the ghost to see where you're losing time.

First attempt on controller for Eiger. Really nice car and track combo. The place where I feel like the most time is lost or gained is the long hairpin before the pit entrance. I hit the apex early, veer toward the outside wall, and accelerate early to hit the apex again just before coming out of the corner, gives you a really good exit speed down the straight.

Last edited:
I golded it in one try (wasn't a very good gold though; last corner was mince) and I'm perpetually a B/A threshold driver. And on the controller 'cos I couldn't be bothered lumping myself over to the rig.

I golded it in one try (wasn't a very good gold though; last corner was mince) and I'm perpetually a B/A threshold driver. And on the controller 'cos I couldn't be bothered lumping myself over to the rig.
Guess it must be true then. I suck. lol.

Honestly though, I think anyone who regularly golds the online TTs would qualify as "something special" in a game where only about 5-10% of people who take part in the TTs achieves gold...and only about 100,000 of the 9 or 10 million people who bought the game even posts a time in the online TTs. That's my basic point about the difficulty of the CEs...they are just a "game challenge" and I'm not sure it makes much sense that "most" people who buy the game are likely to never gold them. I mean yeah, they aren't that hard for many of the people who frequent a board like this, but I don't think that's a very meaningful gauge.

Last edited:
Guess it must be true then. I suck. lol.
welcome to the suckers bunch 😁

Did not gold Eiger full lap already, but each sector took 1 to 3 tries to get gold, and I am in silver at full lap and not so far from gold, with some practice I think I can gold it.

Either it is an "easy" CE (compared to CEs in general) or I've progressed a lot (I think it is on the "easy" side)

Last edited:

I think maybe you and I have a different definition of "special." lol. I'm curious, do you take part in the online TTs? If so, what would you say is your general level? Do you usually gold them?

For myself, I just did about 20 attempts at the full lap and got into silver twice.

I actually do think a number of the CE's are too difficult. I'd feel a little differently if there was some reward for getting silver, but there isn't. It's bronze and then gold or nothing.
I did in two times too and I dont believe I'm special. I've raced against special driver like Hizal, Gallo or Fraga and those guy are insanely fast but I'm not, I just try to recreate what I've learn in the years playing sims (yes, I'm not that young anymore).

As for TT ranking I'm usually low gold, high silver. Mostly silver these last weeks as I dont have much time to play GT7. I usually get my result in 10-15 laps.

I'm going to have to have a closer look at the demo and figure out where I'm killing my time because there's got to be something fundamental I'm doing wrong I guess.

I found Eiger easy as well.
Sector 1 and 2 gold at the first try, sector 3 took me 8 attempts, but then the full lap was only 3 attempts.

Look at the demo and pay attention to the gears they are using, and the lines off course.

It took me at least 25 attempts to gold Sector 3 at Eiger, see you have to trace a good thorough line and keep the speed as high as possible, and with minimal braking. My time was 0'26.263 so I just made it below the threshold! However it will be far more difficult to earn a gold level score on the lap attack as you have to nearly perfect every turn and corner in each Sector of this track.

@Tuning_Maniac I may need some assistance on that brutal lap attack one day.

Look at the demo and pay attention to the gears they are using, and the lines off course.
Well yeah, I've done that. lol...but I'll have another closer look. I would still suggest that people who get the gold time in 2 or 3 tries are being awfully humble about their "specialness." :lol:

It took me at least 25 attempts to gold Sector 3 at Eiger, see you have to trace a good thorough line and keep the speed as high as possible, and with minimal braking. My time was 0'26.263 so I just made it below the threshold! However it will be far more difficult to earn a gold level score on the lap attack as you have to nearly perfect every turn and corner in each Sector of this track.

@Tuning_Maniac I may need some assistance on that brutal lap attack one day.
I know, sector 3 is indeed a killer.
I'd put a little more focus on sector 1 and 2 because I was able to dive 4 and 2 tenths under the gold time there so that gave me a little cushion in sector 3.

Also this, if the demo shows you gear 2 or 3 in corners, take a gear higher yourself to make the car more stable. It has enough torque to pull you out of the corner if you didn't slow down too hard.

I know, sector 3 is indeed a killer.
I'd put a little more focus on sector 1 and 2 because I was able to dive 4 and 2 tenths under the gold time there so that gave me a little cushion in sector 3.

Also this, if the demo shows you gear 2 or 3 in corners, take a gear higher yourself to make the car more stable. It has enough torque to pull you out of the corner if you didn't slow down too hard.
Okay, thank you for the advice. Nailing everything in the lap is the key for getting a gold time. That's the way GT operates.

Okay, thank you for the advice. Nailing everything in the lap is the key for getting a gold time. That's the way GT operates.
Not really. The top times in any given event with static time boundaries (like licence tests) are around 5% faster than gold. That's a lot of time left on the table if you're only just (like me, usually) getting gold: hardly "nailing everything".

Latest Posts

Back