GT7 Daily Race Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pigems
  • 52,739 comments
  • 4,955,951 views
C is hard work this week, it’s not even dirty but no one seems to be able to handle the slip stream or the hards and it’s just contact every other corner.
I tried a race, I was sat last place on the grid and finished 11th, which dropped my DR slightly. Seems a repeat of before. Skilled enough to get into A+, not skilled enough to hang there. Can't seem to nail the bus stop in qualifying no matter what I try
 
I tried a race, I was sat last place on the grid and finished 11th, which dropped my DR slightly. Seems a repeat of before. Skilled enough to get into A+, not skilled enough to hang there. Can't seem to nail the bus stop in qualifying no matter what I try
I don’t think this week is a good barometer of whether you should be in A+. The racing is so sketchy. With how strong the slip is, the track is just not an enjoyable place to race. Seems like constant contact every corner
 
Maybe it’s the wheel Sen settings? I’ve mine at 540 and feel I need it a bit lower to turn faster into those sweeping corners
Well, there’s my first problem. I’m still on controller. 😃

I do have steering cranked up to 10. I still have room for improvement on braking modulation.
 
I don’t think this week is a good barometer of whether you should be in A+. The racing is so sketchy. With how strong the slip is, the track is just not an enjoyable place to race. Seems like constant contact every corner
Alright for you to say, your QT is better than SuperGTs lol

superGT is currently running QT laps for race C and using some AI software to show him where he could improve. Interesting to see how he makes adjustments to squeeze more time out of a lap
 
Alright for you to say, your QT is better than SuperGTs lol

superGT is currently running QT laps for race C and using some AI software to show him where he could improve. Interesting to see how he makes adjustments to squeeze more time out of a lap
If only quali times resulted in race results 😂😂 I’ve not started higher then 10th on the grid and not finished higher than 12th yet. Races have been been rubbish, not had a clean one yet (nor actually had a really dirty one either just clumsy but any little touch sends you flying into the grass there), I’m actually going to move over to B if I race again this week as not enjoying Daytona, tbf I’ve never enjoyed the racing here.

What’s the AI software? Does it look beneficial?

EDIT: jumped on for 10 laps in quali this morning, understeer central on those hards isn’t it!! Got a 43.4xx think I can get down to a .1 or .2

EDIT: I missed a bunch of messages on my phone.

Tried for 2 hours to beat yesterdays QT and closest I got was half a 10th. Just can't seem to get it below 1:45.200. I have since reduced brake force so it takes less pressure to hit 100% braking which has made me more consistent. Often times I've been doing laps without ever reaching 100% brake power. Got the RS pedals set to 34 brake force on the RS50 base now. It was set to 42 before
I've got the same pedals and faced the same issue and ended up settling on 30 for me as anything else required too much effort and took away my concentration on the race.
Daytona has always served as fertile learning grounds for me, so I thought I'd try and divide my attentions equally between Race C and Race A this week. Seeing as I hardly ever try and break into Group 3 racing, I'll try and use the combo as an educational experience.

Many races there when using the Mazda Roadster has given me a much better understanding of the flow needed, and apart from Lap 1/2 usually bringing a few scrapes and bumps, it's been a positive experience. I'm still struggling a bit with the Hard tyres, but apparently no less than my opponents.

Gran Turismo 7 is really like two separate games at the moment. Between Race A and Race C, with such a plethora of different techniques and approaches needed that there's hardly any way to compare the two experiences and whiplash is common when switching!

I'm gonna keep plugging away using the Jaguar to see if this is the week Group 3 racing clicks for me.
How you getting on with C mate? any joy with cracking it.?
I highly recommend running traction control at 1 regardless of car. I find very little of my HP is lost using TC1. Definitely helps with managing the hards. I'm also finding I can pit for softs at the end of lap 5. I haven't tried end of lap 4 yet but I do expect it to work. Minimizing time on the bad tires is also really important and I find I can undercut a lot of people.
End of lap 4 seems the best, there is a good 3 second delta between the compounds at least and even with worn softs the lap times seem to be less than 3 seconds difference and closer to 2 so think 4 is best, 3 is definitely too early as I found out!!
Mate, nice to see you running some C races, you really ought to have done this the other week at Sardegna, that was a cracking week! I hope you get some enjoyment and see you out there!

I saw your QT on race A and thought, never happening 🤣
How times have changed, @brockie the Race C preacher now :lol: I've taken your slot in preferring B, where you going to race rest of the week? I', switching over to B
 
Last edited:
If only quali times resulted in race results 😂😂 I’ve not started higher then 10th on the grid and not finished higher than 12th yet. Races have been been rubbish, not had a clean one yet (nor actually had a really dirty one either just clumsy but any little touch sends you flying into the grass there), I’m actually going to move over to B if I race again this week as not enjoying Daytona, tbf I’ve never enjoyed the racing here.

What’s the AI software? Does it look beneficial?

EDIT: jumped on for 10 laps in quali this morning, understeer central on those hards isn’t it!! Got a 43.4xx think I can get down to a .1 or .2

EDIT: I missed a bunch of messages on my phone.


I've got the same pedals and faced the same issue and ended up settling on 30 for me as anything else required too much effort and took away my concentration on the race.

How you getting on with C mate? any joy with cracking it.?

End of lap 4 seems the best, there is a good 3 second delta between the compounds at least and even with worn softs the lap times seem to be less than 3 seconds difference and closer to 2 so think 4 is best, 3 is definitely too early as I found out!!

How times have changed, @brockie the Race C preacher now :lol: I've taken your slot in preferring B, where you going to race rest of the week? I', switching over to B
Not this week though mate, firmly in B after wondering whether to go left or right all week, tbf I’ve only raced in my lunch breaks this week, not the greatest week all in all
 
If only quali times resulted in race results 😂😂 I’ve not started higher then 10th on the grid and not finished higher than 12th yet. Races have been been rubbish, not had a clean one yet (nor actually had a really dirty one either just clumsy but any little touch sends you flying into the grass there), I’m actually going to move over to B if I race again this week as not enjoying Daytona, tbf I’ve never enjoyed the racing here.

What’s the AI software? Does it look beneficial?

EDIT: jumped on for 10 laps in quali this morning, understeer central on those hards isn’t it!! Got a 43.4xx think I can get down to a .1 or .2

EDIT: I missed a bunch of messages on my phone.


I've got the same pedals and faced the same issue and ended up settling on 30 for me as anything else required too much effort and took away my concentration on the race.

How you getting on with C mate? any joy with cracking it.?

End of lap 4 seems the best, there is a good 3 second delta between the compounds at least and even with worn softs the lap times seem to be less than 3 seconds difference and closer to 2 so think 4 is best, 3 is definitely too early as I found out!!

How times have changed, @brockie the Race C preacher now :lol: I've taken your slot in preferring B, where you going to race rest of the week? I', switching
That tyre's delta is the real issue, coupled with the clumsiness. I saw it yesterday on Kizzi's stream. Marks are so different between the 2 compounds, and nobody knows in which one their opponents are; so it becomes carnage.
I'll be sticking with Kyoto for the weekend, also cause it's less heavy for my old "almost blind" eyes. 🤣
 
That tyre's delta is the real issue, coupled with the clumsiness. I saw it yesterday on Kizzi's stream. Marks are so different between the 2 compounds, and nobody knows in which one their opponents are; so it becomes carnage.
I'll be sticking with Kyoto for the weekend, also cause it's less heavy for my old "almost blind" eyes. 🤣
To be fair, I hit Kizzi going into T1 last night 🤦‍♂️ misjudged the fact I was going 8 MPH faster with the slip and bump draft, had to go onto his stream to apologise.
 
If only quali times resulted in race results 😂😂 I’ve not started higher then 10th on the grid and not finished higher than 12th yet. Races have been been rubbish, not had a clean one yet (nor actually had a really dirty one either just clumsy but any little touch sends you flying into the grass there), I’m actually going to move over to B if I race again this week as not enjoying Daytona, tbf I’ve never enjoyed the racing here.

What’s the AI software? Does it look beneficial?

EDIT: jumped on for 10 laps in quali this morning, understeer central on those hards isn’t it!! Got a 43.4xx think I can get down to a .1 or .2

EDIT: I missed a bunch of messages on my phone.


I've got the same pedals and faced the same issue and ended up settling on 30 for me as anything else required too much effort and took away my concentration on the race.

How you getting on with C mate? any joy with cracking it.?

End of lap 4 seems the best, there is a good 3 second delta between the compounds at least and even with worn softs the lap times seem to be less than 3 seconds difference and closer to 2 so think 4 is best, 3 is definitely too early as I found out!!

How times have changed, @brockie the Race C preacher now :lol: I've taken your slot in preferring B, where you going to race rest of the week? I', switching over to B
It's this thing:

He took some value in it (though the video was sponsored by it lol) but I don't think it really shows you anything that you can't get for free within GT7. What I do is watch the world leaders QT replay, put it into the camera I use to race, with full race info displayed, let it play on the section I'm struggling on, then just hit the share button and save a 15-30 second clip. That way I can quickly reference how he took a corner without having to exit out of qualifying to view the full replay again. No idea why it took me this long to start doing this but it's a huge time save lol.
I watched the bus stop over and over and I know how to approach it. I need the right side tyres to just touch the left edge of the first yellow kerb heading into the bus stop, that keeps the car as straight as possible ready to swing it to the right for the exit without incurring a penalty. Pulling it off perfectly + a perfect infield lap is where I'm messing up though.
Re actual racing, SuperGT rage quit after starting 3rd in a lower A+/A lobby but kept getting tapped from behind on every corner which knocked them both out of the slip stream, then got knocked again and spun dropping him last. There's no recovering from that.
I've experimented using strong countersteer assistance in this race. If you get hit from behind your car stays very stable making it almost impossible to spin out. The downside is you get less rotation especially at the bus stop.
 
Last edited:
That tyre's delta is the real issue, coupled with the clumsiness. I saw it yesterday on Kizzi's stream. Marks are so different between the 2 compounds, and nobody knows in which one their opponents are; so it becomes carnage.
I'll be sticking with Kyoto for the weekend, also cause it's less heavy for my old "almost blind" eyes. 🤣
We need something telling us all what tyres everyone is on, I found that last week at RBR, people battling like hell people on different strats, I got into just typing at start, ‘on medium’ hoping soft starters would follow suit,

I can imagine hard to soft would be carnage!
 
We need something telling us all what tyres everyone is on, I found that last week at RBR, people battling like hell people on different strats, I got into just typing at start, ‘on medium’ hoping soft starters would follow suit,

I can imagine hard to soft would be carnage!
It can be, yeah. Especially late in the race. For example I start on Hards. Doesn't matter where my QT puts me I want to finish the race on the best tire even if that means I get swamped at the start.

Fortunately I solve that by not setting a very good time (QT on hards too). Mentioned a race I had the other day here already. I was on softs to end leader was on hards. I could out break, out accelerate, and out corner him with 6 lap worn softs compared to his 5 lap worn hards.

I think you should never mandate compounds that aren't orthogonally connected (touching). So H --> M or M --> S but not H --> S because yeah the delta is too high. Especially when the racing is at night. I'm loving Daytona this week but I am purposefully starting at the back and purposefully slowing down early at T1 and also the first horseshoe just to make sure that I'm not being collected in someone elses mess. It means I'm competing for Top 5 not Wins but I'm ok with that.
 
Man these hard tyres are no fun, screeching around everywhere! Sounds like someone drowning a bag of cats!!!

The Gr3 here was way more fun, no umph to this car so it’s just a train

Im clinging on for dear life 😂😂
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6826.webp
    IMG_6826.webp
    122.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Did a bit more work on C QT. Got it down to 1:45:100. Knocked 1/10th off. I did one lap where I nailed the bus stop, matching the fastest drivers entry and exit speed, but the rest of the lap was subpar so it was for nothing. Hooking up the perfect lap is just brutally difficult, I'm pretty consistent apart from the bus stop and I'm pretty tired of running laps there.
Hopped onto my smurf account for Race C. No QT so started last. Ended up 3rd place. P1 and 2 had the brains to bump draft eachother but the rest of the field were being stupid, racing side by side on the straights instead of working together. This was a B lobby. I used the opportunity to practice racing on hards with no assists, they're not so bad tbf as long as you exit in 2nd gear and be gentle on the power
 
After many humbling laps lost to track limits, I finally figured out how to approach bus stop decently. It’s still something of a miracle to get it right consistently. The braking zone feels like it moves when nothing else changes on all the other turns.

Most of the racers have behaved like proper gentlemen in DR B but today was not one of those days. I had a fierce battle where places were exchanged 4 times between turn 1 and the last horseshoe, with some side to side nudging but nothing I considered to be egregious. My counterpart apparently didn’t think so. He launched without brakes into my rear sending me straight into the tires on turn 6 with engine damage and all. He admitted after it was deliberate. I still found a way to crawl back to 8th by race’s end.
 
Alright. Now, here's a video of one of the qualifying times I've been able to get for Race B this week so far. I messed up and thought it was my best time, but it wasn't, but it still shows the issues I frequently face as a controller user:

So, here's that video I made again and I guess I didn't do any trail braking in it, right? Even with so many updates and the fact that trail braking is still so important to going fast in this game, it's still insanely hard to do it with a controller...
 
So, here's that video I made again and I guess I didn't do any trail braking in it, right? Even with so many updates and the fact that trail braking is still so important to going fast in this game, it's still insanely hard to do it with a controller...
I wouldn't say insanely hard, but it definitely is one of the last pieces of the puzzle to slot into place. For me, it's the simple fact I'm right-handed, and the muscle memory (which I have on my dominant side) to combat wheelspin had to be learnt from scratch in order to correctly trail-brake.

Like everything else, the answer is practice, practice, practice.
 
I wouldn't say insanely hard, but it definitely is one of the last pieces of the puzzle to slot into place. For me, it's the simple fact I'm right-handed, and the muscle memory (which I have on my dominant side) to combat wheelspin had to be learnt from scratch in order to correctly trail-brake.

Like everything else, the answer is practice, practice, practice.
Thanks, but even with a lot of practice, I still have a hard time as a controller user. In September, there was a time trial at Suzuka for Group 3 cars and I was eventually able to get a gold time, but it was still around 2% slower than the best time and it took an awful lot of effort and work to get it and the fact that it took that much effort and practice just to get a time around 2% slower than the best time for that track really shows just how underpowered the controller still is in Gran Turismo 7 even with so many updates...

Also, the time I got for Suzuka was 02:01.921 with the Hyundai Group 3 car, 2.96% slower than Kenta Morimoto who got the best time, (01:58.416).
 
Last edited:
Gr3 round Spa is always fun, difficult but fun. I suck at that combo but always enjoy it.

Interest to see how the new physics and grip change Spa for me as I’ve never cracked even the top 2,000 there before

The track on A seems familiar but I can't quite remember if we've had it before.
 
Last edited:
Looking at next week, I'll avoid the Elantra cup like the pest. I've not yet tried the Gr3 at Spa, so back on the M6 this time (hopefully meta).
If they give us a nice car to drive at Pen Ring, it might be the real deal of the week. Ok, I'll admit, while there's life there's hope. 🤣
 
Looking at next week, I'll avoid the Elantra cup like the pest. I've not yet tried the Gr3 at Spa, so back on the M6 this time (hopefully meta).
If they give us a nice car to drive at Pen Ring, it might be the real deal of the week. Ok, I'll admit, while there's life there's hope. 🤣
Pest? Did you mean to say past?
 
No racing for me the last couple days, but i did get some time to run laps after work yesterday.

Managed to get my qualifying time for A down to a 2.18.6 or 8 something, i can't remember exactly atm😂 replay shared in game in case anyone wants to chase me or offer advice, it's a sloppy lap tbh

As for race C, wow. I am way more out of shape than i thought. Ran several laps and just could not for the life of me get a feel for it. Using the jaaaag, which feels pretty good and it's a track i love, but i could not find my markers for breaking or turn in. Think i fought my way to a 48.xxx definitely a few more seconds for me there but i might just stay away from race C, other than hot laps, cuse i really don't like being the guy on track who has no idea what he is doing 😂
 
Last edited:
Dailies for next week (GTstats.live):

View attachment 1570082
A new one in terms of what car for Spa, always used the Audi there so Jag/Genesis will indeed be a new one, look forward to that

Agree I’m done with the Elantra otherwise C looks a nice little race,

Only thing to take me to the RBR again would be the radical 😁

@Andyxdr unsure how you avoid the past 😂
 
Last edited:
A new one in terms of what car for Spa, always used the Audi there so Jag/Genesis will indeed be a new one, look forward to that

Agree I’m done with the Elantra otherwise C looks a nice little race,

Only thing to take me to the RBR again would be the radical 😁

@Andyxdr unsure how you avoid the past 😂
Although a fantasy, how cool would it be if Race B would be in wet conditions, even if for 4 or 5 laps!

Sadly, Elantra will be a beast in that variation of Sardegna. I love B layout so even if Elantra would the true meta, I'll use some other cars just to enjoy the race in a car that would be fun.
 
Back