GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,462 comments
ugh I cannot, regardless of car, crack the 1:32 barrier. It's like a mental block or something. Several times today I've been on pace for a 1:32:5xx or lower and each time I mess up somewhere towards the end of the lap, usually the hairpin or the twisty bits between the triple left and the hairpin. Rarely chicane exit.

That being said I did drop my time to a 1:33:2xx so that's cool. Unfortunately I'm starting about 7th now instead of top 3 and finishing 7th so I'm not really making progress. Either need to get faster or be content with just being safe and slow lolol

Picked up a W last night in the FT-1 VGT. Car is super stable, fastest lap was a 132.3. But just got lucky when it looked like Bellini jumped the curb and spun out coming to the 2 to go. He was in another atmosphere running 131.5s in race pace. I managed to get a 131.5 with the RS.01 in qualifying, but I can't get a .1s in the race at all.
Screenshot 2023-02-08 110052.jpg

But by far the most fun car I've driven this week is the Suzuki. Overall the speed wasn't there for me, but I couldn't have got placed in a better lobby with clean drivers. Huge shout out to @Ch_yy who gave me plenty of room on multiple occasions.

Because my qualm is people using the fact that it's the "wrong way" to justify a dislike for the layout.
Oh. Sry, I didnt see anyone calling it the wrong way. Besides, if someone doesnt like the track, that's them. Don't concern yourself with what other people dislike

And as RacingGrampa said, on this particular track, the exit from T2 is a murder waiting to happen because we are in fact going the direction that the track was not designed for.

Last edited:
@Leon Kowalski a serious question from me (for once 🤣)

How the heck did you manage such a quick time driving the Vantage? Will admit I did my best Sector 2 ever with it but the rest, Jesus it's so tail happy!! Most of the lap is me hanging on for dear life, trying to ease the throttle and catch the rear end 😅

Funnily enough, managed a 1:32 flat driving the Supra GT500 on my 2nd account. It's just a tad slow in top speed but handles like a charm!

On the main, best is a 1:31:7 and could go faster if I manage to stop sneezing 🤣 Fighting the flu at the moment and should be in bed but... 🤪😅

Attachments

• 18631f9bb892-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18631f9bb892-screenshotUrl.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 1863218731d41-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1863218731d41-screenshotUrl.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I tried the Lancer and I can't handle it. Couldn't get out of the 35s.

Jumped back into the 911 and knocked .7 off my QT down to 1:33.1.. Alas I forgot to save my best lap; it would have been nice to review and figure out what I did. After that, the more I tried the more I got worse, though I am lapping more consistently in the 34s now. I always seem to drive the 911 better after doing a few laps in a tail happy car first. Perhaps that should be my strategy... LOL

QQ. When qualifying do you chase your own ghost? I tend to have ghost switched off as it distracts me but perhaps I am missing an opportunity.

Last edited:
@Leon Kowalski a serious question from me (for once 🤣)

How the heck did you manage such a quick time driving the Vantage?
With a lot of patience...😆

But seriously, it was the first car I tried, because I remembered it fondly from the Alsace race. But this one is on hard tires, so... of course it took me about ten laps before completing a single lap without spinning out somewhere. Well, I'm stubborn, I refused to switch TC on, and I got used to it.

Fun fact: Closest I've come with any other car I tried afterwards (Lexus, Jag, Z4) was within 3 tenth of my Vantage time. Fun fact 2: I won't do a race with it. Five laps without a premature exit stage left or spin-o-rama seems impossible.😇

What an unintended and frustrating duel I just ended up in in Race C with another brit.

He starts behind me in the Corvette and forces a pass while I was easing off to stay in traffic with those ahead. I manage to jump back past and create a small gap, and then being a clean driver slows me down ahead again and he catches back up and passes.

He's slow for the ranking, I can constantly catch him even from a few seconds back after going off track for a moment but it seems like every time I do, I make a mistake, wheel in the sand, just go a little too far into the turn, give him space ahead again.

And these aren't overtaking attempts It's just the point where I settle in behind and begin to think about when to go for it, I end up doing something silly. Can't understand it, not like me at all!

End of the race comes and I'm .3 back from him maybe, and he gets a 1 minute penalty :lol: Gives me a top 5 spot and a feeling of relief!

Fun fact: Closest I've come with any other car I tried afterwards (Lexus, Jag, Z4) was within 3 tenth of my Vantage time. Fun fact 2: I won't do a race with it. Five laps without a premature exit stage left or spin-o-rama seems impossible.😇
I find this an interesting situation with the daily races. The fact that you can lap and lap in one car for QT and then switch to a totally different one for the race. I feel like your grid position should be tied to the QT of the car you are entering and not some hypercar you can barely drive one lap before crashing....

Picked up a W last night in the FT-1 VGT. Car is super stable, fastest lap was a 132.3. But just got lucky when it looked like Bellini jumped the curb and spun out coming to the 2 to go. He was in another atmosphere running 131.5s in race pace. I managed to get a 131.5 with the RS.01 in qualifying, but I can't get a .1s in the race at all.

But by far the most fun car I've driven this week is the Suzuki. Overall the speed wasn't there for me, but I couldn't have got placed in a better lobby with clean drivers. Huge shout out to @Ch_yy who gave me plenty of room on multiple occasions.
THERE HE IS. We race often, never seen you on this board. You're a complete mad man, some of the cars you deal with are insane. Watching you try and manage the Skyline was hilarious :)

So qualy wise, here is my lap. It is actually quite messy in that I trip over several kerbs but i keep such tight lines it helps compensate. I don't quite hold flat on that left I mentioned earlier, i am blipping to get through there clean but it can be done.

THERE HE IS. We race often, never seen you on this board. You're a complete mad man, some of the cars you deal with are insane. Watching you try and manage the Skyline was hilarious :)

So qualy wise, here is my lap. It is actually quite messy in that I trip over several kerbs but i keep such tight lines it helps compensate. I don't quite hold flat on that left I mentioned earlier, i am blipping to get through there clean but it can be done.

Ha thought I recognized your name.

I knew that skyline was going to end badly... But, in practice if you get the shift points right out of the corner I found there is some pretty good speed in there. But in a race environment it just didn't work at all.

For me the fastest by far is the RS.01. So good thru the high speed sections.

I can constantly catch him even from a few seconds back after going off track for a moment but it seems like every time I do, I make a mistake, wheel in the sand, just go a little too far into the turn, give him space ahead again.

And these aren't overtaking attempts It's just the point where I settle in behind and begin to think about when to go for it, I end up doing something silly. Can't understand it, not like me at all!
I find if I catch up to the car in front of me, I have a tendency to fixate on the rear bumper of that car and end up following their lines through the turns. This is problematic as their lines are different from my normal lines on the track. This generally leads to me running wide through the exits of turns as I'm carrying too much speed for this line vs my usual driving line. I have to actively tell myself to not focus on the car in front of me but look up the track and pretend like the car isn't even there. This keeps me running my race and not falling in to theirs.

For me the fastest by far is the RS.01. So good thru the high speed sections.
Yeah there's time in that RS01 for sure, I just find when i do a REALLY nice lap it comes in at 32.1ish but the Lancer is in the 31's. I suspect that is all straight line speed.

Last edited:
I find this an interesting situation with the daily races. The fact that you can lap and lap in one car for QT and then switch to a totally different one for the race. I feel like your grid position should be tied to the QT of the car you are entering and not some hypercar you can barely drive one lap before crashing....
I think this topic has been discussed here before controversially. It's certainly not "real driving simulator" style 😆.

Personally, I don't have any problem with people trying to get every possible advantage that is to be gained inside the rules that the game allows. For example driving one of the top speed rocket ships in Q, but going with a handling car in the race where you have to react to others and cannot only aim for the fastest line at every single point.

On the other hand, I always race with the car I qualified with, because I don't want to mess up the comfort level I've gained with a certain car on a certain track in lots of qualifying laps.

Alas I forgot to save my best lap;
I did that just the other day, and I hate when that happens!!!
After that, the more I tried the more I got worse,
Yep, that's always the case for me. It's like for a short time, I have talent beyond what I'm capable of. Then it goes away, as if to say "neener neener".
Q. When qualifying do you chase your own ghost? I tend to have ghost switched off as it distracts me but perhaps I am missing an opportunity.
I do use my ghost, but I have a button right next to my thumb to turn it off and on. I use it mostly just to get an idea of how well (or poorly, as is usually the case) I'm doing.
Nah, if people are like me - I can't race close to my QT at Dragon Trail, so I almost always end up behind where I start. The last 2 races, I lost like 5 positions in each race, maybe more. So really, I'm just holding someone else's finishing position for a lap or two.

If I am REALLY hustling I use my ghost as it's the only way to tell where you lose/gain with different inputs. I keep gibbering about it but the time lost/gained at that second last right hander at Gardens is bonkers.

Boy is that 1:32 a mental barrier. Just did some lunch time qualifying and first lap got 1:33.056. The subsequent laps I would often see my time being faster, up to 0.8s quicker and somehow shortly after I notice that, stuff it up. One lap I made it past the last turn, 0.3 up, and I'm thinking, "Good, finally... on for a 1:32.8". All I had to do was make it down the finish straight! Did I make it? No of course not, slipped sideways and into the barrier. 🤦‍♂️

Well I'm an idiot but at least I know now that I have a 1:32.2ish in me. My sectors indicate that. I'm also beginning to lap more consistently in the 1:33s. Now I just have to not notice that little blue time +/- indicator. Perhaps I should put tape on the tv to cover it up. LOL.

Nearly all my improvement in time is in a tweak to the first double apex and in the approach to taking the hairpin (I come in straighter under harder braking, then a tighter turn, still trail braking, and then accelerate out. More of a V approach rather than a U). I also shaved off time straddling the sausages near the end.

PS. I saved my QT lap if anyone cares..

EDIT to correct my delusional times.

Last edited:
Two of these things are not like the other:
1675884911193.png

Boy is that 1:32 a mental barrier.
When that happens to me, I just keep racing without paying attention to the time. Sort of zone out a little. Before you know it, you'll pass it and laugh. Of course, that only works for me when I'm actually capable of running those times, which I'm not right now. Not sure why though.

View attachment 1229233

When that happens to me, I just keep racing without paying attention to the time. Sort of zone out a little. Before you know it, you'll pass it and laugh. Of course, that only works for me when I'm actually capable of running those times, which I'm not right now. Not sure why though.
That's going to be quite the race you have there!

View attachment 1229233

Lol Digit was in that lobby.

Boy is that 1:32 a mental barrier. Just did some lunch time qualifying and first lap got 1:32.056. The subsequent laps I would often see my time being faster, up to 0.8s quicker and somehow shortly after I notice that, stuff it up. One lap I made it past the last turn, 0.3 up, and I'm thinking, "Good, finally... on for a 1:31.8". All I had to do was make it down the finish straight! Did I make it? No of course not, slipped sideways and into the barrier. 🤦‍♂️

Well I'm an idiot but at least I know now that I have a 1:31.2 in me.
A 31.2 is properly hustling.
I must be smoking crack! I'm not that good. I'm mixing up times. My best is 1:33.056 and breaking into the 1:32s is the mental barrier. I should be able to get to around 1:32.3; that's my goal.

I don't know how anyone can get into the 1:31s...

Now I will go back and correct my original post. I'll tell you, once you're in your 50s you lose your mind....

Gave the FT-1 VGT a few laps after seeing it mentioned earlier, felt really good - fast and planted. Did about 4 laps and pulled a 1:31.6, but there's definitely wayyy more time in it.

Not confident with the circuit at all, having done no more than 10 laps of it in total - so I can't say where the car is losing out, but it's worth a shot maybe. I might push for the 1:30 with it if I have time, though the track doesn't tickle my pickle at all.

Last edited:
Looks like there will be a bit to grind through before we can get into Daillies, it will be interesting to see how that plays out and affects online numbers in the first week or so.

I haven't read too much review wise I don't want to spoil as much as possible but I'm hoping for more races available per week than just the current 3 with some emphasis on race styles rather than just a slow car / Gr 3 / Gr 4 selection and yes I'm definitely curious to see how they will handle tuning and parts because I do intend to create some wacky monstrosities (or as wild as allowed anyway) and I would like to enter them into the official races if possible!
Greetings All
Sorry for the Necro, but I am late to this party.

I do the daily races in GTsport, nearly everyday, on a PS4, with a homemade rig.

Just got the GT7 version, any tips on navigating thru the cafe and that sim character home screen, so I may enter the GT7 dailies ?

Looks like "solis" is going to stare at me with those dead, glazed, eyes quite often......

Greetings All
Sorry for the Necro, but I am late to this party.

I do the daily races in GTsport, nearly everyday, on a PS4, with a homemade rig.

Just got the GT7 version, any tips on navigating thru the cafe and that sim character home screen, so I may enter the GT7 dailies ?

Looks like "solis" is going to stare at me with those dead, glazed, eyes quite often......
Every Daily Races Article Each Week
In order to access the Daily Races, you’ll need to unlock Sport Mode, by completing Menu Book 9 (“Championship: Tokyo Highway Parade”) in the GT Cafe single player hub.

Back