GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 30,154 comments
What a fun Race B. Got P6, but I lost it on the back straight. Made him go around kn the outside, so he struggled coming out of the right-left-right and I was on it. Knew I had good pace through the last turn and nailed it. He didntytrack out, I used 100% of the kerb and beat to the line. What a thrill! Then I practiced in the rain for Sat and started next race on wets doh! Pitted and still got three places from last. Fun enough trying not to be last. Never give up!

I lived in daily A on gts, because i love road cars and spec racing. It's hard to prove unless you can access the actual numbers, but i would absolutely say they killed race A since 90% of the people i raced with basically everyday, do not touch it now. It honestly makes zero sense to me that they made that change. Adding a fourth race with no dr/sr perhaps isn't a bad idea, but as it stands now, race A isn't even worth looking at for the majority of us who used to love it
As you said, and I can only coment from my perspective but I never see anyone on my friends list qualify a time in daily A whereas B & C always have a decent amount. Again, I know it's not solid evidence but just a noted observation.
Yeah I agree with you, when I first heard they were gonna havr unranked races I just assumed they were adding a fourth race too.

TCS 1. You won't get your license pulled for using it. :lol: The replay of one of the QT leaders used TCS 1.
Sometimes I think more people need to hear this! For me I don't use it all the time but TCS 1 is a lot quicker than spinning out when I plant the boot too quickly 😂

Tried the RX Vision at Dragon Trail, and immediately cut 6 tenths of a second off my best QT. I shared it in Showcase - search for "gtp6". Note that I'm using all assists - this thing slides around the track without them.
View attachment 1229071
I just watched the replay. Awesome livery on the RX Vision. 👍

I just discovered the sharing and tagging capabilities. I added the replays of today's racing my my QT. I use the tag "gtp" but also "thenormsk". I'll do that going forward.

Last edited:
I miss good close all race long battles in slower cars that counted for ratings. It's a ghost town now. It wasn't even remotely this bad before they removed the ratings.
Agreed. It was a decent idea to try but they must recognize it's a failure now and revert back or try something else.

But of course even that could still take months, if they're even planning it.

Agreed. It was a decent idea to try but they must recognize it's a failure now and revert back or try something else.

But of course even that could still take months, if they're even planning it.
It's easy to not give pd any credit for the way they're running their 'live service', but I highly doubt they aren't aware of their numbers for dailies. It's not just daily a which has less players now compared to launch, but b and c as well, so that has to be accounted for. In fact one of the benefits of an always online game is they probably have detailed stats on offline races too, and they can track player 'journeys' and see what gets people playing a certain way, and the overall distribution of game time.

A lot of people actually wanted a non Dr/sr daily A to feel less pressure with an 'unranked' option, and because there's a lot of odd combos, and short races with lots of carnage which make maintaining Dr and SR difficult. Might be that unranked daily A is a way for a lot of people to get into online racing.

A lot of people actually wanted a non Dr/sr daily A to feel less pressure with an 'unranked' option, and because there's a lot of odd combos, and short races with lots of carnage which make maintaining Dr and SR difficult. Might be that unranked daily A is a way for a lot of people to get into online racing.
Yes, that might well be the case. Then, what about PD communicating with their playerbase (the online racers might be the ones who are interested and want to listen) and telling them why they are doing it that way and what the results are? I think that would be nice. It could even provide them some feedback from the online players to maybe help them improve the experience.

Wild suggestions, I know...😆

@GrumpyOldMan i was doing laps, still trying to figure out why i am so off pace at gardens when i suddenly saw you leap ahead on my list. Well done sir. I tried the rx after i saw that as I've always liked it, but it never seems a good choice for me. I was able to run essentially the same as my best laps in the moostang but i was not able to come close to your time. I will be hunting your ghost after work today.

Also, it has just come to my attention you can't add a little msg to friend request ps5. So I'll just have to do the work to check if they are from here, if i get any more.

one of the great things about starting towards the front in Race B is it's gonna be really clean. As long as you can make T1/2 cleanly you're golden the rest of the race unless you screw up or the car behind goes on an epic drive to catch you.
I've pulled my DR/SR back up to B/B from C/D at the start of the week with basically 5-6 races starting in the top 3 and finishing in the top 3. No penalties, no smacking others, just go as fast as I can and finish well.

Still grinding for QT though, I know I can go faster.
That's pretty typical, though. Not always of course. But, if you're up front there are less cars around to crash you and the people who start up front have something to lose by crashing out whereas the people mid-to-low-pack really don't. Qualifying is key.

I apparently have not done much if any laps at DT gardens reverse. I am a fan of the track going forwards so i figured i give it a try. Wow, big mistake. An jour and a half of doing laps with 3 races mixed in, and i just can't get my head around this track. Every turn feels awkward and i can't seem to even run the race at the back to try and learn, cuse i eating the wall every few laps.
You see I'm the opposite. It feels backwards when going around the normal way and correct when going in reverse. I much prefer it in reverse. Hopefully you can crack it.
electric cars are to stay in the garage
It's where they belong. :yuck:

You're racing with the big boys there Grumpy!

I managed to squeeze a 31.6 out of the Lancer, that's all I got. Race pace in top split is white hot, man guys are good. Losing time exiting onto the last straight, quite a bit actually.
You ain’t kidding about race pace in the top splits. I had a Race B yesterday with 1 A/S on the pole and the rest of us in B/S. I started P2. The A/S driver had a 31.9 to my 32.6, however his race pace was almost 2 seconds a lap faster than me. He finished P1 with a 10+ second gap to me and I finished P2 with a 10 second gap to P3.

I’ve finished P2 and P3 in most of the races I’ve done this week. Almost every race has had P1 untouchable after lap 1.

Please stop referring to fictional tracks as having a correct/normal & reverse/incorrect layout.
It's specifically called "Dragon Trail - Gardens Reverse". So that means the word "reverse" is appropriate when referring to this track. And by implication, since races on the track normally go in the opposite direction, the word "normal" should be fine also.

With that said, I understand what you're saying - that people shouldn't say that a fictional track was designed to go in one direction only.
@GrumpyOldMan i was doing laps, still trying to figure out why i am so off pace at gardens when i suddenly saw you leap ahead on my list. Well done sir. I tried the rx after i saw that as I've always liked it, but it never seems a good choice for me. I was able to run essentially the same as my best laps in the moostang but i was not able to come close to your time. I will be hunting your ghost after work today.
Thanks! As I said in another post, I don't know how I did it, and can't replicate it.
Also, it has just come to my attention you can't add a little msg to friend request ps5. So I'll just have to do the work to check if they are from here, if i get any more.
If you accept a request from someone you wish you hadn't, can't you just unfriend them? I've had that happen before, and once I unfriended them, I haven't heard from them since. Or are there other dangers I don't know about?

If you accept a request from someone you wish you hadn't, can't you just unfriend them? I've had that happen before, and once I unfriended them, I haven't heard from them since. Or are there other dangers I don't know about?

I've just always been a little on the cautious side, let's say lol

My friends list is actually bloated and in serious need of clean up, but that's not a related issue.

I've always gotten very random friend requests. I think sometimes people just send an FR if they see you on the leaderboard for something. I used to be good enough for that lol. I just don't like the idea of adding someone i have absolutely zero connection to. Even if it's just a shared msg board or a few good races

You ain’t kidding about race pace in the top splits. I had a Race B yesterday with 1 A/S on the pole and the rest of us in B/S. I started P2. The A/S driver had a 31.9 to my 32.6, however his race pace was almost 2 seconds a lap faster than me. He finished P1 with a 10+ second gap to me and I finished P2 with a 10 second gap to P3.

I’ve finished P2 and P3 in most of the races I’ve done this week. Almost every race has had P1 untouchable after lap 1.
Yeah one needs to be doing low 33's or even high 32's to race mid pack in an A+/A lobby, it's very tough because one mistake and you get mobbed.

Some of you really need to try the Lancer. It carries fantastic speed through the T1/2 double apex and the 4 apex left hander, it's also excellent on the awkward second last right hander. I've not been able to get anything else into the 31's and I managed a 31.6 so a good half second up on my next best car.

Some of you really need to try the Lancer. It carries fantastic speed through the T1/2 double apex and the 4 apex left hander, it's also excellent on the awkward second last right hander. I've not been able to get anything else into the 31's and I managed a 31.6 so a good half second up on my next best car.
I’ll give it a try this evening. I’ve barely used the Lancer, so it seems like a good excuse to give it a go!

Yeah one needs to be doing low 33's or even high 32's to race mid pack in an A+/A lobby, it's very tough because one mistake and you get mobbed.

My QT so far is 1:33.815 and I'm not sure how I did that! I'm struggling to find the extra second to break into the 32s let alone 2 seconds to get to the 31s. I can now pull 34s in race when I have a clean track otherwise it is more like 36s in the lobbies I'm in, with traffic. It seems that when QTing that it I get a great corner and I see my time is up by a second, that will slowly slip away again in later turns... Or I'm slower at the beginning but then make up later. It is as if, carrying more speed earlier on throws me off later and I haven't figured out how to maintain that pace through a whole lap.

I'll have to try the Lancer later. Also need to watch some of your QT replays to see the lines you're taking.

Quick question on the sausages. I've been avoiding doing this, as it can be a bit erratic at times, but is there any downside to straddling over the sausage to the car? I know I could probably pick up a 1/2 second if I do that..

My QT so far is 1:33.815 and I'm not sure how I did that! I'm struggling to find the extra second to break into the 32s let alone 2 seconds to get to the 31s. I can now pull 34s in race when I have a clean track otherwise it is more like 36s in the lobbies I'm in, with traffic. It seems that when QTing that it I get a great corner and I see my time is up by a second, that will slowly slip away again in later turns... Or I'm slower at the beginning but then make up later. It is as if, carrying more speed earlier on throws me off later and I haven't figured out how to maintain that pace through a whole lap.

I'll have to try the Lancer later. Also need to watch some of your QT replays to see the lines you're taking.

Quick question on the sausages. I've been avoiding doing this, as it can be a bit erratic at times, but is there any downside to straddling over the sausage to the car? I know I could probably pick up a 1/2 second if I do that..
Always, always, always sacrifice entry for exit in GT7, especially at this track. You also need to be flat to the floor from the exit of the right hander after the quad apex left all the way to braking for the hairpin. Flat, no excuses. This is a very technical track and will frustrate you, I find it very hard to be consistent, in race i'll do 33.4, 33.5, 32.9 then BOOM 35.5. It's tough.

Either miss the sausages or straddle, don't clip them.

I'm gonna get some heat for this, but I can't help myself.

Please stop referring to fictional tracks as having a correct/normal & reverse/incorrect layout.

They are designed to go both ways, and as such either direction could be termed as the correct one. "Reverse" is just a label.

Everyone will have their preference.
They're literally called reverse in the game.

This week's B: Dragon Trail - Gardens Reverse

You also need to be flat to the floor from the exit of the right hander after the quad apex left all the way to braking for the hairpin. Flat, no excuses.
Flat out the whole time!? Holy crap. I always lift on the left turn to get the car to rotate and set myself up for the right turn and straight to the hairpin. That’s one of the few sections I’ve found myself catching up to cars in front of me.

Race B (but probably whenever/wherever):

Looks like people feels permitted to sqeeze other people against the pit wall at last turn of last lap.

He is happy to retain the 10th position
I'm happy I'm not an idiot

would call it a win-win situation

It's specifically called "Dragon Trail - Gardens Reverse". So that means the word "reverse" is appropriate when referring to this track. And by implication, since races on the track normally go in the opposite direction, the word "normal" should be fine also.

They're literally called reverse in the game.

This week's B: Dragon Trail - Gardens Reverse

I think his comment relates to the fact that fictional tracks shouldn’t have real track designations. As he says, “Normal” and “Reverse” shouldn't apply to the fictional tracks as they are created for travel in both directions.

Perhaps “clockwise” and “anti-clockwise” would be more appropriate for the fictional tracks?

Either way, he was merely giving his opinion and given he acknowledged it may be contentious, perhaps folks should moderate their comments accordingly.

Just my 2p.

I can get the straddle right on the second sausage of the chicane which lets me open up the throttle faster for the right hander before the sweeping right to end the lap. I can't get the straddle right on the first one so I don't try. It probably is the fastest line for sure. The downside is hitting it wrong and spinning off into the barrier.

Flat out the whole time!? Holy crap. I always lift on the left turn to get the car to rotate and set myself up for the right turn and straight to the hairpin. That’s one of the few sections I’ve found myself catching up to cars in front of me.
Depends. If you sacrifice enough through the right hander you can take it flat through the left but in strong lobbies i get left for dust if i lift.

You see I'm the opposite. It feels backwards when going around the normal way and correct when going in reverse. I much prefer it in reverse. Hopefully you can crack it.

It's where they belong. :yuck:
The current TT that uses an electric car, is perhaps the most affluent challenge

Back