GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,404 comments
zjn
Ok, the table below got me off track

If I'm getting it right in order to have it showing the +- of each single race you should take the picture every singe race, isn't it?
yeah, after every race, you would go to your profile page and take a screenshot. Their software looks at the how many pixels are filling the DR bar and calculates your points based on that. I usually let like 15-20 races worth of screenshots stack up before I upload them

Some of you guys feeling burnt out, it's probably a mix of the terrible penalty system and maybe you're just playing too much. I play 4 nights per week and have been a constant here for nearly 4 years now. I did want to throw my controller at the tv last week though, my first 4 or 5 races at spa were a debacle, constantly being rammed off and being penalised for it as well as incurring damage as well as more penalties for hitting the guard rail. This is a huge issue actually, you get pushed off, somehow you get the penalty (1 sec), time to get back on track (5 sec), guardrail penalty (2 seconds) and damage (5 seconds). So one nudge and you're dropped to last.
Feel and share your frustration!

Actually the terrible penalty system and the issues with the game are preventing me from playing too much. In a year I have only done 26 races, much fewer then i did in a year in GTS. The horrible penalty system is dragging a lot of fun away. Still we are playing a game where you can ram somebody in the wall without a penalty. No, it is even worse, the victim gets the penalty for hitting the wall! It s really unbelievable that something as simple as that is still not fixed.

Also, the GTWS is so much lower in quality compared to GTS, much fewer races and very short seasons. Hardly been active there and notice that fewer and fewer of the friends i have show up. I really miss a lot of people here that i have seen for years in GTS but only in this game for a short period.

Off course on the plus having that good race with other clean drivers is so rewarding, no matter if you win or not, and that in the end keeps me playing this game. Plus the conversations here at this forum and the fun of trying to better ones time in time trail. Still like doing that.

To all who feel burnt out i can only advise to leave the game aside for a few weeks and play something else or pick up another hobby. After a few weeks you might very well feel ready to play again. For myself, think that i will pick up Resident Evil 4 and slaugter some zombies, that always makes me happy...and think i will make a scale model again or read a book

And in the mean time let's hope that somebody at PD finally wakes up and starts working on real improvements!!!

Also, the GTWS is so much lower in quality compared to GTS, much fewer races and very short seasons. Hardly been active there and notice that fewer and fewer of the friends i have show up. I really miss a lot of people here that i have seen for years in GTS but only in this game for a short period.
It's been exhibitions mate, they're just fun filler races until the real season. Last years full season played out identically to GTS.

The world series events are a great idea but if you can't fuel sip and tyre save like crazy you can't compete.
I can think of only one event where you absolutely had to tyre save to compete (the Gr4 Nations Cup at Deep Forest). Most of the races have pretty much been like race Cs in terms of length and strategy.

yea BOP was changed in GR.4. The 4WD cars are no longer the meta every time. Now it's the TT! (and other FWD cars but mostly the TT)
They only got that BoP adjustment half right.
It was really only the GT-R, 155, and WRX that needed to be nerfed. Instead, they just blindly did it to all of the AWD cars.
The Lancer, Veyron, and Atenza were guilty by association. None of them were very competitive, but got de-tuned anyway.

Another swing-and-miss by the developers. :dunce:
golf fall GIF

It's been exhibitions mate, they're just fun filler races until the real season. Last years full season played out identically to GTS.
I know that these are exhibitions, but in GTS these were usually more races in these exhibitions and the intervals inbetween them were a lot shorter. In this game you had exhibition series of only 3 races. In GTS you had 6 or, that is a proper series imo.

What was the wait between the last series? if i remember correctly one ended in August and the new one starting end November....that's a lengthy 'interbellum'.

And let's not forgot the blunders with Grand Valley and the wall riding race...

So, sorry, but having the same experience as I was having in GTS.

I'll try anything, but I won't organize anything myself - things like that just stress me out. IIRC, mixing PS4s and PS5s in lobbies is either not possible or not advised, so that may be an issue. I'm on a PS5.
We do that all the time and have very little issues with it.
TPC, The Pit Crew, is a bunch of people from this thread and the GTS version of it, we met and formed here and we have our own sub forum in the league part of the forum
We have series organizers from both sides of the Atlantic so we try and make the times work for both sides but there's DRWF that is run on the US times and there's the TPC Invitational that runs on European times .

We post when there is a new series and they are open to everyone. Sometimes we do a pop-up race, they are usually also announced in here

Come join us sometime

We do that all the time and have very little issues with it.
TPC, The Pit Crew, is a bunch of people from this thread and the GTS version of it, we met and formed here and we have our own sub forum in the league part of the forum
We have series organizers from both sides of the Atlantic so we try and make the times work for both sides but there's DRWF that is run on the US times and there's the TPC Invitational that runs on European times .

We post when there is a new series and they are open to everyone. Sometimes we do a pop-up race, they are usually also announced in here

Come join us sometime
I would most definitly love to join sometime. It gives me the feeling of really being active in this community.

zjn
Ok, the table below got me off track

If I'm getting it right in order to have it showing the +- of each single race you should take the picture every singe race, isn't it?
If you wanted to do so, yes. But that's a lot of hassle. I understand though, as in GTS I always kept the Kudosprime page open and checked the DR impact immediately after a race... I loved knowing how much I won or lost right away.

It's a great tool, though. I was curious so I ran one race this morning and estimated my DR change with the result (a win... humble-brag!)... I was happy to see the Sport Tracker captured the change I estimated perfectly. And the A+ bar is the hardest one, because the range is so much bigger. So Kudos to @Milouse for putting it together, despite PD's efforts to render his work void. I really with they'd just incorporate the tool into the game, but I can see that they don't want it to become that 'transactional', instead an immersive social experience.

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 10.17.48 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 10.36.03 AM.png

(One race between 10 and 11, estimated to be worth ~500 pts based on the DR profile in the lobby: 2 A+, 2 A, 12 B) 👍

(side note: at 55k DR I hope I can keep my A+ rating permanently now... I've started using an Alt just to be sure, but I would prefer to race on the main most times, and for sure want to race in the GTWS/FIA events as A+ to be matched with the best drivers, and challenge myself to get faster)

IMG_0849.JPG

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but is there any talk about a full pit lane experience coming? I.e. driving up to the pit box and seeing other cars come in and out?

Slightly off topic but is there any talk about a full pit lane experience coming? I.e. driving up to the pit box and seeing other cars come in and out?
No.
Also, Seaside pit lane eh, barely even had my sip of bourbon and was back in my control! Disaster! :lol:

I had an average start to races this week! Race B is going to be my bread and butter, after hating it at first it’s grown on me and is now one of my favourite tracks; fast, big variety of corners, brilliant flowing second half.. I’m in the TT Cup for now although I’m still not well versed on the art of dabbing the brake whilst accelerating through turns for more rotation, I know that’s how people get the most pace out of it..!

I couldn’t set a clean qualifying lap so I think I was a tad over 1:30… First race was clean and made a few places, P7 to P4 I think. Second race started higher on the grid but a collision on lap one put me near the back of the field. I fought my way through to finish back near where I started but a bit frustrating.

I posted it on YouTube because I was bored! Still learning the art of race-craft online and it’s not easy but… definitely easier with a wheel than with a controller! Any thoughts/tips are much appreciated. I was a bit annoyed about the off but I guess it was just a racing incident, the 155 took the inside line and understeered into me. Looking at it I don’t think I did anything wrong but I could have braked early, stayed behind him and waited for a mistake to get past again as my race pace was quicker overall.

Some of you guys feeling burnt out, it's probably a mix of the terrible penalty system and maybe you're just playing too much. I play 4 nights per week and have been a constant here for nearly 4 years now. I did want to throw my controller at the tv last week though, my first 4 or 5 races at spa were a debacle, constantly being rammed off and being penalised for it as well as incurring damage as well as more penalties for hitting the guard rail. This is a huge issue actually, you get pushed off, somehow you get the penalty (1 sec), time to get back on track (5 sec), guardrail penalty (2 seconds) and damage (5 seconds). So one nudge and you're dropped to last.
It’s the penalty system, plain and simple, that’s ruining my enjoyment of the game.
I'll try anything, but I won't organize anything myself - things like that just stress me out. IIRC, mixing PS4s and PS5s in lobbies is either not possible or not advised, so that may be an issue. I'm on a PS5.
Yeah I don't want to organize anything either but playing with like minded if not like skilled drivers does sound really cool.
Maybe I’ll get something together. Just not this week. I’ll make an announcement soon.
The horrible penalty system is dragging a lot of fun away. Still we are playing a game where you can ram somebody in the wall without a penalty. No, it is even worse, the victim gets the penalty for hitting the wall! It s really unbelievable that something as simple as that is still not fixed.
This is the worst. I’m at turned into a battle royale where you can ram everyone else off the track and rise through the rankings by taking their positions and their DR. It’s unrestrained brigandry! PD has created a crass mercenary system with no real attempt at sportsmanship other than a bizarre video that we were all required to play once a year ago! Just garbage.

I absolutely murdered a poor guy in the Psycochicken of Death........
I passed him in the exit of the chicane on lap 4, then when Inpitted on lap 5 he went on, I came out just behind him and even though I accelerated faster he moved to block me, I was on fresh softs, he was on lap7 mediums.
So I decided 2 wide was foolish and file in behind.
The moment I get in behind he stands hard on the brake.
In my attempt to avoid him I graze the wall on the left but still murdered him...
Then got so upset I missed the left afterwards.....

Just spent the last hour learning Dragon Trail Seaside Reverse. Honest thoughts now I’ve learnt the track a bit…… it’s not a bad track to be fair. Obviously not right up as a fav track but I love the skill and technical side to the track. COD is still a 50/50 on whether you survive or die but rewarding once you get through.

So after an hours TT managed to put in a 1.37.109, Not sure if that a decent lap of not. Says I’m 2056 in the world but obviously a lot of people don’t set lap times. I’ve added my lap to the ghost showroom, so search for GTP and it should flag up. Did my lap in the BMW M6 Endurance.

Not done a race yet but will try tomorrow when I’m free and it’s a weaker lobby. Don’t fancy going right now when it prime time(ish)

Uploaded my lap here if you want. I got lucky in the COD, I just slightly brushed outside wall.

I passed him in the exit of the chicane on lap 4, then when Inpitted on lap 5 he went on, I came out just behind him and even though I accelerated faster he moved to block me, I was on fresh softs, he was on lap7 mediums.
In my attempt to avoid him I graze the wall on the left but still murdered him...

first of all: cool livery!!!

What really annoys me a bit from time to time is the lack of intelligence of some drivers. Just not aware of what is going on around them.

I'm not the fastest driver but I am rarely in such incidents because I try to see what is going on inside the race and around me. If I am 6 laps old medium tyres and not pitted yet and I see a car coming out of the pits I know two things:

1) this guy is likely on fresh (soft) tyres
2) he has done a pitstop and i did not yet and is near me, so he likely is faster then me

So i then decide not to fight or block this driver, especially in a part of the track that is very risky, but keep out of his way, get behind him and try to keep up. Fighting another driver who is on better tyres and likely faster anyway is going to slow both us of down, or worse, we crash and both races ruined.

He decided that he wanted to fight against the odds while he did not have the capabilities to do so and payed the consequences. (just my two cents)

The first overtake I don’t think they are any issues with that. Looks a fair overtake. Now from the prospective of the driver who just crashed, they were possibly thinking you can’t overtake there and they tried to close the corner. With the small contact they could possibly think it was a push to pass which could have triggered them into the lap 6 incident.
Lap 6 incident from the replay look like a brake check. The only thing I will say is what does that driver do on other laps when going through that corner? I’ve done it before were I’ve rear ended someone for braking early, but when I look back that is there normal driving line and braking point. But my opinion on this, it looks like a brake check.

I don't see anything you did wrong. The pass on Lap 4 was high risk but also high reward and the door was open via him hitting the wall on exit. you had the room to squeeze by and you did.

the next go 'round he did try to block your run, you could have backed off more but tbh didn't need to and as you'd been through COD with him before you should have had an idea of what he was going to do, which is why him braking there is directly responsible and therefore his fault, for you hitting him.

I expect a lift there, maybe a dab on the brakes sure, but hitting the brakes there no that's a surprise

It's nice to be back. After a 5 day vacation IRL I'm back. First thing to do, see if Brands Hatch will be fun and work on QT! Was able to break into 1:29:987. There is much room for improvement in first and final sectors. By end of week I'm unrealistically hoping to hit 1:28:xxx. In the meantime replay is saved gtp13 for anyone to use.

Screenshot_20230328_193140_PS App.jpg

It turns out that the main reason I was disliking Brands Hatch this week was that, for me, the TT was understeering like crazy, and I just couldn't do anything with it. I didn't realize it was how the car handled - I thought it was the track. But a bunch of you recommended the Suzuki, and I can't thank you enough. I can actually drive this car.

So I ran some Q laps, and even though my QT of 1:30:287 doesn't even show up on the first page of my friend's lap times, I thought I'd give the race a shot. Imagine my surprise when I saw where I was seeded in this lobby:
1680046335145.png

The leader lost it coming out of Sheene Curve on lap 1, so I was P1 for a few laps. But after a few laps I saw someone catching up, and I could tell we were separated from the rest of the pack, so I decided to let him go by. I almost didn't let him go by because he flashed his lights a few times at me before he had gotten within 3/4 of a second (it was on a straight so I don't think it was a controller accident). That's a **** move, and it always has be seeing red.

But I decided I wanted to finish a race instead of trying to defend and stress myself out, so I let him go. It was a good decision, because if I hadn't gotten two .5 second penalties on Westfield Bend, both of which I served on lap 5, I might have been able to overtake him.

In any case, I'm happy to settle for P2.
1680046296267.png

I realize one race doesn't really mean anything. But at least it wasn't the ****-show that the last few weeks has been. Not yet, anyway.

It turns out that the main reason I was disliking Brands Hatch this week was that, for me, the TT was understeering like crazy, and I just couldn't do anything with it. I didn't realize it was how the car handled - I thought it was the track. But a bunch of you recommended the Suzuki, and I can't thank you enough. I can actually drive this car.

So I ran some Q laps, and even though my QT of 1:30:287 doesn't even show up on the first page of my friend's lap times, I thought I'd give the race a shot. Imagine my surprise when I saw where I was seeded in this lobby:
View attachment 1243485

The leader lost it coming out of Sheene Curve on lap 1, so I was P1 for a few laps. But after a few laps I saw someone catching up, and I could tell we were separated from the rest of the pack, so I decided to let him go by. I almost didn't let him go by because he flashed his lights a few times at me before he had gotten within 3/4 of a second (it was on a straight so I don't think it was a controller accident). That's a **** move, and it always has be seeing red.

But I decided I wanted to finish a race instead of trying to defend and stress myself out, so I let him go. It was a good decision, because if I hadn't gotten two .5 second penalties on Westfield Bend, both of which I served on lap 5, I might have been able to overtake him.

In any case, I'm happy to settle for P2.
View attachment 1243482

I realize one race doesn't really mean anything. But at least it wasn't the ****-show that the last few weeks has been. Not yet, anyway.
Congrats! I'm hoping the turns at Brands will have a lot of people spinning off course this week (as long as i am the exception!). I'm excited to try a couple tonight and continue to improve my QT tomorrow

Just 2 races for me at Brands Hatch this evening. I didn't have an opportunity to try for a new qualifying time so just some practice and straight to races.

My time is still good for P3 on the grid. I go off track exiting Westfield Bend and am then dive bombed entering Stirling's and my race is practically done. I do move to P10 after falling to P15 in the end so not a total disaster I guess.

Race 2 also has me in P3 and this race goes so much better. I gain a spot when P2 goes off at Clark Curve and I run there until the last lap. I was holding off a Swift, but I was way too timid upon corner entry around the entire track so they get by me and I finish P3. I'll take a podium any day of the week so I'm happy. Clean race bonus too. It also turns out that we were 7 seconds ahead of P4 in the end and was 2 car race the entire way. P1 had crazy pace and we weren't going to catch them.

I was going to run another but decided against it as my left shoulder was still sore from a physical therapy session after work. Nothing major wrong with the shoulder, just some inflammation I've been dealing with. I'll try and get a better qualifying time tomorrow and try to be not so timid in the corners. I have a fear of running wide, and it's going to cost me time every lap until I get over that fear.

Just 2 races for me at Brands Hatch this evening. I didn't have an opportunity to try for a new qualifying time so just some practice and straight to races.

My time is still good for P3 on the grid. I go off track exiting Westfield Bend and am then dive bombed entering Stirling's and my race is practically done. I do move to P10 after falling to P15 in the end so not a total disaster I guess.

Race 2 also has me in P3 and this race goes so much better. I gain a spot when P2 goes off at Clark Curve and I run there until the last lap. I was holding off a Swift, but I was way too timid upon corner entry around the entire track so they get by me and I finish P3. I'll take a podium any day of the week so I'm happy. Clean race bonus too. It also turns out that we were 7 seconds ahead of P4 in the end and was 2 car race the entire way. P1 had crazy pace and we weren't going to catch them.

I was going to run another but decided against it as my left shoulder was still sore from a physical therapy session after work. Nothing major wrong with the shoulder, just some inflammation I've been dealing with. I'll try and get a better qualifying time tomorrow and try to be not so timid in the corners. I have a fear of running wide, and it's going to cost me time every lap until I get over that fea
Well done! Podium on second race of week is solid. What's your QT?

What I have found is brake before entry, coast for a second to rotate the car, and then crush the pedal through the apex. You have to cut the apex with 2 wheels this course to have fast times, especially through sectors 2 and 3. I know this sounds obvious but some recent courses this was less crucial. I shaved over a second off my times with this patience.

Back