GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,710 comments
I haven't played gt7 since Thursday afternoon, took a small break from it. Can someone tell me what the daily races are this week. I'd like to try my hand at them and perform at my best.

I haven't played gt7 since Thursday afternoon, took a small break from it. Can someone tell me what the daily races are this week. I'd like to try my hand at them and perform at my best.

Ok, thank you for the feedback!!

For Daily Race C, this is a pretty sweet setup for the dampners If you're using the Toyota Supra '19.

Drove 1'27.324, current World Record.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230919-001143_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230919-001143_YouTube.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Had some random thinking this morning and thought it would be good to have a muscle car race, camaro, charger, mustangs. The SSRX race proved PD can do some form of BoP. I'd be well up for it.

This is the daily race meeting at PD headquarters when someone proposed turning on the SR for race A at Monza in a high-powered oversteery street car with terrible brakes.
japanese tv laughing GIF

By the way, I believe that even though the game says DR is turned off, you can still lose it all if your SR tanks.
I've never seen anyone ranked A/E.
It's a big risk, with no reward race.

Not a great idea.

So, you can't gain any DR but you would be able to get a DR reset if you find yourself in a dirty or vindictive lobby.
There’s an error in the article. It says that Daily Race A has the usual no DR/SR update but SR is on this week.

Edit: the article has been corrected now.
Ah! I spoke about this just a few days ago and requested DR off / SR on (post). :D

Even if you find yourself in a race with a pair of clowns they are the ones who (unless they have a decent technique) will suffer and get pushed down to the awful lobbies. The penalty system gets talked about a lot (in a negative way) but more often than not I find that it reads situations correctly. I can be on the receiving end of a hard punt, get crashed into and bounce of the wall, be off-track and yet keep the clean race bonus. Because the penalty system read the situation correctly and understood that I wasn’t off by myself but rather as a consequence of being pushed off. Now the matter of the aggressor perhaps receiving a too weak penalty is a different matter. Your SR will be 100% intact in situations like this.

Last edited:
First online race in forever and with a new wheel. Really happy with it. Was in the 4C. Supra is a bit faster, but worse on tires. Got the dude in 2nd in the last few laps.

Put the damper settings on max right as said earlier. No one pitted in this race.

Attachments

• 20230918_162043.jpg
    20230918_162043.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 9
A+ down to B = are the lobbies that empty now even in race B?
Yes. It also depends on the time of day, and probably whether you're on PS4 or PS5.

I'm in California, on a PS5. There are times of the day that I get decent B lobbies - usually between 3PM and 7PM. But other than that, lately I've been the first or second DR B starting around P8-10. Not as much fun, but it's still enjoyable as long as people behave themselves.

I haven't run the race this week yet, so time will tell if it pans out the same.

First online race in forever and with a new wheel. Really happy with it. Was in the 4C. Supra is a bit faster, but worse on tires. Got the dude in 2nd in the last few laps.

Put the damper settings on max right as said earlier. No one pitted in this race.
Don't tell anyone else about the 4C and the tune, the races are now getting full of them! 😆

I've been running it, and it does work well. Having said that, one guy ran from pole in the Supra this afternoon, no-stopped it, had a fastest lap 3 seconds quicker than mine, and finished 13 seconds ahead of P2......

Don't tell anyone else about the 4C and the tune, the races are now getting full of them! 😆

I've been running it, and it does work well. Having said that, one guy ran from pole in the Supra this afternoon, no-stopped it, had a fastest lap 3 seconds quicker than mine, and finished 13 seconds ahead of P2......
Yeah P1 in my race checked out roo and finished 11 seconds ahead in a supra too. I'm a low B driver so I'm happy with a p2 in an all Bs race. I like the 4C though!

I think I'm going to do well this week on the days I get to race. I feel a little out of position!
I think race B will be my race this week. Looks good. Hopefully my left foot will be back up to strength by tomorrow...
A+ down to B = are the lobbies that empty now even in race B?
Early in the week and early in the day. Wait until you get into the after work crowd..

I did some upgrades to my rig while my foot was healing and it felt strong enough for a test today. I tried QT for race B.

Then I realized something. I've never driven full Lago Maggiore in this direction before. It's a hard track! Driving around, I'm saying to myself, oh I've done this before... no this should be backwards, oooh, that's from the TT....

I've driven lots of bits of it and in the opposite direction. I'm finding it tough. Now I'm not so sure this'll be my race this week. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Tyre management race at Brands? I may actually have a chance this week of not being last.
Yeah, not last :)

IMG_3832.jpeg

Lovely little Alfa at the best track in the world - good times.

Polesitter and fastest lap went to a Swede in a Scirocco. Blindingly fast but they had to pit lap 5 - still got to 3 seconds of me at the end.

My tyres at the end (with the maxed out damper setting)

IMG_3835.jpeg

I did some upgrades to my rig while my foot was healing and it felt strong enough for a test today. I tried QT for race B.

Then I realized something. I've never driving full Lago Maggiore in this direction before. It's a hard track! Driving around, I'm saying to myself, oh I've done this before... no this should be backwards, oooh, that's from the TT....

I've driving lots of bits of it and in the opposite direction. I'm finding it tough. Now I'm not so sure this'll be my race this week. 🤷‍♂️

I'm loving the Lambo around it. Give it a try.

Ran my first race this week at Lago Maggiore, using the Lambo. The car feels good. I've got all sorts of assists on right now - I'll see whether I need them or not as I get more used to the track.

I started P10 in an all-DR B lobby, so I've got some work to do in qualifying.

I finished P6, which sounds like a good gain - especially with 2 seconds of track violations (cool place they have for serving the penalties), but what really happened was 4 people in front of me lost it, and I just kept driving. The gap between me and P5 was something like 8 seconds, so it's not like I ran great laps.

I'd like to tell you something about how everyone else raced - dirty? Clean? No clue. I was by myself most of the time. Fingers crossed for this week, because it's a fun track to drive.

Then I realized something. I've never driven full Lago Maggiore in this direction before. It's a hard track! Driving around, I'm saying to myself, oh I've done this before... no this should be backwards, oooh, that's from the TT....

I've driving lots of bits of it and in the opposite direction. I'm finding it tough. Now I'm not so sure this'll be my race this week. 🤷‍♂️
Glad your foot is healing! At first I thought Maggiore was hard too, but I got used to it faster than I usually do with new-ish (to me) tracks. Gr.3 on mediums is fun! Of course, I've still got a crap QT, but hopefully that'll change. Good luck and have fun!

30,000 points, but still only B? It's unfair.

Have you played with the damper settings yet?
Check your messages on PlayStation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230918-155009.png
    Screenshot_20230918-155009.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 9
  • f227c30e-31dd-4882-a2c6-3a82175cc42f_text.gif
    f227c30e-31dd-4882-a2c6-3a82175cc42f_text.gif
    210.6 KB · Views: 9
Back