GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,713 comments
The only excuse for repeating so many combos in this day and age...

We're all part of the giant test bed that is GT7 Sport Mode
Maybe it's all a giant AI experiment and we aren't really racing anyone.
glitch_in_the_matrix.gif

A normal company would be looking at the forthcoming Forza title and ensuring their output is at its best, both with online events and single player game updates.

PD however...

Seems completely unfazed by anything.

And uninterested in Sport.
GT7 still has basic features missing, shoddy UI/UX (why does it take so long to navigate the UI?), stuff still broken from launch, a three-quarter-arsed VR implementation, and no interest in showing any Sport mode love. I don’t get how PD/Kaz can show such little love and pride for their creation. It’s so weird.

But despite all that, I still love it. It’s my most-played game ever I think.

GT7 still has basic features missing, shoddy UI/UX (why does it take so long to navigate the UI?), stuff still broken from launch, a three-quarter-arsed VR implementation, and no interest in showing any Sport mode love. I don’t get how PD/Kaz can show such little love and pride for their creation. It’s so weird.

But despite all that, I still love it. It’s my most-played game ever I think.
Agree with all of that....

On the topic of Daily races I'm slowly coming to peace with myself on this not being a combination in B that I'm strong at, depending on lobby mildly competitive but not one I feel going in to each race that I have a reasonable chance in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 8
Agree with all of that....

On the topic of Daily races I'm slowly coming to peace with myself on this not being a combination in B that I'm strong at, depending on lobby mildly competitive but not one I feel going in to each race that I have a reasonable chance in.

I'm not bad at this combo per se, but in morning lobbies when 1/3 consists of A+ drivers I don't have much chance. I did a bit earlier, but I'm hoping Friday afternoon has more even competition.

I'm not bad at this combo per se, but in morning lobbies when 1/3 consists of A+ drivers I don't have much chance. I did a bit earlier, but I'm hoping Friday afternoon has more even competition.
I echo both of these. I feel that I can be middling competitive in that, once I switched to the M6, in the A/A+ lobbies I could be mid pack competitive around P7, holding my own, except I had that one wheel issue and that one driver that caused me carnage resulting in my loss of DR A rating. I feel the quality of the driving in DR A was generally better and for the most part I was enjoying the challenge of improving on the course. My wife disagrees though, in that I put is so many hours in practice, that she now thinks I have an unhealthy addiction and I need an intervention. IDK, perhaps.. 🤷‍♂️

The races in DR B though were an utter mess. While I had good QT for that, the driving of the SR A/B drivers behind me had me getting abused and that wasn't fun. Perhaps now I am back in SR S it would be better but I'll be away from the PS5 for the remainder of the week so no races going forward.

In a way, I'm kind of sad that I can't compete after so much effort put in, but I'm also kind of glad, in that this combo just seemed so much harder that it potentially should have been.

I echo both of these. I feel that I can be middling competitive in that, once I switched to the M6, in the A/A+ lobbies I could be mid pack competitive around P7, holding my own, except I had that one wheel issue and that one driver that caused me carnage resulting in my loss of DR A rating. I feel the quality of the driving in DR A was generally better and for the most part I was enjoying the challenge of improving on the course. My wife disagrees though, in that I put is so many hours in practice, that she now thinks I have an unhealthy addiction and I need an intervention. IDK, perhaps.. 🤷‍♂️

The races in DR B though were an utter mess. While I had good QT for that, the driving of the SR A/B drivers behind me had me getting abused and that wasn't fun. Perhaps now I am back in SR S it would be better but I'll be away from the PS5 for the remainder of the week so no races going forward.

In a way, I'm kind of sad that I can't compete after so much effort put in, but I'm also kind of glad, in that this combo just seemed so much harder that it potentially should have been.
As a pit stop race for fuel in GR4 this would be epic.

As a 5 lap sprint and especially after the curb physics update it's just not fun.

And to be blunt to PD on this, elevation changes are cool, off camber corners always gonna be tricky but this is a made up track. So one no one could ever practice outside of your eco system.

It's a fantasy track trying to combine all the worst/best elements of race tracks.

It maybe boring or featureless but most GT level racing happens on mostly flattish tracks there are some outliers I concede / mini rant over 😝

Edit: I have some great race footage of me and @TechnoIsLove is you want to see it.

2 wide in some tight spaces

Last edited:
I've gotten my Race B qualifying time down to a 1:55.605, however, my race results today have me demoted back to DR B. I haven't had any races where I've survived the first 2 turns.

Frustrating, but I've got the pace to do better. My last race had me finish in P11 after being punted and dropped to last, but I picked up the fastest lap, ha.

Edit: I've had much better races for the last hour, almost getting back to DR A. Pretty proud of coming in behind only two A+ drivers. I qualified 2nd and was able to defend one A+ driver until the end of lap 2. Making progress!

Attachments

• 18abe7e607942-screenshotUrl.png
    18abe7e607942-screenshotUrl.png
    283.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Just ventured out to the dailies for the first time in a few months. It's savage and filthy out there. Did a bunch of daily B, starting from the back as I have some pace but keep spinning out and didn't want to take out others. Found out passing someone is considered a death sentence offense of dirty driving.

Honesltly I met more dirty drivers than clean starting at the back. Was DFL in most races due to my own spins, but when racing I kept running into random drivers who would shove people wide if attempting any pass and turn in on anyone regardless of how early you got alongside. I wasn't above some retaliation on 1 driver, but it was more worth it to finish behind them anyway.

I need to get back to leagues. This was a horrible run.
I've noticed that Maggoire seems harder to get a lap under 2 minutes no matter where I try to improve, it will never happen. I did get a QT time of 1'59.038 with the Subaru BRZ, I have a replay of it if you want to see. The first half always stalls me a second or two.

I've noticed that Maggoire seems harder to get a lap under 2 minutes no matter where I try to improve, it will never happen. I did get a QT time of 1'59.038 with the Subaru BRZ, I have a replay of it if you want to see. The first half always stalls me a second or two.
Do you set up one of the top times as a ghost or watch their replay to learn a fast line and braking points? That can help tremendously.

Thanks for the offer but I'm all good. The spins and drop off in speed are due to me trying to learn the wheel. Still able to run 57s in race when not spinning or not dodging hot-headed muppets. Was also staying at the back so my spins and mess didn't cripple others. Just sad that these people had SR S despite shoving cars off or grinding them away on the walls.

I think today will be start and quit to drop back to DR B. I've got solid pace, but wrecking myself an average of twice every 5 laps says I need more work.

Just ventured out to the dailies for the first time in a few months. It's savage and filthy out there. Did a bunch of daily B, starting from the back as I have some pace but keep spinning out and didn't want to take out others. Found out passing someone is considered a death sentence offense of dirty driving.

Honesltly I met more dirty drivers than clean starting at the back. Was DFL in most races due to my own spins, but when racing I kept running into random drivers who would shove people wide if attempting any pass and turn in on anyone regardless of how early you got alongside. I wasn't above some retaliation on 1 driver, but it was more worth it to finish behind them anyway.

I need to get back to leagues. This was a horrible run.
Yeah I understand your pain! Best advice I can give with doing dailies is to set a good qualification time and start up the front of the grid. This way you avoid all the mid-pack muppets and if you are fast enough you will drive off into the horizon. I have found once you get to the higher lobbies (A+/A and even high Bs) the racing gets a lot cleaner, more respectful and everyone has a better handle on their race craft.
Saying that, we miss you over at ADR mate!!

Yeah I understand your pain! Best advice I can give with doing dailies is to set a good qualification time and start up the front of the grid. This way you avoid all the mid-pack muppets and if you are fast enough you will drive off into the horizon. I have found once you get to the higher lobbies (A+/A and even high Bs) the racing gets a lot cleaner, more respectful and everyone has a better handle on their race craft.
Saying that, we miss you over at ADR mate!!
Don't worry about ADR. Looking at returning once I'm more comfortable on the wheel. But just trying to get more racing in last night and was really wowed by the carnage.

To anyone who complains about the carnage: If you're willing to share your replay, let us know and some of us can take a look at it. Sometimes it's a matter of not understanding how people are attacking a race, and inadvertently putting yourself in harms way.

Of course, a lot of the times it's just a plain bloodbath for no good reason. Still, the offer's there (not that I, personally, will necessarily know, but surely someone will.)

Man these past couple of weeks have been horrible for my personal time and allocating some of it for GT7.

I did put some laps for Race B qualy and managed a 1:56:5 today. Did 4 races today and I was surprised (not in a good way) just how much the sportsmanship stands have gone down this week...

Every race was just anticipating when and where the punts and shoves are going to come from! As much as I prepared, I still got a couple of hits which I didn't manage to avoid...

Has this been the same for others? Sport Mode isn't the example (overall) of fair racing but this week seems especially crappy ⚰️

Attachments

• 18abf567f1987-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18abf567f1987-screenshotUrl.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 18abf5634eb70-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
    18abf5634eb70-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 9
I was surprised (not in a good way) just how much the sportsmanship stands have gone down this week...

Has this been the same for others? Sport Mode isn't the example (overall) of fair racing but this week seems especially crappy ⚰️

Yes. My early A races weren’t bad but as the week went on it got worse. I’ve documented my woes already.

Hopefully next week will be better.

Last edited:
To anyone who complains about the carnage: If you're willing to share your replay, let us know and some of us can take a look at it. Sometimes it's a matter of not understanding how people are attacking a race, and inadvertently putting yourself in harms way.

Of course, a lot of the times it's just a plain bloodbath for no good reason. Still, the offer's there (not that I, personally, will necessarily know, but surely someone will.)
I saved 1 from last night but it was to check on something I thought might have happened up front because a known rager was up there. I gave the 1 guy I retaliated against a lot of slack for a couple of races before I decided that he was deliberately doing this stuff. Especially when I get by smooth because I watched him defend the inside then run the driver clear off track on the outside, slowing himself enough for me to cut back by in the process. Then I got rear ended off at the next set of turns. But definitely plenty of rage available in B for anyone wanting it.

Man these past couple of weeks have been horrible for my personal time and allocating some of it for GT7.

I did put some laps for Race B qualy and managed a 1:56:5 today. Did 4 races today and I was surprised (not in a good way) just how much the sportsmanship stands have gone down this week...

Every race was just anticipating when and where the punts and shoves are going to come from! As much as I prepared, I still got a couple of hits which I didn't manage to avoid...

That was the race I was gonna upload. I was in the other 650 (Doritos livery)

Really tight racing until you drove off in to the the sunset and promptly missed my breaking marker by about 1 gazillion feet!

Edit: Which is the avoiding swerve in the banked corner where I missed my brake marker and tried to go through the gap for the gravel but didn't quite make it and hit the Porsche so slowed up to let everyone pass

Last edited:
For those interested... When I did beat the META a few weeks ago with the Watkins Daily I noticed this problem amplified... I noticed it again with the Sardegna C in reverse layout so I've made a video about how the different sessions can impact the qualificatioin times.

For those interested... When I did beat the META a few weeks ago with the Watkins Daily I noticed this problem amplified... I noticed it again with the Sardegna C in reverse layout so I've made a video about how the different sessions can impact the qualificatioin times.

Welcome to the party! We discovered that some time back on this thread, or perhaps it was the Time Trial thread that some sessions can have you lapping significantly off the pace from others. If a session is not working for you, you can try reset but really to affect the session, you need to completely exit out and restart your QT, not just reset. You will then often find the next session runs better. If not, try again and eventually the track conditions will be preferable.

This was called out a while ago with the trial mountain QT for the daily.

If you wait until it gets dark and the track starts to cool you go significantly faster.

Edit: this was in March

Attachments

• IMG_9824.jpeg
    IMG_9824.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
What's worse for the morale than finishing P9?
1695488884331.png

Totally my fault. I tried to defend against someone in lap 1, and I turned into him and ended up spinning out. Like I said, all my fault.

It hasn't been bad for me (in Daily Race B). But you know that old saying that if you can't see the idiot in the room, it's probably you? It was certainly me last night. I ruined two people's races (and looking back, probably at least one more) with very poor choices. I still feel bad about it. But no, I didn't stop. Not sure why - I guess I was just "grumpy" last night.
But definitely plenty of rage available in B for anyone wanting it.
For me personally, rage is really dangerous. When the red mist starts flowing, not only will I try to ruin other people's races, but I'll end up ruining my own too. I'm much better now, although I have to make a conscious effort to squash it down, every single time.

(By the way, rage had nothing to do with my performance last night - I just plain sucked.)

Appreciate this Tidge - it's nice to have proper evidence for this and have a proper voice speaking up against it. Hopefully they listen and address it, they certainly wouldn't if it was just us plebs!

Back