GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 35,969 comments
Was good to see you in the race and I had no idea what happened until watching the replay. Bummer on your wheel issue.

This is your offender and he just tried pushing through on the curb when you slowed due to the chaos ahead.

View attachment 1288951

Watching the replay I didn’t understand why you quit but it makes sense now because you were driving back and forth but not steering back on to the track. 😬
My RS T300 has been solid for my ability and I don’t see changes in wheel coming anytime soon 😉 Hopefully you find a permanent fix!

I also figured out why that car pulled to the side as we started and it was because he had IM’s on instead of RM’s and didn’t want to get driven over since he started p4. He pitted on lap one but made it back to p13 for the finish. He must have realized he had the wrong tires after warm up because otherwise he could have changed them before the start 🤷🏻‍♂️

See you again soon in races I’m sure and hope for better fortune. You’ll have that A back this week if you can keep the wheel in check 👍
Well blow me! Figures it would be a car with that livery that takes me out. LOL.

Finally figured out a bit of tyre preservation in the 4C at Brands Hatch.

Started in 9th in a stronger lobby than I've been experiencing so far this week... 3rd to 8th were visibly fighting ahead of me and a strong sector 1 takes me away from 10th. So I just sit back and concentrate on smooth driving, fully with the intention of saving that rubber. Slowly 10th starts to gain, no panic, stick to your marks. Fast forward to the latter part of the race, several ahead have made mistakes and are now fighting to recover behind me and myself and the earlier-in-10th Frenchman are competing with the others for 4th place. By the final 2 laps it's just me and him, he takes me at the end to claim P4 but it was a fair and hard fight.

Also a lesson in clean driving, as he'd been in several lobbies with me and my courtesy was repaid in kind.

Hey, you can't use the excuse of the DD Pro coming loose as an excuse for a quick drop from A back to B. I used that excuse a couple of weeks ago, you need to come up with something original.

It is a right pain though, think I'm on my 5th attempt at fixing it and it's holding up so far. It's probably waiting for the last few laps of my first GT1 World Series race on Saturday to let go again. I've learnt to have plan B ready, switch back to the controller mid race so I can still bring it home, hopefully avoiding being totally last.
I wonder if the bolt that holds the clamp is weak and is just stretching out causing the clamp to loosen enough. Perhaps a higher strength bolt might help. I have a support email with Fanatec going on re. this and I just sent them their requested video this morning.

Anyway this is a bit off topic and we should probably reserve the Fanatec talk to the Fanatec thread...

Last edited:
F6j3LNyW0AAFq6B.jpg
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I've been having a hard time figuring out why I am off the pace for daily B this week so I did a comparison.

While I lose .6s on just the first corners the rest of the gaps do not seem that great but it adds up to a 2.85s slower lap than the best M6 👽 lap out there!

So it's death by a thousand cuts...

I've been having a hard time figuring out why I am off the pace for daily B this week so I did a comparison.

While I lose .6s on just the first corners the rest of the gaps do not seem that great but it adds up to a 2.85s slower lap than the best M6 👽 lap out there!

So it's death by a thousand cuts...

It's such a long circuit and looooong straights.

I'm over driving rather than focusing on just how long I can accelerate on to the straights and it's killing my lap time. This is the one circuit that being fast in the corners is actually a bad thing.

Edit:

I fall in the the trap of I can be faster at the apex than they are.....yet the faster times all go slower than me to the apexes....it's me attacking to hard.

Last edited:
Race 1 has me in P7 and @GrumpyOldMan is in my lobby. I send a driver to the deepest darkest part of the shadow realm as I get into the back of them before the Big Banky Boy on lap 1. No idea what happened but my guess is I went in too hot. I let them pass on the final lap and finish P15.
I wondered what happened to you. It was good to see you in the lobby, in any case.
of course driver is a major factor here - but still..)
Sacrilege!
Well that is because one race only lasted 1/2 lap....
I hate to sat I laughed at this, but I really did. Who knew math could be funny?

When you don't win a lot there's that elation of the occasional victory but also the devastation of being this f'n close.

F6kplmFXgAAcRe0.jpg

On a track that I'm not good at and just happened to land on the perfect race while grinding my butt off through the laps to be pipped by this much.

Not knowing if I'll get in this position again.

It's gutting!

Last edited:
I had a few runs at Brands Hatch last night. Used the Supra to qualify (it really is a joy to drive that car around there), and then used the 4C in the races. Picked up places in each by keeping it on the island and avoiding the usual carnage that seems to occur through a combination of poor race craft, impatience and road rage. Managed to grab three places on one lap because someone jumped on the brakes halfway along Hangar Straight :lol:

I‘m in mixed lobbies from A+ down to C so I figure I’m unlikely to win or come last, but lots of people rage quitting, leaving only 8 runners at the end in one event. Best result was a 4th, tires are doing fine so I can probably pick up the pace without too many concerns. I did try the Porsche Cayman in one race, and as nice as it is to drive, it’s not that fast over lap and eats tires compared to the 4C. Feels like there is a wider spread on BoP in Gr4 than Gr3?

Couple more Race C today. Shockingly dirty. Granted I'm in a lower lobby, but this was aggressively dirty. Rear-ended L1 into Druids, down 4 positions. Side swiped at Graham Hill and off into the grass. Later, destroyed going into Paddock Bend ..really makes me wonder why I'm driving clean.

Did a 6 race session on daily C. Had 2 REAL BAD races right off the bat involving dirty drivers and then my own incompetence… and was within a pixel of losing my newly minted A+. Decided to mess with the clickers on the Slophy some to find a faster race setting, and ended up getting a new qually time of 1:28.xxx out of it! There might be a couple more tenths in there somewhere, but I think that car in my hands is maxed out. However, that time is just about good enough for 8th-10th in mixed A+/A lobbies, so everyone is using the Supra for sure. Tried my hand with it, and it’s going to take some real getting used to. I normally don’t have issue with RHD cars in VR, but I’m having issues with this one. And the Citroen is just too hard to see out of.

Finished the afternoon with a 4th, a 2nd, and two wins…. so that’s something I suppose. After my last race, I decided to rent a 4C for a 10 minute TT session to see what the big deal is. And, uhmmmm…. yeah…. cant do it. Thing turns on a dime, but it’s completely uninspiring to drive. I think I’ll work on my Slophy tune a little more, and maybe see if I can figure out this Supra later tonight in a TT session.

….or maybe I’ll just grind. The Mercedes CLK/LM is in the legends dealership right now, and that’s the last car I need in order to complete my “legends of LeMans” grid for custom races

Had my first ever win in daily C in a B/S lobby. I rarely do C, I tend to switch off at some point and bin it.
My QT is a 1.28.6XX in the Citroën but have been running the AC in the race.
Let the Supras go by and try to stay close and wait for them to pit and hopefully hang on.

Attachments

• 18ab9a47b3380-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18ab9a47b3380-screenshotUrl.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 9
Yep, that's me. In single-player mode, I can just pause the game and take a break. For some strange reason, the game won't let me pause an online race. :lol:

All kidding aside, congrats for the win! I know you battled more than just other drivers.
Lol, I'm the same way with the C races, and they disqualify you for pausing for a long period of time. See it happened to me many times back then in 2022.

Ran 3 quick EMEA races in Daily B today. Q10\P14, Q9\P4 (CRB), and Q12\P9 (CRB). First race with my rig and the M6 Sprint I just could not seem to put together 5 smooth laps. Second race (also with the M6 Sprint but using a PS4) gave me back the stability I was lacking in the first race. Third race was back on the rig but ran the BRZ and had a good race.

For those tracking DR here is how these races went . . . DR D 53%, R1 down to 27%, R2 back to 45%, and R3 down a little to 43%. This reminds me of watching stock prices. You can go bonkers if you watch the hourly values. So my thought is it can be fun to track but the heck with letting it drive how (& when) to race.

Drive clean, have fun, support your fellow sim racers. See all you "D" racers out of the track.

Ran 3 quick EMEA races in Daily B today. Q10\P14, Q9\P4 (CRB), and Q12\P9 (CRB). First race with my rig and the M6 Sprint I just could not seem to put together 5 smooth laps. Second race (also with the M6 Sprint but using a PS4) gave me back the stability I was lacking in the first race. Third race was back on the rig but ran the BRZ and had a good race.

For those tracking DR here is how these races went . . . DR D 53%, R1 down to 27%, R2 back to 45%, and R3 down a little to 43%. This reminds me of watching stock prices. You can go bonkers if you watch the hourly values. So my thought is it can be fun to track but the heck with letting it drive how (& when) to race.

Drive clean, have fun, support your fellow sim racers. See all you "D" racers out of the track.
Can you look up your driver stats in sport mode on gt7. Have you heard of Kudosprime?

Can you look up your driver stats in sport mode on gt7. Have you heard of Kudosprime?
Yep, used Kudos a lot during GTS days. Started updating Kudos last week for GT7.

I have not seen GT7 TimeTrial events listed like they were for GTS.

I'm done with racing this week. Two more races continues my reversing trend.

The B races with the DR B crowd, not helped by my SR A rating (picked up in daily A) putting me with SR A/B drivers has been severe.

I improved my QT to a 1:56.479 which put me 3rd on the grid. Alas I had two SR B drivers behind me. Turn 1 was not pretty and I'll let the video show how the race was finished before it started.

My second crash was because I'd forgotten about dirty tires/damage and with no TCS on, accelerating back up again it caught me by surprise. In the end, because there was so much drama in the pack ahead - I watched the replay from many cars views and it was brutal - I was able to catch up and finish 11th. Though, my high DR B must have been offset by quite a few lower DR Bs behind me as the DR drop for me was pretty harsh.

Oh, that car I marked as a potential back marker, gave up on lap 4 and started playing around on the track, driving backward and basically having fun with themselves. I think they may have intended to take some other cars out as they lapped but the only thing that happened was that they ghosted. It was pretty sad, and funny at the same time.

My second race I improved the QT further to 1:56.465 but that did not help and I start Q4. This lobby was better with mostly SR A and some SR S as my prior race lapping clean at the back was obviously helping recover my SR, though I was still an A. Upon the start turn 1 was clean but at turn 2, P3 in front of me slows considerably and I get stuck behind as P5 and P6 make a pass on the inside. I'm actually pretty impressed at the speed they made that turn, though I think my side was used as a wall ride during acceleration with them fully on the yellow and rumble strip. I lose one more spot turn 4 and this is becoming not the race I hoped for. With my nose up the back of the car in front having caught up through turn 5, I don't know what happened but I bin it at turn 6, down to last. I can only summarize that being so close to the car in front and with my driving with no TCS now, loss of downforce caused the car to lose grip. It happened so quickly.
Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 11.49.13 PM.jpeg

In the end I finished 12th with another significant drop to my DR. The only consolation is that it at least it put my SR back to S after laps with no traffic.

For those that don't like DR focus LOOK AWAY NOW!

After a good last week, this week has had me seeing nothing but red. It makes me wonder what my results would have been if I had focused on Brands Hatch instead...

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 11.54.41 PM.png

Last edited:
Just ventured out to the dailies for the first time in a few months. It's savage and filthy out there. Did a bunch of daily B, starting from the back as I have some pace but keep spinning out and didn't want to take out others. Found out passing someone is considered a death sentence offense of dirty driving.

Honesltly I met more dirty drivers than clean starting at the back. Was DFL in most races due to my own spins, but when racing I kept running into random drivers who would shove people wide if attempting any pass and turn in on anyone regardless of how early you got alongside. I wasn't above some retaliation on 1 driver, but it was more worth it to finish behind them anyway.

I need to get back to leagues. This was a horrible run.

Back