GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,135 comments
How many victories do you have?
Not that many. I’m a much better time-trialist than racer.
IMG_8161.jpeg

Oh and for racing, I tend to default to aids off but may as then if I find the need.

Typically, for Gr3 I with QT with no aids but race with TCS1. For a few very tail happy cars I may have CSA on.

Gr4 and road cars usual no aids. But iI used aids for a long time until I got a very nice cockpit setup. Now I can feel the car and rely less on the nanny tech. Still it’s useful for many and if I see an advantage I’ll use it.

Last edited:
Yay! Racing mediums!

I’ll give the Clio a miss at NGP sprint. I hate that track and the car is on CS. Yuck.

B is certainly interesting. My tune on the G70 appears to work well. Full tuning! That may be my race this week.

C at Brands, with no tuning, will be manic in Gr.3. I’m beginning to feel good about Brands now after all the TTs there recently, still for wreckfest of the week, I reckon BH in Gr3 will be it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I will also go with the B this week on the main account, just need to try out the crazy-reversed G70 settings and see what people set up for ride height and camber/toe, since those 3 settings were not available couple of weeks ago in Brands Indy.

Yay! Racing mediums!

I’ll give the Clio a miss at NGP sprint. I hate that track and the car is on CS. Yuck.

B is certainly interesting. My tune on the G70 appears to work well. Full tuning! That may be my race this week.

C at brand, with no tuning, will be manic in Gr.3. I’m beginning to feel good about Brands now after all the TTs there recently, still for wreckfest of the week, I reckon BH in Gr3 will be out.
daily B doesnt have full tuning. Still no access to the camber/toe, trans, and aero.

Daily C has the same setups avaliable as Daily B.

If any wants a set up to start them off, this one for the G70 is good, just went from 7th to 2nd.

Looks like QT will be super important, 1.42.995 to start me off

Make that 1.41.611 :)

Attachments

• IMG_3478.jpeg
    IMG_3478.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3477.png
    IMG_3477.png
    277.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I can share my set up if anyone is interested as well?

IMG_0453.jpeg

Jumped in to a daily B, qualified ahead of Kie and Kosta.

Happily running 2nd no real pressure and then (in an A/A+ lobby) 😭 was not happy at all. (Perpetrators view - skip to second chicane towards the end if you don't want to see the context) probably a racing incident and he thought about stopping...just long enough to avoid a pen.

Last edited:
Perhaps it’s not all that impressive, but it’s much better than my 151 I had before I started this evening.

I got the G70 into the 1:46s for daily race C (1:46.764). It’s a bit touch and go through the chicane of death with the inherent understeer of the car, but I have a tune on this that if you keep it in fourth gear seems to clean the COD quite well. My tune is at the end of the video.

GT7 | Daily Race C 24-21 | G70 qualifying lap and tune

Anyway, posting this in case somebody’s looking for another car to use for daily rate C. This thing is pretty stable, hammering it through the curbs in the esses. The one place you have to be careful is the chicane of death that’s it.

I have not raced it though so I’ve no idea what it’s like in the race with tires and fuel.

Thanks for the post, I learn a lot from watching those. The glaring differences are the braking and the line. I’m actually faster in many spots which puts me under heavy braking in places that you never even touch the brakes. Also, you take a more direct line on corners with a tire off the curbing, this upsets my car too much which, I guess, is incorrect damper settings.
Lots to learn.

Been having a lot of fun racing with my American and central/South American compadres this week.

Ignoring the ones @Sum1s2pid was in which never panned out on the most part 🤣

I've moved up to the A/A+ lobbies but this is purely because the numbers aren't there with 14 car grids 🤷‍♂️

The racing is clean but bloody tight as you'd expect. There is only minimal room in most quarters but contact is minimal (in the ones I experienced)

The highlight of the week was my 10 year old daughter walking in as I was trying to full throttle the chicane of death....her advice was "dad, just YEET IT" that made me die as a dad but also a two tyre wall clipping death 🤣 I love it when I get reminded there is more to life and this is just a game.
Is there any significant difference in racing etiquette between the two regions?
In other words, can the difference one perceives be nothing more than a few individuals with lousy attitudes?
Or, is it like you have to mentally prepare yourself when switching regions, to expect certain differences in racing culture?

In GT Sport I had an Asian account, and it seemed to me like there was a bit more mutual respect on the track, than in the Americas.

Is there any significant difference in racing etiquette between the two regions?
In other words, can the difference one perceives be nothing more than a few individuals with lousy attitudes?
Or, is it like you have to mentally prepare yourself when switching regions, to expect certain differences in racing culture?

In GT Sport I had an Asian account, and it seemed to me like there was a bit more mutual respect on the track, than in the Americas.
That is a very very very good question and I've thought about it quite a lot and here is where I land.

In the sprint races it's a lot tougher/rougher contact wise and petulant children wise in the US but that is down to different player numbers and spreads being thinner I think.

In the daily C's it's much more gentlemanly on the most part.

A few things of note:

Generally car control and positioning differs a lot between the regions but again I think this is demographic and player base related.

Broadly and this is a sweeping generalisation is that race pace splits in 2 for the US lobbies (because of player spreads) so you have the consistent quick peeps and the other peeps.

So overall it's very similar but in Europe there seems "just" to be a broader spread of skills and less fractionally retaliation mentality.

Neither region is good or bad and I don't change my approach for either. 3 times this week I've had people message me saying that racing me was the best racing they experienced on GT, because we went contactless through the esses at DT and I did the switcheroo on the last corner.

Conversely i didn't have had that chance in higher EMEA lobbies because things were tighter and generally the understanding of race craft is a bit better. No weaving or blocking just picking track position and taking the defensive line with no running wide contact to the attacking car.

If we ignore the missile people muppets which are rife in all regions.

I'd say there is no difference between the lobbies just the spreads are thinner in the US ones.

The A+ are fast in all regions and the muppets are in all regions. I think in Europe we benefit a bit more with lobbies populated by the same people and you build a virtual raport with them so it's all good mostly...not all the time.

Controversially I would say that the lobby ratings aren't a one for one between the EMEA ones and US but again volume of players probably dictates the quality of racing and lobbies but crucially the points distribution, with shallower lobbies being easier (relative) to gain points because you can grab from a smaller closer pool.

Last edited:
That's the tune I'm running, but I'm nowhere near your alien time!

Hasn't stopped me having some good results though - it works very well in the race, and you can make up lots of places when others go off!

Same has been applying at Brands, where I'm usually starting last of those with a QT, and with the pole time 3 seconds faster than mine, but have still managed a couple of podiums.....

That's the tune I'm running, but I'm nowhere near your alien time!

Hasn't stopped me having some good results though - it works very well in the race, and you can make up lots of places when others go off!

Same has been applying at Brands, where I'm usually starting last of those with a QT, and with the pole time 3 seconds faster than mine, but have still managed a couple of podiums.....
Funny enough if you ignore the track length it's technically the same as brands with 2 high speed coast corners and then a couple of technical chicanes.

My time is not alien 😢 as I'm down to 88th already! It will tumble a lot tomorrow when the bank holiday crowd go back to work!

Well, I'm getting ready to work on the A races. Wish me luck. It's interesting how PD calculates the PP of each car based on the mass/weight of it. They must have some system down pat.

@sturk0167 I always wondered that too, I'm sure all regions (U.S., UK, Asia, Europe, Africa, etc.) have different driving methods and etiquettes. I know most of the aliens are from Europe or Asia. That's what I'm guessing. I'm not an expert on the subject.

Actually I'm one of those mere mortals who tries to do the best of my ability out there on the track. Whether it's a Group 3 car or some road car. My energy fluctuates from day to day.

Last edited:
First go at Daily B after a week off, went for the Huracán as there were a few in the top 10 times.
Had a play around with some tunes and got a reasonable time for this early in the week but haven't raced it yet, its a bit twitchy so may have to try the G70 or 650.

View attachment 1359121
For race pace in EU lobbies the Hurracan was quick, the G70 almost as quick but stable.

The 650s didn't get close and the ones that did where sliding everywhere.

The car that has peaked my interest is the TT. I know 2 people using it in the top 10 and lost to it as posted above. I just don't have a tune for it or at least a sharp end tune. I'd assume the Mazda one works well loosening the diff and a bit more turn in but I honestly don't know

Not a full comeback but thought since it's a Bank Holiday have a couple of races, B is quite a good one. Race A I managed to make an Irish man very angry so not sure I'll go back there yet but meantime:

For race pace in EU lobbies the Hurracan was quick, the G70 almost as quick but stable.

The 650s didn't get close and the ones that did where sliding everywhere.

The car that has peaked my interest is the TT. I know 2 people using it in the top 10 and lost to it as posted above. I just don't have a tune for it or at least a sharp end tune. I'd assume the Mazda one works well loosening the diff and a bit more turn in but I honestly don't know
IMG_0179.JPG

I am at 1:41:1(1:40.5 optimal) high 1:41, low 1:42s in the race, been though LOTS of experimentation this morning. ABS weak, brake balance -5.

this tune is rapid around the two long sweeper and though the high speed chicance, the mid speed one you can basically hit the curbs dead on, but it struggle on the tight hairpin with front end wheel spin and can be unstable, and the last chicane is can be very unstable.

oh Edit the Brake sensitivity should be "5" NOT "10"

Last edited:
Really like the flow of Kyoto in a Gr.4 on RM tires. Put down a 1:42.597 QT for Race B in the NSX (default settings). Decided to head online as is, and saw some familiar players, which is always nice.

Race 1: Started P4. Had a hairy start and almost got collected a few times. Managed to eek out a small gap to the cars behind me, but the cars out front ran off into the sunset. More than happy to finish P3.

Race 2: Started P6. Made a poor decision to pass through the esses on the last lap, and dropped a few places, leaving me to finish in P9.

Race 3: Started P9. My brain left the chat and I had a solo spin, putting me down in P15 (last). Was making good progress until I got hip-checked into the barrier coming out of the esses on the last lap. Salvaged a P12.

Whittled a half second off my QT, for a 1:42.095.

Race 4: Started P2. My tiny lizard brain decided that I needed to have another solo spin. Struggled my way back up to P11.

Race 5: Started P2. Lead car bungled the chicane, and I inherited the lead. Almost lost it in the kink before the final straight, but the car that was closing in on me followed me off, and I managed to hold on for my 7th win with P1!

Race 6: Started P5. Got shoved around a bit and dropped a few places. Had trouble getting past a Cayman, but eventually did, and nabbed P10.

full

full

Back