GT7 & E3

• Thread starter NoLimitz80
  • 1,028 comments
Just saving everyone (well those) from getting disappointed again. Is that wrong?

This! That'll be epic! :D:tup:
That's not saving anybody, everyone is allowed to think what they want to think, and you just keep shooting them down for it. As I said in my other post, there's no discussion anymore, just snide little comments like that one.
I mean how dare people have a different thought/feeling/opinion eh?

edit: oops quoted wrong part of the post.

K. Here's my opinion about this whole thing:

People are desperately waiting for GT7 to hit PS4. Basically no info has been "released" about GT7, expect it'll have standards and it'll arrive before 2017. Then there was the Sony conference at E3. Any signs of GT there? Nope. PD seriously needs to hurry the heck up, or they'll probably have a hard time. With FM6 coming out at September 15th, and Assetto Corsa coming to consoles next year, PD needs to deliver. Either during a random announcement at E3, an announcement at Pikes Peak, or at TGS.

That's not saving anybody, everyone is allowed to think what they want to think, and you just keep shooting them down for it. As I said in my other post, there's no discussion anymore, just snide little comments like that one.
I mean how dare people have a different thought/feeling/opinion eh?

edit: oops quoted wrong part of the post.
Not shooting anyone down, it is what you call "being realistic" in case you haven't understood it properly. That's fine, but I can only see others disappointing themselves once again. In case if your memory is lacking to remember, nowadays GT will hardly ever appear in places like E3, and will usually always have it's own conference elsewhere BEFORE appearing in places like Gamescom and (not even gonna mention it). Happened to me with GT6 if it makes you feel better...

Not shooting anyone down, it is what you call "being realistic" in case you haven't understood it properly. That's fine, but I can only see others disappointing themselves once again when GT7. In case if your memory is lacking to remember, starting from GT5, GT will hardly ever appear in places like E3, and will usually always have it's own conference elsewhere BEFORE appearing in places like Gamescom and (not even gonna mention it). Happened to me with GT6 if it makes you feel better...
If you'd read my other post on the previous page I did say the exact same thing about it not being PDs style to reveal something at E3, so I agree with you there. I just think there should be more discussion going on in these forums over things like these and less of the one line, one person trying to out do the other, snide comments. There's to much of it and it's getting boring now. That's not exclusively directed at you toko, it's most people on here these days.

If you'd read my other post on the previous page I did say the exact same thing about it not being PDs style to reveal something at E3, so I agree with you there. I just think there should be more discussion going on in these forums over things like these and less of the one line, one person trying to out do the other, snide comments. There's to much of it and it's getting boring now. That's not exclusively directed at you toko, it's most people on here these days.
Please read the last section of my signature. It's to you ;)

Honestly, I was a tiny dissapointed, but not a whole lot. I wanted it to be announced, but I expected it to not, and my expectations were correct. I guess Kaz isn't into big gaming confrences. Oh well, hopefully Gamescom or whatever. For now, I guess we can look forward to that and the forever-promised course-maker, and the other VGT's. :)

Again, my point earlier has been proven. This calls for a post-E3 discussion with forward thinking.

...Heh, I'm mature enough to not repeat "I told you so" so I won't. Oh wait....:dopey:

Personally, compared to MS conference, Sony's was a somewhat of a letdown, really. Didn't catch all of it, but overall impression I got from the Internetz was that it was rather short on exclusives and reveals.

My own impression? I got two:
1. Lack of console-exclusive stuff. MS showed off backwards-comp, which was a bit of a con since it wasn't "real" backwards thing, but besides that, several other announcements pretty much swayed me to forego PS4 for good. I'm a hardcore Fallout man, so user mod coming to xbone version of the game alone made my day.

2. Lack of Morpheus. WTF Sony? Really?? MS spent god-knows-how-much for deals with Oculus and Valve and spent a good chunk of their time talking about that, while Sony spent barely 5 minutes on their own VR project....

Both Shenmue and FF7 will be multi-platform titles, so that's no "win" for Sony either. Ideally, they should've at least show off logos of upcoming titles in a montage but they didn't do that too, afaik.

Showing off this GT Sports thing might have rescued it, but than again, PDI is way too proud for that, to be swept up with the "lesser" titles and having their glory taken from them...:ill:

...Heh, I'm mature enough to not repeat "I told you so" so I won't. Oh wait....:dopey:

Personally, compared to MS conference, Sony's was a somewhat of a letdown, really. Didn't catch all of it, but overall impression I got from the Internetz was that it was rather short on exclusives and reveals.

1. Lack of console-exclusive stuff. MS showed off backwards-comp, which was a bit of a con since it wasn't "real" backwards thing, but besides that, several other announcements pretty much swayed me to forego PS4 for good. I'm a hardcore Fallout man, so user mod coming to xbone version of the game alone made my day.

2. Lack of Morpheus. WTF Sony? Really?? MS spent god-knows-how-much for deals with Oculus and Valve and spent a good chunk of their time talking about that, while Sony spent barely 5 minutes on their own VR project....

Both Shenmue and FF7 will be multi-platform titles, so that's no "win" for Sony either. Ideally, they should've at least show off logos of upcoming titles in a montage but they didn't do that too, afaik.

Showing off this GT Sports thing might have rescued it, but than again, PDI is way too proud for that, to be swept up with the "lesser" titles and having their glory taken from them...:ill:

Sony conference was very good.

- Horizon
- Uncharted 4 A Thief's End
- The Last Guardian
- Shenmue 3 - console exclusive PS4, definitive -
- Dreams
- No Man's Sky

- Final fantasy VII Remake - tonight we will see if it's a console exclusive -

@Zlork

I'm a hardcore Fallout man, so user mod coming to xbone version of the game alone made my day.

Other than No Man's Sky, which is also coming to Xbone later anyway, others were underwhelming to say the least. (FOR ME!!! :P) Many people knew Horizon, The last Guardian and Uncharted were going to be there. Only 'real' surprise is FF7 remake, which I strongly believe will be a multi-plat, and Shenmue, which I suspect is a "timed-exclusive" like a certain Tomb Raider game.

See? :crazy:

Oculus Rift is ready to roll, Morpheus is still a ways away from release (a year?) so it make sense there wasn't much Morpheus there.

just finished watching Sony show, no GT7. I feel somewhat disappointed now. Oh well, I guess Kaz-san was too busy to incorporate PS2-era cars into GT7 for us to play :crazy:
You just made me think of something. How would Project Morpheus work with PS2 era cars? What will it be like: looking around some shadowy .... "thing" with windows??? This is dumb.

just because GT isn't out does it mean it's losing? losing what exactly?

GT isn't going anywhere.
Profits, market share, loyalty, fanbase, etc. You know, the typical stuff businesses try to keep and gain more of.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
But not losing towards it's competitors.
It may as well be. In order for it to be considered good, it now needs...NEEDS...sounds as good if not better than PCARS, Driveclub graphics at 40-50fps if not 60, 1,000 QUALITY cars all premium, NFS/Forza customization, and many more race cars than it has now. It also needs one heck of a single player now. The list just keeps getting worse and bigger for PD as time goes by. If it doesn't meet at least one of those things on that list then it is not worth buying, because the market in 2016/2017 is going to be a dogfight and GT7 better be a game changer or it it worthless.

Good luck with them 1,000 cars then because I really don't see that happening.

Still it doesn't seem beyond then to have 3 up to date DTM cars, 3 up to date GT500 cars, 14 or so GT3 cars, same again for GT4 cars, the handful of GT300 specific cars and the truly massive number of GTE cars.:sly: All less Porsche of course.

Make them all blank carbon and leave it to us to livery them ourselves.

I just don't see it as their focus though.

Last edited:
It may as well be. In order for it to be considered good, it now needs...NEEDS...sounds as good if not better than PCARS, Driveclub graphics at 40-50fps if not 60, 1,000 QUALITY cars all premium, NFS/Forza customization, and many more race cars than it has now. It also needs one heck of a single player now. The list just keeps getting worse and bigger for PD as time goes by. If it doesn't meet at least one of those things on that list then it is not worth buying, because the market in 2016/2017 is going to be a dogfight and GT7 better be a game changer or it it worthless.
It's as if you guys expect the game to be trash. We've only had a few hints about it. We haven't even had a trailer of the game, so why be down about it now.

*drags on hype train*

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN TO GT7 AT PARIS

Last edited:
Well we had the Peugeot event with Yamauchi last week in Paris and now Sony moves their conference to Paris as well......interesting....:odd:

Judging off of GT6...not planning on even thinking of GT7. Just curious what they're planning since it is such a big franchise...which is messing itself up constantly now days.

Coincidence? I think not!
Yes..it's a coincidence...come on GT fans you're being paranoid now. :lol:

Judging off of GT6...not planning on even thinking of GT7. Just curious what they're planning since it is such a big franchise...which is messing itself up constantly now days.

Coincidence...come on GT fans you're being paranoid now. :lol:
There is something. Let's think it through logically.

There is 1 Paris

2 events

1+2=3

A triangle has 3 sides

ILLUMINORTY CONFIRM

There is something. Let's think it through logically.

There is 1 Paris

2 events

1+2=3

A triangle has 3 sides

ILLUMINORTY CONFIRM
:lol:
picard-facepalm.jpg

Back