GT7 & E3

• Thread starter NoLimitz80
  • 1,028 comments
Although we call it GT7, PD may have a new name for the next driving game, it could be called Gran Turismo [blank].
In which case we dont expect GT7, but the 7th game in the GT series.......
So... The answer is still yes.

Although we call it GT7, PD may have a new name for the next driving game, it could be called Gran Turismo [blank].
In which case we dont expect GT7, but the 7th game in the GT series.......

So, Gran Turismo 7 then? :odd:

I'm also more interested in the Pikes Peak event right now: "Brought to you by Gran Turismo".

Trust PD to shun the more "traditional" game events, and do their own thing.

I think "announcing" the next game might rather steal the thunder of whatever it is PD have planned for June in Colorado.

There will probably be a lot to come to GT6 over the next few months. And maybe a sort of Spec II re-release with all of the updates for the holiday season. I can see next year being the year of GT7. But I wonder if they'll show off the future of GT6 and maybe the FIA deal at E3 this year.

Still... I can't wait to see what they can do with the PS4. Maybe Fallout 4 will sate my apatite for the near future.

There will probably be a lot to come to GT6 over the next few months. And maybe a sort of Spec II re-release with all of the updates for the holiday season. I can see next year being the year of GT7. But I wonder if they'll show off the future of GT6 and maybe the FIA deal at E3 this year.

Still... I can't wait to see what they can do with the PS4. Maybe Fallout 4 will sate my apatite for the near future.
The FIA thing was promised for spring 2015. They have a month and a day to make good on that promise. E3 would get them in just under the wire.

If Amar is teasing already than it could only mean one thing

vwMin.gif

"I do not foresee any GT related announcements on E3." Amar212, like Jordan said.

Oh it is almost defientley a no show at E3, but I bet we'll hear or see something at Pikes Peak.

Edit:
Some dreams will become reality though.

This thread will continue to live.

Welp, looks like the news or update will be GT6 related/ sigh

It might be nothing , but well known twitter leaker "Tidux" has recently posted the tweet : "Kazunori Yamauchi - #PS4 "

https://twitter.com/Tidux/status/601115677106266113

Tidux has been right many many times before. He's certainly shown he knows people in the industry, he knew what was to be in update 2.00 FW well before Sony confirmed what it would include, he knew the release date etc,

ps: The "gameguessing father" is just some quiz he does on his twitter. lol Its not relevent to the accuracy of what games he claims would be shown etc.

However guys, as is the case with E3, some games get pulled at the last moment, however Im hoping GT7 is revealed.

Thuway, another insider saw footage of track enviroments last year. He stated then that the days of 2D gran turismo trees are over.
What Im saying is, hit or miss . . . he certainly isnt "guessing"

Also, I'd like to say, with Sony confirming they will not be having their usual conference at Gamescom, IF GT7 was to be announced it would have to be at E3, Paris Games Week, Tokyo Game Show, Playstation Experience 2016 in January 2016.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but Tidux isn't credible.

The release date of update 2.00 for PS4, it was for him, "early 2015". Anyone could have predicted that.

This is like saying that the update 1.20 (for GT6) will arrive "this summer". Since PoDi is updated once a month, I necessarily right.

Shinobi602 is credible. But not Tidux. Besides, Shinobi think as Jordan and Amar about GT at E3.....

And anyway, "Kazunori Yamauchi - #PS4", it means nothing. PoDi is working on PS4, we know that and there is no "#E3".

This is pure speculation, but what if there is a PS4 version of Gran Turismo 6 coming out, named the sport edition. Maybe it includes an official FIA Career, a handful of new cars and tracks and improved visuals. And it may finally include the long awaited Course Maker. A lot of developers are releasing remastered editions of their games, so it might make sense for Polyphony Digital to release a remastered version of GT6 to pass the time until GT7 comes out.

This is pure speculation, but what if there is a PS4 version of Gran Turismo 6 coming out, named the sport edition. Maybe it includes an official FIA Career, a handful of new cars and tracks and improved visuals. And it may finally include the long awaited Course Maker. A lot of developers are releasing remastered editions of their games, so it might make sense for Polyphony Digital to release a remastered version of GT6 to pass the time until GT7 comes out.

That would be a good idea, but then it would make GT7 end up like GT5 did (For how many years we have to wait for).

What about everything that was promised to the people who bought GT6 on PS3? You'd need to buy a PS4 and another game just to get course maker if that was the case.

What about everything that was promised to the people who bought GT6 on PS3? You'd need to buy a PS4 and another game just to get course maker if that was the case.
I think the PS3 version will get a Spec 2.0 update with the long awaited Course Maker. They are not going to ditch the PS3 version.

I think the PS3 version will get a Spec 2.0 update with the long awaited Course Maker. They are not going to ditch the PS3 version.
I agree but your original statement read that:

So I thought you were saying it would only be on a new platform version.

This is pure speculation, but what if there is a PS4 version of Gran Turismo 6 coming out, named the sport edition. Maybe it includes an official FIA Career, a handful of new cars and tracks and improved visuals. And it may finally include the long awaited Course Maker.
This would be a great idea. GT6 PS3 wouldn't have to be abandoned, as some of this work could trickle down into a Spec 2 update. It would have to be simplified a LOT, because the ram and Cell resources are much less than what PS4 offers, and GT6 is stressing the limits of what PS3 can deliver. A PS3 Course Maker 2 may only have a few more goodies than CM1. But they could code new single player GT Mode and Arcade Mode events out the wazoo. Hopefully some enhancements of Online Mode along with it.

But, if Kaz produced a GT6 Pro Edition for PS4, they could make some nice improvements without hurting work on GT7 very much. And I wish they would do something like this if work on a proper GT7 will take a while. Plus as I say, the PS3 is really looking old in comparison to what the new gen consoles and gaming PCs can do.

For instance, the GT7 engine is probably fairly mature. Port over the existing assets from GT6 and add a few new cars and tracks from GT7 work, as Enraged says, enough for some proper FIA style events in various classes. Include improved bot A.I. so the racing is fairly tight and competitive. While I'd like to see Race Mod included, this wouldn't be essential if PD would provide a good selection of race cars from every class of racing, and enough for a proper field of cars in the same class. I can't stress this enough. I would like to see some kind of Livery Editor so we could customize and more importantly, personalize our cars. In fact, many features from GT7 could be ported in judiciously without hurting the appeal of GT7 itself. Course Maker, Event Maker, Livery Editor, Online Mode, Photo Mode and Movie Maker... even basic but improved versions of these would whet our appetites for the real next gen Gran Turismo. And I'm sure SONY is going to want a "killer app" racer to compete with Forza 6 and P CARS.

Some dreams can become reality. ;)

Does tie in with amar's quotes, will buy if true. if it's priced correctly.

I remember Kaz saying that they didn't want to take too long on GT7. He had a best-case scenario in mind too, and I believe it was 2014/2015. Besides, it's not that much of a stretch, at least in my opinion, to see GT7 at E3 this year, considering how it would be using the same physics engine as GT6. Not having to develop a new physics engine means that PD possibly had a head start in developing other aspects of the game such as gameplay, graphics, and visuals for the PS4. I also agree, a ported GT6 is possible, we never know... ;)

As I just posted in the G29 rumor thread I'll simply repeat it here ~

I'm surprised no one has made the correlation to this possibly being a bit of confirmation that GT7 is coming really soon, since this new G29 is basically a combination of the DFGT & G25/G27 and we all know the Driving Force GT was developed in conjunction with Polyphony Digital for GT5P, GT5 & GT6 in mind...now with that said I'm not trying to start some unfounded hellacious rumor ~ BUT in my eyes, it's slight confirmation that GT7 may just have a showing for E3 next month as the timing is just about right (going off Kaz's 2014/2015 estimate)!

Or am I hoping & wishing too much?!

Last edited:
Back