GT7 & E3

• Thread starter NoLimitz80
  • 1,028 comments
Time for a new thread or name change.

GT & PS Experience, see ya'll in a few months :D

PS Experience is confirmed to be yearly event ? I think if it happens it will be after TGS.

I guess TGS is an opportunity to show GT7 especially if the japanese car is going to be in the box :odd:

It would be a good thing if more of us GT fans were more patient. In my case, I've been dragnetting the nets for info on the crazy multitude of games revealed at E3 and before. There are quite a number of games I'm definitely interested in and will have me buying a PS4 sooner rather than later. I'm a big fan of shooters, so Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon has my eye, as well as COD. Square Enix's solo expo was tantalizing, and there are a few JRPGs which look like must haves. Fighting games, adventure games... tons of games. I'll most likely be debating for several weeks on whether I'll be skipping P CARS for that other racing series and the silly amount of cash necessary to jump in for it.

Yeah, one racer was conspicuously absent. If GT7 is going to be coming in 2016, especially late 2016, this E3 is evidently too early. It's possible that Kaz doesn't want to distract from P CARS. It's possible that certain key features aren't ready to showcase. It seems that GT6 has been put on the backburner, and the majority of the team is focused on getting GT7 up and running. I'm aware that the Course Maker is late and still giving PD troubles. This could be because the CM is being built primarily for GT7, and they're having trouble squeezing it down intact on the far more constrained and less powerful PS3. Maybe they can't make it as good on PS3 as they want, and they're playing a game of feature attrition until it works well on- and offline. There are plenty of reasons for the delay.

I know also that some here can't keep from reminding us how dead GT6 is to them, as well as the series as a whole. This global warming scale level of devastation will only be worth a rise here and a few places on the nets, but the GT fanbase and sales figures won't even notice their departure to greener race courses. In my case, I'm about to hit those ribbons myself after a day of fighting off another summer blegh, most likely in some Standard cars I love dearly. After some wheel spinning delight, maybe some Valkyria Chronicles, Evil Within or some Ghost Recon, eyeing that Steam pre-summer sale this week for goodies.

It would be a good thing if more of us GT fans were more patient. In my case, I've been dragnetting the nets for info on the crazy multitude of games revealed at E3 and before. There are quite a number of games I'm definitely interested in and will have me buying a PS4 sooner rather than later. I'm a big fan of shooters, so Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon has my eye, as well as COD. Square Enix's solo expo was tantalizing, and there are a few JRPGs which look like must haves. Fighting games, adventure games... tons of games. I'll most likely be debating for several weeks on whether I'll be skipping P CARS for that other racing series and the silly amount of cash necessary to jump in for it.

Yeah, one racer was conspicuously absent. If GT7 is going to be coming in 2016, especially late 2016, this E3 is evidently too early. It's possible that Kaz doesn't want to distract from P CARS. It's possible that certain key features aren't ready to showcase. It seems that GT6 has been put on the backburner, and the majority of the team is focused on getting GT7 up and running. I'm aware that the Course Maker is late and still giving PD troubles. This could be because the CM is being built primarily for GT7, and they're having trouble squeezing it down intact on the far more constrained and less powerful PS3. Maybe they can't make it as good on PS3 as they want, and they're playing a game of feature attrition until it works well on- and offline. There are plenty of reasons for the delay.

I know also that some here can't keep from reminding us how dead GT6 is to them, as well as the series as a whole. This global warming scale level of devastation will only be worth a rise here and a few places on the nets, but the GT fanbase and sales figures won't even notice their departure to greener race courses. In my case, I'm about to hit those ribbons myself after a day of fighting off another summer blegh, most likely in some Standard cars I love dearly. After some wheel spinning delight, maybe some Valkyria Chronicles, Evil Within or some Ghost Recon, eyeing that Steam pre-summer sale this week for goodies.
Jesus Christ, holy ****, I 100% absolutely agree. Too bad your post is going to get swamped in a sea of negativity. Seems people with anything but negative opinions are completely unwelcome on GRAN TURISMO PLANET.

...Who cares about all of those games??!! FALLOUT 4 is COMING!! Frankly, if GT7 comes out in 2020, I wouldn't mind atthis stage...

I'll be busy with pCars, Rocksmith 2014, Hitman and NFS until GT7 gets announced. But that's just me. The 30fps drops in GT6 makes it hard to play it. Darn you, pCars. For spoiling me with nice fluid gameplay.

Edit: I believe if I set my mind to it I'll be able to play Moon Over the Castle on my guitar before GT7 comes out.

Second edit: This is the 1,000th post!

Last edited:
My plans after E3 while waiting for GT7, I'll be busy saving up money so I can buy all of these games :dopey:

I just bought an Orbital Buffer today and some Meguiars Polish.
So I'm definitely off to a great start with saving :sly:

Jokes aside, I'm betting my cash that we'll get an E3 announcement next year, maybe late 2016 release.

For now, Kaz & PD are aware of the issues stated from GTP and elsewhere (I'd post a link to where I saw that but I can't remember where) Thing is though, will they listen to us? Awareness is one thing, but doing something about it is another.
Now where am I going with this, I'm just saying rather they didn't show GT7 too early and that PD has time to make it great. 2016 I say is the ideal time.

My final statement.

I gave up on GT after playing GT5... Went to Forza.... Now playing project cars... But really looking forward to GT Sport... I am excited for this game and I havent been excited for a GT release in a while.... To clincher for me really has to be photomode.. From what Ive seen so far it will be epic... I am looking forward to entering the weekly photo comps again as that is one thing i really missed when I went to forza....

If we see something related to GT, it will be GTSport. It wouldn't make much sense to divert attention from the game they want to sell in 6 months.

There is so much controversy over the tidbits that Kaz has dolled out to us that I think there's no chance we'll have any news of GT7 till E3 2017 at the earliest. However, I do expect a pretty good showing of Sport with a lot more details. Not all, but a lot.

Wait...so GT7 is to be expected in 2017/2018?
Damn...that's like a long time in gaming culture.

That guess kinda brings up my question about buying the GTS and PS4 or not...
Or to get another used PS3 to play GT6 since my old PS3 is broken.

If we're incredibly lucky.

I would say no real chance in 2017, as they'd be slaughtering the just released GTS. 2018 is possible, but it's Polyphony and they're not known for their fast development times. I'd say 2019 minimum as a reasonable estimate.

If we're incredibly lucky.

I would say no real chance in 2017, as they'd be slaughtering the just released GTS. 2018 is possible, but it's Polyphony and they're not known for their fast development times. I'd say 2019 minimum as a reasonable estimate.
That only makes it harder to decide.
Should one like myself (with broken PS3 and interested in playing either GT6 or GTS) spend money
on one or the other?

That only makes it harder to decide.
Should one like myself (with broken PS3 and interested in playing either GT6 or GTS) spend money
on one or the other?

Buy and Xbox 1 and FM6? Because that's the closest to a real next-gen Gran Turismo game you're likely to see for the next couple of years at least.

By the time GT7 comes out FM7 will also likely be releasing or released, and it's likely to have a bigger car list. And you also get access to the Horizon games, which are less serious but are a whole lot of fun.

Damn...that's like a long time in gaming culture.

That guess kinda brings up my question about buying the GTS and PS4 or not...
Or to get another used PS3 to play GT6 since my old PS3 is broken.
I've got a feeling we are going to have GTSport for a very long time before the next GT episode reveals.
It could be that PoDi will extend GTS's content in the near future, before "PlayStation 5", and before "GT7".

If the rumored PS4k is true (in 2017), that could be the way to expand GTSport even more with the powerful hardware, for example PSVR-wise. Of course, current PS4's Gran Turismo Sport would evolve too with the same gaming content as PS4k's. Naturally the more powerful PS4's content would be more fluid graphically.

So people, don't dream on GT7. Dream on GTS because that's the focus point now.

Buy and Xbox 1 and FM6
That's what I did.

Bought the Xbox 360+FM3 bundle waiting for GT5.
Bought GT5. Got disappointed.
Went back to FM3 and also bought FM4. Countless hours of fun.
Bought the PS4. Got bored waiting for a next gen GT.
Bought GT6 (going back to old gen. Bad move by Sony). Got disappointed.
Bought an Xbox One with FM5. Countless hours of fun.
Bought FM6. Countless hours of fun, and still playing it daily.

Do I see myself buying GT Sport? Nope. I learned my lesson.

You guys seem more angry about that then sad.
For me (and other people too) i find it sad that the company and its game that made my love for cars and racing games had such drastic changes in its goals for the future that the game itself has changed completely.

From being a fun, massive racing game to being a ticket to the racing career.
Which resulted in lack of content we expected to receive...

You guys seem more angry about that then sad.
For me (and other people too) i find it sad that the company and its game that made my love for cars and racing games had such drastic changes in its goals for the future that the game itself has changed completely.

From being a fun, massive racing game to being a ticket to the racing career.
Which resulted in lack of content we expected to receive...

Interpret it however you want. I think it's sad that a company that made such great games in the past and basically established a genre that I love has over the years become less and less relevant. To the point that it doesn't even have a current game in the genre that it popularised itself.

It's one thing for the current Gran Turismo games to be less spectacular than they have been in the past. It's another to be making very different games entirely. It's like Mazda deciding they are only going to make motorcycles.

I think it's sad. Maybe it will ultimately turn out for the best. But for now, Gran Turismo is not the game that many of us grew up with.

I'll probably make the move to xbox one, who knows..

If you're in no hurry you could always move to PC, which will supposedly eventually have Forza too and has a bunch of other great racing games besides. I think all you miss out on is GT and Driveclub.

Back