GT7 gift birthday car?

• Thread starter symo63
  • 62 comments
This was sold the second I left the Cafe
1856f1d9a9364-screenshotUrl (1).png

This CAKE is also a LIE.
1856f1dc8cc49-screenshotUrl.png

Got a Peugeot 908...not bad, but amongst the majority of cars I'm missing, they had to give me one I already owned!

Much like the roulette stuff, they have a special gift to piss you off and ruining what should be happy moments, it's far more insulting on your bday, it's classless from PD not to add that simple code line so players don't get insult over injury on their bday, come on!

Resale value is a little over 30% only...for a car with ZERO km!

I think there is still much work left to do here.

Hagerty's car prices never cease to increase, while race payouts don't increase and a pre-owned 0km car that you wanna sell has the same value as a 25 000km one or a 100 000+km car...BUT the same car with low mileage sells for way more than a higher mileage one when you're buying it from the UCD though, that doesn't make sense if it works only one way, once more we get screwed over and over and over again!

Meanwhile, my son got an Xbox Series for Xmas and is now playing Forza every day...I'd rather not start commenting too much because I'd have too much to say, but I've been asking myself for a week already WTF is PD doing man!?! it is really frustrating to get so little from GT when the other one has so much to offer. PD and/or Sony are freakin' cheap with this game when you compare, seriously!

The next Forza will be out in a few months and I'm seriously considering moving over, that is after 25 years! Not that I would have wished to, but seriously?!? The other game has all the features, the car selection, plus they don't force you to grind like a slave just to eat a little.

You should be tempted to log in because the game is fun and enjoyable, NOT because some stupid project managers at Sony that engineer new ways to get you to log in every damn day by rigging the game and always keep you hanging by a thread.

With all the copies sold they just bragged about with the 25th anniversary and the money made, they certainly have the resources to do better, work faster, employ more programmers, offer way more content and take better care of their fan base.
I got a BMW M6 as birthday present today. Now I have two of them, because I bought it already a couple of weeks ago.
So the best was the picture of the birthday cake. Thank you so much...
Again completely random, whether one has fun with the present (a 1M car, you don't own) or not (a 450K car you already have spent credits for).

I totally agree with you.
  • I spent hours and hours for stupidly grinding the same races again and again to get the credits for cars and tuning ...
  • nevertheless it's not in my hand whether I can finish the car collection, because random luck in a A ROULETTE decides, whether I will receive the invitation for a missing Aston and really nobody knows, if the missing Escudo the Ford Roadster are a bug or just part of a strategy, I don't like.
  • I spent hours in testing and storing tunes becoming completely useless a few weeks later, because PD updated the physics of a game which was obviously sold in something like a beta state ...
  • during the major grind the monthly updates even caused something like stress for me knowing that grinding after an update often is harder than before. In fact, I grinded harder short before an update. I am not sure, if this more stupid than crazy or vice versa.
  • this total randomness in PD's strategy can destroy your tunes or your strategy, at least the fun of the game.

... and all of that after waiting months for a Ps5.

Perhaps there are better strategies to care about customers (or even fans), but for sure the best strategy to support the success of Forza.
People can easily buy another console if they can save hours and hours of stupid grinding...

Regards
M

I got a BMW M6 as birthday present today. Now I have two of them, because I bought it already a couple of weeks ago.
So the best was the picture of the birthday cake. Thank you so much...
Again completely random, whether one has fun with the present (a 1M car, you don't own) or not (a 450K car you already have spent credits for).

I totally agree with you.
  • I spent hours and hours for stupidly grinding the same races again and again to get the credits for cars and tuning ...
  • nevertheless it's not in my hand whether I can finish the car collection, because random luck in a A ROULETTE decides, whether I will receive the invitation for a missing Aston and really nobody knows, if the missing Escudo the Ford Roadster are a bug or just part of a strategy, I don't like.
  • I spent hours in testing and storing tunes becoming completely useless a few weeks later, because PD updated the physics of a game which was obviously sold in something like a beta state ...
  • during the major grind the monthly updates even caused something like stress for me knowing that grinding after an update often is harder than before. In fact, I grinded harder short before an update. I am not sure, if this more stupid than crazy or vice versa.
  • this total randomness in PD's strategy can destroy your tunes or your strategy, at least the fun of the game.

... and all of that after waiting months for a Ps5.

Perhaps there are better strategies to care about customers (or even fans), but for sure the best strategy to support the success of Forza.
People can easily buy another console if they can save hours and hours of stupid grinding...

Regards
M
100% agreed!

I don't recall ever entering my birth date anywhere. No profile has it. Where would it be located? Thanks, D.

I got a nismo GTR, R35. Never gonna drive that car, never was a fan.
It was never my thing but the R35 was pretty impressive a decade ago, at this point Im pretty sure even the GTR/Nissan fanatics are getting sick of its stagnation.

Now with the R36 being an EV, RIP GT-R... I really hope the Japanese auto industry and Porsche get their alt-fuels to market quickly.

I received a Nissan concept car of some sort. 7 or 8 days before my birthday.

Appreciated the effort and detail they put into the birthday cake.

Looking really deep into this horses mouth..

Peugeot VGT. Not the original or even the Hybrids but the Group 3.

Probably one of the least desirable cars in the game. How many can say they couldn’t wait to get their hands on it?

Though I don’t usually sell cars, unless I can find it useful to farm credits (doubtful) it’s getting sold.

Looking really deep into this horses mouth..

Peugeot VGT. Not the original or even the Hybrids but the Group 3.

Probably one of the least desirable cars in the game. How many can say they couldn’t wait to get their hands on it?

Though I don’t usually sell cars, unless I can find it useful to farm credits (doubtful) it’s getting sold.
I actually like that car at Sardegna. Slap a high-rpm turbo on it, drop the power restrictor to like 90 to bring the power band lower in the revs, and adjust the LSD as needed. It's worth a shot, especially since you're only going to get ~100k for it.

Oh, and short-shift, the entire point on dropping the power restrictor to 90 so as to get an extra lap or two (though most cars' tires are so shredded after 6 laps fuel's not a huge issue anymore)

Last edited:
Lol.. Sarah has her lipstick on.. 💄 😛 🤣🤣🫢20230112_111125.jpg20230112_111148.jpg

But, sadly its just.... 20230112_111042.jpg20230112_111214.jpg
And of course, it was sold after I left, with 💋 in places 🤣

On another note, thanks for sharing everyone, I was wondering if the gifts are all within a general value range, and it seems to be.

Looks like they aren't too stingy on the value, just wondering what's the worst/lowest value Birthday gift someone has received.

Lol.. Sarah has her lipstick on.. 💄 😛 🤣🤣🫢View attachment 1222363View attachment 1222364

But, sadly its just.... View attachment 1222365View attachment 1222366
And of course, it was sold after I left, with 💋 in places 🤣

On another note, thanks for sharing everyone, I was wondering if the gifts are all within a general value range, and it seems to be.

Looks like they aren't too stingy on the value, just wondering what's the worst/lowest value Birthday gift someone has received.
I got 80k for the NSX Gr. B. lol

Yeah, really nice they don't go by year now. The 1982 Audi Quattro is is nice car however, I don't need a new one every year.

Back