GT7 Grinding Strategies

• Thread starter avilab
  • 31 comments
Ok everyone, this is the most needed thread by far: as we’re now several days into playing, what are the best grinding cars/races to build our credits? Please share. Thanks all!

I'm pretty early in the game, but for me the easiest race so far has been the American clubman race at Daytona. 22k for about 2 and a half minutes of driving. You'll probably want to tune your 69 Corvette with a custom race tranny first though.

I'm sure there are better paying races out there but that race is what I grind at the moment if I need credits.

Last edited:
So far for me I don't mind doing the 5 lapper Gr.3 race for Suzuka or Maggiore GP as my way of grinding credits. With the clean race bonus I'd say you can get up to 110K credits.

Can be lengthy indeed for either race but I'm willing to use it as my way grinding credits for the time being until something better pops up.

Last edited:
I do know that the more we progress, the higher the race payouts. I’m pulling 60K via the menu (somewhere around menu 19 for the European championships) and the racing isn’t so bad for about 5 minutes.

If you do the Gr.4 Brands Hatch race using the Alfa Romeo 155 it takes about 10~ minutes for $97k with the clean racing bonus added.

Edit: You can use any car to get the bonus but the Alfa Romeo detuned to about 330HP with Racing Hard tires is the only Gr.4 car I have + it was pretty easy to beat though the BMW Gr.4 gave me a run at first.

Last edited:
SuperSportX, thanks for the tip. That's a decent race to collect credits in these early days. I'm now at Menu 31, and hope that a more efficient race or championship with good credits will avail itself. On a separate note, I'm up to 65 cars, having only purchased a few with credits. At this rate, I should be at 100 cars, or ~25% of the game total, in another week. Not too bad in terms of grinding for cars.

If you do the Gr.4 Brands Hatch race using the Alfa Romeo 155 it takes about 10~ minutes for $97k with the clean racing bonus added.

Edit: You can use any car to get the bonus but the Alfa Romeo detuned to about 330HP with Racing Hard tires is the only Gr.4 car I have + it was pretty easy to beat though the BMW Gr.4 gave me a run at first.

Thanks for the tip, just got the Alfa from Hagerty and will do a few runs with it. I was doing Asia-Pacific Japanese PP600 championship which pays around 160k for 20 minutes of racing, but your method is faster.

Blue Moon Bay:
American FR Challenge 550
11 250/min
(Did with Camaro ZL1 in 2 min (no nos))
(+: It's very fast, requires absolutely no skill, and can be even made more quickly with the right setup)

Sardegna Windmills:
Dirt Champions
24 000/min
(Did with GT86 GRB in about 4min)
(+: Best cr/min ratio but you can loose the clean race bonus too easily and the bump make it inconsistent, i don't recommend on high money grind)

Goodwood:
Clubman Cup Plus
15 000/min
(+: Require a bit of skill but still really easy to do, it take 3min30 to do, i'd say it's the one you should pick if you are awake, if you want to grind but you're tired just go on blue moon bay)

Sardegna road track:
European ClubmanCup 600
16 500/min
(+: Sardegna is pretty much an easy track + you can wallride the church turn, i didn't tried it but considering it's possible to do 45sec/lap)
(estimate to last 2 min 30)

Anyone wanting to do this, you can get the Gr.4 Supra for free by completing the International B licence tests, only bronze needed.

Currently grinding the GR.4 on High Speed Ring using the GR.4 Supra that you get from licence tests.5 laps gets you 97,000 with clean race bonus.Depending what cars i get drawn against,GT by Citroen springs to mind,i find it a bit of a struggle on the straight so i use a puff of nitro to keep them just behind me.
Its not a massive boost like Fast and Furious just a little push,i dont know how good it is with other cars as this is the 1st car ive tried it on.Just a note,i thought once i used all my Nitro it would cost me 100,000 for another bottle each time but it refills each time you use the car.👍

Last edited:

Currently grinding the GR.4 on High Speed Ring using the GR.4 Supra that you get from licence tests.5 laps gets you 97,000 with clean race bonus.Depending what cars i get drawn against,GT by Citroen springs to mind,i find it a bit of a struggle on the straight so i use a puff of nitro to keep them just behind me.
Its not a massive boost like Fast and Furious just a little push,i dont know how good it is with other cars as this is the 1st car ive tried it on.Just a note,i thought once i used all my Nitro it would cost me 100,000 for another bottle each time but it refills each time you use the car.👍
how much time does it takes?

I’ve got a much faster grinding technique. It requires a decently good driving skill though. I’m using a controller, cause grinding gets pretty repetitive and I’m using TC1 on the start. You really need to get in front of your opponent as soon as possible, preferably in the 1st turn because he tends to drive all over the place and if you hit him you don’t get the clean race bonus. Car settings in the video. It’s setup so it’s not as bumpy and it’s kinda oversteery for a good rally experience :) Finally, you should avoid big boy jumps, be sure to slow down a bit before taking jumps. Also, Toyota GT86 Gr.B tends to run slower lap times, so you can spin the roullete for it :)

This gets you 97,000 Cr. every 4 minutes (including button prompts, loading times, etc.). Raw time on track ~3m 15s.

Prerequisites:

a Gr.B car (I use Audi S1 Quattro)
Mid-RPM Turbo, so you can pass the opponent ASAP
Fisherman Ranch unlocked

Video, including car setup:

Complete international A license with all bronze to get a Toyota GT.86 GR.B rally car for free,

Put a low-mid RPM Turbo on it and Dirt Tyres,

Head to Fisherman's Ranch and take part in the DIRT CHAMPIONS race (unlocked at Menu 37),

It's impossible to not get a clean race as long as you don't jump the start and don't roll the car (so mesmerise the locations of the jumps and go slowly over them in gear 4, seems to negate a lot of the issues),

It's a 1 Lap race and it will take about 3-4 minutes, it will net you 97,500 each time,

Don't worry about the Ai, your only facing one opponent and they will be in an un-modified car, so your turbo upgrade will make it a breeze (the AI will 9/10 times mess up on the jumps too so it's pretty easy to win by 10+ seconds!)

Stick a playlist or podcast on and enjoy an easy farming method.

enjoy farming
Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

For newer players I suggest:

Complete International A license (all bronze) to get a GR.4 Supra for free,

Head to Brands hatch and select the GTcup Gr.4 race,

Its a pretty easy race to win, and the supra is a very forgiving car to drive,

If you win and have a clean race you will get 97,500,

It's only 5 laps so it shouldn't take more than 8 minutes.

I tried the Fisherman ranch one yesterday and can confirm that the time to earn the money is better than the Gr.4 one but the rally cars do not handle all that great, I used the Ford Gr.B against another Ford Gr.B and passed it with ease but the Turbo lag gives slight issues and it's not the easiest task to try and not hit the opponent if they are near you for the clean race bonus.

I tried the Fisherman ranch one yesterday and can confirm that the time to earn the money is better than the Gr.4 one but the rally cars do not handle all that great, I used the Ford Gr.B against another Ford Gr.B and passed it with ease but the Turbo lag gives slight issues and it's not the easiest task to try and not hit the opponent if they are near you for the clean race bonus.
I got better at it after a while. Try to pass it early, the most random thing is the jumps that can cause a crash.

True, after a few runs I figured out that slowing down abit before the short jumps will make the car more stable afterwards.

That's the main issue really is how unpredictable the jumps can be, I found the Focus to be better than the GT86 at handling the jumps but the GT86 is the faster car and it handles a bit better but either way it's the quickest way to earn cash right now, especially considering the last few races the game gives you have a cash payout of 5,000 credits...

I'm hoping this was an oversight and they will patch it in the future because doing 5 laps of Sarthe for 5,000 is a joke frankly

The game is pretty lenient on crashing into the opponent tbh, I've had some pretty big crashes and still got the clean race bonus, only thing that stops it usually is jumping the start and getting a penalty or causing your car to flip on the jumps and causing it to reset

I’ve got a much faster grinding technique. It requires a decently good driving skill though. I’m using a controller, cause grinding gets pretty repetitive and I’m using TC1 on the start. You really need to get in front of your opponent as soon as possible, preferably in the 1st turn because he tends to drive all over the place and if you hit him you don’t get the clean race bonus. Car settings in the video. It’s setup so it’s not as bumpy and it’s kinda oversteery for a good rally experience :) Finally, you should avoid big boy jumps, be sure to slow down a bit before taking jumps. Also, Toyota GT86 Gr.B tends to run slower lap times, so you can spin the roullete for it :)

This gets you 97,000 Cr. every 4 minutes (including button prompts, loading times, etc.). Raw time on track ~3m 15s.

Prerequisites:

a Gr.B car (I use Audi S1 Quattro)
Mid-RPM Turbo, so you can pass the opponent ASAP
Fisherman Ranch unlocked

Video, including car setup:

I'm able to consistently get 3:13s with the Peugeot 205.

Hey all.

I made a guide for Fisherman's ranch to gain as much money as possible without losing money. I also dissect the track some. I hope this helps.

Back