GT7 Predictions

I challenge anyone to find details like this in GT6.

Challenge accepted.

Gemasolar_30.jpg

I suppose predictions can look a lot like a wishlist if you're not careful, but I'll be optimistic and call these predictions:

1. 2 career paths, offline and online
2. A-Spec and B-Spec are integrated
3. Ranking system for online career

This has really been rattling around in my head, so I'll spill it here.

So the offline career path would be similar to GT6 "career mode" area, except for the integration of B-Spec into most (if not all) events. Choose how you wish to complete a race, series, etc. Start a longer race or endurance race in A-Spec and hand over the car to Bob at a pit stop like GT4. Of course the game would distinguish how you completed the event, but for completion a gold is a gold whether done in A-Spec, B-Spec or combined (switching to Bob in the pits.) Doing it all possible ways would be a bonus.

Licenses should still be integrated into the offline career mode how they are in GT6. There would be license tests specific to B-Spec to unlock that functionality, as well as license tests aiming to train players for online racing.

The online "career path" area would only open after the player progresses so far into offline career mode. This would replace the GT6 quick match mode, except it would have more events. The events would be more clearly defined by skill level, but there would still be events that people could enter regardless of rank (see below.) The connection issues and penalty system failings would have to be remedied and I think PS4 could allow that. These events would be updated periodically like the seasonal events and would allow for PD-sanctioned online race series etc.

Online events would also integrate A and B-Spec. So in certain events, you could be in A-Spec going up against some guys' Bob, with him controlling it live. This might make sense for some types of races like endurance. Obviously B-Spec only races would be a thing, too.

Ranking would be key to keeping order in the online career. It would take into account your finishing position relative to others and their ranks, vehicle PP and penalties incurred. Some crazy calculation would rank drivers Category 1 through 5, with 1 being the best and 5 being a new/unknown. Start at 5 and work your way up. B-Spec Bob development would be similar to GT5, but I would expect it to be simplified (no XP or leveling.) Bob's would be ranked Cat 1-5 as well.

That feels better. Flame away.

That's pretty standard across all racing games. The wheel nut tether is a cool detail. Where is it by the way? For all its low res graphics, Shift still outperforms GT6 for that race car look, In car and out.

GT7 will have to(and I'm looking forward to it) perform leaps and bounds above anything out now. Reading "Hella" on a headlight in GT7 won't cut it.

That's pretty standard across all racing games. The wheel nut tether is a cool detail. Where is it by the way? For all its low res graphics, Shift still outperforms GT6 for that race car look, In car and out.

GT7 will have to(and I'm looking forward to it) perform leaps and bounds above anything out now. Reading "Hella" on a headlight in GT7 won't cut it.
Why don't you look at PCars? It's basically Shift, but without crappy soap in a bathtub physics, even better graphics, ToD/Weather and racing elements like pitstops/qualifying/etc.

GT7 probably will do many new things right...
...But the standard cars presence will probably overshadowed all of it :(

Why don't you look at PCars? It's basically Shift, but without crappy soap in a bathtub physics, even better graphics, ToD/Weather and racing elements like pitstops/qualifying/etc.

Oh, trust, I will. They had me with that video of a race truck, mixing it with other race cars. 👍

I'll wait and see if this becomes true. Just as I did every Gran Turismo.

“For GT7, myself and my staff have a clear vision: to do everything we couldn’t do in GT6,” Yamauchi revealed. “We want to make it very Gran Turismo. By that I mean it’s going to be a game that matches the very era that we live in, in 2015 or 2016.”

Last edited:
Oh, trust, I will. They had me with that video of a race truck, mixing it with other race cars. 👍

I'll wait and see if this becomes true. Just as I did every Gran Turismo.
The race truck and cars is Assetto Corsa:sly:

Ohhhhhhh really?????!!!!! :eek:

That is amazing footage!

Aww, sugar... It's on PC. will it be made for consoles?
They posted a picture of a PS4 dev kit arriving in the office a few months ago, but have never made any announcement about moving to console. The game is too barebones for console at this point, perhaps in 6 months or a year something might be possible but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Truck is a mod too, so wouldn't be available on console anyway:grumpy:

The PSP version of NFS Shift have weather.

Last edited:
My GT7 predictions are:

• 30-40 new cars (10-15 from the scratch, the others being taken from the advertised and never released GT6 DLCs)
  • some 10 new tracks (again, 3-4 from the scratch, the others just like above)
  • Annoying track editor à la GT5
  • Some new Vision GT junk
  • Great but half backed graphics (due to the limitations imposed by PS4 hardware)
  • Slightly improved AI; still no grid starts though (due to the limitations imposed by PS4 hardware)
  • Same physics, with minor tweaks
  • Same collisions and damage system
  • Time and weather extended to all tracks
  • Bugs, bugs everywhere (due to the limitations imposed by PS4 hardware)
  • Tons of "in a future update" assets (due to time limitations)
  • Career mode GT6 style
  • Solar energy vehicles
  • Mission to Mars

Lol
My GT7 predictions are:

• 30-40 new cars (10-15 from the scratch, the others being taken from the advertised and never released GT6 DLCs)
  • some 10 new tracks (again, 3-4 from the scratch, the others just like above)
  • Annoying track editor à la GT5
  • Some new Vision GT junk
  • Great but half backed graphics (due to the limitations imposed by PS4 hardware)
  • Slightly improved AI; still no grid starts though (due to the limitations imposed by PS4 hardware)
  • Same physics, with minor tweaks
  • Same collisions and damage system
  • Time and weather extended to all tracks
  • Bugs, bugs everywhere (due to the limitations imposed by PS4 hardware)
  • Tons of "in a future update" assets (due to time limitations)
  • Career mode GT6 style
  • Solar energy vehicles
  • Mission to Mars

Lol if this was to be the case I wouldn't even buy GT7.:lol:
Also the whole "due to hardware limitations" is no excuse no more. The ps4 has too much damn power.

Lol

Lol if this was to be the case I wouldn't even buy GT7.:lol:
Also the whole "due to hardware limitations" is no excuse no more. The ps4 has too much damn power.
All hardware has limitations and the requirements for the real cutting edge future games are already in excess of the PS4's capabilities. It's only through console optimization that they are able to keep up but that only goes so far as well. GT7 will look great there's no doubt, but you won't get every thing you want in the game, it just isn't possible on the PS4 IMO.

GT7 will have
•Improved engine sounds
•The best graphics of any racing game on consoles ever
•The 2016 NSX (Red) as its cover car
•An extensive livery editor, along with more customization
•A challenge system akin to DriveClub's. Set an awesome time at the ring? Send the time to a friend and let him/her have a go at it!

Last edited:
The VGTs will probably appear in career mode as well, a few championships with different pp levels.
That would be the correct thing to do if they port them over (adding interiors would be great also but knowing PD..).
Would be comical if they'd just mix in all those fantasy cars with the regular grids; imagine the Mazda 787 with some Japanese Super GT's, a rally car and the Bertone vision GT :D

That would be the correct thing to do if they port them over (adding interiors would be great also but knowing PD..).
Would be comical if they'd just mix in all those fantasy cars with the regular grids; imagine the Mazda 787 with some Japanese Super GT's, a rally car and the Bertone vision GT :D

I'm almost 100% sure they will be ported over, no way Mr. Kaz is going to let the VGT program die with GT6. Unless maybe GT7 is still several years away from now but I doubt that as well, december 2015 is still my guess.

Well you can now do the GT3 championship with that Mazda 787 or super GT cars as well which is already silly. I seriously hope that for GT7 there will be proper restrictions about which cars can enter a certain race or championship. If it's ment for GT300, GT500 or GT3 cars then nothing else should be allowed in IMO. Same goes for endurance races where you need to refuel and change tires, disallow cars like the LLC Rocket who don't need refuelling. I know it's just singleplayer but seriously, people who do that without refuelling miss a big part of the fun and are just cheating on themselves.

My prediction/wish would be online driver changes.
I know its a lot to ask for so maybe at least using my own B-Spec driver(s).

I decided to make a predictions video for GT7 and I want to know you think will be done in the next GT. One thing I mentioned in the video is that an edited steering animation similar to Driveclub's should be implemented.

Was this thread inspired by my sig?

I think it's too early to make predictions on what GT7 will contain. All we can do is wait until we hear more about it and then draw our conclusions.

Back