GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,357 comments
Sorry, can't bring myself to read through the entire 18 previous pages, but have a question. Already pre-ordered and looking forward to the new toy. I always drive in bumper cam mode. Is the VR going to be in car view only? Reason I'm asking, is if it's in car only, I guess I should start driving that way now just to get used to it.

Sorry, can't bring myself to read through the entire 18 previous pages, but have a question. Already pre-ordered and looking forward to the new toy. I always drive in bumper cam mode. Is the VR going to be in car view only? Reason I'm asking, is if it's in car only, I guess I should start driving that way now just to get used to it.
Yes, it will be cockpit cam only, but as you will see it's totally different since you have a view at 360° and a way better visibility and natural feeling than when playing cockpit cam on TV. And believe me, when you will start playing in VR you won't need any other cam than this one! The dashboards and cars interiors are so much beautiful that trying all of the cars with this view is at least 50% of the fun of driving in VR.

Last edited:
Logitech G Pro ffb with gt7 is stellar.
Trueforce is the name of the game
Looks like an amazing wheel!

I use a DD pro 8nm with max torque and sensitivity both on 10, so the FFB feels really good too. Even if they "nerfed" it on certain cars to avoid injuries due to a glitch, it still feels really convincing and accurate with most of the cars. But to be honest I won't spit on a little extra torque, especially on some less powerful cars...

And for players using belt or gear driven wheels there's definitively some room for improvement!

I don't know... i pretty like T300RS FFB in GT7... 🤔
Before getting my direct drive I used a G29 for 3 years, and tried a T300RS with T-LCM pedals and TH8A shifter for a few days, and both wheels are actually pretty convincing with max FFB settings. I think it's mainly to avoid injuries and claims, but the settings recommended by Logitech, Thrustmaster or even Fanatec are however dull as possible, at least on GT7.

But even on my DD pro, I can't help but feeling that the torque is somehow restrained by GT7. The feeling is really good thought, more accurate than in GT sport and way better than in ACC, maybe because the DD pro is not natively recognized by ACC on PS5. It's probably way better on PC.

Last edited:
Has anyone played GTS in VR with a control pad? Is it disorientating or can you get your bearings and drive well?

Of course it would be preferable to use a wheel, but I need to budget for that later. I'm interested in the immersion factor, looking around the cars, interior etc., fast times are secondary.

I played GT on the pad all my life, since the original game on PS1. Including many hours time trialling on the PSVR, as it was the only virtual driving I had available. Was good. The disconnect between what you're doing with your hands and what you're seeing is slightly weird at first, but I quickly stopped noticing, just felt right in the car, and really immersed. So I think you'll love it.

I have recently upgraded to a DD wheel, though, and... well, I can't go back, let's put it like that. Tried the pad the other day just to see, and was appalled by how weird it felt! But at the time it was fine.

God though - full GT7 in VR with my DD Pro. I'm soooooo stoked. Needless to say my PSVR2 pre order is in :-)

Logitech G Pro ffb with gt7 is stellar.
Trueforce is the name of the game
I'm not real concerned with the canned effects that Trueforce is giving. The problem with Fanatec DD wheels is they feel like they're clipping no matter how low of settings you use. When you turn the wheel so far, all you feel is tension and nothing more. Even with my DD1 now it's the same way. Just makes it feel numb and lifeless. It's strange cause there's a few corners in the game that don't do it (carousel at Nurburgring for example).

Does the Logitech G Pro do this when you turn the wheel so far also? Or is there still FFB the whole way through the turns?

Just doesn't make sense that they can't even get the DD Pro feeling good when it's the "official" wheel of GT7.

I'm not real concerned with the canned effects that Trueforce is giving. The problem with Fanatec DD wheels is they feel like they're clipping no matter how low of settings you use. When you turn the wheel so far, all you feel is tension and nothing more. Even with my DD1 now it's the same way. Just makes it feel numb and lifeless. It's strange cause there's a few corners in the game that don't do it (carousel at Nurburgring for example).

Does the Logitech G Pro do this when you turn the wheel so far also? Or is there still FFB the whole way through the turns?

Just doesn't make sense that they can't even get the DD Pro feeling good when it's the "official" wheel of GT7.
I have a Logi Pro wheel, although it is my first DD wheel, and is an upgrade from a G25... :D I have some exposure to a Thrustmaster DD wheel on RF2 as my only real comparison.

The 'TrueForce' isn't a set of canned effects on top of the normal FFB, the reviews and how the settings screen was originally presented on the wheel were misleading. You are either using standard 'FFB' as the method of feedback, or the newer 'TrueForce', which something like GT7, ACC etc. implement.

Anyway, in terms of the clipping, I don't feel that this is happening, at least by my interpretation of what you mean, but I'll play again tonight and try to give some thought to specifically what you've asked.

I did waffle on about the wheel / fedback in the specific Logitech G Pro wheel thread over in the hardware section, but in essence, the feedback feels like there are somehow 'layers' of feedback. You can feel the rotational inertia of the steering system, the tyre grip, the rotation of the rear of the car, the rumble strips etc., but they somehow feel like distinct layers that are stacked on top of each other but still clearly distinguishable. I don't really understand how you can feel so much information when all the wheel can do is rotate left or right, but it is seriously impressive the depth of sensation you can feel.

In terms of strength, 11Nm with FFB strength on full in GT7 is realistically a bit ridiculous. I'm sure I'd get used to it, but at the moment when it's that strong, once the car starts to step out or say in an MR car when you can feel it start to pendulum, especially if you're on slicks so the breakaway is less gradual, the force is so instant and strong that it's actually intimidating to keep hold of and try to correct, because you're conscious of the fact if it snaps back the other way it is going to try and rip your thumbs off.

Specific examples that spring to mind that I think correspond to what you're asking, with a lot of steering load applied, you can still feel the difference in resistance if you accelerate (needs a powerful car) and thus lift weight off the front wheels, if you go over a crest etc., but equally if you lift off or go down a compression. Equally, say you're cornering hard and running to the edge of the track ride up a steep rumble strip (think the final ~5th gear left at the top of the climb at Bathurst) you feel the strip pushing against the wheel, or perhaps pulling against it if you drop down off the edge of a piece of track.

The rumble strip 'rumble' is so subtle (you can easily tune it up / down) and has no perceptible influence on the feedback you're feeling, you are just aware that you have a wheel on the rumble strip, I actually really missed it when I turned it off as part of testing the various settings in GT7.

I don't know if it's specifically the Logi DD wheel but it's surprising to read so many criticisms of the FFB in GT7, as I've been blown away by the amount of nuance you can feel, driving on a drying track is a particular highlight, and the amount of tuning that's possible directly on the Logi wheel (whilst still driving) means you can really tailor how it feels, and you can immediately make the settings changes and feel how they change the feedback, which for me is the first time I've then bothered investigating wheel settings, because you can roll a thumb wheel mid corner and feel the difference, so you can really easily dial it in.

I have a DD pro with the 8nm boost kit, and even with maxed out settings I have no clipping issues except in some hairpins or really tight corners with certain cars. When it happens I adjust the settings and it usually doesn't happen anymore. Anyway it's a ponctual issue that would happen with any other wheel and on any other game unless you have a wheel with very high torque like the 20+ nm DD wheels for PC.

It's not normal that your wheel clips that easily and almost everywhere except in a few corners of the game. Maybe your problem is not with the ingame settings, but most likely with your wheel settings. It probably happens easier if you have the 5nm version, but the DD pro feels way better than the other wheels I've tried on GT7 and should definitively not clip that easily.

EDIT: By the way, here's a very good video about the ingame FFB settings in GT7:

Last edited:
I have a DD pro with the 8nm boost kit, and even with maxed out settings I have no clipping issues except in some hairpins or really tight corners with certain cars. When it happens I adjust the settings and it usually doesn't happen anymore. Anyway it's a ponctual issue that would happen with any other wheel and on any other game unless you have a wheel with very high torque like the 20+ nm DD wheels for PC.

It's not normal that your wheel clips that easily and almost everywhere except in a few corners of the game. Maybe your problem is not with the ingame settings, but most likely with your wheel settings. It probably happens easier if you have the 5nm version, but the DD pro feels way better than the other wheels I've tried on GT7 and should definitively not clip that easily.

EDIT: By the way, here's a very good video about the ingame FFB settings in GT7:

As I mentioned, I now have a DD1 (20nm). I don't think the wheel is clipping. I think there's a lack of detail in the ffb once you've turned the wheel so far and it feels like clipping. I've tested this with 3 different DD Pro's and now my DD1. All act the same with GT7. All work perfectly on PC with every other sim. I've tried every recommended setting you can find and they all do the same exact thing.

Yep...all you get is a constant force but no feedback or detail.

For clarification I have a Fanatec GT Pro DD 8NM. Apologies for leaving that out. It's a long known issue described at nauseum over on the Fanatec forum. In update 1.15 it was briefly "fixed" where you could feel the detail but the signal was so weak you had to max out settings to kind of get the main force somewhat normal. Then everyone complained and PD switched it back to how it was in 1.16.

Last edited:
I have a 8 NM DD Pro and aside tension and some vague vibrations, I feel totaly disconnected with the car in the corners and straights (heck, even GTS ffb is better).
For the ones having a great experience with the DD Pro, I'm curious about the settings your are using.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me if Sony announce a State of Play now the Xbox Showcase is done. They need to show more footage of PS VR2 titles with gameplay & features, plus teasers of content coming down the line. Still a full month before release.

According to the guru over on the Fanatec forum, Thrustmaster wheels have the same issue and it's a problem with the game. But sounds like people here with Thrustmaster don't notice the issue. I suspect because of Trueforce masking it but I could be wrong.

1674690465914.png

Is the 110° viewing angle good enough? I may have to turn the volume up on opponent engines so I'll know when I have a car next to me.

110° is not enough to glance at your mirrors without moving your head. That said, it is a good FOV for a HMD in this price range. Only high end PC headsets have wider FOVs. I had no problem racing with my Rift S which has the same FOV.

As I mentioned, I now have a DD1 (20nm). I don't think the wheel is clipping. I think there's a lack of detail in the ffb once you've turned the wheel so far and it feels like clipping. I've tested this with 3 different DD Pro's and now my DD1. All act the same with GT7. All work perfectly on PC with every other sim. I've tried every recommended setting you can find and they all do the same exact thing.
Oh! With a 20nm, clipping is definitively not the issue here.

Never tried it before 1.15 since I had my wheel around october, but it seemed better back then according to players. Cannot compare to PC neither but I have a great experience with my settings. Maybe I'm not too picky since the only other wheels I used were a G29 and a T300RS, both on PS4&5, but I'm really happy with the wheel so far even if the feeling can be totally different depending on the cars.
I think that the loss of details you're talking about is due to the loss of grip more than the wheel inclination or clipping, it's a common issue in GT7, when you begin to lose grip your FFB becomes dull. Any FFB sensitivity settings under 10 tend to aggravate the phenomenon in my experience.

I assune that PC does it way better when it comes to retranscript FFB. ACC's FFB on console feels more dull than GT7 with the DD pro when on PC it's apparently really good.
I wish I could try the DD pro before 1.15 so that I could compare.
I have a 8 NM DD Pro and aside tension and some vague vibrations, I feel totaly disconnected with the car in the corners and straights (heck, even GTS ffb is better).
For the ones having a great experience with the DD Pro, I'm curious about the settings your are using.
I use those settings and I have a really good experience with most of the cars:

SEN AUTO
FF Str. 100
FF sca'e PEAK
Nar.Dpr. 38
Nat.Fri. OFF
Nat.Inert. OFF
FF Interp. 2
FE Intens. 100
For.Eff.% 100
Spr.Eff.% 100
Dpr.Eff.% 100
Brk.For. 50

In game settings:
All assists OFF except for ABS

・Controller steering sensitivity: 5
・FFB max torque: 8 to 10 depending on the cars, but on 10 most of the time. It feels great, especially with the 787B, 962C or the R92CP and other Gr.1 cars. It's sometimes a little dull with less powerfull cars, but really good overall. You can lower it depending on your preferences and driving style, but I wouldn't go under 6.
・FFB sensitivity: 10 (and I don't recommend to lower this value since you will lose all the details in low torque range and have a poor control over the car and a more dull feeling.

You can also set the wheel SEN manually. 900 is a good average setting, but if you want to use it for time trials, sport mode, or even for drifting, you can lower it up to 360. You will most likely be way faster (I use this trick for online time trials). It will lower the max steering angle and allow you to turn way quicker and thus improving your times, or make drifting easier as well, but at the price of an unnatural feeling and an increase of clipping and parasite details.
It will also make the FFB stronger so you may have to lower the FFB settings accordingly.

Except for those particular cases, I recommend to let the SEN on AUTO since the overall feeling is way better and realistic.

Don't know if those settings will work for you as well as they work for me since we all have different expectations, but you can give it a try 👍

Last edited:
Back