GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,350 comments
Oh! With a 20nm, clipping is definitively not the issue here.

Never tried it before 1.15 since I had my wheel around october, but it seemed better back then according to players. Cannot compare to PC neither but I have a great experience with my settings. Maybe I'm not too picky since the only other wheels I used were a G29 and a T300RS, both on PS4&5, but I'm really happy with the wheel so far even if the feeling can be totally different depending on the cars.
I think that the loss of details you're talking about is due to the loss of grip more than the wheel inclination or clipping, it's a common issue in GT7, when you begin to lose grip your FFB becomes dull. Any FFB sensitivity settings under 10 tend to aggravate the phenomenon in my experience.

I assune that PC does it way better when it comes to retranscript FFB. ACC's FFB on console feels more dull than GT7 with the DD pro when on PC it's apparently really good.
I wish I could try the DD pro before 1.15 so that I could compare.

I use those settings and I have a really good experience with most of the cars:

SEN AUTO
FF Str. 100
FF sca'e PEAK
Nar.Dpr. 38
Nat.Fri. OFF
Nat.Inert. OFF
FF Interp. 2
FE Intens. 100
For.Eff.% 100
Spr.Eff.% 100
Dpr.Eff.% 100
Brk.For. 50

In game settings:
All assists OFF except for ABS

・Controller steering sensitivity: 5
・FFB max torque: 8 to 10 depending on the cars, but on 10 most of the time. It feels great, especially with the 787B, 962C or the R92CP and other Gr.1 cars. It's sometimes a little dull with less powerfull cars, but really good overall. You can lower it depending on your preferences and driving style, but I wouldn't go under 6.
・FFB sensitivity: 10 (and I don't recommend to lower this value since you will lose all the details in low torque range and have a poor control over the car and a more dull feeling.

You can also set the wheel SEN manually. 900 is a good average setting, but if you want to use it for time trials, sport mode, or even for drifting, you can lower it up to 360. You will most likely be way faster (I use this trick for online time trials). It will lower the max steering angle and allow you to turn way quicker and thus improving your times, or make drifting easier as well, but at the price of an unnatural feeling and an increase of clipping and parasite details.
It will also make the FFB stronger so you may have to lower the FFB settings accordingly.

Except for those particular cases, I recommend to let the SEN on AUTO since the overall feeling is way better and realistic.

Don't know if those settings will work for you as well as they work for me since we all have different expectations, but you can give it a try 👍

Cheers mate will try them.

Out of interest what do you mean by ACC console being more 'dull' than gt7. As in detail? Because ffb, to me, feels another league or 5 better in ACC (PS5) compared to gt7. Not even close to a contest imo.

Last edited:
B80
Cheers mate will try them.

Out of interest what do you mean by ACC console being more 'dull' than gt7. As in detail? Because ffb, to me, feels another league or 5 better in ACC (PS5) compared to gt7. Not even close to a contest imo.
Sorry for my English! Dull is probably not the appropriate word. I love to play with strong FFB. I tried the Fanatec recommended settings and some other I found on internet, also tried to tune it myself, and even if the FFB feels really good and accurate I didnlt manage to get something as strong as on GT7, the difference in torque being about the same that you have between the 5nm and 8nm. Maybe there's another way to boost the max torque but I didn't manage to find it.

I assume that on PC you have a wider range of settings and you can push your wheels to their limits more easily.

EDIT: By example, if you try my settings with the 787B or the R92CP on the Spa, I think that you will understand what I mean. It's not the same category of cars, sure, but even knowing that, no matter the settings I use on ACC it doesn't even come close to what I experience in GT7 in terms of torque (FFB overall quality and details is another thing, and ACC probably does better than GT7).

Last edited:
Oh! With a 20nm, clipping is definitively not the issue here.

Never tried it before 1.15 since I had my wheel around october, but it seemed better back then according to players. Cannot compare to PC neither but I have a great experience with my settings. Maybe I'm not too picky since the only other wheels I used were a G29 and a T300RS, both on PS4&5, but I'm really happy with the wheel so far even if the feeling can be totally different depending on the cars.
I think that the loss of details you're talking about is due to the loss of grip more than the wheel inclination or clipping, it's a common issue in GT7, when you begin to lose grip your FFB becomes dull. Any FFB sensitivity settings under 10 tend to aggravate the phenomenon in my experience.

I assune that PC does it way better when it comes to retranscript FFB. ACC's FFB on console feels more dull than GT7 with the DD pro when on PC it's apparently really good.
I wish I could try the DD pro before 1.15 so that I could compare.

I use those settings and I have a really good experience with most of the cars:

SEN AUTO
FF Str. 100
FF sca'e PEAK
Nar.Dpr. 38
Nat.Fri. OFF
Nat.Inert. OFF
FF Interp. 2
FE Intens. 100
For.Eff.% 100
Spr.Eff.% 100
Dpr.Eff.% 100
Brk.For. 50

In game settings:
All assists OFF except for ABS

・Controller steering sensitivity: 5
・FFB max torque: 8 to 10 depending on the cars, but on 10 most of the time. It feels great, especially with the 787B, 962C or the R92CP and other Gr.1 cars. It's sometimes a little dull with less powerfull cars, but really good overall. You can lower it depending on your preferences and driving style, but I wouldn't go under 6.
・FFB sensitivity: 10 (and I don't recommend to lower this value since you will lose all the details in low torque range and have a poor control over the car and a more dull feeling.

You can also set the wheel SEN manually. 900 is a good average setting, but if you want to use it for time trials, sport mode, or even for drifting, you can lower it up to 360. You will most likely be way faster (I use this trick for online time trials). It will lower the max steering angle and allow you to turn way quicker and thus improving your times, or make drifting easier as well, but at the price of an unnatural feeling and an increase of clipping and parasite details.
It will also make the FFB stronger so you may have to lower the FFB settings accordingly.

Except for those particular cases, I recommend to let the SEN on AUTO since the overall feeling is way better and realistic.

Don't know if those settings will work for you as well as they work for me since we all have different expectations, but you can give it a try 👍
Thx Papi, I will try those settings 👍

honestly it’s probably more of a limitation of the wheel. Anything under 10Nm you have to do a trade off of large force vs detail.

This is like that update last year that “broke” the FFB for CSL DD’s, when in reality the FFB was perfect……if you had a DD1/2 to crank the TQ up.

The ACC profile is similar to that update, which would explain why you have a similar lack of force. When you get the combo of force/detail it really comes alive.

honestly it’s probably more of a limitation of the wheel. Anything under 10Nm you have to do a trade off of large force vs detail.

This is like that update last year that “broke” the FFB for CSL DD’s, when in reality the FFB was perfect……if you had a DD1/2 to crank the TQ up.

The ACC profile is similar to that update, which would explain why you have a similar lack of force. When you get the combo of force/detail it really comes alive.
For me the FFB in ACC when using the GT DD Pro 8NM is much better. It doesn't do the clipping like in GT7. It's horrendous on tracks like Willow Springs where you have those long high speed turns. You feel nothing but a constant spring force through the entirety.

For me the FFB in ACC when using the GT DD Pro 8NM is much better. It doesn't do the clipping like in GT7. It's horrendous on tracks like Willow Springs where you have those long high speed turns. You feel nothing but a constant spring force through the entirety.
Agreed, I’ll take detail over constant lifeless force.

But having 25Nm headroom also helps 🤪

I'll put all of this under spoiler cause it's a little out of topic:

Agreed, I’ll take detail over constant lifeless force.

But having 25Nm headroom also helps 🤪
Man, there's definitively something wrong with your settings, and my guess is that it's probably in-game FFB sensitivity (or a deeper problem with the wheel settings).

Willow Springs with the Escudo is from far the online time trial where I performed the best thanks to my DD pro. I managed to finish at 761st position.
DSC_0051.JPG
I have really skilled players in my friend list, including the Youtuber and former pro-drifter "Sim Action Clips" who managed to finish the S-10 license test in 2:21.269 in full manual transmission, and many other friends who get amazing gold times at each new online time trial. Usually they beat me up really bad in TT, especially those on controllers in TT like the one at Atlanta with the Redbull, where I couldn't compete with their cornering speed no matter what...

However, it's the first time I was way ahead of them on any online time trial, and same with the Nations Cup where I finished 4 seconds ahead of my fastest friend on the event and 10 seconds ahead of all the others.

DSC_0054.JPG
I was in 1st position from the beginning of the second lap and made constant lap times easily, mainly because I had a great precision in the big curves thanks to the DD pro. Never had clipping on this track (and once again I'm quite sure it's not your issue here). By memory I was doing the race with max torque between 6 and 8, because the torque was really strong with the Escudo, FFB sensitivity on 10, and wheel SEN on AUTO (the best for the tracks with long curbs as well).

You can add me as a friend on PSN if you want, my ID is papiculo_64. There are the replays for both the online TT and the nations cup, and it's easy to figure out that I have no clipping at all and a really good control in the curbs and precision with my DD pro.

A few days ago I finished the Spa 1h race 4 laps ahead of the second car and 5 laps ahead of the last 2 cars with the 787B in full manual and with intermediate tires from the start (only 1 pit stop).
And I finished almost every Circuit Experience I tried about 3 seconds faster than the gold time
I have way better perfomances compared to what it was with my G29 and I am so glad I bought this wheel that I don't understand how people have such bad experience with it in GT7...

It was quite a budget, but I don't regret any penny spent for it, I have a blast with this wheel so far, for the few months I used it on GT7!

Anyway, if you want some FFB details, any FFB sensitivity settings under 10 is bad in GT7. You definitively should try my settings on tracks like Willow Springs 👍

There will always be 2 schools and not later than yesterday I saw a video of a Youtuber recommending max torque 2 and senitivity 1 as the best FFB settings for a TGT-II, arguing that it performed really well in sport mode, which I am sure is true. But in terms of details, realism and driving sensations... come on!!!

Torque/force speaking, driving the 787B at max FFB settings with a DD pro 8nm is still far from what driving the the real car should feel like, any onboard cam will confim this. But max torque 2 and sensitivity 1 is approximately the level of detail of Wipeout... 😅

Thanks for your reply!

I'd love to have a little more force in ACC, but it feels really good anyway, and I ain't buying another wheel anytime soon... 😜

A 25nm headroom seems awesome, I'd love to try that kind of setup someday!

Last edited:
Guys!

I just received a mail from Playstation, and there will be a PSVR2 event in Tokyo on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th of February, where not only Horizon and Resident Evil will be playable, but even GT7 VR mode!

I live in south Japan so I won't be able to go (just asked my wife and it was a clear NO! 😖), but here's the details and the application form for those living around Tokyo and who want to participate to the event:

There will be free T-shirt and pouch for participants. Maybe they will make similar events in the West too, and hopefully with GT7 as well :)

EDIT: I made a video with a little more details about the event, for those interested:

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Special PlayStation VR2 Event Will Let You Try Gran Turismo 7 (But Only in Japan)

An announcement on the PlayStation Blog Japan has revealed that Gran Turismo 7 will be one of the games available in a special PlayStation VR2 event in Tokyo next month...
I'd really love to go, but cannot let my wife alone with our 3 kids, especially since I will receive the PSVR2 4 days later 😅 The shinkansen + capsule hotel would cost me almost the same price as the headset anyway... ><'

But I hope that we get some nice footages to get us hyped even more! :)

Thanks for the thorough article!

Last edited:
The psvr2 is stereo vision binocular right (each image for each eye is slightly different)? So you get actual depth perception?
Yes, and it's waaaayyyy better than the stereoscopic 3D that you can have in cinema. You're litterally inside the game, no better way to describe it!

------------------------

Another story, but I was playing some lobby yesterday with a friend of mine who is also a gt planet user and had problems with the FFB on his DD pro.

We played with Gr.1 cars on different tracks with Racing Hard tires, and he realized that the lack of details and overall lifeless FFB he was exeperiencing was because he was always using soft tires. I use RH or intermediate tires 95% of the time so I didn't realize how much the tires compound could impact FFB, but even if he said that it was not as good as in some other PC sims, my friend had a way better experience with RH tires and seemed convinced with the FFB and sensitivity on 10. If some of you are mostly using soft tires, it's worth giving a try :)

Last edited:
What's the deal with the old psvr working on gt7 ? i have a old one collecting dust no way I'll be getting the upgrade just for GT but it would be nice to use it .

I'm waiting for you guys who have it pre-ordered to give your thoughts during those first days. If the reviews are solid and it really is great, I'm going to cave.
We should have reviews from various outlets a week before release. Not sure if they will include GT7 impressions though, but the headset itself should have plenty of user reviews. Probably bundled with the Horizon game is my guess. Also the JP event, maybe some JP GT players will have some impressions.

What do think, which cars will be the best experience in VR?
Altough these are not even my favourite cars, I can't wait to try the Sauber C9 (or any group C car), Nissan GTR with race exhaust and the Murcielago in VR.
Honestly I think the go-kart will be fun cause your so close to the road and out in the environment. Otherwise it'll be some classics like the ford cosworth, old Ferrari's, etc

Altough these are not even my favourite cars, I can't wait to try the Sauber C9 (or any group C car), Nissan GTR with race exhaust and the Murcielago in VR.
I remember driving the mx-5 in VR sport and looking over the side of the door at the ground passing by and being really impressed

Only the most luxurious of interiors for me.

Back