GT7 to feature Isle of Man?

• Thread starter adamp93
  • 112 comments
What promisse? I don´t recall PD saying that at all!
It's just @ironman44321 bringing up the whole "they never promised that?"

:lol:

Btw did you guys see this?
UPDATE: GTPlanet users who live on the Isle of Man are reporting that a Gran Turismo team was spotted at the airport. Police have also informed local residents that this service vehicle would be driven slowly around the circuit over the next two weeks by “Japanese technicians”.

https://www.gtplanet.net/rumor-isle-of-man-tt-course-considered-for-gran-turismo-7/

99% sure its coming to GT7 now. Which makes me 200% sure I will be buying GT7. And 300% sure we wont see GT7 until the end of 2015 at the earliest
And 400% sure it will be available only through DLC but they won't add bikes.:P

Seriously it's cool news, but let me suggest you to not buy the same old marketing trick. Yes we can speculate for a year or two but before preorder something I suggest to wait official news that it's confirmed to be in GT7 1.0 and not through a vague "future update".

@TokoTurismo is correct. They never promised it, but mark my words there will come a time when someone cries "Stupid PD always breaks promises! Just like the livery editor and the bikes!"
The audacity of people to claim that Kaz has talked about a livery editor before!! Where do they come up with this stuff!?!?!

Oh wait...
Dg95n1a.jpg

Well, good thing that Isle of Man will be in the game, but i´m only keeping my certanty at 99%. Remember we saw Seattle in the Acura NSX vídeo but we haven´t heard anything about the circuit since then...

Well, good thing that Isle of Man will be in the game, but i´m only keeping my certanty at 99%. Remember we saw Seattle in the Acura NSX vídeo but we haven´t heard anything about the circuit since then...

Seattle was a classic in GT3 and 4. Loved the time of day and used to love how the heat rose from the track. Made for brilliant replay viewing. 👍

Gosh how I miss GT's 60 fps replays...

If bikes come back there will only be one problem, people in real life don't watch for bikes while in cars, it won't get better in a game...
I doubt they'd be on track at the same time though so things like that shouldn't happen - that is if they were to even be in the same game.

Frankly I'm doubtful about bikes in a GT game again.

I doubt they'd be on track at the same time though so things like that shouldn't happen - that is if they were to even be in the same game.

Frankly I'm doubtful about bikes in a GT game again.
Me too. Revenue wise, I think it's much smarter to just create a whole separate game even if most of the assets are shared. There has to be a lot of crossover between bike and car fans, so if you combine the two, each crossover fan who would have bought the games separately is a lost sale.

The audacity of people to claim that Kaz has talked about a livery editor before!! Where do they come up with this stuff!?!?!

Oh wait...
Dg95n1a.jpg
Oh I remember this. I guess they must have scapped that idea due to scrapping GT HD, but they should have kept on aiming for it.

37.73 miles is longer than Imola, Mugello, Aragon, Hockenheim, Vallelunga, Estoril, Hungaroring, Okayama, Autopolis, Sugo, Zandvoort, Zolder, Knockhill and Oulton Park put together. Or longer than Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Road America, Lime Rock, Sonoma, Mosport, Mont-Tremblant, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Interlagos, Portrero de los Funes, Ordos, Algarve, Mores and Magny-Cours put together. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison in terms of cost, as on the Isle of Mann you only need one license and there's no need to transport all the equipment from place to place, but I think it gives a hint to the scale of the scanning and modeling work that needs to be done to include such a course.

I think this course would be a luxury that Gran Turismo isn't ready for yet, as the real world track selection remains patchy and limited. The rate that PD is adding real world tracks to their games has been slow in the past and a monumental project of this size isn't likely to improve that. I'd rather even just 4-5 usable permanent racing facilities to this behemoth.

If it is included, it would once again indicate that GT is more keen to sell out to marketing than it's rivals. Nobody else is wasting their time and resources modeling 37 mile tracks rather than focusing on usable tracks.

I know it's not an apples to apples comparison in terms of cost, as on the Isle of Mann you only need one license and there's no need to transport all the equipment from place to place, but I think it gives a hint to the scale of the scanning and modeling work that needs to be done to include such a course.

I think this course would be a luxury that Gran Turismo isn't ready for yet, as the real world track selection remains patchy and limited. The rate that PD is adding real world tracks to their games has been slow in the past and a monumental project of this size isn't likely to improve that. I'd rather even just 4-5 usable permanent racing facilities to this behemoth.

If it is included, it would once again indicate that GT is more keen to sell out to marketing than it's rivals. Nobody else is wasting their time and resources modeling 37 mile tracks rather than focusing on usable tracks.

PD keen on selling out to marketing... because they want to include one of the most technical TT tracks in the world that's nowhere near as well know as the Ring? If the casual gamers who buy GT heard that Isle of Man was included would they even know what it is and how large the track is? What you're saying isn't even true in the slightest, because announcing that you have 5 brand new tracks as opposed to one sounds more marketable than what you stated. And what makes other tracks more "usable" compared to the Isle of Man?

Personally I'd rather drive on the IoM than 5 other circuits not only in terms for visual appeal but also track design. Nurburgring remains my most driven course in the game and it's because of the long stretch of twisty tight bumpy roads and elevation changes that's extremely exhilarating where you don't really experience anywhere else. Another behemoth like that is only a good thing.

You won't find the walls of trees adding to the sensation of speed or these type of vistas in smaller circuits. Many circuit tracks look and feel the same anyway.

iJKrHGkdZSpmX.jpg

modp-1301-01-o%20isle-of-man-TT-races%20subaru-BRZs.jpg

article-1393267-0C5C41F000000578-583_468x286.jpg

A member from the Neogaf forums is also reporting PD at Isle of Man, this time even stating they have laserscan and photo equipment.

Jibbed
This will be the first and last time me knowing a guy who works for the Isle of Man transport department pays off, but anyway; I received a text this morning from a good friend on the island, and apparently there's currently a team over there conducting initial photography and laser-scanning certain areas of the 38 mile long track for 'use in the upcoming PS4 Gran Turismo game'.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858076

And what makes other tracks more "usable" compared to the Isle of Man?
Track width for one thing. It's basically two cars wide, not even as wide as the 'Ring, and with barriers on each side for good portions of the track. All one would have to do in a race is drive up the middle and you can't be passed. The length of the circuit is also not conducive to racing. It's equal to more than 12-15 laps of typical circuits.

It's a Time Trial/solo track for the most part. Nothing wrong with that, and that's certainly the direction the game is going anyway, at least with GT6 so far. It kind of fits right in to the GT way of doing things.

PD keen on selling out to marketing... because they want to include one of the most technical TT tracks in the world that's nowhere near as well know as the Ring? If the casual gamers who buy GT heard that Isle of Man was included would they even know what it is and how large the track is? What you're saying isn't even true in the slightest, because announcing that you have 5 brand new tracks as opposed to one sounds more marketable than what you stated.
37.7 miles. Sony will make sure to mention the length of the course every chance they get. There's a WOW factor in having a track twice the length of the Nurburgring combined course, particularly one as daunting and dangerous as the Isle of Mann TT. The course is already fairly well-known, particularly among moto-heads, and it's marketing potential is great because PD can show off the course's scenery, history and superlative statistics. PD can't do the same with Sachsenring, Ledenon, Knockhill or Zandvoort. GT can make the TT course famous, though it can't make it a good racing course.
And what makes other tracks more "usable" compared to the Isle of Man?
Shorter length, greater width and smoother surface tracks are considerably better for club racing, casual racing, and realistic racing. A challenging course doesn't necessarily make a good racing course.
Personally I'd rather drive on the IoM than 5 other circuits not only in terms for visual appeal but also track design. Nurburgring remains my most driven course in the game and it's because of the long stretch of twisty tight bumpy roads and elevation changes that's extremely exhilarating where you don't really experience anywhere else. Another behemoth like that is only a good thing.

You won't find the walls of trees adding to the sensation of speed or these type of vistas in smaller circuits. Many circuit tracks look and feel the same anyway.
That's where we differ. I hardly ever race on the Nordschliefe. It just doesn't provide very good racing compared to shorter alternatives and the TT course only exaggerates the Ring's shortcomings.

I don't know about anyone else but if we don't get bikes with this (which, who knows, we may well do), then I'll be quite disappointed.

It's like the Pikes Peak cars without Pikes Peak, Bathurst without V8 Supercars (a single, hilariously-outdated 14-year-old model does not count), TopGear without the mountain of million-pound bang-up-to-date exotica, World Rally Championship without the "rally".

It just won't feel right...

I don't know about anyone else but if we don't get bikes with this (which, who knows, we may well do), then I'll be quite disappointed.

It's like the Pikes Peak cars without Pikes Peak, Bathurst without V8 Supercars (a single, hilariously-outdated 14-year-old model does not count), TopGear without the mountain of million-pound bang-up-to-date exotica, World Rally Championship without the "rally".

I understand your pain, but do remember the course is also run by cars, and is at the end if the day a public road

I'll believe the rumors when PD actually confirm the IoM TT track for GT7, though like what happened with Bathurst, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out with GT8.

Good point, but cars on that track will be so much fun, I'll never get tired of driving it.

Back