GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download V2.01 with Dyno plot built in!

<very accomodating use of time & posting of screenshot>
Thanks for troubleshooting this for me!

It looks like you've made the same adjustment I did (which prompted my original comment in this thread), by setting the "min corner speed gear" to 1 instead of the default 2. That does seem to do the trick.

I'm wondering if it's a situation where some really powerful engines paired with older 5- and 6-gear transmissions just can't manage a 1st gear short enough to fit underneath a 2nd gear that is, itself, hitting the power band at/around 50 mph. Like by asking the transmission to keep power while accelerating the car to 210+, expecting 2nd gear to be at peak power at 50 is just asking too much.

Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Thanks for troubleshooting this for me!

It looks like you've made the same adjustment I did (which prompted my original comment in this thread), by setting the "min corner speed gear" to 1 instead of the default 2. That does seem to do the trick.

I'm wondering if it's a situation where some really powerful engines paired with older 5- and 6-gear transmissions just can't manage a 1st gear short enough to fit underneath a 2nd gear that is, itself, hitting the power band at/around 50 mph. Like by asking the transmission to keep power while accelerating the car to 210+, expecting 2nd gear to be at peak power at 50 is just asking too much.

Does that make sense?

Ahh yes this makes sense, I didn’t realise you were trying to set 2nd gear to the min corner speed.

This particular car could almost make use of 7 gears.

Look st the tractive force graph, ideally each gear should touch the next gear so that tractive force is kept as a smooth curve.

Ahh yes this makes sense, I didn’t realise you were trying to set 2nd gear to the min corner speed.

This particular car could almost make use of 7 gears.

Look st the tractive force graph, ideally each gear should touch the next gear so that tractive force is kept as a smooth curve.
I think we've cracked it. 😄

I don't know if it's a quirk of my version of Excel or just the way the spreadsheet was saved, but I fell victim to thinking that some settings were at their "default" value when it appears that they've been saved as tweaked in my working version of the tuner. The min turn gear being set to 2 is one of those, lol

Knowing this now is probably going to render my earlier feedback completely moot, as I bet that changing that setting to 1st gear will fix the ratio range problem in every case where it has popped up.

Also, I've neglected to mention - you've done great work eith this thing. Well worth the meager $10 you charge for access - I can't imagine the amount of work that went into creating it.

I think we've cracked it. 😄

I don't know if it's a quirk of my version of Excel or just the way the spreadsheet was saved, but I fell victim to thinking that some settings were at their "default" value when it appears that they've been saved as tweaked in my working version of the tuner. The min turn gear being set to 2 is one of those, lol

Knowing this now is probably going to render my earlier feedback completely moot, as I bet that changing that setting to 1st gear will fix the ratio range problem in every case where it has popped up.

Also, I've neglected to mention - you've done great work eith this thing. Well worth the meager $10 you charge for access - I can't imagine the amount of work that went into creating it.
Thanks for the reply. Most appreciated. Just can’t wait for the web app to be complete so we can use this thing with ease on any device!

Thanks for the reply. Most appreciated. Just can’t wait for the web app to be complete so we can use this thing with ease on any device!
It'll be really nice to just drop screenshots from the PS App into your app, rather than having to email them to myself.

But for now, emailing them to myself is a small inconvenience compared to how useful the transmission tuning is. It's shocking how much better the gear ratios from your tuner work compared to the "automatic" setting in the game.

Hi, I am a new user of your calculator, running it with Excel 2010. I am happy with the results of the two tuned cars I used for a private online race, as shown in the attached files with my final tuning settings below.

The first is a Lamborghini LP610-4 '15 tuned to 385hp at 2,445lb. I have used the calculator to come up with a nice handling setup. However, when I choose "Calc Input" for the final drive and/or the gear ratio, it shows a Visual Basic error 1004.

The second is a Mustang GT '15 tuned to 474hp at 2,967lb, running 103kg ballast at position 50 to the rear. I tried to use the calculator to work out a handling tune for this car, but the suggested suspension settings seemed too soft. The car would break traction with even a slight touch of the throttle. I had to stiffen the shock absorbers and springs settings to accommodate. However, the anti-roll bar and toe settings were useful for this setup. Again, due to the tune of the car, the suggested LSD settings were a little too aggressive, even when I set it to -5.

Please let me know if I have done anything incorrectly with the setup sheet.

All in all, the calculator has helped me save a lot of time from trial and error when setting up my cars, and I would like to thank you for the work you put into this. It is truly a well-spent $10.

For future updates, it would be good if you could provide calculations for suggestions to increase the overall grip of the car, like in the case of my Mustang. Maybe due to the RWD (Rear-Wheel Drive) and the power, it is very difficult to put the power to the ground unless it runs with stiff suspension settings. Also, is it possible to calculate a suggested ride height for a car or just set it to the lowest possible height that is still good for riding the curbs on the track? Lastly, a quick question about the Toe Angle: is "-" toe in and "+" toe out?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• LP610-4 Tuning Sheet.pdf
    127.6 KB · Views: 5
  • LP610-4 VBError.jpg
    LP610-4 VBError.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 4
  • LP610-4.1.jpeg
    LP610-4.1.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 4
  • LP610-4.2.jpeg
    LP610-4.2.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 5
  • LP610-4.3.jpeg
    LP610-4.3.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Mustang Tuning Sheet.pdf
    124.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Mustang.1.jpeg
    Mustang.1.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Mustang.2.jpeg
    Mustang.2.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Mustang.3.jpeg
    Mustang.3.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi, I am a new user of your calculator, running it with Excel 2010. I am happy with the results of the two tuned cars I used for a private online race, as shown in the attached files with my final tuning settings below.

The first is a Lamborghini LP610-4 '15 tuned to 385hp at 2,445lb. I have used the calculator to come up with a nice handling setup. However, when I choose "Calc Input" for the final drive and/or the gear ratio, it shows a Visual Basic error 1004.

The second is a Mustang GT '15 tuned to 474hp at 2,967lb, running 103kg ballast at position 50 to the rear. I tried to use the calculator to work out a handling tune for this car, but the suggested suspension settings seemed too soft. The car would break traction with even a slight touch of the throttle. I had to stiffen the shock absorbers and springs settings to accommodate. However, the anti-roll bar and toe settings were useful for this setup. Again, due to the tune of the car, the suggested LSD settings were a little too aggressive, even when I set it to -5.

All in all, the calculator has helped me save a lot of time from trial and error when setting up my cars, and I would like to thank you for the work you put into this. It is truly a well-spent $10.

For future updates, it would be good if you could provide calculations for suggestions to increase the overall grip of the car, like in the case of my Mustang. Maybe due to the RWD (Rear-Wheel Drive) and the power, it is very difficult to put the power to the ground unless it runs with stiff suspension settings. Also, is it possible to calculate a suggested ride height for a car or just set it to the lowest possible height that is still good for riding the curbs on the track? Lastly, a quick question about the Toe Angle: is "-" toe in and "+" toe out?

Many thanks.

Nice report, thanks for the detail!

Mustang road car is not the best handling, I remember it was used in an online time trial a year or so ago, wasn’t easy!

Mind you it was back before the physics update.

Many thanks.
Another idea on the mustang, look at the tractive force graph, see the gears over lap 2 gears higher, use 2nd for the min speed corner gear. This will give you wider power band, also there is a lot of torque for the size of the contact patch for this car, hence is breaks traction very easily! Raise your minimum corner speed to 75/80 kmh.

Thank you for your input. I am using my gear ratio at the moment. But when I choose "Calc Input" for the final drive and/or the gear ratio, it shows a Visual Basic error 1004. What should I do to solve this issue?

Thank you for your input. I am using my gear ratio at the moment. But when I choose "Calc Input" for the final drive and/or the gear ratio, it shows a Visual Basic error 1004. What should I do to solve this issue?
I am not sure I have ever come across this issue before. Send me a private message with your order email and I will send a fresh copy to try out.

Back