GT7 tuning...

• Thread starter jrbabbitt
  • 19 comments

jrbabbitt

Premium
United States
Charleston, SC
TCR_JimyBee
Since GT7 is somewhat familiar to GT Sport, is it possible that the tuning setups will be compatible? Meaning if I have a stable tune for my Toyota 2000GT in GTS will this setup be valid for GT7?
I would love to hear opinions....
Thank you

Since GT7 is somewhat familiar to GT Sport, is it possible that the tuning setups will be compatible? Meaning if I have a stable tune for my Toyota 2000GT in GTS will this setup be valid for GT7?
I would love to hear opinions....
Thank you
Good question and I don't know if the tunes from GTS will work on GT7 setups, but we will soon find out if they do or not.

hmmm. Seeing as though GT7 has tire pressure adjustments and a few other new things such as the dynamic ToD, I would say that you'd need to retune them anyways

Last edited:
because temperature affects tires. This affects grip levels. That affects your ability to be fast. I don't see how this is news to you?
In any case you'll need to retune due to changes in physics from Sport to GT7, whatever that turns out to be, wont be identical.
So to answer your original question, your original question being "Meaning if I have a stable tune for my Toyota 2000GT in GTS will this setup be valid for GT7?"

I'll answer it like this: you can try, but you'll need to retune some cars, at the bare minimum. We won't know till the game is out. Doesn't matter if it's a toyota or a hyundai, you'll need to tune again.

Last edited:
because temperature affects tires. This affects grip levels. That affects your ability to be fast. I don't see how this is news to you?
In any case you'll need to retune due to changes in physics from Sport to GT7, whatever that turns out to be, will be not identical.
It's not news to me, it's just I have not experienced such drastic changes in grip/ handling on GT Sport when I race in different times of day...
I am NOT a pro, I am a casual but avid racer who knows enough to do better than avg on track

Last edited:
Let's say you never race other players, only play the single player, then maybe you won't feel the need to retune all your cars, but it will be beneficial to do just that. Throw out your old tunes and start from scratch! That's the best advice.

As for GT Sport, I race with wheel and I've had to make separate tunes when I race on different tracks, because most of my tunes are too cutting edge, so they are not stable. I'm more than happy to make new tunes for GT7 as the new weather and dynamic ToD will change my strategy anyways. You should do the same. The most fun I've had when not looking at my cars, was trying to tune them

Last edited:
Let's say you never race other players, only play the single player, then maybe you won't feel the need to retune all your cars, but it will be beneficial to do just that. Throw out your old tunes and start from scratch! That's the best advice.

As for GT Sport, I race with wheel and I've had to make separate tunes when I race on different tracks, because most of my tunes are too cutting edge, so they are not stable. I'm more than happy to make new tunes for GT7 as the new weather and dynamic ToD will change my strategy anyways. You should do the same. The most fun I've had when not looking at my cars, was trying to tune them
I have a few hundred good GT Sport tunes on my pc for that game, but with GT7 the physics change it's best to start from scratch for GT7 like you said with tunes.

It's not news to me, it's just I have not experienced such drastic changes in grip/ handling on GT Sport when I race in different times of day...
I don't know what kind of cars you drove, but I'll say it's blatantly obvious in GR3s, on GTSport. Any online lobby that wasn't set for mid day "fine" time\weather was an instant loss in grip.

I never bothered to tune around it, but I could definitely feel it. If you know your best lap times using optimal time of day, and then spend a day in lobbies that use "vote track" (which auto sets the time to whatever default is for each track) you'll notice.

It has adjustable tyre pressure? Have you got a screenshot? I haven't seen that yet.
I concede. there is no tyre pressure adjustment yet. Thought I read something about it before launch but anyways, thats a bit bollocks indeed. Would've been a game changer for me, but the game's just started, so it's still got a lot of life left! Who knows what's coming anyways! I speculate that GT6 TPE or a course maker could return, which would be right up my alley as well...

Last edited:
As I posted in the physics thread, road cars seem to "come alive" with much stiffer setups than before.
I mean 10/10 maxed ARBs front and rear as well as spring rates > 2.3

Because everything is much more tailhappy/lively in GT7 you might also want to dial in under/oversteer at entry/exit using the adjustable LSD. Lower accel lock to decrease power oversteer, raise decel lock to increase braking stability.
My baseline rear diff is something like 10/15/30

Might not be realistic but these two tweaks have done wonders for me

Last edited:
I concede. there is no tyre pressure adjustment yet. Thought I read something about it before launch but anyways, thats a bit bollocks indeed. Would've been a game changer for me, but the game's just started, so it's still got a lot of life left! Who knows what's coming anyways! I speculate that GT6 TPE or a course maker could return, which would be right up my alley as well...
Lol, yet. 10 points for optimism, I guess.

Latest Posts

Back