GT7 Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter GlockPants
  • 12,752 comments
  • 2,000,039 views
It’s time for another weekly challenge refresh. This week, the Hyundai Ioniq 6 returns, we take Jimnys to the Pacific Coast Highway, and we take to Suzuka with Gr.1 machinery.

Race 1 - Sunday Cup @ Brands Hatch Indy
For this one, we have the 2007 Suzuki Swift Sport on sports hard tires. A very good car to drive. I won by over 8 seconds. Pretty easy then.

IMG_0586.webp


Race 2 - Jimny Cup @ Grand Valley South
I used my tuned Jimny XC for this race. I only had two choices, this or the four-cylinder Sierra model. I went with the XC because three cylinders sound better. I would win by 16 seconds, so easy again.

IMG_0587.webp


Race 3 - Euro FR 550 @ Maggiore East
I used something that is just as boxy as the Jimny for this one: the Volvo 240. With some tuning, it can easily meet the 550PP recommendation. I won by 25 seconds in the flying brick, which is one of the raspier-sounding four cylinders in the game with the racing muffler. I loved it.

IMG_0588.webp


Race 4 - Ioniq 6 @ Tokyo Expwy Central
Yawn, hate this car, fully upgraded, destroyed the field, next…

IMG_0589.webp


Race 5 - Gr.1 Proto Series @ Suzuka
In a nod to the Mazda RT24-P DPi, I picked the LM55 VGT Gr.1 for this final race and threw on a DPi livery. This was my favorite of all of the DPis thanks to its screamer of a four-cylinder engine being capable of over 9,000 RPM. Absolutely beautiful. I do love the short-lived era of IMSA where the DPis and LMP2s competed against each other in the same prototype class in 2017 and 2018. Anyways, enough reminiscing…on to the race.

IMG_0590.webp


I kept it at fuel map 1 on racing mediums and pitted on lap 5 for fuel only. Since I had gapped the field by quite a bit, I pitted for fresh softs only on lap 8 to attempt the absolute fastest lap. I managed a 1:38.0 by when I crossed the line on the final lap. Once I got to the results screen, my power went out for a few seconds. Thankfully, it counted, but I had to get into a time trial to get my shots for the post. I don’t like the majority of the VGTs, but the LM55 Gr.1 is one of the handful of gems in there. I absolutely love it! Livery credit to NS_Zokeo_9

IMG_0591.webp


IMG_0592.webp


For my six-star ticket, I snagged quite the machine: the Bugatti Chiron. An absolute weapon in a straight line with 1,500 horses on tap and a top speed of 260 mph.

IMG_0585.webp


Take care!
 
These were horrifically bad. The Jimny tries to kill you if you do anything but accelerate in a straight line. Even with tuned suspension, racing soft tires, and a gentle hand on the throttle and brake it's a garbage car to drive let alone race.

The Hyundai is flat garbage. It's a bad car with bad noises that drives badly and anyone who owns it in real life should be embarrassed.
Hypercars at Suzuka is alright I guess?
 
These were horrifically bad. The Jimny tries to kill you if you do anything but accelerate in a straight line. Even with tuned suspension, racing soft tires, and a gentle hand on the throttle and brake it's a garbage car to drive let alone race.

The Hyundai is flat garbage. It's a bad car with bad noises that drives badly and anyone who owns it in real life should be embarrassed.
Hypercars at Suzuka is alright I guess?
For the Jimny I put racing suspension on, then stiffened everything especially compression, then it drove OK for what it is.
Hyundai I just put racing softs on it and never braked to 100%. Boring to drive.
For the Suzuka race I used the F1 car on racing softs. Almost finished the first stint when I saw rain incoming rapidly so pitted early for IMs. The AI got caught in the rain and they all smashed into eachother at the hairpin causing a huge road block. Put it on fuel map 4 and shredded the IMs until the front right had zero tread left, then rolled over the finish line as I ran out of fuel
 
These were horrifically bad. The Jimny tries to kill you if you do anything but accelerate in a straight line. Even with tuned suspension, racing soft tires, and a gentle hand on the throttle and brake it's a garbage car to drive let alone race.

The Hyundai is flat garbage. It's a bad car with bad noises that drives badly and anyone who owns it in real life should be embarrassed.
Hypercars at Suzuka is alright I guess?
I agree for the Jimny , i don't remember being that bad and didn't change anything from last time i use it .
And i think was the same race again.
When you brake , you never know what side of the horizon you will see 😂
 
I agree for the Jimny , i don't remember being that bad and didn't change anything from last time i use it .
And i think was the same race again.
When you brake , you never know what side of the horizon you will see 😂
Sometimes you get to see all the sides... and the top and the bottom. I think I did a barrel roll coming into T1 on my last lap :D
 
With four quite bland races and one that I've never liked, I'll keep it very short. Here's my car selection :

WC_261009_GS.webp


Used my Captur daily shopping cart for the Sunday Cup race and a hard to control Jimny XC at GV which in fact is the car I had bought for the very first Jimny Special Event back in the days. It's been a better drive then ...
For the Lago Maggiore event I brought out my Z4 again which is tuned to roughly 550 PP and that's been a good decision as I had an insane Tuscan driver chasing me like a madman all race long.
The Ioniq, well, it's really let me call it unique but if I spent more time with it I'd probably start to like it some day. Not as much as I like the LM55 though, much more than Suzuka in the rain for sure. I had one of these races with Wong lightyears ahead, with rain for the second half of the race but I could keep my pace and take the fifth win.

The prize car's been an Enzo which I sold right away.

As for the Power Pack races I coincidentally picked what @zaxs posted above, some of the Tuning Events incl. both 500 hp races.
Chose the fantastic Ruf RGT for my car and both races have been easy wins with bonus.
For now I'm going with the top cars ( no garage cars though, no way ) but I've realized I'll possibly do it again for a more challenging walkthrough.

Cheers everyone. :)
 
Last edited:
It’s time for another weekly challenge refresh. This week, the Hyundai Ioniq 6 returns, we take Jimnys to the Pacific Coast Highway, and we take to Suzuka with Gr.1 machinery.

Race 1 - Sunday Cup @ Brands Hatch Indy
For this one, we have the 2007 Suzuki Swift Sport on sports hard tires. A very good car to drive. I won by over 8 seconds. Pretty easy then.

View attachment 1570146

Race 2 - Jimny Cup @ Grand Valley South
I used my tuned Jimny XC for this race. I only had two choices, this or the four-cylinder Sierra model. I went with the XC because three cylinders sound better. I would win by 16 seconds, so easy again.

View attachment 1570147

Race 3 - Euro FR 550 @ Maggiore East
I used something that is just as boxy as the Jimny for this one: the Volvo 240. With some tuning, it can easily meet the 550PP recommendation. I won by 25 seconds in the flying brick, which is one of the raspier-sounding four cylinders in the game with the racing muffler. I loved it.

View attachment 1570148

Race 4 - Ioniq 6 @ Tokyo Expwy Central
Yawn, hate this car, fully upgraded, destroyed the field, next…

View attachment 1570149

Race 5 - Gr.1 Proto Series @ Suzuka
In a nod to the Mazda RT24-P DPi, I picked the LM55 VGT Gr.1 for this final race and threw on a DPi livery. This was my favorite of all of the DPis thanks to its screamer of a four-cylinder engine being capable of over 9,000 RPM. Absolutely beautiful. I do love the short-lived era of IMSA where the DPis and LMP2s competed against each other in the same prototype class in 2017 and 2018. Anyways, enough reminiscing…on to the race.

View attachment 1570150

I kept it at fuel map 1 on racing mediums and pitted on lap 5 for fuel only. Since I had gapped the field by quite a bit, I pitted for fresh softs only on lap 8 to attempt the absolute fastest lap. I managed a 1:38.0 by when I crossed the line on the final lap. Once I got to the results screen, my power went out for a few seconds. Thankfully, it counted, but I had to get into a time trial to get my shots for the post. I don’t like the majority of the VGTs, but the LM55 Gr.1 is one of the handful of gems in there. I absolutely love it! Livery credit to NS_Zokeo_9

View attachment 1570151

View attachment 1570152

For my six-star ticket, I snagged quite the machine: the Bugatti Chiron. An absolute weapon in a straight line with 1,500 horses on tap and a top speed of 260 mph.

View attachment 1570153

Take care!
That LM55 livery almost looks like mine from GTS.
 
Late but here it is:



Sunday Cup: Mercedes SL 300. Just for kicks.
Jimny Cup: Sierra JC. After that bizarre issue (which so far is somehow related to the brakes), All is well.
European FR Challenge 550: BMW 3.0 CSL. Had to bring back out the Batmobile.
Gr.1 Prototype Series: Porsche 963. Just wanted an excuse to use the Penske Truck Rental Livery.
Special Event: Abit skittish but I tend to try and be smooth so maybe I'm the only weirdo that finds it good.
 
Why does that Ioniq have such violent snap oversteer under hard braking? What a whack car
Still a work in progress and not entirely happy with it, but this will settle the car down enough to win bone stock with Fully Customized Suspension and Brake Balance Controller being the only upgrades.

You have to compensate for the locked rear active LSD with some suspension tweaks, it is annoying but the car drives fine afterwards.

Hyundai IONIQ 6 N.webp


I'll post the more polished final version in my tuning thread once run a few more tuning iterations.
 
Found an excuse to showcase my new livery.

1a123702e9b4-screenshotUrl.webp
1a123702e9b87-screenshotUrl.webp
1a123702e9b63-screenshotUrl.webp
1a123702e9c45-screenshotUrl.webp


The rain did little to stop its rampage.


1a12370418e82-screenshotUrl.webp





1a12370010041-screenshotUrl.webp




The rest of the races? I'll pass. Will wait for Spec IV's iteration of these Weekly Challenges.
 
Anyone else’s Ioniq 6 race automatically cut the throttle every time you came up to a corner? I have never experienced this before in any car in any race. The throttle cuts completely just before a braking zone. The only driving aid I have on is ABS. Strange.
 
Meh week.
Sunday Cup was in a Volvo I just used a couple of weeks ago for a similar race. Below the suggested, on CM and a few mods. Made the race more exciting and won by 4 seconds.
What can I say about the Jimny but it is now a POS after the last update! WTF? It was like driving some cartoon car. lol Heck I did an endo and it wasn't even a jump! Used one of my Sierras on SS and some minor mods. Won ugly by around 10 seconds.
Euro FR was in an E30 with Miura-san's livery. Kept it under the suggested on SS and even this was too easy. Won by 20 seconds.
Special race wasn't bad. Used my modded one for the handling and an easy win.
Gr.1 was in the same car I've won this before, SF23 Toyota. Had a short downpour by the end of the 4th but I stayed out on my RM's while half of the field went in for IM's. Took first after overtaking the Citroen and built up a lead. Went in in the 8th for fuel and still came out first. Won by 45 seconds as the rain started again at Spoon.
Won the Gr.1 Nissan and keeping it.
Now bring on Sugo and the new races!
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_ (3).webp
Grand Valley - South_ (3).webp
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - East_.webp
Tokyo Expressway - Central Clockwise_.webp
Suzuka Circuit_ (3).webp
 
Last edited:
Anyone else’s Ioniq 6 race automatically cut the throttle every time you came up to a corner? I have never experienced this before in any car in any race. The throttle cuts completely just before a braking zone. The only driving aid I have on is ABS. Strange.
Without knowing anything, sounds like a bug with the braking assist with that car or something?

Double-check your assists
 
Still a work in progress and not entirely happy with it, but this will settle the car down enough to win bone stock with Fully Customized Suspension and Brake Balance Controller being the only upgrades.

You have to compensate for the locked rear active LSD with some suspension tweaks, it is annoying but the car drives fine afterwards.

View attachment 1570258

I'll post the more polished final version in my tuning thread once run a few more tuning iterations.
The real car surely doesn't behave like that under braking though. Shows how off the physics are sometimes. Stock Jimny is the same. Some cars under heavy braking get the most brutal snap oversteer which is just weird
 
Hello everybody !
Here we go for a new week of challenges !
Weekly challenges :
Brands Hatch Indy Sunday Cup :
Renault Twingo , 61ch/790kg, 370,48pp, CS, livery by me !
1000255460.webp

Grand Valley Sud Jimny Cup :
Suzuki Jimny Sierra , 115ch/1070kg, 399,59pp, CS, livery by me again !
1000255461.webp

Maggiore East European Fr550 :
Jaguar E type , 304ch/1300kg, 530,00pp, SM, no livery.
1000255462.webp

Tokyo Expressway Central Ioniq :
Hyundai Ioniq 6N , 650ch/1590kg, 599,97pp, SM, livery by me too !
1000255463.webp

Suzuka Gr1 :
Mazda LM55 Gr1 , 1001ch/880kg, 931,69pp, RM, livery by CAVERITO_BR
Stategy=> FM4, RM for the start, rain is coming so Pit on the end of the lap 02, IM, manage fuel & tyres to the end but, rain returns so, Pit at the end of lap 08, fresh IM & just few fuel for the end. ☔☔☔
1000255464.webp

Power Pack challenges :
Special European Classics
Sardegna B, Nurburgring GP, Barcelona GP.
BMW M3 E36 "Sabine Schmitz" , 420ch/1230kg, 632,79pp, RH, livery by Micelaneous lighltly modified by me.
1000255465.webp

1000255466.webp

1000255467.webp

1000255468.webp

6 Stars Ticket Cars : 🫤
A Porsche VGT Spyder => Sold for 607.600cr
A Dodge SRT Tomahawk S VGT => Sold for 681.820cr
All races was Golden on Hard difficulties, TC0 👍 (except Gr1 race), ABS default, PS5 with gamepad.
Many thanks for reading my post.
Good weekend everybody and good Singapore GP 🏎️
At the next week with the new Spec 4 Maj 😉
 
Last edited:
October – Week 2

Hello everybody!
These weekly races were unpredictable, and here’s my report. I used:
Gamepad | Automatic transmission | Race Difficulty – Hard | TCS 1

#5 | Gr.1 Prototype Series | Suzuka Circuit
F3500-A | PP 950 | RM>W tyres | FM 6 | 1 pit
I only manage to win prototype races in a formula car. I understood that the race would be difficult and Wong would make 2 pit stops and the main task would be not to let him go far. But in the first attempt, I changed the tyres to intermediate ones, and that was my mistake, because they didn't keep track at all in the heavy rain. On the next attempt, I changed the tyres to wet ones and was second until lap 10. After Wong's second pit stop, I took the lead with a three-second lead. I drove the last lap in a cold sweat trying not to make mistakes and finished first with Wong on my tail.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20261009195111.webp

Gran Turismo™ 7_20261009195213.webp

#4 Special Race – Hyundai IONIQ 6 N – One Make | Tokyo Expressway – Central Clockwise
Hyundai IONIQ 6 N | PP 670 | RS tyres
I struggled with the terrible handling of this clunker for the first lap, then I somehow adapted to it, but still, in the last corner of each lap, I crashed into a barrier.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20261009222939.webp

Gran Turismo™ 7_20261009223014.webp

#3 | European FR Challenge 550 | Autodrome Lago Maggiore – East
Aston Martin Vantage ‘18 | PP 542 | SS tyres
I tuned my magnificent Vantage to the PP550 and pretty confidently took the lead. To be honest, on the 4th lap I relaxed, anticipating a close victory, but suddenly an arrogant TVR jumped out from somewhere and I had to work hard to come first.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20261010001023.webp

Gran Turismo™ 7_20261010001113.webp

#2 Jimny Cup | Grand Valley – South
Suzuki Jimny XC ‘18 | PP 497 | RS tyres
I bought a racing suspension for Jimny, but contrary to expectations, he drove even worse. I had to go back to the standard suspension and crawl to the finish line.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20261010011450.webp

Gran Turismo™ 7_20261010011616.webp

#1 Sunday Cup | Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
Audi TTS Coupe '14 | PP 380 | CS tyres
And even this race was not easy, I overtook my rivals on the last lap.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20261010023339.webp

Gran Turismo™ 7_20261010023517.webp

The 6-star roulette ticket brought me Ferrari 499.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20261010024013.webp

Thanks to everyone who read my post, and good luck with the races!
 
Last edited:
Anyone else’s Ioniq 6 race automatically cut the throttle every time you came up to a corner? I have never experienced this before in any car in any race. The throttle cuts completely just before a braking zone. The only driving aid I have on is ABS. Strange.
Do you race on a wheel?

If so, do you keep you foot just above the brake pedal?

I found yesterday that I was accidentally touching the brake pedal and that would cut the throttle.
 
2174.webp

Sunday Cup - Roadster NR-A 🔰

2175.webp

Jimny Cup - Sierra JC 🔰

2176.webp

European FR Challenge - V8 Vantage S 🚫

2177.webp

IONIQ 6 N One-Make - 🔰

2178.webp

Group 1 Prototypes - LM55 🚫

POWER PACK CHALLENGES
2179.webp

Historic Rally - Delta 🔰

2180.webp

500HP Tuning Battle - Genesis Coupe (GTAm swap) 🚫

2181.webp

Group C Memories - R92CP 🔰

Rewards:
  • Sports Suspension (GT3 RS 992) - 3⭐️ Daily
  • Dupe LM NISMO - 6⭐️ Car (Weekly)
  • Dupe Tomahawk GTS-R VGT - 6⭐️ Car (PP)
 
The Jimny tries to kill you if you do anything but accelerate in a straight line.

I agree for the Jimny , i don't remember being that bad and didn't change anything from last time i use it .
And i think was the same race again.
When you brake , you never know what side of the horizon you will see 😂

What can I say about the Jimny but it is now a POS after the last update! WTF? It was like driving some cartoon car. lol Heck I did an endo and it wasn't even a jump!

Stock Jimny is the same. Some cars under heavy braking get the most brutal snap oversteer which is just weird

I bought a racing suspension for Jimny, but contrary to expectations, he drove even worse. I had to go back to the standard suspension and crawl to the finish line.
I was also surprised with how bad the Suzuki Jimny was driving, as I actually liked tuning and driving this car previously. Put some time into making it drive nice and feel good, then detuned until I had as few upgrades as possible (only use parts listed, stock wheels, no wide body) for a fun race with consistent 1-4 second win if you're good at momentum driving.

Hope everyone enjoys, and please let me know how the tune treats you if you end up using it.

Suzuki Jimny XC GV South Settings.webp
 
Last edited:
1a12831baec6-screenshotUrl.webp


1a12831baed46-screenshotUrl.webp


1a12831baec94-screenshotUrl.webp


Quite an odd fella.

I would apply a braking technique similar to what I do to a Porsche 911 or any rear engined car - keeping the wheel straight while lifting off the brakes then turn.

Still experimenting on this.
 
It's my 40th birthday!
So I this morning did all 5 Weekly's, one with special tribute.

1a129f083e126-screenshotUrl.webp

1a129f0a3f112-screenshotUrl.webp


1a129f0ed7253-screenshotUrl.webp

1a129f1054849-screenshotUrl.webp


1a129f15d218-screenshotUrl.webp

1a129f1955618-screenshotUrl.webp


And fifth, special one!
Tried with couple cars, but then I remembered my idol from best times of F1!

1a129f1edf810-screenshotUrl.webp

1a129f20ca040-screenshotUrl.webp

1a129f22b4a26-screenshotUrl.webp


Whole race, still rendering to HDR:



It was 🌧️

1a129f1c12a94-screenshotUrl.webp

1a129f1d85785-screenshotUrl.webp
 
It's my 40th birthday!
So I this morning did all 5 Weekly's, one with special tribute.

View attachment 1570567
View attachment 1570568

View attachment 1570569
View attachment 1570570

View attachment 1570571
View attachment 1570572

And fifth, special one!
Tried with couple cars, but then I remembered my idol from best times of F1!

View attachment 1570573
View attachment 1570574
View attachment 1570575

Whole race, still rendering to HDR:



It was 🌧️

View attachment 1570576
View attachment 1570577

Happy Birthday and cool tribute! Have a good one mate 🎉:)
 
It's my 40th birthday!
So I this morning did all 5 Weekly's, one with special tribute.

View attachment 1570567
View attachment 1570568

View attachment 1570569
View attachment 1570570

View attachment 1570571
View attachment 1570572

And fifth, special one!
Tried with couple cars, but then I remembered my idol from best times of F1!

View attachment 1570573
View attachment 1570574
View attachment 1570575

Whole race, still rendering to HDR:



It was 🌧️

View attachment 1570576
View attachment 1570577

Happy Birthday 🎂
 
It's my 40th birthday!
So I this morning did all 5 Weekly's, one with special tribute.

View attachment 1570567
View attachment 1570568

View attachment 1570569
View attachment 1570570

View attachment 1570571
View attachment 1570572

And fifth, special one!
Tried with couple cars, but then I remembered my idol from best times of F1!

View attachment 1570573
View attachment 1570574
View attachment 1570575

Whole race, still rendering to HDR:



It was 🌧️

View attachment 1570576
View attachment 1570577

Let's make it a bit more spectacular.
happy-birthday-fireworks-animated.gif
 
Back